• Published 6th Jul 2015
  • 2,308 Views, 99 Comments

The Reject Chronicles - Darth Pestilence



All Mason, Robert, and John wanted to do was have fun at a convention. That's all they wanted! But when they purchased items from a mysterious being they are sent to a foreign world. And thus, the adventure of a lifetime began. (Now cancelled)

  • ...
14
 99
 2,308

It begins (EDITED)

Part 1: Introduction Arc


"This place is amazing! Don't you think boys?" Angela said enthusiastically as she looked around at the interior of the convention center.

Robert looked around. "I can't deny that this place looks incredible. Being the comic lover that I am, this place could be considered my version of heaven on earth," he said. It would have been even better if I was wearing a costume. Robert thought.

Robert was supposed to be cosplaying as Batman, but the costume he ordered never arrived due to an error at the post office. They weren't able to buy another costume somewhere, because they had to leave for the convention center by the time they figured out it wasn't coming. Which is why he was wearing blue jeans and a white t-shirt instead of a costume.

"Where should we go first? There's tons of stuff to do here," said Thomas, Robert's 12 year old brother. Thomas was wearing a very accurate New 52 Captain Marvel costume.

"Well we could go down to the merchandise stalls and look around at what they're selling. Who knows, we could find a lasso of truth to go with your Wonder Woman costume," Robert said, looking over at his mother.

She smiled and said, "Sure honey, let's go take a look." Robert flushed red with embarrassment at the word "honey."

They walked past the various stalls, examining the wares and occasionally talking to some of the other people attending. After awhile, Robert noticed something missing from his brother's costume.

"Um, Thomas? You do realize that your cape is missing, right?"

He looked at himself and groaned. "Dang it. I must have left the cape at home, or in the hotel."

"Don't worry about it bro, you don't need a cape to have fun. You can always go without it," said Robert. It was then that he noticed a stall behind Thomas that was selling all sorts of stuff. One of them just so happening to be a white cape. He grinned before looking back to his brother. "Or you could always replace it," Robert pointed to the booth. Thomas looked in the direction of where Robert was pointing, smiling when he saw the cape.

"Mom? Can I get that cape?" Thomas asked.

"As long as it's not too expensive," Mom replied.

Thomas nodded and walked over to the booth, his two family members following close behind. They passed a few costumed convention goers and stopped in front of the booth.

A man dressed up as the merchant from Resident Evil 4; presumably the man who ran the booth, walked up to them and said, "Hello there. What would you like to purchase?"

As Thomas and Angela went through the process of buying the surprisingly cheap cape, Robert looked at all of the merchandise that was on sale. All of them were in very good condition, and looked identical to the things they were based on. A batarang, a lightsaber, a replica of the tesseract, some fake guns, and an Omnitrix were some of the items on display. The teenager looked over the things on sale before deciding on buying the fake batarang.

He looked over to see the merchant had finished selling the cape, and a lasso that Angela bought to go with her costume. "Hey! Can you come here for a second?" he asked the merchant.

He looked from his other two customers. "Yes? Is there something you would like to buy?"

"How much for the batarang?"

"Twenty dollars."

Robert raised an eyebrow. "That's a pretty nice deal, I'll take it." Robert gave him the twenty dollars he asked for, and then collected the prop. He pocketed the batarang and looked over to where his two relatives had been standing, only to find them gone. He turned back to the merchant.

"Excuse me, sir? Do you know where my mom and brother went?"

"Oh, they're...gone."

Robert gave him a confused look. "Gone? What do you mean by-" He suddenly felt very lightheaded. His knees gave out as he fell to the floor.

"Have fun," Robert heard him say before everything went black.


Mason's consciousness returned to him, his eyes fluttered open.

'Where am I?' He definitely knew he was no longer at Comicon, considering his surroundings were a dark forest. 'At least the night sky looks nice. The moon also looks nice and bright. ...Wait, are those four stars moving closer to the moon?' He stared at the sky a minute before shaking his head. 'No, that's impossible. I must still be partially asleep.'

He sat up and looked around. He concluded that he was in a forest clearing with two other unconscious people lying in the grass beside him, with something large in his pocket. 'Wait! Hold up! Two unconscious people lying in the grass beside me?!'

Mason scrambled to his feet and examined the two.

One of them looked a bit older than him. He was completely bald, had tannish skin, and wore blue jeans and a black shirt. The other one looked to be in his early teens. He had slightly messy brown hair, pale skin, and wore blue jeans and a white t-shirt.

'Who are these guys? And why are they with me in this forest? Have we been kidnapped?' Many questions ran through Mason's head as stood there, staring at the two of them. He stayed like this for several minutes before being was ripped from his thoughts by the sound of groaning. He turned his head to look at the older man, who was just now waking up. The man stood up, rubbing his eyes as he did so, and looked around.

"Where the am I?" John's eyes fell on Mason; he drew back, startled by the other man's presence. "You! Where am I? How did I get here?"

He backed up from the confused man before answering. "Sorry buddy, but I don't know the answer to either of your questions. I'm just as confused as you are, we just need to calm down."

John stared at Mason for a few moments before relaxing. "Alright then. I'll trust you." He looked over to the unconscious teenager. "Who's that boy? You know him?"

Mason looked down at his unconscious body. "No. I've never seen him before. He was here when I woke up."

"I hope he's alright," said John.

"Yeah, me too," Mason replied. "Maybe we should try to wake him up." He walked over to him and got on his knees. "Hey kid, wake up." He shook him a few times as he said this. The boy groaned and opened his eyes.

Robert groaned as he was ripped from his slumber by an unknown voice. He opened his eyes and saw a man who looked to be about 17 or 18 years old; with a long sleeve red shirt, blue jeans, pale skin, and short black hair. He looked at his surroundings, wondering how he got to this strange forest.

"Where am I?" Robert asked Mason.

"I'd answer that if I could," He replied, holding out his hand. Robert grabbed onto it, letting Mason help him to his feet. The teen looked behind the young adult and noticed a man that looked to be around 21 years old standing there. "Do you know him?" He asked Mason.

He turned to John and said, "We just met, he and I woke up just before you did."

John walked over to him and smiled. "Hi, my name is John. How're you doing? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Robert said. So do you have any idea where we are or how we got here?"

"Not really, the last thing I remember was buying a souvenir from some guy dressed up as a merchant," John said.

"Really?" Robert said, "Was he dressed as the merchant from Resident Evil 4?"

Surprised, John asked, "Yes, how did you know?"

"Because," Robert responded, "I bought something from a guy like that at Comicon too."

"And so did I," Mason added.

"So we all bought something from a guy at Comicon, and now we're in some random forest clearing with no idea to how we got here or where we are. Do you think it's all related?" Robert asked.

"It's too convenient not to be, this is no coincidence. I'm guessing that the guy who sold us that stuff knocked us out and brought us here," Mason theorized.

"But how could he have abducted us in broad daylight, surrounded by thousands of convention goers?" John asked.

"Beats me, but it's the best idea I have at the moment," Mason responded.

"Okay, now that you're done talking, I need something to call you. John gave me his name, but I don't know yours," Robert told Mason.

"Oh! I completely forgot to introduce myself. My name is Mason."

"Nice to meet you Mason, my name is Robert."

"Well now that we have introductions out of the way, let's get out of here before whoever brought us here comes back," Mason said. John and Robert nodded, and then all three of them began walking to the edge of the clearing. That's when Robert noticed something odd.

"Um, guys? Does everything look more colorful than usual?" he asked.

"What do you mean Robert?" John asked.

"Don't you think this place looks a bit cartoony? It looks like something from a story book, or a kid's show."

John looked around again, before saying, "Now that you mention it, everything does look different."

"Yeah, it almost pastel colored." Mason added.

Robert looked closely at one of the trees. 'This art style, I feel like I've seen it somewhere before.'

"Well that's not the only strange thing here, check out the moon." Mason said.

They looked up at the moon, surprised at what they saw. The moon's craters formed the image of a unicorn's head on the surface. Not to mention that four stars appeared to be moving closer to it.

'I've seen this before,' Robert thought. Then it hit him. His eyes widened in shock. It all made sense now. The cartoonish appearance of everything, the moving stars, the image on the moon, and even the fact that they didn't remember how they got to these woods. "Oh no."

"What is it?" Mason asked, but Robert wasn't paying attention to him.

"Oh no oh no oh no oh no!"

"Robert, what's wrong?" John asked with concern evident in his voice.

"Please tell me we're not where I think we are. PLEASE tell me that we're not where I think we are!" Robert continued to panic.

"Robert! Tell us what's wrong!" Mason yelled.

He pointed at the moon, the other two looked up just in time to see the four stars merge with the moon. The moon briefly flashed white; and when it turned back to normal, the image of the unicorn's head was gone.

"Woah! What the heck just happened?!" Mason exclaimed.

John turned to the youngest of the three. "Robert, you know what's going on, don't you?" They both looked at him, waiting for an answer.

He simply looked at them and said, "Hang on to your butts gentlemen, because I think we're in Equestria."

Author's Note:

And that's it for the first chapter. Tell me in the comments what you liked about it and what changes I should make. This may be my first story, but don't go easy on me, I love criticism. See ya next chapter!:twilightsmile:

See if you can spot the reference.