• Published 29th Jun 2015
  • 307 Views, 3 Comments

History of an Ancient Alicorn Amulet - lilinuyasha



It's no secret that the amulet has secrets. Twilight wants to uncover them.

  • ...
 3
 307

Tea for three?


“Oh, would you please pass the crumpets, dear Fluttershy?”

“Oh, absolutely, Discord! I’m so glad you could make it this week!”

“Oh, I wouldn’t miss it for the world, Fluttershy.” Discord said, grabbing a crumpet and snarfing it down. “It seems Twilight wouldn’t either.” he finished, seemingly annoyed.

“I’m so sorry to bother you two...” Twilight cleared her throat, panting from her trek, “but I have a question for you, Discord.”

“A question for ME? Oh, this is such a deLIGHTful day! I was so worried that you weren’t ever going to be my friend! Does this mean we’re sharing secrets? Are you confessing your love for me? Are we going to make waffles in the morning?”

“Uh...I don’t know about that.” She started, as Fluttershy giggled in the background. “I was just wondering if you knew anything about an Ancient Alicorn Amulet.”

Discord’s ears perked up. He choked on a sip of tea, pounding his chest until a rabbit popped out of his mouth. “Ta-da!” He handed the rabbit to Twilight, who stared at it in disgust. “Anyways, Fluttershy, what were we discussing?”

“Um...I think Twilight still has some questions.”

“Oh, poo. Fine, Twilight. I’ve only heard of it when it was involved in that silly little duel you and Trixie had. I know nothing more about it.”

“Discord...” Twilight started, swallowing. “The magical signatures exhibit by the amulet perfectly match yours. You have to be connected.”

“That notion is prePOSterous! I’ve never heard such a impossibly cattywompus claim! If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you were trying to tarnish my good name!”

“I think you do that well enough on your own.”

“I...well...you...blegh.” Discord furrowed his bro, flustered. “I know nothing about it.”

“I...ok then. Sorry to bother you. I’ll be in the castle if you need me.” She said, slowly walking away.

“Have a nice day, Twilight!” Fluttershy yelled at her. Twilight sighed.

“Well, he does know something.” she thought to herself. “He’s hiding it. I have to know. But how do I get him to talk? Ugh...maybe Fluttershy can help me.” Twilight felt a small tug at her tail. She turned around, seeing the rabbit looking at her, a pouty face saying “Take me home!”

“Sure. Come on, little guy.” she smiled at him. Or her. She didn’t know. Regardless, it hopped happily away at her side. Maybe Spike would want a pet rabbit.

***

“Um...Twilight?” Fluttershy called out. “Are you here?”

“Oh. Hey Fluttershy!” said Spike, rounding a corridor, the small rabbit on his head. Fluttershy smiled at the sight. “Twilight’s in the library. She’s been there a lot recently. Have you seen my new rabbit? His name’s Thadius!”

“Thadius?”

“I wanted him to have an AWESOME name!”

Fluttershy giggled. “Well, I technically have seen him. I was there when Discord gave her to Twilight.”

“Wait...her?”

“Yep. That’s a girl. I like the name though. You can keep it.”

“Aw...” Spike bowed his head. “Maybe I can name you...Athena!” Spike’s voice trailed off in the distance as Fluttershy reached the library.

“Twilight?” she called out.

“Oh! Hey! Come on in! I’m at the research table!”

Fluttershy gently stepped inside. She trotted over to the table, seeing Twilight perched on a pillow in front of a bunch of books. As usual.
“You wished to see me?”

“Oh, yes. I actually have a big favor to ask of you.”

“Oh, sure! Anything!"

“Well, you see...” she started, sighing. “I’m trying to find out more about the amulet. Discord has to know something. The way he reacted to my question just...”

“Well...it DID seem a bit out of character for him...but...what can I do?”

“Well, it’s clear he doesn’t want to talk about it. I have a spell that can let us see into his memories. I need him detained, however.”

“I...Twilight, I’m not sure I like what you’re saying.”

“Relax, we wouldn’t hurt him. We’d just...make him fall asleep a little. I’d touch my horn to his head, and within seconds, I have all the information I need.”

“I don’t know...that still doesn’t sound all that ethical. There has to be another way.”

“Not with Discord, there isn’t."

“Twilight, he’s my friend! I don’t think I could do that to him!”

“Then I’ll do it. All I need is maybe 30 seconds. I could freeze him with a spell, then collect his memory, and he’ll resume his activity like nothing happened!”

“Are you sure it’s safe?”

“100%. No harm will come to him.”

“Oh...ok...what’s the plan?”

“Why not invite him over for tea at my place? Or, better yet, I can freeze him anytime. Maybe when you guys have Tea next, I can sneak up behind him.”

“Um...sure. And you’re SURE this won’t hurt him?”

“I’m positive. All I need is to gather his memories for a little bit.”

“I...ok.” Fluttershy sighed. “We have tea every Thursday around 3. If you sneak from the back door, you’ll be fine...”

“Thanks, Fluttershy. This means a lot to me.”

“Please don’t hurt him.”

“For the last time, I’m not hurting him!”

“Ok...sorry...”

“It’s fine. I’ll see you next Thursday!”

“Yeah...sure...” Fluttershy gingerly stepped out the library as Twilight began reading her books aloud to herself. “I don’t feel easy about this...this can’t end well...” She shook her head. “No, Twilight said he’d be fine! Twilight wouldn’t lie to me!” she giggled to herself. “Guess we’ll just have to see on Thursday.” She hummed to herself as she trotted back to the cottage.

***

Twilight checked her saddlebags, pulling out a pocketwatch. 2:30. Only 30 minutes to go until Fluttershy was supposed to have tea with Discord. She sighed and sat back in the bushes where she was hiding. Hopefully everything would go according to plan. First, she’d fly over to where Discord was sitting, so she wouldn’t make as much noise as trotting. Then, she’d cast her time stopping spell, cast her newfound “Memory spell” (She’d come up with a better name later, she hoped), collect his memories, and then she’d know everything Discord could know about the amulet. Simple!

“Whatcha doin’, Twilight?”

“Gah!” Twilight jumped. “Pinkie, what are you doing here?”

“Oh, me? I was just hopping around, making sure Gummy got his daily walk, then I saw you hiding in the bushes playing Secret Agent and decided to join you but then you got scared and jumped back right into the nettles!”

“Nettles?” Twilight asked curiously.

“Yeah! The ones digging into your butt right now!”

“I don’t...” THEN the pain set in. Twilight jumped up, the fiery sting of the nettles clinging to her. Pinkie jumped up and down with her, smiling. Twilight hurriedly used her magic to remove them, flinging them elsewhere.

“You know, I never liked sitting in nettles as a filly. They kind of hurt. But if you’re into that kind of stuff, hey, I’m not judging.”

“Just go away, Pinkie. I’m trying to capture Discord’s memory.”

“OOOOOOH! Sounds fun! Sure thing, Twilerino! I’m going to go make some cupcakes! La lalala la la...” she hopped away. Twilight shook her head in annoyance, turning her attention back to the picnic table. Coincidentally, Fluttershy and Discord had just walked outside. Discord hovered as Fluttershy poured a glass.

“So, Discord, how was your week?”

“Oh, absolutely DREADFUL! Princess Celestia had me help her destroy some sort of monster infection in Canterlot, and let me tell you...those ponies just HATE me. I can’t even imagine why!”

Twilight silently took flight, like a majestic eagle soaring for his prey.


“And then I had to do laundry. LAUNDRY! I DON’T EVEN WEAR CLOTHES! And I can simply dissipate them at any time, I mean, who has to do laundry?”

“Why did you have to do laundry?” Fluttershy asked, seeing Twilight fly behind him.

“Oh, let’s not get wrapped up in semantics, dear.”

“Gotcha...” Twilight thought to herself, casting her time spell on Discord.

“Oh!” Fluttershy squealed. “It’s so gruesome!”

“Uh...he’s in the exact same position he was before.”

“Oh. Right. He’s ok, right?”

“Of course. He’ll only be like this for 30 seconds, so I’m going to hurry. Then you can get on with your tea party.”

“Oh. Sure.” Fluttershy said, watching as Twilight delicately put her horn to Discord’s head. Twilight felt a magical surge of power flow through her, giving her a massive headache as she filled up with knowledge of events past. She felt herself losing control of her body, and she slowly, but surely, collapsed to the ground. The last thing she heard was Fluttershy screaming her name, then silence. Then, the memories started pouring in.

Comments ( 3 )

Let's see where this goes...

been 4 years, either continue it, or cancel it, but putting it on hiatus or just leaving it unfinished, is not acceptable

Login or register to comment