• Published 6th Jul 2015
  • 2,309 Views, 99 Comments

The Reject Chronicles - Darth Pestilence



All Mason, Robert, and John wanted to do was have fun at a convention. That's all they wanted! But when they purchased items from a mysterious being they are sent to a foreign world. And thus, the adventure of a lifetime began. (Now cancelled)

  • ...
14
 99
 2,309

First Impressions (EDITED)

John raised an eyebrow in confusion at Robert's words. "Equestria? Where the heck is Equestria? It's not a place I've ever heard of."

"Yeah, and what was up with the moon and the stars? Would you mind explaining?" Mason asked.

"Well." Robert hesitated before saying, "Equestria...is a country. A country that exists in *sigh* My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic."

Mason and John stared at Robert for a few moments, not saying a word...and then they both burst out laughing. "My Little Pony?! You actually watch that? HAHAHA!"

Robert's face turned beet red. "Stop laughing at me! It's a good show!"

"Whatever you say buddy. Hahahaha!" Mason said, wiping a few tears from his eyes. They both continued to laugh for a little longer while Robert stood there scowling at them.

"Are you two done yet?" He asked.

They stopped laughing and straightened themselves up. "Sorry about that, we shouldn't have laughed at you. Everyone is entitled to their *snicker* own opinions," John said.

"Yeah, but you do know that we can't be in Eqestra-" Mason started before being cut off by Robert.

"Equestria."

"Whatever. We can't be there. It's a TV show, it doesn't exist."

"I know, I find it hard to believe myself, but it would explain what just happened with the moon and stars."

"Oh really?" John said. "Enlighten us."

"Well in the season one premier, a unicorn named Twilight Sparkle-"

"Twilight Sparkle? Is that seriously that unicorn's name? Her parents must have hated her." Mason interrupted with a laugh.

Robert frowned at him and said, "No, i'm pretty sure they didn't. Just a heads up, the ponies' names are not like the ones us humans have. Anyway, Twilight discovers a prophesy about the return of Nightmare Moon and-"

"Nightmare Moon? Who's that?" Mason interrupted again.

"I'll get to that, and please stop cutting me off. Nightmare Moon is the evil version of Princess Luna. 1000 years ago there were two alicorn sisters that ruled Equestria, Princess Luna and Princess Celestia. Celestia raised the sun and ruled over the day, while Luna brought forth the moon and ruled over the night. After awhile, Luna was literally possessed by the jealousy she felt towards her sister, which transformed her into Nightmare Moon. After a short battle between the two, Celestia used the Elements of Harmony to imprison her sister on the moon. And by the way, the Elements of Harmony are six magical artifacts. They are Laughter, Loyalty, Honesty, Generosity, Kindness, and Magic. So Twilight told Celestia that Nightmare Moon was going to come back, and so she sent Twilight to Ponyville to help prepare for the Summer Sun Celebration and some make some friends. And when night fell, what we just saw happen with the moon and stars happened, which means that Nightmare Moon is back. Any questions?"

Mason and John stayed completely silent for a few moments, before John said, "Ponyville? Seriously?"

Robert gave him an 'Are you serious?' look before answering with, "You think that's bad? Wait till you hear the names of the other cities. They are all bad horse puns."

"Really?" John said curiously. "Can you tell me some of them?"

"As much as I would like to hear Robert list the names of a bunch of fictional cities, I really think we should focus on getting out of these woods." Mason said before either John or Robert could speak again. Mason started walking to the edge of the clearing, with John and Robert following close behind. As they walked out of the clearing and into the trees, John noticed a large bulge in one of his pockets.

"Hey Mason, what's that in your pocket?" he asked.

Mason looked down at his pocket with a questioning look. "Oh yeah, I forgot that this was even here. I wonder what it is..." he said to himself. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a replica of Freddy Kreuger's bladed glove. "Oh yeah, I bought this from the merchant's stall. But it's different now."

"What do you mean?" John asked.

"The blades on this are real. They were plastic when I bought it."

"Hey guys! I've got something in my pocket too." Robert said from behind them.

They turned to look at him just as he pulled a batarang out of his pocket.

"A batarang?" John asked.

"Yeah, I bought this at the convention. But now that I take a closer look it, this thing is sharp! Almost like the real thing, it could probably take someone's eye out if i'm not careful." Robert then pocketed the batarang and turned to John. "Let's keep moving guys, this forest freaks me out. And i'll be even more scared if we're in the forest that I think we're in."

John decided to humor him. "Oh? And what forest do you think we're in?"

"The Everfree forest," Robert answered.

"Everfree? That doesn't sound too bad."

"It doesn't sound bad, but the creatures that live in it are."

"What kind of creatures live in it?"

"Hydras, manticores, cockatrices, and timberwolves."

"Timberwolves? What are-"

"Woah!" Mason yelled as he tripped over something in front of them.

"Are you okay Mason?" John asked as he and Robert rushed over to help him up.

"Yeah, I'm fine. But what did I trip on?" Mason looked to his feet. "Is that a backpack?"

'Backpack?' John thought. He went over and picked it up. "This is my backpack!" He said in surprise after examining it. "I had it with me at Comicon, but why is it out here?"

"The person who kidnapped us must have dropped it when he brought us here." Mason said. John nodded in agreement and opened his backpack.

"Alright guys, I left my cellphone in here. I'll use it to call for...help?" He looked at what was inside with confusion. His cellphone, wallet, and car keys were gone. Instead, there was only one thing inside: A duplicate of Harry Potter's invisibility cloak that he had purchased at the merchant's merchandise booth.

"It's not in there, is it?" asked Robert in an almost knowing voice.

"No, it's not," John responded.

"Well what is in there?" Mason asked.

"Just a replica of the invisibility cloak from Harry Potter, it's the item that I bought from the merchant," John said, while taking it out of the bag to put it on.

"Why are you taking that cloak out?" Robert asked.

"Because it's slightly chilly out here," John answered.

"Oh okay," Robert said, nodding in understanding. He put the cloak on and wrapped it around his body. He looked up to see Robert gaping at him in disbelief.

"Mason! Look at John! Look at him now!" Robert said in a voice that sounded like a mixture of shock and excitement. Mason turned to look at the older man, his face donning a look of shock as he looked him over.

"What's wrong?" John asked. "Why are you staring at me?"

Mason pointed a shaky finger at him. "Y-your body."

He looked down at his body and let out a gasp at what he saw, or rather at what he didn't see. His body had completely vanished, along with his cloak. He tore the article of clothing off and let out a sigh of relief, his body was completely fine.

"Do you know what this means?" Robert said, drawing their attention. "These things we bought were fake when we first got them, right? Well now they've turned into their fictional counterparts, it must be because of the planet's magic or something."

"Magic? Are you still going on about us being in Eqesta-" Mason started before being interrupted by Robert.

"Equestria."

"I don't care what it's called! We're not there! It's not a real place!" Mason shouted.

"You know, I hope you're right," Robert sad with a sad smile.

"Really?" John asked in confusion. "I thought you were hoping that that's where we are."

"You thought I was hoping that we're in Equestria? Did you not see me panicking when I figured out what was going on with the moon and stars? I like the show just as much as next brony, but I don't want to live it. My mom and brother are probably really worried right now, so I'm really hoping that we're still on earth. I just think that it's very likely that we are in Equestria from what I've seen so far. And I think what just happened with the cloak makes my theory a bit more likely."

John and Mason looked at each other for a few seconds, before Mason said, "No, there must be some logical explanation for all of this. I refuse to believe that we're on another world."

"Whatever you say," Robert said with a shrug. It was then that they heard an ear splitting roar, accompanied by voices not far from them, startling the group of three.

"W-what the heck was that?!" John stuttered.

"Well," Robert said while trying to slow down his breathing, "it looks like the Mane six have gotten to the manticore already."

"What?" Mason asked while simultaneously backing up from the direction that the roar came from.

"During part 2 of the season one premier, the six main characters encounter a manticore while searching for the Elements of Harmony in the Everfree forest. After a brief battle, Fluttershy uses the power of her kindness to calm it down," Robert explained.

"Fluttershy?" Mason repeated.

"Yeah, the names of the main characters are as follows: Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash. You'll probably be able to figure out which is which when we see them," said Robert.

"When we see them?" John asked.

Robert opened his mouth to answer, but was cut off by a feminine voice shouting, "WAIT!" Followed shortly after by another roar.

"Well, looks like the manticore is all taken care of. Now, let's all get under the invisibility cloak," Robert said, picking the magical article of clothing off the ground.

"What? Why?" Mason asked.

"Because, the manticore might be heading this way, and I don't want it to see us if it does."

"Good point." They all huddled together under the invisibility cloak. Sure enough, the large mythical beast bounded by right after they got under.

"Believe me now?" Robert whispered after it had passed. Before either Mason or John could answer, six figures stepped into their line of sight. John and Masons' jaws dropped as they looked at the six, pastel colored, talking ponies.

"Told you." Robert whispered smugly. "Equestria."


The group of ponies continued their trek through the Everfree forest. They had just gotten past a manticore by using the power of kindness.

"I'm learning so much about friendship from these girls. Maybe the princess was right about making friends," Twilight thought.

"That manticore was such a sweetie, wasn't he?" Fluttershy said while trying to re-adjust her mane.

"Yes, I suppose you could say that." Twilight said in response, the other girls chorusing their own answers to Fluttershy's question. Suddenly, Pinkie froze in her tracks.

"Guys, my Pinkie sense is acting up!" Pinkie yelled. Twilight raised an eyebrow, while the other four looked at Pinkie with a bit of fear.

"And what's it telling you?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"I dunno! This is a new one. Twitchy tail, itchy nose, rumbling tummy!"

"Pinkie sense?" Twilight asked skeptically.

"Yeah, it's something that tells me when something is going to happen before it happens. Anyway, I think it's telling me...that something is hiding from us! Right there!" she said, pointing at a patch of grass not far from where they stood. The girls took defensive positions while Twilight watched in disbelief.

"You actually believe her?" the purple unicorn asked.

"Ah'm tellin ya Twilight, we've come to learn that the Pinkie sense is real over the years that we've been in Ponyville," Applejack said.

"Maybe they aren't so smart after all." She thought. "There's nothing there. Look," Twilight picked up a rock with her magic, "I'll throw a rock at it, and I'll prove that there's nothing to worry about." She threw the rock as hard as she could at the patch of grass. "See? Nothing-"

"OUCH!"

Twilight watched in shock as some sort of illusion dissipated to reveal three creatures that she had never seen before.

Mason and Robert stared at the ponies, while John clutched his right foot in pain.

They stared at each other in silence until Robert decided to break the silence. "Um, hi?"

Author's Note:

Well this isn't going to end well. :derpyderp2: