• Published 9th Jul 2015
  • 330 Views, 7 Comments

My Little Pony: The Element of Time - Thunderwing250



After the events of Khaoios, another enemy awakens from a long exile, bent on destroying Equestria. With the assistance of an ancient ally, it is now a race against time to stop this enemy before it unleashes its deadliest power...Pestilence.

  • ...
 7
 330

Chapter 7: Canterlot Under Seige

High in the skies, Xenxus passed over many towns and cities, striking mayhem through the land. However, his main focus was on the heart of Equestria: Canterlot. Charging and shrouding himself in thick fog, he roared out loudly, shaking up the heavens from above.

The Archivist and Doctor Hooves heard it, and quickly urged the group to hurry on. Over in Canterlot, the bellowing echo could be heard clear as day, and the Royal Guards got into their positions. Princess Celestia, who was still with her sister, commanded all her guards to be on the lookout and attack anything that seems unusual. Following her orders, one guard hurried to the armory, while two others remained behind, standing watch. Once outside, the guard turned to other squads.

“All units, hold your positions!” he yelled out.

One by one, every guard prepared their spears and bows, ready for the unexpected. For five long, anxious minutes, they locked their eyes on the sky, waiting for whatever was coming, until the bottom of the castle exploded, knocked everypony off their hooves. They tried not to scatter in panic and began looking around, but they could not find whatever it was until one guard ran from the gate.

“IT’S UNDER US!” he yelled.

Every guard hurried to the ledge and looked down, and began to fire their magic, spears, and bows. However, they realized the explosion came from the mountain below the city, as if something were inside. Trying to be effective despite their fear and confusion, they split up two large regiments. One remained, monitoring the bottom of the castle, while the other marched out to head inside the mountain.

Celestia appeared from her balcony and looked down.

“What has happened?” she called out.

Before anypony could reply, another explosion was heard, only this time, something blasted up through the courtyard, shaking the entire castle like an earthquake. Everypony shook, desperately trying to find out what it was, until the creature revealed himself from the fog. Celestia and the guards watched as the form of a monstrous alicorn emerged through the mist. Luna, struggled to walk over and pointed.

“It’s him!” she said, only to faint from exhaustion.

“LUNA!” Celestia cried out, and within seconds, Xenxus began to use his magic to blast the castle.

With beams of power, the guards retaliated with magic of their own, as well as tossing spears and shooting arrows. Unfortunately, every shot they made, Xenxus dodged with extreme speed. As the unicorn royal guards charged their magic, Xenxus’ horn glowed, and soon his hooves glowed as well. Suddenly, he slammed down on to the ground, creating an impact that sent a shockwave throughout the city. The buildings trembled and something low in the grand castle hit a spark and was set ablaze.

As the guards stood back up, they noticed they couldn’t summon any of their magic. Xenxus watched them and sneered.

The ponies found themselves off guard and unprotected. Powerless, they began evacuating the castle. Down below, the ponies watched as many ran into their homes to seek cover, while others fled the city in fear. Creating such mayhem, Xenxus then blasted the castle again, only to blow up one of the towers, creating falling debris. Fire began to spread, but to their surprise, Xenxus backed off and began, somehow, to grow.

In their chambers, Celestia cradled her unconscious sister, watching the strange, terrifying scene with rage in her eyes. She knew she couldn't leave Luna, though. The guards weren't strong enough to protect her. She turned as she heard her doors fly open and a guard rushed in.

“Princess, please, you need to evacuate!” he insisted. “The castle is burning! Our soldiers can't use magic, his power seems to cancel out ours. You need to get out of here!”

Celestia's heart ached. She wanted to fight this monster, but if she were brought down for even a moment, Luna was open to all attacks. She grimaced.

“You need to focus your attention on everypony else,” she ordered. “I can handle myself and my sister. Don't worry for us.”

“But the fire--!”

Celestia gave him a tired smile.

“No fire can harm me. Take care of yourself.”

As the evacuation went on, Twilight and the rest finally arrived at Canterlot, but they were too late. Xenxus had arrived and they watched as everypony fled the city. Twilight and the company ran to the path leading into the city and quickly raced to the castle, but were held back because of the fire. Scared for the Princesses, Twilight headed straight for the door before a guard met her and grabbed her shoulder.

“Princess, you need to leave, now!” he said in a panic.

“What happened? Where are Celestia and Luna?” Twilight demanded.

“I... I don’t know. This alicorn is too powerful!” he replied.

“Where are they?!” she yelled.

“I don’t know. They’re probably still in the castle. It’s too late! Everypony is evacuating,” The guard insisted.

Twilight’s rage grew.

“I’m not leaving without them!” she yelled, and before anypony could stop her, she was flying up into the castle.

With a sigh, The Archivist turned to Twilight’s friends.

“I’ll go after her. However, I would like all of you to assist the ponies out of the city. That includes you, doctor,” The Archivist said.

Applejack understood immediately.

“Don't have to tell me twice! Come on, everypony!” she replied as they quickly dispersed.

The Archivist turned to Doctor Hooves.

“If I do not make it out, send a distress message to the masters. Tell them, Xenxus is alive and that assistance is required immediately,” she said.

Doctor Hooves nodded.

“Understood!” he replied as they both hurried away in different directions.

Inside the castle, desperately looking for Celestia and Luna, Twilight rammed through the doors and hurried to the throne room. She was relieved to see the smoke hadn't reached there yet, but they weren’t there. Worried, she then ran to their bedroom, but to no avail.

“Celestia! Luna?! Please, answer me if you're here!” she called.

No voice she knew answered, but her blood ran cold as she heard a deep chuckle as a reply.

It was lucky that the group from Ponyville had arrive when they did. They evacuation was complete, no small feat, and the extra power of more organized hooves had certainly helped the guards out. Applejack brushed sweat from her brow as she and the others hurried up the hillside to the refuge the other evacuees had sought. She was taken aback, however, to see Celestia lying there in the grass, cradling her unconscious sister in her forelimbs.

“Princess!” Fluttershy cried. “Thank goodness!”

“Twilight found you, huh?” Rainbow Dash asked.

Celestia frowned slightly.

“I'm happy to see you're all safe,” she said, “but, no, I haven't seen Twilight? Where is she?”

Her friends shared a look of fear.

“She ain't with you?” Applejack demanded.

Celestia shook her head, though all of them stalled and looked back at the city with horror as they heard an explosive sound come from the castle.

Twilight didn't have time to react as the floor under her exploded, sending her back to the wall. Before her, the pale form of Xenxus raised up from the hole in the floor like a ghost. Twilight, already covered with cuts and bruises, got to her hooves with a frown on her face, puffing out her chest and spreading her wings.

“Where are the Princesses?” she snarled.

Xenxus smirked.

“Do you really think you can scare me? You are nothing but a mere insect to me. As for your Princesses, I already dealt with them. Now, it’s your turn,” Xenxus replied.

Twilight felt such rage, far greater than before. Her horn began to glow bright.

“I'll make you regret that, you monster!” Twilight shouted.

Xenxus smiled.

“Good, show me your rage and hatred of me. Show me that your anger can defeat me, little insect!” Xenxus laughed.

Twilight, with all her strength, charged at Xenxus, shooting her magic at him. Xenxus flew back, dodging each shot, but Twilight carried such rage in her that the air behind her blasts crackled with magic. Even the monstrous alicorn felt it clinging to his body like static. He sneered. Twilight's magic smashed through walls and windows and she tried her hardest to strike him, but he was like a ghost. He came at her quickly, knocking her to the ground, but she jumped out, her body letting out a huge burst of magic. It didn't hit him, but the edge clipped his neck. He frowned and flapped his wings, hard, and bowled her over, knocking her back against a wall.

“Khaoios almost defeated you,” he growled, “but now, I shall finish you and your friends. One. By. One!”