• Published 1st Jul 2015
  • 622 Views, 2 Comments

Candylis. - storiesatrandom



After Shining's exhuasting day, he goes him to a "little" surprise.

  • ...
 2
 622

The story

Under the warm, glimmering gaze of the glorious crystal empire, The crystal buildings gave an almost crimson glow to accommodate the change of light, making it shine even more beautifully. The crystal ponies also gave off a similar glow, but only faintly in comparison to the way the light hit the glass in the afternoon sun.

Shining Armor was returning home after a long, rigorous day of training with the Royal Guard.The weight of a thousands suns sat in the pit of his stomach as he slowly trudged towards the palace. "I can't believe the guard just becomes more incompetent with each passing day! One of these days, I'll petition to Celestia to have Commander Spear Point demoted from his position and plead that she give that position to somepony who is more suited for the role of a leader. Somepony who can lead the guard in a more orderly fashion, somepony like me.”
Shining Armor scowled at the fact he had to take orders from that macho bravado idiot. Recently, the commander had tried to use his idiotic but good natured nephew Flash Sentry to woe Twilight into becoming straight, and it almost worked until one day when Twilight admitted that she, to put it delicately preferred to be in the company of Celestia. It broke the poor stallion’s heart and drove him to tears, prompting the commander to force Princess Celestia to arrange a marriage between Twilight and Flash, but Celestia promptly refused, knowing Spear Point was homophobic.

"My sister has the right to love whoever she pleases to., Regardless of race, gender or social standing." Shining thought to himself. "Besides, she has already apologised to Flash Sentry and now the pair have become good friends. But does Commander Spear Point respect that? No, he certainly does not!"

Shining Armor began growling almost like a creature at the thought that Spear Point would never stop. But then he calmed down and knew that Spear Point wasn’t exactly popular with the Princesses themselves or with the guard main leaders. He knew his petition plan would come through almost unanimously, and Spear Point will no longer be grand commander, hopefully in time to stop a new plan to turn Twilight into a straight by force!

Shining grumbled at the idea of Twilight being forced to love somepony that she would only ever see as a friend. But he hoped that time with Princess Cadence would ease his troubled mind. After all, that is what she did best; being an Alicorn of love after all.
Shining entered the castle but instead of the usual, warm reception that came upon his return, there was only the still quietness that filled the empty halls and corridors."Huh. I guess Cadence gave the palace staff and guard the day off.” Normally, giving the guard the day off is risky, but since nopony had any intentions of bringing harm to Princess Cadence, Shining Armor felt reassured that the princess’s safety was in capable hooves.He walked down the hall looking for Cadence he felt an eerie chill down his spine.
"This feels cold...almost, Chrysalis cold." Shining said.

As Shining continued to follow the long, winding corridors his stomach churned as beads of sweat began to form on his forehead. To the stallion’s horror he noticed a trail of a green sludge that led up to the throne room door. Vaguely similar to that of what was created by the Changelings when they invaded Canterlot. Shining knew this because he took the time to study about Changelings and their habits. It was a fascinating read and knew that Changelings are really a misunderstood race lead by an unruly dictatorship that is the likes of Chrysalis, especially since that there was once a rightful Changeling Queen that mysteriously disappeared just days before the great pony/changeling conflict began years ago... Almost conveniently when Celestia mysteriously brought over Candence from an orphanage.
Regardless, it seemed to be trouble. Shining doesn’t like to be quick to assumtions, cause every good guard knows that can just get you into an easy loss in battle, but the slime undeniably belongs to that of Chrysalis, meaning that she was at it again, and decided to teach her a lesson for good!

Taking a few steps backwards, his eyes locked onto the two brass door handles and the small gap between them. Rearing his hooves, he waited a moment before he began to charge at throne room doors, bracing himself for the impact.
As Shining Armour bursted into the room, he noticed that a slender, black figure standing near the centre of the room. Unsure of the creature’s

"Alright, whoever you are, changeling queen or just another pawn in some game I command you as a Knight of the Royal Guard, to leave at once!” Shining exclaimed.

The changeling turned to face the stallion, her cheeks turned crimson as she took in the pony’s aggressive battle stance. Her eyes widened as she stood there, her body began to shake violently.

"Shining?” she called out to the stallion. “Wait. This, isn't at all what it looks like!" the changeling pleaded.
"Cadence?" Shining asked aloud.

The changeling sighed and the stallion watched as the creature transformed, a veil of darkness covering the changeling’s body as it changed. Standing before him once more was the warm, familiar face of his loving wife.

"Shining Armor," Cadence said sadly, "I am sorry you had to find me like this. You see, I was the once the rightful heir of the Changeling hive that Chrysalis took over. When Celestia found me, she took me under her wing and raised me so that someday, I could fulfill my destiny as a princess of Equestria.” she explained as she slowly made her way over to her husband. . “She knows my true identity and knew about Chrysalis well before her invasion of Canterlot on our wedding day. She had once again tried to take what belongs rightfully to me.

Thankfully, they were defeated by the special bond that you and I share, that magical bond of love. I truly am sorry that you were never told this, but in order to maintain the safety and protection of Equestria, I had to keep it a secret.”"

"But, why would you lie about who you truly were? If you were honest and upfront with me about this, then maybe we could have defeated Chrysalis long ago!l" Shining replied as he tried to process everything that had just being said.

"Chrysalis had grown too powerful at the time, Even in her weakened state, she's still won't be easily quelled. That's why I as the "Alicorn of Love", I am allowed to become stronger than she ever could be. As to lead the changelings onto the path that will guide them to fulfill their true purpose. To spread love, not hoard it!" Cadence explained.

"Love does empower us, but we are suppose to use that power by sharing it with other ponies and make them happy. Unfortunately, Chrysalis was so corrupted by the idea of becoming powerful, that she even managed to force the same ideals on so many changelings that they had become festering beasts that thrived on the love found in ponies all across Equestria.” Cadence said, as she met eyes with Shining who just took all this in without so much as a murmur in response.

“She even managed to overthrow the throne, thus harming not only me but also what was a thriving civilization. Celestia took me under her wing and helped me regain my strength by being around you and Twilight. Receiving love, and learning to spread it as well."
A single tear, ran its course down the stallion’s face as he smiled at the mare’s sincere words. But he frowned again.
"So, all the times we had, they weren't actually real then, were they?" Shining Armor said sadly.

"It was real, Shining. All of it is real, I cherished both you and Twilight as much as you loved me. That is the true changeling way!” Cadence explained. “Not that love-hoarding nonsense Chrysalis was exploiting! I view her as an idiot, the same way you view Commander Spear Point, they're nothing but a pair of total fools that should have never been allowed into to power.”

“So, what do you plan to do about it then?” Shining Armour asked.

“I plan to liberate my people from her idiocy! But I don't want all of Equestria to know of my scheme. Chrysalis already knows who I am, and will take any advantage to use this against me and the other Princesses.” Cadence said, as she held a hoof to her chin, her eyes scanning the ground in thought. “Shining, promise me you will keep this a secret from everypony, including Twilight. She is less then likely to react well thanks to that barbaric idiot." Cadence said.

Shining hesitated for a moment , but in the end, couldn’t help but give a sincere smile.

"Changeling or not, I'm just glad that you and I have more in common than just being a picture perfect couple that look like storybook characters. That we both have tyrants undeserving of power that need to be defeated at once! You don't like what Chrysalis is doing, and I don't like what Commander Spear Point plans to do! So, how about we work together to resolve both of our problems?" Shining Armour asked.

"Gladly. Our love brought us together. Our similar goals of stopping a tyrannical dictator and an incompetent commander will only bring us closer." Cadence replied embracing the stallion in a hug..

A testament that true love, conquers all.
"Now, uh... " Shining said, "We may wanna clean up the green gunk before ponies get the wrong idea."
"Oh, don't worry," Cadence said, "It's biodegradable by magic. By morning, it will all l be gone."
Cadence and Shining proceeded to return to their bed chambers, it was the start of a new, interesting chapter in their lives.


Fin

Comments ( 2 )

While an interesting concept with Cadance, a lot of the idea in Shining Armor's issues seem majorly flawed. More than half the story seems to focus on the issue with Spear Point, which easily could be pointed out as something that would not be an issue from in-show set-up. It also seems like the entire story is just one massive info-dump with very little actually taking place in it. A lot of narrating what the problem is for Shining Armor and Cadance explaining her own without either really doing much.

6156783 Well it's mainly meant to be explanation into his problems so he and Candence can have a commen goal.

Login or register to comment