• Published 27th Aug 2015
  • 565 Views, 10 Comments

Reflections - Flutterbat276

  • ...
6
 10
 565

Hang Out at Canterlot Cafe

Lyra and Twilight waved goodbye to Bon as the headed out to the local cafe.

"Need any Marebucks?" Twilight asked at the coffee center.

"Um...sure why not!" Lyra said, following her alicorn friend.

"One double mocha cuppachino and a deluxe expresso, extra foam," asked Twilight, putting ten bits on the counter. The worker gave Twilight a bow and gave the bits back. Twi blushed embarrassed at the reaction, but accepted it as part of her princesshood. "Thanks..."

"Ok, expresso and cuppachino. Anything else for you your majesty?"

"Uhum...just Twilight is fine, but thanks. And no thank you. My friend and I are good," Twilight said, trying to keep a smile on.

"I swear, I'm still not used to this being a princess thing. It's kinda flattering how they all now and let me get free stuff, like this coffee, but I still think that it's unfair. It makes me feel like I'm more important than everypony else when I'm really not any more important as I did before I got my wings," Twilight said, levitating her cappachino.

"I bet, but it's just a part of being royalty. I'm sure you'll get used to it after a while," Lyra said, sipping her expresso. "But hey, free stuff is kinda fun, ain't it?"

"Yea, I guess so. It just makes me feel bad since all I did was be an alicorn to get them. I feel like I should earn the stuff instead of it just be given to me," Twilight said. Her expression was blank mostly, say for a little bit of guilt and wonder.

After a few moments of sipping coffee and chatting back and forth, the two left Marebuck to go to the castle where the mirror was kept.

Author's Note:

I know it's short, but it's still a chapter! Mirror coming up next chapter!