• Published 14th Nov 2011
  • 5,710 Views, 215 Comments

Don't you remember? - PinkieIsMahWaifu

  • ...
6
 215
 5,710

Daddy's Home

You looked up at the enormous Chimera leaning over you. Whilst you had grown in the years you had not seen him, you were still dwarfed by his immense size.
'D-dad?' You gasped, horrified by his return. The visit was made worse when another huge beast swooped down and landed on the ground next to him. Your mother.
'Pleased to see us, son?' Your dad laughed grimly in his deep, scraping voice.
'What... What are you doing here?' All the malice in your voice was intended. Whilst it wasn't in your nature to be aggressive, you knew if your parents were back, it wasn't good.
'My, my!' Your mother cackled. 'Our boy is finally toughening up! Or he would be, had he not DISGRACED our name!'
'What are you talking about?' You growled.
'We're talking about when you disobeyed my direct order of staying in the forest, skipped around town with some FILLY, and then allowed yourself to get beaten up by a PONY!' Your father screamed in his gravelly voice. There was no point hiding it, your were scared.
'That was f-four years ago dad... I-it doesn't matter-r anymore...'
'DOESN'T MATTER?! YOUR COWARDICE IS WORSE THAN WE THOUGHT!!' His voice lowered to quiet but deadly tone. It was one you had feared since you were a child.
'We gave you four years to correct your mistake... But it is clear now we need to intervene....' He began to beat his enormous wings, battering nearby trees and lifting himself up from the forest floor. Your mother followed him, tearing up plants in the miniature whirlwind she created.
'What's going on? Where are you headed?' You questioned, impatience overwhelming you and taking control of your tongue.
'Isn't it obvious? We just had to wait until the filly returned from Trottingham to fix this. We're going to Canterlot castle.'
'N-no! You can't do this, it wasn't her fault, I-' You were cut off by a forcible smack around your face, originating from your mother's tail. The sudden sting brought tears to your eyes.
'Silence, child!' She howled. 'You should be thanking us for doing what you were too WEAK to do...'
With her words ringing in your ears, and your eyes blurred by the liquid brimming in them, they left you there once again on your own. You didn't sit there for long, however. You thought about what your father had said. 'We had to wait until the filly had returned from Trottingham'. Did... Did this mean Celestia was back? Oh, no. You knew something needed to be done, and fast. You had to get to Canterlot, but there was the problem of how.

Ever since Celestia left, you found you couldn't... You couldn't fly anymore. Flying was what you and her learned together, and without Tia it just didn't seem right. Whenever you tried, your wings didn't budge. You couldn't exactly walk to Canterlot, half the ponies would come after you waving their pitchforks and torches, What could you do? Unwittingly, by now, you had wandered out into the fields. You were still thinking of how to get to Canterlot when you noticed a tall, cloaked figure out in the open. You ducked into some bushes nearby, analyzing the shadow in the distance.

The cloak was something similar to what Zecora would wear, but the figure was far too tall to be the rhyming medicinal zebra. With a flick of her head, the shadowed figure knocked back the hood, revealing a spiraled horn and a long flowing mane. With magic, she unbuckled the clasp at the front of the cloak. She threw it off and outstretched her wings. Her pure white coat shimmered in the moonlight. It was her.

At first you didn't know what to do, but you quickly settled on the idea of speeding towards her. You had, of course, forgotten about your increase in size, and you could hardly blame Tia for assuming it was an attack. However, you hadn't anticipated her spinning around on her forelegs and bucking you in the face.You blacked out as the second hoof hit your cheek.


When you came to, a very worried Celestia was standing over you. In a split second, you took in everything you could about her. She had grown very tall, she was just a few inches smaller than you when you were on all fours.Her coat was no longer fluffy, but instead a pure, sleek white. She was much older than when you last met, but so were you. The curious thing was she had no cutie mark. Her flank was as blank as four years ago. This barely even crossed your mind as strange at that moment because you were caught in her eyes. You looked at her face. Her features had matured, and even though they showed nothing but concern, she was beautiful.

'Oh my god... are you okay?' She whispered. You rose to all fours.
'Umm.... yeah, I guess...' You rubbed your eye, but your paw was quickly pushed aside when she jumped on you, wrapping her forelegs around you in an embrace. You took in her smell. Her hair filled your nose with the scent of flowers. When she finally let go, you were still too dazed to remember what your parents were currently doing. You shook your head, and your thoughts cleared a bit.
'Wait... are we... are we meant to be some-where?' You mused, trying to shake the fog from your mind.
'Ummm... I don't think so... are you sure you're okay?'
You hadn't really thought about who you were with until now. It felt as though no time had passed since you played together as children.
'Oh my god...' You gasped. 'It's really you..'
'Of course it's me, Discord!' She giggled. 'I missed you so much...' She pulled you into another hug and nuzzled your ear.
'I.. I missed you too.' You whispered in her ear. No words you had ever said were as true as these. You hardly stopped thinking about her in all the time she was in Trottingham. You even thought about once again entering the boundaries of Equestria, but realized that would have been more than foolish, just asking for trouble. And.. and now she was here? It felt like a dream. You missed her more than you had ever missed anyone before.
'You... you've gotten so big,' She laughed as she let go of you. She circled you several times.
'What are you doing?' You asked, watching her as she continued walking round and round.
'I'm sorry, it's just I've forgotten what all of you looked like.' She giggled, playing with your tail. You smiled as you watched her spring around in glee. You were older, but you were both still children at heart. Nothing could spoil this moment. Or so you thought.

You quickly withdrew your tail from her when you remembered why you came to the field in the first place. She was shocked as you pulled away so quickly.
'What's the matter?' She said in a worried tone. You panicked. Should you tell her?
You knew what you had to do.
'I'm so sorry....' You turned to leave, desperate to try and fly away, but your wings clamped against your body like they normally would. You strained as you desperately tried to unfurl them, but you muscles were ablaze with pain. You gasped sharply, and collapsed on the floor.
'Discord... tell me what is going on.' She crouched down so she was face-to-face with you. You gave in to her.
'My parents...' You winced. 'They're going to Canterlot Tower to...' You faded towards the end of the sentence.
'To what?' She asked. You tried desperately to force your voice out of your mouth.
'I.... I don't know... but no good is going to come from it...' You whispered. 'They want revenge, and when Chimeras as ruthless as them want revenge only destruction is left in their path.'
Celestia gasped. 'What... what are we going to do?'
'We need to get to Canterlot, but... I can't fly.' You grimaced. 'And we can hardly walk through the streets....'
'Why do they want revenge?' Tia asked.
'Well... I 'disgraced' the family name when I... when my....' You twitched you tail as if to make a point.
'I see.' She said, her voice as composed as ever. 'I know a spell that can get us there. You might want to brace yourself... It can nauseate you the first time...'
You stiffened, preparing as Celestia's horn lit up the dark field. You were both enveloped in a bright, blinding light. When the light faded, you were in a different place. You realized this was the place that just four years ago you had your tail broken at. Canterlot tower.

A sharp scream roused you from your thoughts. You turned around to see a scene that would have reduced any royalty-loving pony to tears. The bodies of the late rulers of Equestria, encased in stone. They were both stood tall, proud to their last moments. Not a single tear broke through the fortress of their eyes. As much as you hated them, you couldn't help but feel saddened, yet amazed that they could be so strong in such dark times. You glanced across from them, and you saw something terrible. Celestia saw it too.
'No!' She screamed.

It was your parents, growling horribly and cornering a little pony.
A deep blue baby alicorn was sat, whimpering, unable to escape from their wall of wings and fur.