• Published 16th Jul 2015
  • 1,445 Views, 203 Comments

On the Run - darkmage1997



A mix up has an unlikely hero being sent to prison while his evil twin uses their exact likeness to get close to the Royal Jewlery

  • ...
13
 203
 1,445

Chapter 7: Apologies/ the heist/ interrogation

Back with Toby's family, after a long day at the Expo, Ashley and Fluttershy were getting ready for bed when suddenly they heard a knock at their door.

"Come in." Fluttershy said.

What came in was their 'son', not knowing he was actually the escaped criminal.

"Momma, Mommy, I came here to say that I deeply apologize for what I did there to you two earlier. I should start thinking the words about what I'm about to say before I actually say them." 'Toby' said seriously.

This caused the two mothers to have smiles with delight.

"Thank you, Toby," Ashley replied happily as she hugged her 'son'. "But why are you acting so superior when you just apologized to us? I never seen you act that way before."

"Me neither." Fluttershy agreed.

"Well, I didn't want to come in too weak to apologize to you. So I became like my Auntie Rainbow Dash and became loyal like her." 'Toby' answered.

The two mothers were glad to hear this, but gave each other dumbfounded looks and to the boy.

"By the way, can you tuck me goodnight? That proves you that I still love you two. Well, aside from my Aunties, Uncles, my big sisters, and my human friends. But you know what I mean." the 'boy' said.

"Alright, my little angel. Let's get you to bed. It's night already." Ashley said.

The three walked out of the room and headed to their beds. While going to hallways, the two mothers didn't notice it, but 'Toby' gave a thumbs-up and a evil smirk to Bowser, which the stallion nodded.


Back at the Maximum Security Detention Center...

Toby slumped around in his cell, being depressed, until a certain mare unlocked his cell.

"Come on, Toby. It's time." she said.

"Umm, OK." Toby replied, as he got out of cell. He followed the mare while passing halls until he came to a certain room. Suddenly, the mare grabbed Toby and brought him to a chair. She later levitated a rope that was nearby. She restrained Toby by putting his arms behind his back, and pushing his legs in front of him. She tied up his hands with one side of the rope, and tied his legs together with another side.

"Please, let me go. I come in peac--" Toby pleaded before being cut off as the mare strapped duct tape over his mouth. Suddenly. the mare revealed itself to be Trixie.

"Shh! If I get caught doing this, then I'm off to become a criminal." she whispered.

Muffled pleading can be heard from Toby as he wiggled furiously in his bonds. Trixie then got a crowbar from her back, causing Toby's eyes to widen. He wiggled furiously in his bonds again, and started crying.

"It's okay! I'm not going to hurt you." Trixie hissed. She rolled up the leg sleeve of Toby's jumpsuit, and saw the metal GPS cuff on his ankle. Toby made some muffled gestures that it would shock him, but Trixie ignored it and lodged the anklet with the crowbar. Suddenly, it came off. Toby stared at Trixie with scared eyes, which the unicorn smiled as she untied the child, and teleported the duct tape off his mouth. The duo then walked off to another room.

Toby was watching Trixie direct some prisoners to do their acts. However, they were failing miserably, making Trixie infuriated.

"ENOUGH!!!"she shouted. "You're all terrible. Fix this, boy, or it's the Wall."

Toby awkwardly approached in front of the others.

"Uh, guys, maybe it might be a good idea to start up with an upbeat song, then go into a comedy routine." he said.

"That's impossible. This is prison. Nothing is joyful here." one prisoner said.

"He has a point. We are all in the same block. How can we make this enjoyable?" another said.

Everyone was agreeing with each other's answer. During this, Toby was making an angry face, an anger he had never experienced before, and became red.

"SHUT UP!!!" he yelled furiously. "Now listen here, everything must go according to plan, and if ANY of you have a problem, then my door is always open!"

Trixie was impressed. She approached the boy while Toby was breathing heavily in anger.

"Thanks you, Toby. This is what is actually needed." the unicorn said.

"She is right, Toby. We will do what you say" a prison griffon.

Toby smiled at this accomplishment.


At night, Trixie approached Toby's jail cell.

"Goodnight, boy. It was a great performance tonight. Even if your friends and family do not need you, we certainly do." she said.

This made the boy a lot better. "Good night, Trixie." he said.

As the warden said good night to the others, Toby stared at his cell window.

"'Family'? No one believes in 'family' in the Maximum Security Detention Center," Trixie words are still in his mind as they echoed. Toby let some tears roll down his cheek and went to sleep.


Once he was convinced everyone was asleep, George quietly snuck out of his room, taking the spare room key, and made his way back down to where Bowser was in the convention hall, "Sorry I am late, Number Two, but I had to wait for everyone to fall asleep," George said.

"It's fine, and thankfully, the walls are too thick for any of the sounds our sledgehammers will make," Bowser said, as he and George started swinging away at the wall. After awhile, they created a large enough hole for both of them to get through.

"Alright, time to get to work," George said, as the two proceeded into the museum.

Half an hour later,

"Where is it?! Keep smashing Number Two!" George ordered.

"What do you think I'm doing?" Bowser asked, as he picked up the last statue, "The last one," he said.

"He sort of looks like you, Number Two, but less gruff," George said, as Bowser threw the statue on the floor, revealing a key. Picking it up, Bowser found an engraving.

"'Colonel Bloods Key'," he read.

"Nice of him to label it," George said.

"There more," Bowser said, as he flipped the card attached to the key over, "'Look for what you seek, in the vaults of lights'," he read, "That's where the locket is! In the vaults of the Manehatten National Bank," he said.

"Then we know where Mega Equestria Expo goes next, Manehatten," George said, as the two left the museum. Bowser left behind a gold coin with the indentation of a turtle.


The next morning, in the museum, two guards were walking into the statue room. When they saw what happened to the statues, they were mortified, "We are so busted," one of the guards said.


Back with Shade, Will, Gilda, Greta, and Iron Will, they were all sitting in an office, sipping coffee, or in Shade's case, some green tea, "What exactly are we doing?!" Shade demanded.

"We're doing our job." Iron Will replied, as he took a sip of his coffee.

"All we have to do is watch for blinking light things, and then we act. Its how its done here in Equestria and its neighboring countries," Gilda added.

"Ha, in America, we use satellites with LED displays, not cardboard with Christmas lights through it!" Shade argued, as a light pinpointing Fillydelphia started blinking.

"A blinking light!" Iron Will said, as the five ran outside. Once outside, Will tossed two Pokeballs, releasing his Latias and Latios, "What are these, your pets?!" the minotaur asked.

"They're my fastest of all my Pokemon that can fly," Will said, as he and Shade got on Latias, while Iron Will got on Latios, "Gilda, Greta, can you two guide us to this Fillydelphia place?" Will asked.

"Sure, just don't slow us down!" Gilda replied, as they took off. After about fifteen minutes, they arrived at the Fillydelphia Art Museum, "We're here," Gilda said, as they entered the building.

Fifteen Minutes later,

"The turtle was here, again!" Iron Will said, as he clenched the gold coin.

"But this doesn't make any sense. Why break into an art museum, smash a bunch of priceless statues, and not steal anything?" Shade pondered.

"There must be something bigger going on," Greta theorized, as the clock tower went off.

"Well, our day is over," Iron Will said, as he and the two griffons sat at a table, reading a newspaper. Shade and Will both rolled their eyes, before noticing a poster, with their Ponyville friends.

"Wait, aren't those our friends?" Shade asked.

"Yeah," Will said, as he pulled out a brochure for the Expo, "And according to this, the expo they were helping host was yesterday, the same day of the crime. Do you know what this means?!" Will asked.

"Yes, they love museums," Iron Will replied.

"No! As much as I hate to say it, but it means they're suspects!" Will clarified.

"Ok, overtime! We need to catch them, before they leave the city," Gilda said, as the five ran towards the station.


"Alright guys, let's get on board," Twilight called.

"NOT SO FAST!" the entire group turned to see Will, Shade, Iron Will, Gilda, and Greta, "We need to have a word, with each and everyone of you," Iron Will said, as he and his colleagues presented their badges.

"Wow, those are big badges!" Pinkie commented.

"Why? We didn't do anything wrong!" Fluttershy whined, as she ducked under, but Will grabbed her mane.

"We must interview with you first, then you can go." Will said, as they pushed the adults and children in police cars.