• Published 14th Nov 2011
  • 5,720 Views, 215 Comments

Don't you remember? - PinkieIsMahWaifu

  • ...
6
 215
 5,720

Magic

'WHAT?!' You shrieked. 'I can't lower the sun; I barely know how to even use my magic yet! Anyway, it's Celestia's duty, it's not my right to!' You started to panic as Zecora's brow furrowed and the General gave you a pleading look.
'She can hardly do it now.' Marty pointed out. 'If you don't move the sun, the citizens of Equestria will panic. Hay, they don't even know about what happened to King Neptune and Queen Venus yet! You have to do it, or the whole country will descend into chaos!'
'I..... No! I can't do it! I don't know how!' You pleaded in vain.
'Listen, Discord. This must be done!' Zecora ordered. 'Only you have the power to lower the sun!'
'But I don't know how to tap into that power yet! I was never taught!' You bordered on the edge of screaming.
'Maybe I can help.' The General offered. 'I know a thing or two about magic!' He gestured to his flank, showing a cutie mark of a shining blue six-pointed star. You glanced at him sceptically, seeing from the corner of your eye Zecora kneeling down by the unconscious princess.
'What are you doing?' You asked.
'I will take Celestia to her chambers for rest. You've got to try and do your best!
General Pants, try and guide him too. The fate of Equestria rests with you.' Zecora's voice echoed through the hall as she left the room, carrying the princess on her back. You glanced back to the General who gave you a nervous grin.
'Let's get this over with.' You sighed, defeated.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

'Okay, so first you need to channel the energy in your body to your... uh, horn?'
'No, chimeras use their claws.' You corrected.
'Huh... fascinating.' The general said, genuinely intrigued. He shook his head rapidly, focusing again. 'Sorry, where were we? Oh yes. There is no actual one way to activate your magic. It is said to differ with everypony, uh, or 'every-chimera', I suppose.' Marty cringed under your unenthusiastic glare.
'However,' The white unicorn continued. 'It is still based on one basic principle, which is channeling the energy you create through that one specific appendage.'
'And how exactly am I supposed to do that?' You sighed. The general had proved of no use to you so far.
'Well, it's not hard to explain. Basically, you think of something that, uh, makes you happy.'
'Okay. So what do you think of?' You asked.
'Uh, well... I don't think I should say....' You noticed something off about the white unicorn. A faint blush broke across his cheeks. You jumped at this opportunity to guilt him into telling you.
'Oh yeah? But if you don't tell me, then I'll have no idea what to do... And the whole of Equestria will perish!' You put on your best dramatic voice, falling to the floor with an arm across your face at the word 'perish'.
'Uh...' Smarty Pants hesitated.
'PERISHHHHHHHHH!' You wailed, flailing your legs in the air as you laid on the floor.
'FINE! I think about her!' He cried. Upon hearing this, you stopped flailing and got back up again.

'And by that you mean...' You coaxed, desperate to know that it was not your Tia that the General was talking about.
'Zecora. Who else?' He sighed. You let out a gasp of relief.
'Wo-ah, Marty! I had no idea. So you want a piece of that, huh?' You winked.
'It's not like that!' The General squealed indignantly. 'She's.... I don't know.... different. And I like that.'
'I didn't even know you'd met her before.'
'Well, you know... I'd heard about her from the Princess and seen her a few times when she's visited the castle. She's just so.. adventurous and wild, living in that forest and all.' The white unicorn began blushing furiously.
'Hey, I live in that forest! Is this your way of confessing your feelings for me?' You laughed.
'Obviously. Oh, Discord, take me back to your love den!' Smarty Pants said with mock adoration.
'Oh, I don't know, Marty. What would my mother say?' You clutched your lion paw to your heart, fluttering your eyelids at the white unicorn. You were able to hold that pose for about two seconds before you both fell to the floor, clutching your sides. You wiped a tear from your eye.
'Hey, Marty?' You chuckled.
'Yeah?'
'You're all right.'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

About forty minutes passed before Zecora returned to the great hall where you and Marty were practicing.
'It is time for the moon to come out. Are you ready without a doubt?' The rhyming zebra chimed.
'Well, we've made a lot of progress... and found out some things.' You laughed at your inside joke as Marty blushed, still not taking his eyes off the medicinal pony.
'It is time for the deed to be done. Discord, it is now that you must lower the sun.' You were nervous, and glanced back at the General. He nodded in encouragement, and the three of you walked to the balcony at the side of the room. You started to focus your energy, and held on to the memory that powered your magic. The memory of her. Her beautiful face, framed perfectly by her soft flowing mane that tumbled down her shoulders like a waterfall. Her pristine white coat that shone with the light of the sun itself. The memory of the times you spent together. As children. In the castle. In the maze. She was all you needed to think about for the spark of magic to ignite inside you.

Your claw began to glow with a golden aura as you concentrated your power into one place. When you felt that power in you beginning to come to a crescendo, a beam of pure energy shot out from you, reaching high up through the clouds, past the planet's atmosphere, through the vacuum of space, and finally, to your target. A lot of things happened in that split second when your magic reached the sun.

As soon as the golden aura that reached through the skies from you like a tendril came into contact with the fiery surface, something happened in you. You felt the gates of your mind blow open as everything in the past that you were hindered by made sense. You understood all. You knew all. You felt all. Your magical capabilities were unlocked; in you, you had the power to re-write the order of the universe itself. You became omnipotent. You had the power in one talon that could blow away battalions of soldiers, create new matter and allow you to become the master of anything you put yourself to. You could create chaos.

Some ponies might have jumped at the opportunity to become the ruler of everything, but you didn't. You were pure in your heart and felt no need to cause misery to others. Yet. No, instead of using this new-found power for bad, you simply plucked the sun from it's resting place, slid it beneath the horizon and rose the moon in its place. You looked down from the sky and saw Zecora and Marty smiling at you. You noticed they were standing closer together than they were a moment ago. 'Marty, you dog.' You thought to yourself, grinning as he unwrapped his foreleg from around her.

'Well, I'd say that went well.' Marty laughed. 'Champagne, anyone?'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The three of you left the great hall, making your way back to Celestia's chambers. When the three of you arrived there were two members of the royal guard waiting by the door.
'Private Stormwing. Private Cloudhoof. You are both dismissed from this post until tommorrow afternoon.' The General ordered.
'Uh, then where do we go?' Stormwing asked.
'Go home and spend the night with your families. I'm sure you haven't seen them in a while.'
'Really? Thank you, General!' Cloudhoof said gleefully, before saluting and leaving. You found it odd that two guards with such a fearsome appearance could be so happy at the prospect of leaving the castle to go home.
'She is probably awake now, slumber free. Discord, you should be the first she will see.' Zecora's voice chimed, indicating for you to go in.
'I agree. You are her closest friend after all.' Marty added. 'And in the meantime, perhaps Miss Zecora will accompany me for a late night walk in the gardens?' The medicinal zebra blushed and wrapped her foreleg around his. As the two wandered off down the hall, you couldn't help but think how great they were for each other. You turned and pushed open the ornate wooden door leading to Celestia's room.

----Author's note------
Sorry everypony about this chapter. I felt it seem a bit sub-par, but it's necessary for the rest of the story to make sense. Thanks for putting up with me. <3

PinkieIsMahWaifu XOXO