• Published 11th Jul 2015
  • 9,185 Views, 178 Comments

My Faithful Student - FadFreaky



Twilight's latest discovery sends her back to the past. What she finds, is quite the surprise. (Sequel now out!)

  • ...
20
 178
 9,185

Chapter 12

--Eclipse PoV--

“Curious. Curious. Curious. Remember to be curious. Mornings are so droll that they always begin the same way. Even after the alicorn showed up, the mornings and evenings always stay the same. Interacting with the purple alicorn is asking for trouble- no, there is something about her. The air around her is dangerous. Her work is mediocre, but when she got her allies it only improved. I certainly do not believe that she has any notion of hurting my nation. Of course I don’t. Ponies hate her just as much as I do, her work outside is negligible and everypony is suspicious of her. Luckily, my daughter was kind enough to keep an eye on her. It was a simple price to allow her to skip on her studies. She was always smarter than her sister, although which one I am speaking of I will allow you to figure out.” I said to no one as there were no ponies in the room aside myself. Shortly after my conversation, I begin coughing violently from a simple illness I contracted from being with the common ponies.

“Bah, I should invite those common ponies over for dinner some time. Once I find them of course. Give them some wine that is equally tasteful to the vintage they gave me. I’m certain we have some Coppinghart’s Holdings in the cellar. Infact I shall go there now. Do not wait for me.” I leave the room as empty as it started, a short trot to the cellar could do me some good. The cold air in the basement has always done wonders for my head and I have writ many a laws down there.
“Hum, I knew we had some of the vintage left. I should speak with my wife about it later. Perhaps over a bottle of it. Considering this… mess of a gala will be beginning in only three days I am certain she will be happy to share one with me. Before we throw the alicorn back in the dungeons where she belongs.” Holding the bottle, I go back to the upper layers of the castle. A simple query to the maid of the wing gives me a direction to my wife.

‘Why she ever married a being like me is simple to answer, I asked her first. The other stallions that vote for her hoof were unharmed in the aftermath of course. I am a gentlecolt and would never hurt a pony for no reason.’

I arrive shortly and after knocking I portude my head into her room. Well I call it her room but it is actually the throne room. She handles most of the civilians and common ponies for me as I have far too much on my plate to pay attention to them for even a momentary second. The nobility keeps me completely busy and I rarely have a moment to myself. ‘I do not intend to wake you Solace. Perhaps tomorrow we shall enjoy this wine together.’ I softly remove my frontal neck from the doorway and close the door before walking through the castle in a mechanical routine. Electing to pay a short visit to the western wing. Of course, I do not spend much time there. The western wing, comprised of all the bedrooms and studies, for myself and my wife, is my least trodden wing. I spend most of my time outside, painting or being with other nobles. There we speak about extremely important queries such as which of Princess Platinum’s descendants get the title of prince this year. The first alicorn’s direct descendant, who helped create several nations, including mine, still deserves reverence and their descendants have earned nobleship through blood. However, that blood only runs so thick. It takes a intense effort to find which of the descendants has the most of it.

“Now my daughters are in the ballroom, both of them keeping an eye on the spy of an alicorn. It seems that the room has been improved… tastefully. It is obvious which sections my daughters have done and which my dear friend of an alicorn has done. There is a clear difference of quality between the two.” I say to the air of the room before I continue walking down the corridor towards the eastern wing.

Finally, I reach my destination. “Here, we find all the homely commodities. Such as the bathrooms, the various working rooms for the staff and the all important dining room. Of course, I always eat in the dining room. As conversing with the staff is an all important part of my day.” I say as I assist a maid who fell over herself. Dropping quite a bit of expensive tea all over the floors. Her face turns a dark red as she cleans up the dropped plates and dishes, trotting away to a different room.
“Her name is Ann and she is the second most important maid in the castle. Why you ask? Because she is the one who brings me tea. That’s why of course. The only one more important to that job is the one who brings me the all important black coffee in the mornings. Although, recently I have had to stop drinking it, else one of them try to convince me to give them a taste.” Laughing haughtily, I decided it was a wonderful time to grin at your confusion. That is to say no one’s confusion. Because there was nopony else in the hallway… at all.

I proceeded to walk to the back yard. No one decided to follow me, apparently they all are very capable of ignoring me when ordered to do as such. “It is a rare moment when I, the King of this budding nation, am capable of being out in the garden with no escort. I hold a secret disdain for my escort of course. It is why I reassigned them to escort our new alicorn ‘friend. Only imagining the pain she suffers through every day. Having guards bothering you about this and that, pointing spears at the wrong ponies constantly. Especially, when you can defend yourself as well as one of us can. That does beg the question of course, why didn’t she just escape? I left her without nullifier in the dungeons for weeks and yet no escape attempt. Of course, I was well prepared to make her an enemy for all eternity, for as alicorns live forever she could never escape. She would be trapped running from the law for the rest of her life. Shame it didn’t happen that way.” I pluck a flower from the ground, one of the special flowers my wife and I got planted in the garden to represent us. They are several different colors at once. To represent the radiance of the day, while at night they are completely black to represent the darkness of the night. Fitting for us, yet not so for our daughters.

Finally, I return to my room. It takes me no time at all to arrive at the scene. Laying in bed for the day. “I must get my rest for the party you see.” I say yet again to no one.

“Tell the maid to wake me tomorrow at the usual time.” My yawn stifling my words as I speak to you. Exhaling deeply as I lose a breath and darkness overtakes my sight. But of course, there is no one there and I will wake tomorrow, as always.