• Published 2nd Jul 2015
  • 1,051 Views, 30 Comments

Surviving Secrets - Aetaes Wolf



A demon and a changeling that has been banished from his hive get caught up in the changeling invasion in Canterolt. Their fateful meeting is one neither of them is sure to forget.

  • ...
2
 30
 1,051

Preparing

“So I will see you both at the wedding?” Eclipse asks, looking to the two, now disguised changelings.

Crevdar opens his mouth to respond, but gets cut off by Pinkie glomping him, answering for him as she does. “Of course they are! And all of us are going to help them get ready!”

Crevdar sighs, giving a small smile. “We don’t have a choice in this, do we?”

The group was currently standing just outside the castle, on the steps, Cadance having gone with them. A whole of bunch questions were fired at Crevdar and Fang, whom answered as best they could. One question among them was “Why didn’t the magic shield affect them?” Crevdar had answered, “It keeps out threats only, since Fang and I aren’t threats, it had no effect on us.”

While most of the Element bearers were wary of the two changelings, Pinkie was delighted at finding out her friend could shape-shift, and had started planning a wide array of pranks. Honestly, Crevdar will never understand that pony.

Twilight had tried asking Eclipse why the changelings kept calling her a demon. Eclipse had simply smiled, telling her that such information would be better received after the wedding.

Eclipse smiles giving a nod. “I believe my sister will be helping me get ready.”

Twilight nods, giving a smile. “We’ll see you at the wedding!”

The group waves, walking, or, in Pinkie’s case, bouncing away. Eclipse waved back to them, watching them walk off. “So...” Eclipse turn to Cadance when she starts to speak, both walking back into the castle. “You’ve taken an interest in one of the changelings, I see.”

Eclipse perks a brow. Did she just get called out on a crush? By her sister of all ponies? Eclipse rolls her eyes, quickening her pace. “My love life serves no purpose for you.”

Cadance smirks. “Oh, you just told me everything.

“I highly doubt that I did.”

“So tell me, how did this start?~”

Eclipse groans, knowing there was no way out of this. “It happened during the invasion...”


“And we parted ways after that, and then met up again when we ran into you.” Crevdar finished explaining, everypony and everyling having his full attention after Twilight had called him out on his crush on Eclipse, the group currently sitting in Twilight's room.

“Wait, she kissed you?!” Fang exclaims, his eyes wide.

Crevdar rolls his eyes. “Only on the cheek, but... yeah...” He can feel a light blush rising to his face.

Twilight thinks for a moment. “I can explain why you felt that warm feeling when she did that.” Crevdar looks to her, having now gained his full attention. “The first reason is yeah, she did cast a spell on you. I remember she told me she can cast a protection spell on anypony if she kisses them, even if was just a quick peck on the cheek, though she rarely cast the spell this way, making you special. But the other reason...” She smirks. “I think you love her.”


“WHAT?!” Eclipse exclaims, looking to Cadence with disbelief.

“You love him.” Cadance repeats, smiling to her sister.

Eclipse shakes her head, willing the growing blush on her face away as she frantically waves her hooves in front of her. “NO! Nonononono! We just met, I couldn’t possibly-”

Cadance puts a hoof on Eclipse’s shoulder, making her snap her mouth shut. “You know I can spot love from a mile away. And from what I’ve seen of your interactions, you both care a lot for each other. I think you two would be well together, as long as you can keep a steady relationship.”

“B-but, I just met him! Surely a pony cannot fall in love that fast!”

“Love at first sight can happen, as it has happened. I’m surprised it happened to you, I thought you would have waited until you got know the pony, or in this case changeling, before falling for him.”

Eclipse thinks for a moment, looking out the window of her bedroom to the garden below. After a moment, she sighs, currently hating the fact that Cadance is one of the few ponies who can read her like an open book. “What should I do?”


“Talk to her, duuuh!” Pinkie states as if it was the most obvious thing in the world while rolling her eyes.

“Talk to her?” Crevdar repeats, earning a nod from the group of ponies. “Talk to her about what?”

“Your interests, your likes and dislikes would be a good start.” Fluttershy responds.

“Talking? Just... talking?”

“Well you have to get to know her, darling.” Rarity interjects, using her magic to run a brush through Crevdar’s mane, much to his annoyance. “Talk about your hobbies, what you do for a living.”

“Ya also gotta make time for you two to be together.” Applejack adds. “Find ways for you to get to know each other!”


“Time, alright...” Eclipse mumbles as Cadance runs a brush through her mane. “Anything else?”

“Just a few things. You need to be kind, which shouldn’t be too hard to do...”


“Be loving...”

“Be compassionate...”

“Be ready...”

“Be willing...”

“Remember to listen...”

“And remember one...”

“Last...”

“Important...”

“Thing.”

“What?”

“He/She loves you, too.”