• Published 2nd Aug 2015
  • 537 Views, 15 Comments

Letters Between Friends - JumpingShinyFrogs



A series of short letters between the many characters living in Equestria

  • ...
0
 15
 537

3. Shhh!

Author's Note:

Imagine this as Pinkie and Fluttershy writing on post it notes. If this is hard to understand, I'll edit it in the future to avoid confusion.

Hey, Fluttershy, I know we're playing 'who can stay quiet the longest', and I REALLY wanna break your record, but I'm bored. Does writing count as talking?

I'm not sure. I guess not.

Yay! What was your record?

Um... I think it was eight hours. The referees thought there was something wrong with me, and so they took me to the hospital.

Wowee! That's a long time to be quiet. I'm bored already and it's only been half an hour! Imagine what it would be like if I actually did break that record? I mean, Ponyville would be so quiet and predictable because I wouldn't be able to jump out and say stuff like 'FOREVER!' because I'd be trying to stay quiet for eight hours! Can you imagine that?

Oh, my... That sounds wonderful terrible.

Doesn't it? What were you doing for those eight hours to not be bored?

Thinking.

About what? Cake?

Life... What's the meaning of life? Are we just waiting for our own demise, be it by chance or by inevitability? What awaits us at the end? Is there more? Or is there just nothing?

Uh... Hey, Mr and Mrs. Cake are planning on adding a new type of cake to the menu. I bet it's gonna be great. You should try some!

Maybe I should... But nothing will change whether I do or not. We'll all still end up in the ground some day. What do you think is the meaning of life, Pinkie?

To have...fun?

To you maybe. But not to me. To me, it's just a finite amount of time you have to try and unravel the meaning of life. And it's not enough time!

Can we...write about something else?

Oh, uh, yes. I mean, if that's what you'd like to do...

So...how about that cake?

It sounds nice.

...

...

Wait! I hear somepony talking about breaking a Pinkie Promise! This is a state of national emergency! Sorry, Flutters, but I'll have to break this record some other day!

How are you able to hear somepony all the way in town?

And she's gone...