• Published 2nd Aug 2015
  • 537 Views, 15 Comments

Letters Between Friends - JumpingShinyFrogs



A series of short letters between the many characters living in Equestria

  • ...
0
 15
 537

5. Faithful Student

Author's Note:

As suggested by atreyu

Dear Mommy and Daddy,

Hi! I know it's only been a month since I first went to live with Princess Celestia, but I already miss you. But I'm having fun studying with Princess Celestia. She's so wise and pretty and perfect! And she knows lots of magic too! She has loads of books for me to read and she even gave me special permission to go into the Royal Library. I'm going to read all of those books!

The baby dragon that I hatched is named Spike. He's so cute! Princess Celestia says I'm too young to raise him, so she's taking care of him. She lets me visit him a lot. He likes to play with my tail, but sometimes he bites my hoof. Yesterday Princess Celestia told me to give him a present so that he knows I'm a good pony. I read up on dragons and the book said they like eating gemstones. I asked the Princess for a sapphire and she let me feed him.

Princess Celestia said she's training Spike to be my squire. I was scared she wouldn't want me as her student anymore because I didn't know what that was. But she just laughed and gave me a new book to read. The book said that squires are young ponies who act as servants to knights so that they can be knights themselves one day. I told Princess Celestia that I wasn't a knight and she just said 'Not yet'. I wonder what she meant?

How is Shining Armor doing? Did he make it into the Royal Guard yet? I want to come home and visit but I'm afraid that I'll miss a lesson with Princess Celestia and then she won't want me as her student anymore. I hope you write back soon!

Love, Twilight Sparkle.