• Published 6th Oct 2015
  • 304 Views, 9 Comments

It is my duty... - SweetyBelleluvsu



Emerald Isle and Valiant Charge have to reveal the secrets of Griffenstone

  • ...
2
 9
 304

The Challenge

"Captain!" Emerald shouted, "Captain, wake up!!! The griffons are attacking Canterlot!!!"

"Finally!" Valiant said as he sprang from his bed, "Some action! Archers, to the wall! Where is my armor?! Emerald, quickly!"

"Here sir!" Emerald said as she burst into the room, Valiant's armor in her magical grip, "Freshly polished!"

"Thank you, Emerald," Valiant said as both he and Emerald put their armor on.

"What weapon, sir?" Emerald asked as she held a rather large shieth in her magical grip.

"Surprise me!" Valiant said as he put his helmet on.

"You twin swords, sir!" Emerald said as she handed him two swords, "Sharpened only yesterday!"

"Brilliant" he said as he accepted the swords from her, "Now, let us go!" They both rushed out of the armory to find griffons EVERYWHERE!!! "Men, to the wall, let's keep these barbarians out of here!"

"I'm sorry sir," Emerald said as she pulled ten diamond swords out of her sheath, "But i am going on the search for somebody!"

"Emerald!" Valiant shouted, "Stay here!"

"Sorry, Cap," Emerald shouted back as she headed out where the griffons were, "But i have to go find somebody!

Valliant charged after Emerald. "Get back here!!!" He shouted, not getting her to even look back, "That mare..." He ran after her.


Emerald dashed behind a bush, target in sight. Taking a few deep breaths, she stepped out, her swords in her magic grip, ready to strike.

"Ah, so nice to see you again!" her target snapped his talon when she found herself flying across the ground, almost, "My, look who has gotten better at being a soldier."

"Flight Path," Emerald hissed, "Why are you doing this?! We used to be friends!"

He had a quick chuckle. "Ah, dear Emerald, you were always a laugh."

"You were never one to be nice," Emerald said as she pointed her swords out in defence, "I have no idea why I ever trusted you!"

"Quit monologing and get to the fight!!!" A random pony shouted.

"Now, Emerald, you know I love you," Flight Path said whit a grin before kissing her, causing her to hit him, hard, "So why are you so upset?"

"That was in highschool!" Emerald snapped, "shut up!"

"Fine, fine," he said with a sigh, "I simply thought you wanted to hear some terms for peace."

Emerald hesitated. "Im listening."

He cuckled at her response, "its simple, you either marry me or challenge me."

"Challenge?"

"You, figh ten of my best men. You win, we leave, we win, we leave with you as my personal 'slave'"

Emerald gasped at this. "If you even think I'd marry you, you are mistaken! I challenge you!"

"Emerald, no!" Valiant yelled as he ran up, "Commander Flight Path, allow me to fight."

"No can do," Flight Path responded, " its her, and her alone who can do it."

"Emerald, please, don't do this," Valiant tried to persuade her.

Emerald took a moment tro think. "I accept the challenge..."

"Brilliant!" Flight Path said with a grin, "allow me to gather some soldiers."

"Emerald... Why would you do that?" Valiant asked as Emerald pulled out the better of her swords.

"Because I care for my family, my friends, and the people I am sworn to protect!"

"Emerald..."

"I have my soldiers!" Flight Path called, "shall we begin?"

Emerald did a reluctant sigh, "let's do this."

The soldiers quickly surrounded her, but she was prepared. One soldier attacker bur Emerald quickly swunger sword, wounding him. Three others decided to attack, only to recieve thw same fate. She had taken oit seven of them when, suddenly, she felt a serge ofain flow through her back, left leg. A soldier had manage to slam his sword into her leg and yanked it out.

With a mere laugh, Flight Path said, "it looks like you have fallen!"

"Emerald..." Valiant said sadly.

"Valiant," Emerald said, wincin in pain, "I'm fine, really."

Flight Path rolleds his eyes. "Now, we won, we will leave. With you might I add."

"Can't you see she's hurt?!" Valiant nearly yelled.

"Flight Path, may I have a bandage..." Emerald said as blood poured from her leg.

Flight path commanded for one. "Say your final goodbyes. We will leave aw soon as you are bandged up."

"Emerald," Valiant sighed, "I'm going to miss my best soldier..."

"Well.." Emerald hesitated, "Will you take care of my swords? They are of pure diamond and are of great value to me."

"It would be an honor," Valiant said as he put a hoof on her shoulder before taking her swords, "they will always remind me of you."

"Valiant..." Emerald said before doing one thing she had feared to do before. She kissed him.

"Emerald..." Valiant said before fivcin her a hug, "goodbye..." With that, he walked away, head hanging.

"Ready to go now?" Flight path asked.

"As I can be..." Emerald sighed.


Valiant staired out of his window of his office, watching as the griffons left with Emerald. He couldn't bare it.

"Markk my words Flight Path... I will get her back..."

Author's Note:

MEUHAHAHAHAHAAA! errors, tell me, I'm on tablet so my punctuation and such may suck.