• Published 4th Jul 2015
  • 842 Views, 55 Comments

I Prefer the Term Freelancer - One of the Crowd



Let's follow Isaac and his group as they protect the main six from some unknown danger. Well at least unknown to them because the princess obviously knows but thats besides the point. Anyway will Issac get over his and twilight's past? probably not.

  • ...
12
 55
 842

Deal with it

Chpater 11: Deal with it

"You two have been quite for awhile, is there something on your minds" rarity asked the two unicorns in striped shirts. They looked at each other before Flim began.

"We're thinking back to when we met Isaac almost a year ago, If it wasn't for him we wouldn't be here"

"The town we were in was having some trouble and they accused us. Isaac found the real cause of it and helped o clear our names" Flam added.

"I can see why you two would be accused of somthin considerin you're liars" Applejack said glaring at the two con-ponies

"Oh, we don't do that too much anymore, unless you count making whatever we find sound like it's worth a lot more than it is" Both Flim and Flam turned to applejack before saying "We stopped after Isaac helped us"

*** 11 months ago***

"It's nice relaxing like this every so often ain't it" Isaac said reclining back on a bench in the middle of a small town. Luca was beside him snuggling up to his chest in her sleep, "I swear, you are just adorable when you're sleeping." To their right a large crowd was forming around those two sales ponies selling their 'magical' cure all potions. Isaac had seen this a million times, and knew the town would kick the two out of town in a couple minutes when he noticed the crowd had pitchforks at the ready. "Why can't any of these ponies calmly remove people instead of going straight to murder" Isaac then nudged Luca to get her off of his chest so he could deal with this situation before it became another riot.

"Why'd you have to wake me up, I was enjoying a wonderful dream where you...you...never mind" Isaac raised an eyebrow at the changeling because of her stammering. She'd been acting strange lately around him and he didn't know why all he knew was that she'd stumble over words and randomly drag him to places to relax which Isaac didn't have a problem with.

"Well if you look over that way you can see a mob forming, again. Seriously what is with ponies and forming mobs"

"Didn't you say humans kill each other for nothing"

"That's only sometimes and with certain people who are completely messed up" Luca shrugged before getting off her spot on Isaac's side allowing for Isaac to get up and defuse the situation before it blew out of proportion as always.

"Our product does not bring back then I tell you" One of the ponies on the stage thing said before he continued "It does just about everything else though" This didn't seem to help their case in the slightest as the mob only got more rowdy at his words before a rock was hurled toward one of the unicorns.

"Alright can someone tell me what is going on here" Isaac said drawing the attention of the entire crowd which resulted in most of the ponies shrinking away from him. "Well?" One of the ponies closest to Isaac then spoke,

"Those two have been selling there miracle cure, and its been how do it put this. It's brought back the dead"

"I guess I'm in red dead redemption now aren't I? Sorry but I've only seen the dead be brought back once and it was through magic not miracle cures"

"It's true though, they come at night and attack the town."

"Fine, i'll help"

"What?"

"I'll help fix you're undead problem, for a price of course"

"We'd be grateful but we can't offer you anything"

"You'll think of something, but before I help out I'd like for you to not try to kill those two up their. I might need them for something if this works the same way"

"But they caused all of this.We will have justice"

"You will murder and hope it fixes your problems. What if your right anyway they might be the only ones that could reverse it?" The pony in question looked up toward the stage before back to Isaac and nodded which resulted in the crowd dispersing, but not without giving angry glares in Isaac's direction. Isaac however didn't give a fuck and gave all of them the one finger salute as he walked over toward the stage to see if he could get any information out of the con-ponies. "Alright first things first I expect a thank you" The two ponies on stage looked at each other before back to Isaac before giving a half-hearted thanks."Now I need to know exactly what is going on and why everyone blames you for it."

"Well my brother Flim and I came to this town about a month ago with our patented miracle cure, proven to cure everything for a toothache to cancer..."

"I should beat you to death for that bullshit, But I might need you two" The unicorn shrank back from Isaac when his brother Flim came up to speak to Isaac instead.

"Sorry about Flam, he's more about the promotions than the customers. Like he said we came here about a month ago selling our cure to the town and business was good until the next week when the dead started to rise"

"Why do I always have to deal with the weird shit, Luca I want you to get Silver and Sombra" Luca nodded before heading off into town to get the others that were part of their merry band of loonies and crazies. "Alright next up I want to know what your miracle cure actually does if anything at all"

"Like my brother said it is the cure for all your ailments" Isaac glared at him for a minute before he changed what he said, "Alright it's just water with some green food coloring"

"And they didn't realize this"

"We're really good at what we do sir"

"My name is Isaac, and you two are going to help me deal with the problem"

"WHAT, WHY?"

"You get a cut of whatever we make"

"Deal" Flam said which caused Flim to pull him to the side. They started whispering to each other about what the hell Flam was thinking which was mostly about the money they'd have chance at making which Flim countered with how it wasn't guaranteed they'd get payed at all considering this town wasn't exactly swimming in bits. Ultimately Flam convinced his brother that in the end it was worth it considering that it'd get the town to trust them once again resulting in more sales.

"Well Isaac, I suppose that it is a deal. We expect fifty percent of whatever is earned however"

"You'll get thirty percent because I just kept you guys from being murdered" The two looked at each other with worried expressions before turning to Isaac and saying.

"That's fair"

"Alright, I'll introduce you two to everyone once they get back here" Just as Isaac said that Luca had returned with both Silver and Sombra right behind her. "And there they are," The three walked up to Isaac before asking him exactly why he needed them. "Well we got a job of ridding this town of ponies that don't realize they're dead yet."

"Damn it Isaac we're on vacation"

"Our vacation will be ruined if one of us get eaten so if we do this we get both payed and we don't have to worry about our brains being eaten."

"Fine, but we better make this quick"

"I hate to interrupt, but raising the dead is a very difficult spell to perform once, but if it's happening every night something very bad is happening here" Sombra cut in as he faced Isaac "The only way to have this much power would require constant energy that wouldn't necessarily come from the caster"

"So sacrifices. Why can't ultimate power come from using water or the wind hell why not just use steam"

"Because-"

"Before you start I was joking again, Sombra"

"Oh, anyway like I said somepony would have to have a constant source of energy to do this"

"Alright here's the plan. We wait till nightfall, kill all the undead ponies, and finally follow the bodies to where they came from to see if there are any clues there"

"Sounds simple enough" Flim said as he walked to Isaac's side.

"You've never met Isaac then. His plan's never go as they should" Luca said as she walked over to Isaac and looking him in the eyes, "Isaac just in case I want you to know that I... that I..."

"What Luca"

"Never mind, I'll tell you later"

*** Later that night***

"Alright so from what you two said they're going to be coming from the west, right?" Isaac asked the two brothers as he stood in the middle of town trying to form a plan for fending them off.

"That's right, They come from the west when the moon of in the middle of the sky"

"Of course, Any werewolves want to come out to play too?" Isaac said as he stretched out his arms "Because I just love fighting shit that shouldn't exists" The brothers looked at Isaac as if he was losing his mind while everyone else was used to him doing things like this rather regularly. With that said they got in their positions just within the town limits to prevent the undead from harming any civilians that might be wandering around that night because they have a deathwish.

"So anyone here want to say something before they get here, because here that come" Isaac said before dropping into a fighting stance since he was never able to get a weapon that he could use effectively. "Why don't I just buy a sword or something?" with that the zomponies were upon them biting and not really clawing but rather punching at them in attempts of feasting upon their flesh. They however were incredibly slow, uncoordinated, and would just change what they were doing randomly resulting in them being dispatched rather easily. "You have got to be kidding if that is what these ponies are hiding from"

As Isaac said that a Minotaur whose body was heavily decomposed started to trudge toward the town.

"Well, shit" The Minotaur then spoke in a low scratchy voice,

"You've killed my minions, oh well I'll just bring them back later, after I've killed you of course"

"Good luck with that"

"I don't need luck creature"

"You're right, but you do need to pay attention, NOW SOMBRA" At that Sombra shot a magic bolt at the Minotaur knocking it to the ground, and before it could get up Sombra imprisoned it in a small bubble.

"How mundane" The Minotaur said before punching through the bubble. "Now where was I" The ponies that were lying dead at their feet started to rise back up and began trying to fight everyone once again. Of course it wasn't hard to knock them back down but every time they did the pony would just come right back and continue what it was doing.

"Why can't we have an easy job once" Isaac said as he used one of the zomponies legs as a make shift club to whck another across the face. "Still better than the hydra job at least." The Minotaur just watched them with disinterest before he began walking toward the town itself when Isaac started rushing toward him only to be stopped by some one yelling,

"FLAM" Isaac turned to see Flim yelling at a group of zomponies crowding around what he assumed was where Flam was. Isaac looked at the Minotaur then back to Flam realizing he could only get to one right away.

"Fuck me with a cactus" Isaac charged toward the group of zomponies to try and help the con-pony before he'd be killed. Not thinking it through Isaac went straight to the center of the group to find Flam cowering in a ball trying to hide from the ponies around him when Isaac picked him up and through him over the crowd so he'd be safe. "Now who's first," Isaac said before cracking his knuckles."

*** back in town***

"Remember me?" The Minotaur yelled as ponies were running around him screaming in fear.

"I do, but do you remember me" Isaac said. The Minotaur turned around to see Isaac covered in blood and bite marks with everyone else standing behind him. "Because if you don't you sure as hell will after this."

"How do you expect-" A stone went flying toward the Minotaur's head which it caught in it's hand "How did you think that would work"

"It wasn't supposed to" Isaac said before running up and kicking the Minotaur in the knee causing it to bend in the wrong direction which caused the Minotaur to fall over. After that Isaac started to stomp on the minotaur's head as hard as he could causing bits and pieces to fall off of its skull. The Minotaur grabbed onto Isaac's leg after one stomp and twisted it to point in the wrong direction. "GAH, DAMN IT. MY FUCKING LEG" Isaac fell to his side which the Minotaur took advantage of and climbed on top of him before repeatedly punching his face until his face began to swell and bleed.

"You fought rather dirty don't you think, good thing You feel pain though" The Minotaur said before one of his zompony minions walked up beside him and proceeded to buck him off of Isaac. Sombra's horn was glowing making various zomponies turn from terrorizing the town and instead getting the to attack their leader. The Minotaur tried to fight back but after a good twenty or so zomponies had climbed onto him he couldn't fight back as they took him apart quite literally.

With the Minotaur no longer a threat Isaac was carried off to the hospital in town where his leg was put into cast to heal over a long period of time, but thanks to modern magical medicine it only took a month before Isaac was released, and the first thing he did when he got out was go out to dinner with Luca where she finally told him how she felt which surprised Isaac but he didn't turn her away but rather agreed to give it a try. Flim and Flam would often visit him in the hospital to thank him for not only helping them out of being blamed for the evil that was occurring but for also saving Flam which Isaac just waved off as doing what he had too.

The brothers feeling that they owed Isaac offered to join him on his adventure since they could not only smooth talk their way into better prices for things but also build quite a few inventions as they talked about one they created that made cider much fast than any pony could. Thinking over their offer Isaac eventually agreed to it and after that they stuck with Isaac creating some of the simpler things Isaac remembered from his worlds history such as a crossbow which Isaac continued to use since they made it for him.

***Back to now***

The brothers continued into the cave completely unaware of what was being said around them as they trudged along thinking back to that day. If Isaac hadn't shown up when he did they surely wouldn't be standing here and he didn't turn them away after so many others had done before. Knowing that Isaac was in great peril Flam whispered to himself,

"You saved me, it's only right if I save you"

Author's Note:

I realized that these two have had almost no lines this entire story, and now I felt bad because this was how they met Isaac and I had a big Idea for them originally but I forgot it so they're just kind of there now. Anyway enough of that enjoy the chapter.

Ps. sorry this took so longer distractions everywhere.