• Published 2nd Jul 2015
  • 1,052 Views, 30 Comments

Surviving Secrets - Aetaes Wolf



A demon and a changeling that has been banished from his hive get caught up in the changeling invasion in Canterolt. Their fateful meeting is one neither of them is sure to forget.

  • ...
2
 30
 1,052

Home

The walk through Ponyville was silent; nopony speaking after what Eclipse had shown them. Eclipse was silent as well, the pain of her memories taking its toll on her.

Once nearing the library, Rarity was the first one to break the silence. “You were a Princess?”

Eclipse chuckles lightly. “I still am, Miss Rarity. I am a Demon Princess of Shadows. But I am also a Princess of Equestria. After all, Cadance is my sister, thus making Celestia and Luna my aunts.”

The group stops in front of the library, Twilight looking to Eclipse, her ears flat against her head. “Eclipse, I’m so sorry. I didn’t realize-”

Eclipse simply smiles. “How could you? T’was by Celestia’s own orders that I kept this information from you.” She lets out a breath. “I have lived long past my time, and seen so much death, so much suffering...” She sighs, giving a light smile. “But here, now, I can finally see all the light, all the good that was stolen from me.”

Twilight hugs Eclipse, the black unicorn quick to return her embrace. The soon part, Fluttershy speaking up. “So... where are you going to stay?”

Eclipse blinks. “I... never really thought of that. I suppose I was going to see if I could find somewhere around here where I could stay. I believe my travels are finished.”

“You could... stay with me... i-if you want...” Crevdar states, blushing slightly.

Eclipse smiles, walking over to him and nuzzling him lightly. “I would like that.”

Twilight gives a small smile, looking over to Fang. “Fang, you could stay with me and Spike in the library until we’re able to find you your own place to live.”

Fang blinks. “R-really? T-thank you!”

Twilight grins. “It’s no problem! Besides, it’ll give me a chance to study changelings more closely!”

“Well, I think it’s time we all go and get some rest.” Eclipse states, earning a nod from the ponies around her.

Each pony gave their goodbyes before going in their separate directions, Eclipse following Crevdar to their home. Crevdar smiles lightly. “You know, I’m kind of glad the invasion happened.”

Eclipse blinks, looking to the disguised changeling. “Why?”

“Because if it hadn’t, I would never have met you.”

Eclipse smiles sweetly at the response, giving Crevdar a quick kiss on his cheek, making him blush. “I’m glad it happened, then, too.”

Crevdar smiles, leading the way into the house. The house wasn’t big, just enough for two ponies. Right now, it was all they needed. The two head up the stairs to the master bedroom, getting into the bed and curling up.

Crevdar wraps his hooves around Eclipse’s waist, Eclipse gently resting her head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat. Everything was peaceful, perfect.

“...Do you think everypony knows?”

“Mm? Knows what?”

“That I’m a demon.”

Crevdar smiles, gently nuzzling Eclipse, which she returns. “I don’t think Celestia would allow that information to get out, as long as it’s to protect you.”

“Like how she didn’t say anything about you be a changeling?”

“Just like that.”


Eclipse smiles, lightly pecking Crevdar’s nose. “...Thank you.”

Crevdar blushes, though gives a small smile, lightly kissing the top of her head. “You’re welcome.”

As the two drift off to sleep, they can’t help but think back on the days leading up to now. Both thankful that they were able to meet, and both eagerly looking forward to whatever the future held in store for them.

Author's Note:

And here marks the end of the story! Thank you everyone for your support, and I hope you enjoyed it!