• Published 30th Jun 2015
  • 12,908 Views, 3,485 Comments

Astral Aegis - Silvak



Aether managed to help the princesses fix the dimensional barriers of Equus, but now she had taken the role of training a team of ponies devoted to dealing with any potential interdimensional threats that could come to Equus.

  • ...
69
 3,485
 12,908

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter VI: Teleportation

A pony would normally think that teleportation is a great ability to have. That pony needs to meet me so I could ram their head through a tree. The reason for that desire is simple; while teleportation is nice to have, learning how to teleport is a horrible experience. What makes it worse was that Twilight was able to pick up on it from observation. Though her special talent is just magic after all, if I understood her properly. Guess it gave her a greater edge in learning magic, maybe. Not like I knew how these cutie marks and special talents should be involved in dictating a pony's life.

It has been a few days since the mob was out for my blood, which were mostly spent on telling Twilight more about the various species out there, and my teleportation practice. Turned out that I can actually teleport myself from one place to another without me getting inside something or missing a few parts. The issue though was the destination; I never actually teleported to where I wanted to. My first try was suppose to be short ranged, but I ended up in the branches of Twilight's tree. The rest afterwards were progressively worse, to the point that Silver Shield was in the air whenever I tried to practice underneath Twilight's supervision.

However, this was nothing compared to teleporting objects. After the first few attempts at teleporting myself, Twilight suggested we try teleporting objects to see how that worked for me. Thankfully, we started with a few oranges in the kitchen, for my tries were... quite messy. If you consider showering the entire kitchen with bits of oranges messy, it was just an absolute disaster in reality. For while I was able to cast the spell on the orange, the orange ended up being teleported all over the place in tiny pieces. Or so Twilight said, I was pinning on it teleporting then exploding like a grenade. After that fiasco, Twilight said that I should just stick to casting the spell on myself until I mastered it first before we go back on practicing on objects.

While it was annoying to have Silver shadowing me every time I went outside, it was beneficial due to some ponies still giving me the stink eye from time to time. It didn't help that I learned that the Crusaders were grounded again for trying to check out the dimension rift. Though, it was a miracle that Pinkie saved all my presents, though she never told me where she stashed them. However, now my toy chest that was only half-full instead was now overflowing with toys, while the rest of the presents that weren't toys were piled up in one corner. Odd though that nopony came over to demand their present back, though now I rather give some of them due to the pile being four times as large as I am.

There was one thing that was bothering me those past few days though. Lyra hadn't showed up to ask me more questions about anymore alien stuff, and I wasn't inclined to tracking that weird mare down. This resulted in me getting a gut feeling that something won't end well when Lyra finally showed herself to me.


"Are you certain this a good idea?"

"You haven't teleported into the air yet, so it stands to reason that this will minimize the spots you may teleport to," Twilight explained as we were standing in an open field at the outskirts of Ponyville. Right beside us Silver stood with his uniform on, with the exception of his helmet that he left at his room in the local inn. After appearing in some pony's living room, Twilight reasoned that it was better to practice my teleportation where there isn't any nearby buildings for me to pop up in.

"That doesn't mean it won't happen," I replied, my voice thick with skepticism.

"Look, just concentrate on teleporting right next to me," Twilight ordered as she pointed a hoof at the desired spot.

"Whatever," I muttered as I poured magic to my horn as I pictured myself appearing in that very spot.

As I was just about to release the spell, my concentration was sadly broken when Twilight said, "What did y—"

I didn't hear the rest of her words as my spell went off, engulfing me a flash of silver light. After the flash, instead of seeing the open field or Twilight herself, I ended up staring right at a white unicorn mare with blue mane streaked with cyan stripes. I blinked in surprised as the mare stared at me with her cerise colored eyes before I realized that most of my body below my head was wet for some strange reason. My eyes looked down for a moment, allowing me to catch sight of that I was in a bathtub.

...I'm in a bathtub... a filled bathtub... with an adult mare... that I don't know... I thought to myself as I looked at the mare, my face turning red from a furious blush that I was probably baring. I tried opening my mouth to say something, but the sheer awkwardness of this moment prevented a single word from coming out.

"You're that alien filly, right?" the unicorn finally said, to which I could only give a stiff nod to. "You're not here to abduct me or anything like that?" After I gave her a quick shake of my head, she shrugged as she resumed her bathing. "There's a spare towel on the rack, you can use that to dry yourself before you leave."

Looking at the rack for a moment before I returned my attention to the mare, I slowly climbed out of the tub as I asked, "Why aren't you bothered by this?"

"Are you really asking me that question? We live in Ponyville. Weird stuff happening from time to time is the norm," she said with a shrug while I dried myself. "Just be happy that my roommate is out of town for the day."

"Okay... thanks for not getting mad at my... 'interruption' then," I replied before I left the bathroom. After I closed the door I was able to catch sight of the room, which caused my jaw to drop. The room was almost like two ponies designed half a room, stuff it with their stuff, then stuck them together. The only thing common between the two was most of the stuff was musical in nature. Shaking my head from the mild shock, I went to what appeared to be the front door as I wondered what possess two ponies to design their house in such a fashion.

After stepping outside the house, I closed my eyes as I was about to let out a sigh of relief from not having a pony chasing me out of their home. Before I could release my sigh, I heard two hooves slamming onto the door behind me, one right next to each ear. Opening my eyes quickly, I saw Lyra's crazed face as she was literally breathing on my face. There was only an inch between our muzzles to boot.

"...You better not kiss me," I stammered out, causing Lyra to rear her head back in surprise.

"What? Kiss you? I'm here to finally get you to tell me about your species and hands," Lyra relied. "And there's nothing you can do to keep me away from you."

"Keep you away? What are you talking about?"

"That guard that's following you everywhere. I know you got him just to stop me from asking you more questions, but now you're all alone. No way that guard can get to you in time before you spill all your secrets to me!" Lyra shrieked, one of her eyes twitching.

For a moment, I just stared at her as she kept that manic grin of hers before I just sigh at her antics. "Lyra, that guard wasn't there to keep you away from me."

"Oh really? Why was he following you then?"

"To keep me from being harm by anypony or to prevent another case of a mob forming."

Lyra's eyes instantly went wide, backing away from me as she sat on her rump. This enabled me to be able to see the saddlebags she was carrying. "That... makes sense."

"I was honestly wondering when you would show up after Celestia scattered the mob."

"Well, I saw that guard an—wait a moment, why didn't you just go and find me instead?" Lyra asked as she narrowed her eyes at me.

"I'm a busy pony, that and I don't know where you live," I dryly answered. "Look, as long as you don't harm me, my 'protector' won't stop you."

"So... can I ask you my questions now?" Lyra said, to which I just gave her a deadpan look before nodding. She then squealed with joy, causing me to plant my hooves over my ears in an attempt to block out the noise. Her squeal though drew attention, as I spotted both Silver Shield and Twilight flying toward to us.

"Aether! There you are!" Twilight yelled as the two landed near us. "Lyra? What are you doing here?"

"Don't you know?" Lyra asked before she felt me tapping her leg.

"She... wasn't paying attention to you while you were in the library," I answered, causing Twilight to look at us both in confusion.

"Lyra was in the library with you? When?" Twilight asked, which tempted me to facehoof.

"It was after the mob Twilight, while you were trying to send a letter to Princess Celestia. Look, Lyra's just here to ask about my alien species since she thought I was human. So I so—"

"Lyra, why are you on that thing again? There's no such thing as humans, there hasn't been any evidence that they ever existed!"

"How can you deny their existence when we have aliens that exist! Maybe humans are aliens like Aether here! Did you consider that as a possibility?" Lyra countered.

Rubbing her hooves against the sides of her head, Twilight replied, "I'll settle this issue now then. Aether, have you seen or heard of a human?"

Frowning, I replied, "Well... no b—"

"See, so now you can drop this 'human' obsession of yours," Twilight said with a frown as she looked at Lyra.

"Well, I'll drop it in regards to Aether, but I'm still certain that they exist! So Aether, were you always a pony or did you invade a foal's mind when you came to this world?" Lyra asked.

Instead of answering, I just gaped at her for even coming up with that idea. "What... what makes you think I did that? Why did you even think of that in the first place‽"

"Well, I thought aliens did that kind of stuff."

"Aliens don't do that! That's just depraved!"

"They don't?" Lyra asked with wide eyes.

"...How many questions do you have that are messed up like that?"

"Err..." Lyra simply replied as she gave me a wide smile, causing me to facehoof this time.

"Augh, rethink your questions then. Twilight, I think your idea of practicing teleportation at the outskirts of Ponyville didn't work either," I informed Twilight as Lyra pulled out a notepad and a quill from her saddlebags, crossing out what could be some of the depraved questions she came up with.

Looking at the house, Twilight said, "You didn't... appear inside another house?"

"Yes, in a bathtub as well."

"Oh... wait... don't te—"

"Yes, there was a mare taking a bath at the time. Thankfully she didn't chase me out with a broom like the last one."

"...We'll practice in Sweet Apple Acres, on the far side away from the farmhouse."

"Now that sounds like a good idea."

"Can I come along?" Lyra asked before she pouted her lips at us, her eyes taking on a watery look.

"Augh, fine but you better not ask any more disturbing questions!"

"Yes!" Lyra squealed before she put her notepad away as she started trotting towards the farm.

This is going to be one long day.

PreviousChapters Next