• Published 16th Jul 2015
  • 1,452 Views, 203 Comments

On the Run - darkmage1997



A mix up has an unlikely hero being sent to prison while his evil twin uses their exact likeness to get close to the Royal Jewlery

  • ...
13
 203
 1,452

Chapter 10: Heading to Canterlot/ the theory/ Talent show

Back with Bowser and George...

They managed to escape before anyone could catch them.

"That was close." Bowser said.

"We need to move to final phase three: Canterlot Party." George said, smiling devilishly, as he put on Toby's glasses.

The 'boy' went back to his family just as the running of the bulls was over.

"Hey there, sugarcube!" Applejack called.

'Since when does this moron started yelling in a happy voice?' 'Toby' thought.

"So I was hoping if we could that party in the royal Canterlot Ball room," the 'boy' said.

"Why there?" Candace asked.

"Well, we were planning on a party to celebrate George Cunningham's capture, before we went on this expo journey, remember?" 'Toby' answered.

"Oh yeah!" Rainbow Dash said, as the family and 'boy' were leaving out of the stage.


Back with the officers...

They were investigating the scene of the crime.

"I've never been to a more ridiculous crime scene." Greta complained.

Suddenly, something caught Shade's eye.

"The pink pony!" Shade said, as he picked up the cupcake. "She was here!"

"The Turtle!" Iron Will said, as he picked up a coin. "He, too, was here!"

"Wait a minute! Could the pink pony and the Turtle be one and the same?" Gilda theorized.

"As much as I hate to say it, yes!" Will complained.

"I knew it! But why would she steal some bones?" Shade asked.

"The bones apparently belonged to one Colonel Blood, the only living creature to ever come close to stealing the Canterlot Royal Jewels," Iron Will answered.

"Wait! Where does this all lead?" Shade asked, before it dawned on the others.

"The pink pony is planning on stealing the crown jewels of the princesses!" the investigators said altogether.


Back with Shadow Mavis...

She had been walking around the detention center, looking for Toby. She was later stopped by Trixie.

"There you are, Shadow Mavis." she said, while levitating Shadow Mavis in a corner, pressing her arms against the wall.

"Oh, it's you." the girl said sarcastically, while being frisked. "What is your business with me?"

"A nice young boy has made the decision to invite you to his talent show, and you'll be in the front row seats with us."

"Really?!? I get to see George in live?!?" the girl said in excitement.

"Yep, but don't get your hopes up. We know you're still a bad girl after what you did to Ponyville last year. So I need to keep you close to me." Trixie said, while taking out her cuffs, putting Shadow Mavis's arms behind her back, and locking them. The girl grumbled while struggling to get out, but still blushed about what her 'boyfriend' do for her.

Back with Toby...

All the guards, Shadow Mavis, and Trixie were sitting on chairs. Then they saw a giant sign, saying "Annual Frostbite Prison Talent show". The center of the "O" opened up to reveal a pony, "It's the Frostbite annual Talent show, with our very special guest, Toby Mason!" he cheered, as the sign rose, and the band started playing classical music.

"Oh, thank you, thank you." Toby bowed, as cheers were heard.

"You go, George! Show them your pride!" Shadow Mavis rooted.

"Ok. Roger, you're next for the semaphore." the boy said as he looked at his clipboard. "Alright. Jacob for pigeons..."

Suddenly, the children and Pinkie crept from a corner.

"Toby, psst." Sweetie Belle whispered.

Toby suddenly turned around and saw his friends, sisters, and aunt. This made Toby smile with joy.

"Big sisters, Auntie Pinkie, Uncle Spike, everyone. You're all here." the boy said while tears of joy were about to form.

"Come on, Toby. We need to get out of here right now!" Conner said.

While another act was being produced, Toby met his friends, Spike, and Pinkie outside the building. What they didn't notice, was that a simple girl hiding in the shadows, and eavesdropping them. She leaned in closer to hear.

"I'm so glad you are all here!" he said.

"Toby, listen. An evil guy named George Cunningham has replaced you!" Mike said.

"What?!? George replaced me?!?" Toby asked.

"As much as it's crazy to say it, then yes," Spike said. "Plus, he was working with his partner named Bowser Nate. They are planning something terrible, but we don't know what."

"But how can you all not notice that he replaced me before?" the boy stammered.

"He made himself look like you and talk you! Also, he did some strange things that confused us." Apple Bloom commented.

"So, all this? No one in my family knew that I was locked up in a Maximum Security Detention Center and that I was replaced by a evil criminal mastermind?!?" Toby said, hallucinating.

"It's sound worse than it was." Pinkie said.

"No. It's bad as it sounds." Silver said.

"George was gone all along?" Shadow Mavis wondered. "By this wimpy boy that I've been fooled by?!?"

"I thought you guys didn't need me anymore." Toby said as he started crying.

"What?!? That's not true! Look at all the stuff you accomplished! Who was the one we wanted to rescue from Queen Chrysalis taking over Equestria besides Celestia and Luna?" Pinkie started.

"And who was the one who got his locket back from another world that me and Twilight went in as different forms?" Spike saluted.

"And who saved us and granted his wish to rid of Zanzibar and we all got our parents human and pony back?" Heaven continued.

"And who stood up to his own father after the father killed the boy's mother in a car accident?" Pinkie finished.

This made the boy a whole lot better and he stood with pride.

"You're all right. I'm not going to let my fraud take over! It's time I stood up!" Toby said with pride as he started running.

"No! Wait! Toby!" the others called.

Suddenly some gunshots were heard, which made Toby froze. Luckily, they were nearby the boy, but not close to him.

"I forgot. I'm in a prison." he said, turning to the watch tower, "Sorry Ivan!" Toby called.

"Ah, its no problem, its an honest mistake!" the minotaur called.

"Well, that's just great." Spike said sarcastically.

"Wait! I have an idea!" Nyx said. "Toby, you're having a talent show, right?"

"Yeah. Why?" the boy asked.

The filly whispered the plan to the boy, which the others nodded in agreement.

"They are going to escape?!? Not on my watch!" Shadow Mavis thought, while following the others being unseen.

So Toby went with the others and by himself, went back inside.

"Oh, thank you, thank you." he said while bowing. "Now for the finale of the talent show, I shall do a magician's act."

The act was a milk can escape. Some guards brought a milk can filled with actual milk. They opened a lid and put Toby in it. The guard locked the can with some locks and went away as another pushed a screensaver to block the audience's view. Toby knew exactly what to do. His friends a dug a hole above the milk can. The boy stomped on the milk can, causing the bottom part to make a hole for him to fit through. He went through the hole and followed the others. Back above, the guards were wondering what happened to the boy, but Trixie was panicking. She was biting her hooves nervously, but no one seemed to notice. What became of her boy? Just as the screensaver was removed, the milk can began to fall apart by pieces, and everyone was shocked.

A guard came to inspect the scene, and when he realized the boy was gone, he shouted out" He's disappeared!"

Trixie then came out of her seat and shouted at the top of her lungs, with all sorts of rage, "TOBY!!!"


The gang and Toby were in a car, breaking the main entrance just as the alarm was ringing.

"Alright! Let's get back to Canterlot" Toby cheered.

"How do you know they are there?" Serenity asked.

"While I was at lunch, also the lunch was disgusting there, I heard some prisoners discussing something about George being interested of stealing the royal jewelry, so George's next target would most likely be those treasures in Canterlot." the boy said

"Wow! Good catching up!" Spike commented.

"And can you take off that prison jumpsuit? They might recognize you as that criminal. Plus, you don't look so good in orange. No offense." Pinkie said.

Toby took off his jumpsuit and his black shoes. He puts his sneakers back on him and puts his glasses back on, but the main clothing will be a problem.

"Wait! What will Toby wear?" Scootaloo said.

"He can use some of Rarity's clothes I have." Sweetie Belle answered as she took some clothes from her bag.

What Toby is now wearing his a black shirt, brown plaid pants, and a scarf on his neck.

"What about the mole?" Nyx said.

"We'll deal with that later. For now, let's get to Canterlot." Toby said.

"I'm glad you're back with us, little brother!" the CMC said in unison.

"Me too, big sisters." Toby responded as he hugged the CMC.

"Good to have you back, little wittle Toby!" Pinkie said, nuzzling into her nephew's cheek.

"You too, Auntie Pinkie." Toby said as he hugged Pinkie Pie.

"Let's go!" Mike cheered with the others, but were unaware of a certain girl that was hanging on the van.

"I must be involved with this! I want to know what happened to the real George!" Shadow Mavis grunted.


Back with Toby's family,

"Guys, before we head out, I have some bad news. We only had a budget for just two expos alone," Bowser said bluntly.

"What?!" Twilight and her friends demanded.

"I know, I know, but at least you guys got to experience something different," Bowser said.

"We got trampled by a bunch of bulls!" Stealth said.

"Yes. Well, I will be accompanying you to Canterlot for personal reasons," Bowser said, as the train pulled in.

"All aboard who's going aboard!" the conductor called, as the family and Bowser boarded the train.

"Silver Spoon, I must ask you something," 'Toby' said.

"What is it sweetie pie?" Silver Spoon asked.

"Will you be my date to the party?" he asked.

"Oh my, where did this come from all of a sudden?" Silver Spoon asked.

"Well, you are my girlfriend, so I thought it would be appropriate to ask you out," 'Toby' said, 'That, and I can distract you fools while Number Two steals the jewels,' he thought to himself.

"Oh Toby, you know you don't have to ask me to be your date," Silver Spoon replied, kissing the 'boy' on the cheek.

"So, is that a yes?" 'Toby' asked.

"Of course it is, silly," Silver Spoon replied, wrapping her arms around 'Toby', and embracing him.

"Excellent," 'Toby' lied. "Finally, I can fulfill my destiny, and try to make my father and my real family proud. I hope I can see them again.