• Published 22nd May 2012
  • 9,741 Views, 193 Comments

The New and Reborn Trixie - Yukito



Trixie loses her memories, and begins her new life in Ponyville under the Mane 6's care

  • ...
16
 193
 9,741

The curse of the black cat

Black Cat sighed as he looked through his exam paper, taking in the mistakes highlighted by his teacher, and correcting them accordingly. “I see…Ionic bonding is defined as electrostatic bonding formed by a transfer of electrons…Damnit, why do I even have to know this stuff? I’ve already decided my future career.”

“It’s because everypony expects great things from you.” Black Cat raised his head to see his teacher beginning to leave the classroom. “Head of the Lulamoon family is a hard name to live up to. Anyway, I’m heading out now. Make sure you lock up when you’re finished.”

Black Cat nodded and watched his teacher leave. Finally, when he could no longer hear the footsteps of his teacher, he used his magic to produce a carton of cigarettes from his saddlebag, and walked over towards an empty window. He looked down at all of the students leaving the school, or sticking around to chat to their friends. He pulled out a cigarette and lit it with a small ignition spell. He put this cigarette to his lips and inhaled, then pulled it away and breathed out, emptying his mind as he just enjoyed this nice, quiet moment to himself.

“Those things will kill you, y’know?” Black Cat spun around quickly and saw a filly that he recognised from another class. She was just a little shorter than him, and she had the most beautiful orange coat that he had ever seen, along with a long, bright red mane and tail. She, like everypony else in this school, was a Unicorn. The school was Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns, after all.

“What d’you want? This isn’t your class.” Black Cat said as coldly as he could. The orange filly walked into the classroom and made her way towards one of the desks.

“I think I left one of my notebooks in here…” She explained, searching the desk and pulling out a thin blue notebook. “Found it!” She said cheerfully, before covering her nose and looking at Black Cat disapprovingly. “Ugh, those things stink! How can you stand them?”

Black Cat shrugged and brought the cigarette to his lips again, inhaling slowly so as to savour the taste. “To each their own, right?” He said, breathing out a puff of smoke, making sure his head was pointing outside the window. “Well, if you got what you came for, you should go. The school will be closing soon.”

“What about you?” The filly asked. “I’ve seen you in here after hours sometimes. Should the next head of the Lulamoon clan be breaking the rules like that, and killing his body with those nasty things?”

“It’s none of your business.” Black Cat said. He then lost his grip on his cigarette and watched as it fell down to the ground below. “Ah buckin’ hell…I was enjoying that…” He started to pull out another cigarette with his magic, but it was stopped by another magic. He looked up at the filly, whose horn was glowing brightly as she glared at Black Cat. “What now?”

“You should respect your body more. One a day is plenty.”

Black Cat approached the filly, who had to bring a hoof to her nose to stop the smell of his breath from causing her to back away. “It’s my body. I’ll treat it however I want. And you should keep your muzzle out of it!”

“But-”

Black Cat walked over to his desk, and picked up his saddlebag. “Don’t talk to me anymore. Or you’ll regret it.”


Black Cat ticked off another item on his checklist as he examined the stands set up for the upcoming winter festival. His ear twitched as he picked up the sounds of familiar breathing nearby, and he let out a long, heavy sigh. “I told you to stop following me.”

The orange filly, whose name Black Cat later learned was Hawkeye, stepped out from her hiding spot around the corner of the school building. “Heheheh…You caught me again…You’re good! Your Cutie Mark should be an ear, or something!” She noticed the angry look on Black Cat’s face, and tried to change the topic. “Oh, right, touchy subject…Um…So, what’re you up to?” She asked, approaching the annoyed colt.

“What does it look like?” Black Cat asked rhetorically. “I’m in charge of making sure everything runs smoothly. And you’re in charge of the refreshments. Which is over there.” He pointed a hoof over to where the refreshments team was organizing the crates of snacks and drinks that had been delivered earlier that day. “You know, away from me.”

She moaned and kicked a hoof on the ground. “Those guys are boring. I wanna help you, instead!” She smiled at Black Cat, who turned his head away to hide the blush growing on his face. “Dar-ling.” She sung as walked up to Black Cat and stroked her head against his neck.

Black Cat immediately ran sideways a little bit, putting some distance between himself and Hawkeye. “I told you, I don’t feel that way about you. And you shouldn’t feel that way about me, either.”

“Why? Because the “curse” will get me?” She asked, snickering after mentioning the word “curse”. “Sorry, but I’m not gonna let some stupid “curse” ruin my first love. First loves are important to mares, y’know?”

“That’s why you should just forget about me…” Black Cat stared, looking at Hawkeye with a serious look on his face. “Everypony who gets close to me ends up suffering some kind of misfortune. Some have even been hurt before.”

“Such is the “curse of the black cat”…Right?” Hawkeye asked, still smiling at Black Cat. “You must’ve told me that story about, what, a hundred times now, right? And I keep telling you, I don’t care.” She walked closer to Black Cat, who tried to turn tail and run, but the look in Hawkeye’s eyes held him in place. “I love you. And I won’t let some dumb “curse” stand in my way. If necessary, I’ll defeat it, then we can be together.”

“You can’t just “defeat it”, you idiot.” Black Cat said, laughing a little at the amusing thought that his curse could be destroyed so easily.

“With love, you can do anything.” Hawkeye said as she leaned in close to Black Cat, reaching out her hooves and pulling him into a kiss. The two remained that way for a few moments, before Hawkeye finally broke the kiss and stared into Black Cat’s eyes.

“Why would you love somepony like me, anyway?” Black Cat asked, not sure whether to teleport away as quickly as he could, or stay in this spot and continue staring in Hawkeye’s beautiful eyes.

“Because my heart tells me to. And I listen to what my heart says.” Hawkeye responded.

Black Cat took in her words, and then put a hoof to his mouth as a snicker escaped his lips. “What kinda reason is that? That just sounds stupid.” He said, trying to hold in his laughter.

Hawkeye backed away and glared at Black Cat. “Hey! You asked me a serious question, so I gave you a serious answer!” She turned away so that Black Cat couldn’t see her pouting face. “It’s not my fault you have no romance in you at all.”

“You’re just an idiot.” Black Cat said, causing Hawkeye to turn back to him and stare at him with a surprised look on her face. That was not what she was expecting him to at all. “An amazing idiot…Fine then, you can help me out. But I’m warning you! It’s tough work.”

Hawkeye’s anger eased down, and her cheerful smile returned to her face. She saluted Black Cat, and with a loud, cheerful voice, shouted: “Aye aye, boss!”


Black Cat stood in front of the statue of Discord that was on display in the Canterlot Sculpture Garden. He picked up a plastic ring next to him and threw it at the statue, moaning when he missed. “This isn’t as much fun as before. His new pose makes it harder to land these on his arms…” He threw another one, and managed to land it on Discord’s goat horn.

“Nice throw.” Black Cat turned around to see Princess Celestia approaching him, her usual guard escorts not present this time. “Old friend.”

Black Cat stood up and looked at Celestia disapprovingly. “Please don’t call me that. I’m not that old.” He said, watching as Celestia picked up a ring with her magic and also threw it towards the statue of Discord. The ring flew right into Discord’s face, with a force that would hurt if weren’t stone, and would have shattered the statue were it not magical stone. “How’s Trixie? I hear she got into some trouble in the Everfree forest some time after I left.”

Celestia shook her head, her smile fading as her silence answer Black Cat’s question. Finally, she spoke her answer with words, too. “I don’t know. She might make it, but it’s not looking good. Only time will tell…”

Black Cat’s expression didn’t change. He reached into his bag and pulled out a carton of cigarette, pulling one out and lighting it. “I see…”

“I thought you quit smoking, Black Cat.”

“I have one every now and then. It’s better than drinking myself to death, at least.” He said, shuddering as he remembered one night in particular where he got so drunk that he actually came on to Celestia.

Celestia herself found the memory amusing, and giggled as she recalled the event. Her happiness died down, though, when she moved on to the main reason that she had called him here. “You…Killed Sawdust, didn’t you?”

Black Cat hesitated, and just stared at his cigarette for a few seconds, before finally bringing to his lips to smoke it. After he released a puff of smoke from his mouth, he turned to Celestia to answer her. “Yeah.”

“How did it feel?” Celestia asked, the serious, stern face of not a ruler, nor a friend, but just another pony-being, staring Black Cat in the eyes.

“…Not good. Not good at all.” Black Cat took another smoke of his cigarette. “When I killed my brother and his colleagues in that fire, I couldn’t see their faces, so I convinced myself that it was ok. That, if it was to protect Trixie, it was perfectly justified. It was the only way I could keep my sanity…After purposefully taking the lives of three ponies.”

“But now?”

“Now…” Tears started to fall down Black Cat’s face, and he had to turn away so that Celestia couldn’t see them. “It doesn’t matter who it is. A life is still a life, and I had no right to take his, or anypony’s, for that matter.”

Celestia inhaled deeply as she collected her thoughts, and then breathed out as she prepared to ask her next question. “What are you going to do now?”

Black Cat had had plenty of time to think about his next move, and had already reached a decision, but he still hesitated before announcing it to Celestia. “I’m…I’m going to turn myself in.” He said, dropping his cigarette to the ground and stomping on it to put it out. “I’m finally going to erase myself from Trixie’s life.”


Black Cat fidgeted in his seat as the chariot made its way towards the Canterlot hospital. His hooves were shaking, and his entire body was trembling as he feared the worst. Celestia placed a comforting hoof on her friend’s shoulder. “Just relax. Everything will be just fine. Trust me.”

Black Cat shook his head and stared out of the window, watching as the hospital drew closer to the two. “That’s easy for you to say. You’re the only one immune to my curse. But Hawkeye…I should’ve just left Canterlot, after all.”

Celestia smiled warmly at Black Cat, and tried to calm him down. “Hawkeye is stronger than you think. Whatever may befall her, I’m sure that she will handle it. Just have faith in your wife, and try to think of a new name for your daughter.”

“What’s wrong with Meteor Shower? I think that’s a great name!”

“It’s a little…Well, didn’t Hawkeye have a great name for her?” Celestia asked, trying to avoid pointing out what was wrong with Black Cat’s naming abilities.

“Yeah. Trixie, or something. Kinda stupid, if you ask me.” Black Cat said, his trembling slowing as he began to calm down.

“I think that’s a great name. You should go with it.”

“Hmph. Typical. You always side with Hawkeye over me.” Black Cat said, leaning against the window on one of his hooves. The two started to laugh after a moment of silence, stopping when the chariot started to slow down. Once it had stopped in front of the hospital, the two stepped out, and made their way towards the hospital’s entrance. “Thank you, Celestia. I’ll try to smile when I see my wife.”

“That’s the spirit. Just keep on smiling, no matter what happens, and then others will smile too.”


Black Cat and Celestia waited outside the delivery room quietly, staring at the wall on the other side of the room, both of them breathing slowly and quietly. Black Cat was asked to leave when his wife’s condition started to take a turn for the worse, as they needed to bring in a specialist, who needed their space.

Black Cat heard a loud scream from inside the delivery room, followed by the loud sound of metal clanging against the floor. This did nothing to ease his worries. Celestia was also in a panicked state by this point, her own words of wisdom about keeping one’s spirits up meaning nothing to her anymore.

After what seemed like an eternity passed by, one of the nurses stepped outside and asked Black Cat to come in to the delivery room. Black Cat did so quietly, preparing himself for the worst case scenario. Celestia watched as Black Cat entered the room, hoping that everything was alright.

Black Cat was led to his wife, who was lying down on a bed, holding something against her chest. She was still breathing. That was a good sign. Black Cat stopped by his wife’s side, and hold on to her hoof tightly. “Honey…Say hello to our new daughter…” Hawkeye said slowly and quietly, her voice showing her weakness. She held the small foal in her arms up towards Black Cat.

Black Cat took the small pony into his hooves, looking down at her, completely speechless. It was his child. His very own foal, that he would be able to raise alongside Hawkeye from this point on. He held the young foal close to him, and finally found his voice again. “Meteor…Welcome to the family…”

Hawkeye groaned and let her head fall back, drawing her husband’s attention. “You’re not really going to call her that, are you?” She asked, staring up at the ceiling through half-closed eyes. “Come on, what’s wrong with Trixie. That was my grandmother’s name, you know?”

Black Cat let out a small laugh, but stopped when Hawkeye’s breathing grew noticeably heavier, and when she started to cough a lot. “Hey, what’s wrong? Are you ok?” It was then that he noticed the lack of nurses in the room. The specialist doctor who was called in had the nurses leave the room, and stared at the family with a serious look on his face. “Doctor, what is it? She’s going to be ok, right?”

The doctor took a deep breath to ready himself, and then walked over to Black Cat, ready to deliver the bad news. “I’m…Afraid not.” Black Cat almost dropped his daughter when he heard this, but managed to keep his grip long enough to place her back in Hawkeye’s arms. “The delivery did not go as smoothly as we had hoped. And…She’s not going to last much longer. I’m sorry.”

Black Cat ran up to the doctor and grabbed him by the collar of his lab coat, shooting him a furious look. “What the hell are you saying? My daughter was just born today. This is the happiest day of my life. The day I become a father, and get to raise my little girl with the most beautiful mare in the world by my side! DON’T YOU DARE RUIN THAT FOR ME!”

Black Cat’s shouting caused the little foal behind him to start crying, which Hawkeye immediately tried to remedy by gently holding her daughter close to her body. The doctor carefully loosened Black Cat’s grip. “I’m sorry, Mr. Black Cat. I wish there was something we could do. I’m really, truly sorry.”

Black Cat’s breathing grew more rapid as he stared at his wife, whose face was turned away so that her husband couldn’t see her crying. He turned back to the doctor, and begged him to save his wife’s life. “Please! If there’s anything that can be done, then do it! If’s money’s an issue, I’ll pay any amount! Just…Please, don’t let her die!”

“I’m sorry, but there’s nothing that can be done!” The doctor said, bringing the cold hard truth of the matter down on Black Cat. “To be honest, we have no idea what the problem even is. She seemed healthy enough, and there’s no sign of infection and disease. It’s as if…There’s some unseen force just taking her life away.”

Black Cat turned slowly to look at himself through a mirror in the room. In particular, he stared at his Cutie Mark. Or at where his Cutie Mark should be. In its place, was a picture of a black cat, holding one paw up into the air. This was the mark that he was born with. The “curse of the black cat”. A one in one billion chance of somepony being born with this mark, and he just happened to be one of its victims.

The curse that forever ruined his life. For whoever got close to him, suffered misfortune. It started with kids from his class at school losing their precious items, or being injured by a series of “accidents”. It escalated into unexplained broken limbs that seemingly appeared from incidents that shouldn’t result in such damage, and sudden illnesses. It didn’t take long for everypony to link these incidents with a pony’s relation to Black Cat, and soon, everypony kept their distance, afraid of being his next victim.

“No…It can’t be…” He ran up to his wife, holding her hooves as tightly as he could. “You said you’d defeat this curse…You said your love would conquer it! Come on, don’t let it take you. Not now. Not when our daughter still needs you!”

Hawkeye looked up at Black Cat, and wiped the tears from his face. She forced herself to smile, but had to stop when a sudden shock of pain passed through her boy. “I’m…Sorry…It looks like…I can’t go any further…”

“Please, don’t talk! Save your strength! There has to be a way to save you, there just has to be!” Suddenly, and idea passed through his head. “Celestia…I’ll get the Princess! She’s a powerful Alicorn! She might be able to do something!”

Black Cat attempted to leave the room to ask Celestia for help, but Hawkeye grabbed a hold of his hooves, keeping him from leaving. “Please…” She said softly. So soft that Black Cat had to move closer to hear her. “Stay with me…In the end…” She gave her daughter one final hug, and then handed her over to Black Cat, who took her in his hooves. “Take care…Of our daughter…My final wish…Is for you…To raise her…Into…Into a fine young…Mare.” After the final word, Hawkeye’s breathing stopped, and her body collapsed onto the bed. The heart monitor hooked up to her registered no pulse, and the room fell silent.

The doctor in the room offered to take Black Cat and his daughter to another room. Black Cat wanted a few moments alone, which the doctor allowed, taking the young foal out into the waiting room.

Black Cat stared down at his wife’s body, tears running down his face and falling onto the bed sheets below him. “It’s not fair…” He slammed a hoof onto the table behind him. “IT’S NOT FAIR! What the hell did I do to deserve this fate!? Why can’t this curse just take my life!? Why does everypony else have to suffer!? WHY!?”


Celestia and Black Cat walked through the hedge maze of the Canterlot Sculpture Garden side-by-side. It had been a good number of years since they last spoke, and Celestia wanted to share a few more moments with her friend before he turned himself in to the police.

“I didn’t know what to do when my wife died.” Black Cat said. Celestia remained silent, and listened intently to her friend. “I didn’t want my daughter to grow fond of me. If she did, then she would die too. Of that, I was certain. But…”

“Your wife’s final wish?” Celestia asked, stopping to smell one of the flowers sticking out of a nearby hedge.

Black Cat also stopped, waiting for Celestia. Once they started walking again, he continued. “Yes. I couldn’t just refuse my wife’s last wish. She wanted me to raise our daughter for the both of us. And given my bloodline, I couldn’t risk leaving Trixie in the hands of just anypony.”

“There was always me.”

“You had enough on your plate. There was no way I was going to burden you with raising my child in my place.” Black Cat stopped to light another cigarette after the two reached a small gazebo in the hedge maze. “The only thing I could do was keep her at a distance…But still be there for her. I would buy her food, clothes, and toys, and enrol her into the finest school.

“And if anypony targeted her, I would just use my influence to silently scare them away. At the same time, I had to play the bad guy around her. I had to make sure that she didn’t grow up loving me. Even if it meant that she hated me, it was worth it to keep her safe.”

“But a life of hatred…Is that even worth living?”

The two ponies sat down in the gazebo. Black Cat took a big smoke of his cigarette. “It was my hope that, at school, she would make lots of friends who she would learn to trust and rely on, no matter how much she lost her faith in me as her father.

“That’s why I was happy when she showed such interest in this “Twilight Sparkle” filly. I never would have imagined that she was your pupil. Small world, I guess.”

“Then why did you make her compete against her so much?”

“She was already competing against her. It was obvious from the way she described their test results. It was my hope that Trixie and Twilight would eventually become good friends through their intense rivalry. I had no idea that Twilight didn’t even consider Trixie a rival.

“My biggest mistake…Was leaving Trixie in the hooves of my brother. I thought I could trust him, and that he would take care of Trixie when she had reached the age where I was no longer necessary. No longer a filly, not yet a mare.”

Celestia closed her eyes and silently meditated for about a minute, allowing the soothing wind and the gentle breeze to relax her as she collected her thoughts. “What do you want me to tell Trixie?”

“…” Black Cat stared up at the sky, and saw a few Pegasus ponies moving rainclouds around the sky. The two noticed that it was going to rain soon, and decided to start leaving. “Nothing.” Black Cat said as he walked alongside Celestia, flicking his cigarette onto the ground. “And, if it’s not too much trouble, I’d appreciate it if my imprisonment was kept a secret.”

“…Are you sure? That would mean that nopony would know what happened to you. It would be as if you just disappeared one day.”

“It’s fine. Nopony would worry about me.” He said, forcing a smile onto his face as he and Celestia exited the hedge maze. “I’d rather just fade away without a trace. That way Trixie will never find out the truth about me. If she did, there’s the possibility, however small, that she may start to hate me less.”

Celestia wanted to tell him that he was being ridiculous, but she couldn’t. She couldn’t bring herself to tell him he was exaggerating, or that he was worrying over nothing. Because the last time she did that, his wife died, shortly after giving birth to their daughter.

She hesitantly nodded her head. “Very well then. I won’t tell her anything about you. And I’ll keep your imprisonment a secret. It will be on a need-to-know basis only.”

Black Cat smiled once again at Celestia, only this time, it was real. “Thank you.” He said, before turning his head away so that Celestia wouldn’t see the tears running down his face. “It’s funny. When Trixie returned to Canterlot, I thought that she was seeking to make amends with me. I never imagined that she had lost her memory, and was living a happy life with many friends.” He wiped his tears away, and once again faced the Princess. “I hope she finds happiness in that small town.”

Celestia wanted to tell him that Trixie’s memories had returned, but she was so happy with the thought that his daughter had forgotten everything about him, that she decided to withhold that information. At least for now. ‘Sometimes, it’s necessary to keep the ones we love out of the loop, or at a distance…It’s sad, but unfortunately, life is just cruel like that sometimes. You’ve suffered enough, Black Cat. I’ll let you have some peace of mind for once in your life.


Twilight chased Trixie through the darkness of the Everfree forest, using her horn to light up the way. She could see Trixie just ahead of her, but was struggling to keep up. Neither mare was very athletic, but Trixie was defiantly the faster and more agile pony out of the two.

Twilight lost her focus when she heard a rustling in the bushes next to her, and tripped over a branch that was lying in her path. She brought herself to her hooves, and looked around to see if she Trixie was still in sight.

When she realised that the blue Unicorn had managed to lose her, she started to panic. Trixie was in no state, both physically and mentally, to be wandering around the Everfree forest right now.

Twilight continued heading down the last path that she saw Trixie take, and just hoped for the best.


Trixie stopped running after she scaled a small hill, taking cover behind a rock pile at the top. She poked her head around, and saw that she had managed to lose the pursuing Unicorn. “Damnit…Now what? There’s no way Trixie can return after she said that. Maybe Trixie should just move to Manehatten and change her name, or something…” Trixie pictured what it would be like to move the big city, and take on a new identity.

A life without having to worry about being abducted for her blood. A life without having to ever see her father again. A life where she would never see Twilight Sparkle again…

The first two thoughts sounded great to Trixie, but when the thought of never seeing the mare she loved ever again crossed her mind, tears began to well up into her eyes, and she suddenly wasn’t sure of what to do anymore.

The days she had spent with Twilight while she had lost her memories ran through Trixie’s mind, and she realised that it wasn’t just her feelings for Twilight that had grown stronger over those days. She had become friends with many of the ponies in Ponyville. Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy. The pink one was a bit of a hassle, but they still had fun together. She had grown fond of Spike, too, and then there was Lyra, and Bon Bon, and Doctor, and Derpy.

She curled up in her spot, wrapping her front hooves around her back legs, and started to drown out her tears into front legs. “Mother…Why did you leave Trixie with that man? He never taught her how to deal with situations like this…Did you not love Trixie, either? Did you not want anything to do with her?”

A loud scream echoed throughout the forest, and Trixie recognised it instantly. It was Twilight Sparkle. And following the scream was a very large tremor, followed by the biggest, loudest roar that Trixie had ever heard.


Twilight looked up in horror when she realised which cave, of all possible caves, she had just walked into. She slowly started to back out, but it was too late. The large body of a full-grown Ursa Major towered over her, and it did not look happy.

It must have thought that Twilight was here to take its young away, and its maternal instincts kicked in. Twilight let out a loud scream, and immediately ran outside of the cave, running back into the Everfree forest. The loud roar of the Ursa Major shook the ground beneath Twilight, causing her to fall to the ground.

She had previously defeated an Ursa Minor by using her magic to put it to sleep, but that wasn’t going to work on something like this. It was far beyond anything that Twilight could deal with.

She looked up in horror as the large beast towering above her let loose another tremor-inducing roar, and swung down its claws. She had no time to react. Her legs were still shaking, and her mind was too un-focused to conjure up a spell of any kind.

She closed her eyes and waited for it to happen. As she did, images of Trixie ran through her mind, and all she could was lay there helplessly, repeating the words “I’m sorry” out loud, over and over again.

She felt something hit her face and body. But it wasn’t the claw of an Ursa Major, and it didn’t hurt at all. She also heard what sounded like groaning in front of her. Slowly, Twilight’s eyes started to open. When she saw the situation before her, her eyes shot fully open, and her mouth hung open in shock.

In front of her, hovering between an enraged Ursa Major’s claw, and a helpless Twilight whose body was still trembling, was the Great and Powerful Unicorn that Twilight had been chasing through the Everfree forest just moments ago.

Running through the blue mare’s body were four long, razor sharp claws, that belonged to the Ursa Major. Blood was pouring out of the wounds, and it was then Twilight realised that what had hit her was Trixie’s blood.

Trixie turned her head towards the purple mare, who was still lying on the ground, staring up at the showmare in horror, with tears running down her face. She didn’t like it. “Stop that…Twilight Sparkle.” She said, coughing up blood as she spoke. “Don’t send Trixie off with that face…Trixie…Trixie wants to see the happy face…That you always…Always wore…”

“Trixie…Why?” Twilight’s tears started to run down her face, and she slowly rose to her hooves, watching as Trixie’s breathing started to slow down, and her colour started to fade. “Why did you do this?”

“Because…I love you…Idiot.” Trixie said, smiling at the purple Unicorn, with her own tears flowing down her face as her vision started to fade away. “What, did your books not tell you? This is…This is what ponies do…For the ones they love…They give their lives for them…”

“Stop it! I don’t want this! Please Trixie, you can’t die! There’s still so much to do! There’s your birthday! We didn’t get to properly celebrate it!” Twilight forced a smile onto her face, but the tears running down her cheeks betrayed her attempts to act strong for Trixie. “Just wait ‘til you see what I got you! I know you’re going to love it! Oh! And now that your memories are back, we can share what we’ve learned over the years! It’ll so fun, so…Just don’t die…Please…” Twilight’s voice lowered into a whisper as Trixie’s eyes shut, and her breathing softened to a near-stop. When the Ursa Major retracted its claws, Trixie’s limp body fell to the ground.

“TRIXIE!” Twilight ran up to Trixie, completely ignoring the Ursa Major that was still towering over her. “Trixie…” It was faint, but Twilight could still feel a pulse coming from Trixie. Trixie was still alive, but in this state…“Please…Somepony…Anypony…I don’t care who it is, but someone, PLEASE SAVE TRIXIE BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!”