• Member Since 28th Jan, 2015
  • offline last seen Jun 6th, 2022

GhostWriterPunPony


Sometimes I write.

E

After Moondancer's disaster of a birthday, Minuette comes up with a brilliant plan.
Sneak into Star Swirl the Bearded's Wing, borrow a time travel spell and use it to MAKE Twilight go to the party.
However, the return of the Mare in the Moon throws a wrench into things.

Chapters (1)
Comments ( 15 )

That was incredible. Just one issue.

"So...you claim to be the pony responsible for all of this? Tell me. Where is Celestia?"

"I-I don't know."

Blueblood snorted and turned away. "I thought so. Swift Sword, if you would so kindly escort her out, I have more important matters to discuss."

The guard who had escorted her in gave a small bow to Blueblood. "Yes Sir." As he turned to push her outside again, Minuette sidesided him and called out to the Prince.

"But I did use a time travel spell. Multiple times. It was by somepony named Blue Belle!"

Swift Sword was roughly shoving her out the doors, but at the mention of Blue Belle, Blueblood froze. "Swift Sword, Silver Shield. You and the others are dismissed. Evacuate the city and collect as much food as you can. I'd like to speak to this mare alone."
"I-I don't know."

Blueblood snorted and turned away. "I thought so. Swift Sword, if you would so kindly escort her out, I have more important matters to discuss."

The guard who had escorted her in gave a small bow to Blueblood. "Yes Sir." As he turned to push her outside again, Minuette sidesided him and called out to the Prince.

"But I did use a time travel spell. Multiple times. It was by somepony named Blue Belle!"

Swift Sword was roughly shoving her out the doors, but at the mention of Blue Belle, Blueblood froze. "Swift Sword, Silver Shield. You and the others are dismissed. Evacuate the city and collect as much food as you can. I'd like to speak to this mare alone."

As legomaster00156 pointed out, you duplicated several consecutive paragraphs. Also:

Minuette could only hope Twilight's study havits hadn't set their friend further into her shell.

habits

Minuette sidesided him and called out to the Prince

sidestepped

Other than a few weird typos, it's a good story. Funny concept.

6189794
Aaaaah horse apples. That's what I get for staying up late to meet deadlines.

I'm still a bit new this site and figuring out it's workings. Is there any way to edit chapters without deleting the whole story?

6189938

Yes. Just hit the edit button on the chapter.

6189950

Awesome! Thanks so much! Everything should hopefully be fixed when I get home from work today.

:yay:Yay! another Competent!Blueblood story. :pinkiehappy:

6190372
Indeed, faved because of it.

This was really well-paced! Slice of life-ish start, some magical tomfoolery, then impending doom, then a quick, desperate action sequence, a second to breathe out when they get to the archives, and a soothing wind-down that ends with a lemon twist into someone's eye! It kinda has that feels-like-an-actual-episode vibe. Well done!

Well, I take it this happened prior 'Amending Fences', seeing as how Minuette wasn't aware that Twilight was needed to save Equestria. Still, I thought Twilight didn't know about the time spells until "Time's Up"?

The moral of this story is, Twilight's a tough pony to crack. She really doesn't want to make friends, and yet she gets the Element of Friendship :twilightoops:

I always love Bruce Wayne-esque Blueblood, who is a jerk in public but competent and (a bit) nicer in public. Especially since he doesn't outright tear into Minuette, but makes her aware of the error of her ways and convinces her to abandon her quest for the greater good.

Hehehe very nice work, loved it. :twilightsmile:

In light of the season five finale, this story is even more amusing.

6352795

I figured that as Celestia's personal student, Twilight was probably aware that time travel spells existed but had the good sense to Not touch them since, time travel is pretty tricky stuff and usually best left alone.

To be honest, it'd been a long while since I'd seen 'It's About Time' when I wrote this so I could be wrong about the specifics of her knowledge

"pouring over" should be "poring over", unless you're writing about liquids.
Including where "and been pouring over it books" should be "had been poring over its books".

"You know...my aunt has a saying 'All things work out eventually'. And while I'm sure it's a shame things didn't go as you'd planned, I'm sure things will work out between your friends."

Yeah Minuette just wait until season 5 episode amending fences things will eventually work out even though it takes a little bit longer but it will eventually

Login or register to comment