• Published 16th Jul 2015
  • 1,452 Views, 203 Comments

On the Run - darkmage1997



A mix up has an unlikely hero being sent to prison while his evil twin uses their exact likeness to get close to the Royal Jewlery

  • ...
13
 203
 1,452

Chapter 8: Growing and confirmed suspicions/New Human

A few hours after the Interrogation at Fillydelphia Police Station, the beings of Harmony were walking to where their friends were. While they were walking, they heard yelling from 'Toby's' room. Peeking inside, as not to be noticed, they saw 'Toby' in a karate outfit, chopping woods with his hands, yelling names in a language they didn't understand. Moving away from the door, Lucky looked at her friends. "Why's Toby doing that?" she asked.

"I don't know, maybe he's taking up karate?" Vibrant theorized.

"No, he said it himself he doesn't involve himself in any sort of violence," Serenity said quietly.

"Well, maybe we should talk to the others about it," Trinity said, as she led her friends towards where their parents and friends were.


In the party room, all the parents and older children were all mingling about, wither playing board games, or just having some snacks. The beings of harmony walked in, and they all tried to get the attention of the adults and the older kids. After many attempts, Season whistled loud and long, getting the attention of the others, "Hey guys, do you think Toby's been acting strangely lately?" she asked.

"We thought it at first, but it turns out he was just tired. Fatigued from the battle against Tirek," Ashley replied.

"Really?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Yes. Toby asked us to tuck him in after talking with Bowser," Fluttershy replied.

"Bowser. Something about him just rubs me the wrong way," Spike commented.

"Well, maybe its just our imagination messing with our minds," Trinity theorized.

"Yeah, well, lets get you kids to bed," Twilight said, as everyone went back to their rooms.


The next morning, the Mane Six, Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara, 'Toby', and the human parents were all sitting down to breakfast, still aching from the interrogation.

"Oh man, my hooves are aching after all that sitting." Rainbow Dash complained.

"Mine too, sugarcube," Applejack agreed. "Say, why we won't we head to the spa for a while?"

"I'm in. What about you, Toby?" the cyan Pegasus replied.

"Count me out. I'm heading to the museum." their 'nephew' replied.

"What would you need to go there for?" Twilight asked.

"I always enjoy the historical looking artworks. Doesn't everybody?" he answered.

The others gave each other dumbfounded looks each other and to the 'boy'.

"Say, you're alright, sugarcube? You seem to be acting strange." the country mare said,

"What do you mean? That's ridiculous!" 'Toby' laughed.

"OK. I'm off." Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

As the Pegasus flew off, the two mares decided to depart as well.

"Since when Toby is acting like Discord? Did he do something to him?" Twilight thought.

"Why is the feller acting so weird? It's obvious that he'd must have some difficulties after defeating Tirek." Applejack wondered.


Meanwhile back at the hotel...

Spike was sleeping alone by himself until he saw Bowser in a detective suit, leaving the building.

"Hello. What do we have here?" he said.

The dragon followed the stallion being unnoticed by him. When he was in the clear, he saw a terrible sight. Bowser was talking with some other shifty stallions, "Alright guys, I need you to give the expo a good review. And give these tickets to anyone who wants them. You may actually have to pay them to come to the expo," Bowser explained, pulling out a briefcase.

"I won't be paid to write a good review. I'm a journalist. I'm joking of course, cash or credit?" one of the stallions asked, as Bowser pulled out a few more briefcases.

"Where does he keep all those things?" Spike asked himself.


Meanwhile, the fillies and human children, including Icezer and Silver, went on to find Babs Seed. What they saw was her by the spa area.

"Hey, Babs!" Apple Bloom shouted.

Babs woke up and saw her cousin and her friends.

"Hey there!" she exclaimed, getting out of the spa pool. "How are my friends doing?"

"Can I be honest with you? Strange." Mike answered.

"What makes you feel that way, buddy?" Babs spoke with worry.

"For starters, Toby has been acting strange. First he hurt his mothers' feelings, then we all got questioned about stealing stuff, and before that, he did some stuff that confused us before we came to the expo." Joshua explained.

This made the filly gasp with worry.

"I need to go with you guys so we can find out what's wrong with him." Babs protested.

"Good idea. Let's head back to the train for some clues." Nyx theorized.

The fillies and human kids ran back to the train in a hurry. However, they didn't notice 'Toby' laughing hysterically because they were running fast.


Meanwhile back in the hotel...

Pinkie Pie was reading the newspaper that said: Recaptured! George Cunningham back behind bars.

She was wearing some glasses which were strangely the same as her nephew's. While reading it, she was eating a cookie. A crumb fell on 'George's' mole and the glasses fell on his face, making him look like Toby.

"What's Toby doing in this newspaper?" she asked herself.

The pink mare took the glasses and wiped the crumb off the newspaper, revealing the picture to be George Cunningham. She screamed in fear, and then giggled. The fillies and human children came in loudly searching for some clues. They found nothing, so they decided to ask Pinkie. But before they could say anything, Spike came in panting and running.

"Bowser's the bad guy! Bowser's the bad guy!" he cried out.

"Spike! What's wrong?" Nyx asked.

"Bowser's the reason why we've been getting great reviews for the expo! He's been bribing journalists to write great reviews!" the baby dragon said.

"Now why didn't we ever think of that?" Pinkie asked, which made everyone look at her questioningly, "Uh, I mean, that's terrible!" she corrected herself. The kids all just rolled their eyes.

"But how can this be possible? It couldn't have to do anything why Toby's acting weird lately." Sweetie Belle theorized.

"Hey guys! Want to see something funny?" Pinkie called, showing them the newspaper.

"'George Cunningham: Most dangerous human in existence'. What does that have to do with anything?" Scootaloo said.

"Nothing, but check this out." the pink pony replied as she covered the mole on the newspaper with a hoof and put her glasses on it. "Aha."

"Say, that looks like Toby." Spike commented, which the other young ones agreed.

Pinkie took her hoof the mole and removed the glasses off the newspaper causing Nyx to scream.

"Gah! What'd you do with Toby?" Apple Bloom cried.

Suddenly some thunder crashed.

"Wait a minute. Pinkie, what if Toby is replaced by this George guy?" Conner fearfully asked.

Pinkie raised her head as a light turned on, showing that she has an idea.

"Nah. That would be fake. We would've all noticed. Wouldn't we?" she said.

"Come on. Let's go find him." Crystal said as the others were behind her.


"Toby? Are you there?" Apple Bloom asked as she opened the door. However, there is no one in the room. They all went in it.

"Guys! Over here!" Mike whispered to the others. He opened up 'Toby's' suitcase to reveal a stack of bombs and dynamite. This caused everyone to make their jaws drop.

"What kind of a kid would hide lots of explosives?" Babs cried softly.

"Maybe he's interested in them?" Pinkie suggested which everyone stared at her dumbfounded.

"Well, how come he's never told us? Hey, there's a chart." Silver called.

What it read was: The Ultimate Heist.

"Toby's obviously planning a comedy heist bit." Joshua commented.

"Hope not. Those never work." Nyx replied. Then she noticed something peculiar. "What's that?

The gang went close to her as she dipped her hoof on the tan-colored makeup. Then she realized something.

"Oh, no." she gasped as her eyes widened.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Pinkie stammered.

"Oh, no." Nyx repeated.

Pinkie held the newspaper as Nyx colored the mole on the newspaper and Joshua put some glasses in front of it. Their eyes widened too. It looked like Toby Mason! They screamed in fear while some ponies took notice of it and ignored it.

"Let's get out of here!" Babs cried.

Everyone agreed as they tried to flee, but were stopped by George Cunningham.

"Not so fast!" he demanded., pulling out some nun chucks.

"Where's Toby?!?" Joshua shot back.

"What do you want?" Pinkie asked.

"You have partied your last party, pony." the criminal said as he was about to attack them, but Silver blasted him with psychic energy. Everyone cheered as the teen saved them, but saw George getting back up with razor-sharp steel teeth. The gang escaped into a train just in time, as it passed through the train yard behind the hotel. Spike looked out to George, which the criminal mastermind growled at him.

"We need to get back! Warn the others!" Pinkie cried.

"No one would believe this! They don't know if it's true!" Joshua responded.

"Should we report to this to the Princesses?" Nyx asked.

"We don't have any evidence! None of this would have ever happened if we just followed Toby and kept an eye on him like Twilight promised." Sweetie Belle responded.

"You're right. If Toby was here, he'd know what to do." Pinkie replied sadly.

"Actually, you're right. There's only one human who can save us. Only one boy who can bring justice, defeat his fraud, and set things right!" Apple Bloom said proudly.

"You're talking about Toby, right?" Nyx asked.

"Of course. Toby." Scootaloo answered.

"Let's go to the Frostbite Maximum Security Detention Center and get our little brother back!" Apple Bloom cheered.


Back with Toby...

"Alright guys! From the top! Five, Six, Seven, Eight!" Toby called to the inmates at they began to dance on a stage in the mess hall.

"Lord I hope I get it! I hope I get it! How many people does he need? How many boys, how many girls, how many does he need?!" the inmates sang.

"How many people does he need? How many boys, how many girls, how many does he..." the maximum security prisoner sang, before one of the prisoners closed the sliding door on his cell.

"I really need this job! Please, I need this job! I really need this job!" one minotaur sang, as Trixie rose from her seat.

"I really need this job! Please I need this job! I really need this job!" she sang off key, making the inmate look at her questioningly.

"Uh, very good, but, Trixie? Maybe we should keep it to just prisoners only," Toby said.

"Right, sorry, I just really love Broadway," Trixie commented, before looking at Toby's clipboard, "So, who made the cut?" she asked.

"Alright, here's the guys who made it," Toby said, as he began reading off names.


Back with George,

After Pinkie Pie and the children escaped, George was knitting a wool sweater. Just then, Bowser came in, "Oh no, what's wrong? You only ever knit when you're nervous," Bowser asked.

"Those Crusaders, the human kids, and that pink maniac escaped, knowing that I am not Toby," George replied.

"Oh, well that's just great!" Bowser said sarcastically, before an idea dawned on him, "Wait! I have an idea," Bowser said, as he whispered it to George, who smiled wickedly at.

"Excellent plan, Number Two," George said, just as he and Bowser saw Fluttershy and Ashley coming their way. George quickly applied make up, and put on Toby's glasses.

"Toby, sweetie, we need to get down to," Fluttershy cut herself off when she saw that 'Toby' was knitting, "I'm not even going to ask," she said to herself, as she, Ashley, and 'Toby' made their way to the expo hall.

"Uh, girls, before you make your way down, I need to tell the others something," Bowser called.

"Alright, we'll gather the others!" Ashley called back.

"Now, I'll get a cupcake from Pinkie's room," Bowser said, as he made sure the coast was clear, and then swiped a cupcake from Pinkie's room.

Back with Toby...

He was in a lunch line along with the other prisoners. The stallion in charge of the lunch dumped oatmeal in his tray, with some splatting in his face.

"I was hoping to get a candy and drink like Auntie Pinkie gave me and my friends." Toby said to himself, while walking to a lunch table. As he sat down, he heard several giggles nearby. He turned to see some female prisoners, waving to him. The female prisoners sat with Toby, making him sweat nervously.

"Looks like George is being sweaty as usual." one said.

"Say, George. Maybe you can go out on a date with me tonight?" another asked Toby.

"Not so fast! I want him!" a third argued.

All the female prisoners argued until someone shouted "STOP!" They saw a female human, drinking a soda.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" she said, as she walked towards the female prisoners. She then stopped when she came in front of Toby. "Hello, sweet cheeks. I see you're back in the slammer, huh?"

"But I'm not George, I'm Toby." Toby cried.

"Well, I know a liar when I feel one. My name is Shadow Mavis. I'm the third most dangerous criminal in existence, next to that stinking Turtle, but I'm glad you're number one. You look cute." the girl said, as she grabbed Toby by the face, and pressing her lips with his.

Toby spaced out as he fell backward, stammering. "I got to go now." he said, as he got off the table, and ran off.

"Jeez. What's his problem? He's the most dangerous human in existence, and he doesn't want a girlfriend?" a female prisoner complained.

"Well, I'm not giving up that easily. I will get him to like me." Shadow Mavis compressed.

As Toby was running, he was nervous about what happened. "I can't date her. I already have big sister Silver Spoon as my filly friend. If she found out, then..." Toby gulped, not daring to say the rest while going to where Trixie is.