• Published 27th Aug 2015
  • 565 Views, 10 Comments

Reflections - Flutterbat276

  • ...
6
 10
 565

A Little Small Talk

Lyra woke up in her Canterlot house one spring day, April fourteenth, to be exact. She went downstairs, greeted her roommate, Bon Bon, and ate breakfast.

"So, Bon, how's the shop been going lately?" the mint green mare asked her cream colored friend, who was eating a bowl of oats.

"Oh, same as usual. Not any better than when you asked me yesterday, Lyra. You getting any luck working the musical group?" she asked.

"Well, we got a gig at this filly's birthday party downtown. I believe her name is Pink Pearl or something. Has Celestia given you anymore assignments since the Bug Bear attack in Ponyville a few weeks back?"

"Nah. Like I said, since the Elements of Harmony came back and Nightmare Moon was destroyed, we haven't had much to do. The occasional spy group is sent out to see if any enemy nations try to attack, but otherwise, the agency has been dormant for a whi-" she stopped at the sound of the doorbell. "I'll get it Bon," said Lyra, shoving a last piece of toast in her mouth as she got up to get the door.

The pony had started knocking, quickly shortening time between their knocks. Lyra thought to herself, "Jeez, some pony's impatient."

"Lyra! So nice to see you again!" the purple alicorn said, a baby dragon on her back. She was sweating, so Lyra assumed she was either flying or running.

"Oh, hey Twilight! What's up?" asked Lyra, who was inviting the princess inside.

"Nothing much, besides becoming, well, you know," Twilight said, flapping her wings slightly.

"Yeah. So, what brings you here?" Lyra asked. The two were entering the dining area. Bon Bon was cleaning dishes when she turned to see the two old friends walk in.

Twilight and Lyra took a seat at the table the roommates were previously sitting at. Bon Bon offered Twilight some oats or toast, but she simply declined the offer. "No thank you, but thanks for the offer Miss Sweetydrops."

"You don't have to call me Sweetydrops, Twilight. I've grown accustomed to being called Bon Bon," the cream pony said. She turned and continued to wash dishes. The dragon, named Spike, offered to help her, and the two were teaming up to put dishes in the dishwasher and hoof washing those dishes that were too big. Twilight and Lyra started to chat, taking turns telling stories about all the things that had happened since they had last talked.

It wasn't very long until the two started to talk about magic and trips they had made. This was where Lyra heard something that caught her attention.

Author's Note:

A few things you should know before you give me any feedback! I am literally improvising this story, and most other stories I write. If there are plot holes, I will re-read the story multiple times, and when I see the issues, I'll fix them as I go. Feel free to point out anything I may miss, though!