• Published 25th Sep 2012
  • 2,281 Views, 84 Comments

Pinkamena 7: Rehabilitation - Pinkamena666



The Grand Finale to the Pinkamena Series!

  • ...
11
 84
 2,281

A Royal Visit

There was a knock on the front door. Dawn set her magazine down on the floor and got up.

"Coming!" yelled Dawn, not really sure who it could be. She gripped the doorknob in her magic and opened it, letting out a gasp and immediately bowing.

"P-P-Princess Celestia..." stammered the mare.

The princess was accompanied by two royal guards.

"Rise, Dawn," said the princess.

Dawn got up and looked at at Celestia. "Not to sound rude, but... why are you here?"

"May I come in?" asked Celestia.

Dawn quickly nodded and stepped to the side. "Of course, princess."

Celestia smiled as she stepped in. She looked over her shoulder and shook her head, signaling the guards to stay outside. She closed the door behind her.

"Thank you, Dawn."

"Any time," said the mare. "What's this all about?"

"I am sure you are aware of a little visit earlier from one of my guards?"

"Y-Yes..." stammered Dawn. "But, we've already said it wasn't her."

"I understand how hard this must be for you... and especially May... but if Equestria is in danger, it is my duty to take action. You understand this, right?"

Dawn nodded hesitantly. "Yeah... I know... So, what are you here for?"

"I simply would like to talk with her."

"Pinkie?" asked Dawn. Celestia smiled. "Um... S-Sure... Let me go... get her..." she said, backing up slightly before turning and heading down the hallway.

She went into the kitchen where the other two were.

"Who is it?" asked May, sitting next to Pinkamena at the kitchen table.

"It's, uh... Celestia..."

Pinkamena suddenly stopped all movement and slowly looked up at Dawn.

"C-Celestia?" she asked. "B-But... I didn't do anyth--"

"She only wants to talk," interrupted Dawn.

"T... Talk?"

"Yeah. Talk."

Pinkamena looked at May, who gave her a kiss. "Just relax. If it wasn't you, you have nothing to worry about."

"I-If?"

"Okay. Poor choice of words," said May. "Just relax."

The pink mare nodded and took a deep breath before leaving the kitchen. She entered the living room and stood in front of Celestia. She hesitated before bowing.

"Celestia... I-I wasn't expecting you..."

The white alicorn placed a hoof on Pinkamena's shoulder. "How have you been?"

Pinkamena looked up at her. "Good... Better."

"May helping you?"

Pinks nodded, smiling. "She's the best."

Celestia smiled. "That's good to hear."

Pinkamena stood. "So... I assume you're hear because of the... murder?"

The princess nodded. "Given your history, I'd be expected to check on you."

"I understand," said the pink mare. "I just... would like to thank you for... giving me a second chance... even after everything I did."

"Well, you... seemed to have changed."

"I have," said Pinkamena. "I'm just... filled with so much regret, I could just... die..."

''Well... I just hope that what you say is true and that it wasn't you. You were always a favorite of mine, Pinkie. Always ready to make somepony laugh and smile. You always put others ahead of yourself and never asked for anything in return. You were a true friend to every pony. I just hope one day you can remember how to laugh and smile."

Pinkamena smiled and hugged her. "Thank you so much, princess."

Celestia smiled and put a hoof around her. "You're welcome, Pinkie."


Celestia left the house and closed the door.

"So, did she do it?" asked one of the guards.

The princess eyed him. "Still uncertain, but... I don't think she did it."

"What shall we do?" asked the other guard.

"Keep an eye on her. I really want to believe she's innocent, but... I can't make a decision without more evidence."

"We understand, your highness," said the first guard. "We'll stick around and keep an eye out."

Celestia nodded. "Thank you. When your shift is over, return to the castle. Let your replacements know the plan."

The guards nodded and the princess took off back to the castle.


Pinkamena sat down on the couch in the living room and sighed. She reached down and picked up the magazine that DAwn was reading and opened it. May and Dawn sat down on either side of her.

"How was it?" asked May.

Pinkamena smiled. "She trusts me..."

May and Dawn looked at each other, not sure what to think.

"Well, that's good," said Dawn. "At least she trusts you."

Pinkamena smiled and handed her the magazine. "Yeah. It is, isn't it?"

She got up and walked to the window, letting out a sigh of relief.

"I feel really good," said the pink mare, closing her eyes.

"Well..." said May. "Happy to hear it, baby."

Pinkamena opened her eyes and caught a glimpse of a Royal Guard walking around outside. She let out a sigh and turned from the window, letting out a yawn.

"I'm gonna take a quick nap," said the pink mare, leaving the living room and heading upstairs.

May and Dawn looked at each other, a little worried. May trotted up the window and looked out, seeing the guard.

"What is it?" asked Dawn.

"A Royal Guard," answered May. She turned to Dawn. "Do you think Pinkie saw him?"

Dawn didn't know what to say, but her thoughts weren't very good at all.