• Published 5th Jul 2015
  • 7,078 Views, 97 Comments

The Rainbow and The Comet - RNBW

  • ...
7
 97
 7,078

Rainbow's Pals - Part 2

As they walked down the street, Comet could see a cottage up ahead. Upon arriving at the cottage looking house, Rainbow looked back at Comet with a warm smile.

"Don't worry, Comet. Fluttershy is the most kindest person I've ever met. Besides, we've been friends since we were kids and she's been like a sister to me," Rainbow Dash explained.

Comet looked up at her and nodded. "O-Okay Rainbow, I t-trust you."

Rainbow gave Comet another smile before knocking on the door with her right hand.

Suddenly, the door opened to reveal a sixteen year old girl. The girl had a long pink hair with a butterfly clip, light yellow skin and cyan eyes. She was wearing a white tank top with a green skirt that had three butterflies and green boots.

"Um... hello, Rainbow Dash," Fluttershy gave Rainbow a soft smile.

"Hi there, Flutters," Rainbow greeted with a chuckle.

"Please come in. Sunset Shimmer, Twilight and Applejack are here too," Fluttershy said before turning to walk inside the cottage.

'The others are here too? Well, that made the things more easier,' Rainbow thought as she entered with Comet still trailing behind her.

"Howdy, Rainbow!" Applejack tipped her stetson hat toward Rainbow.

She was sitting in the sofa with Twilight Sparkle (of this world) beside her who had a soft smile in her face while Sunset Shimmer was sitting on another sofa.

Twilight gave the girl a friendly wave in greeting. "Hi Rainbow Dash."

"Hello Rainbow," Sunset greeted wtih a smile. "How's it going?"

"Well, I came here with some good news," Rainbow scratched the back of her neck and she turned around to look at the child behind her. "Okay, you can come out."

Comet Moonstone slowly stepped out from behind Rainbow and stood in front of the girls who looked at the child in shock.

Rainbow Dash cleared her throat to make the introductions and looked down at the child. "Comet, I’d like you to meet Fluttershy, Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle and Applejack," she said before looking at the girls. "Guys, this little guy is Comet Moonstone. I will taking care of him for a while. Say hello, Comet."

"Hi there," Comet spoke so softly that they were barely able to hear him, shakingly lifting his hand and waving at them.

Rainbow Dash bent down to Comet's level and began to softly rub his arms. "It's alright, little guy. They aren't going to hurt you," she said reassuringly with a smile.

Comet looked up at her nervously, then he looked at the girls.

Fluttershy let out a squee at the sigh of the child. "Oh, Rainbow! He's so cute!"

Applejack was the first one to walk up to him. "Well, well, well, what do we have here," the farm girl said with a smile as she knelt down to Comet's level. "Howdy there little feller, mah name is Applejack and it’s a darn tootin’ pleasure to meet ya Comet."

Comet looked up at her with a small smile. "I-It's nice to meet you too, M-Miss Applejack."

Applejack felt her heart melt at his politeness and she tipped her hat to him before walking back to the group.

Fluttershy was the next to walk up to the small child.

"Hi there, sweetheart," she said in a gentle, motherly tone.

The shy girl reached out a hand and tenderly stroked his left arm to ease his nervousness.

"It’s nice to meet you Comet." Fluttershy said in the softest of tones to not scare the boy. "I am Fluttershy."

Comet gave her a small smile. "I-It’s nice to m-meet you too Miss F-Fluttershy."

Fluttershy blushed. "Awww, sweetie, you don’t have to call me miss. That's very respectful of you, but Fluttershy is just fine, okay?"

Comet nodded as a blush formed on his cheeks at being called 'sweetie' and Fluttershy walked over to the girls.

Twilight started walking toward the little boy and sat on her kness as she adjusted her glasses.

"Hello, Comet, it’s an pleasure to meet you," she gave him a warm smile, reaching out her hand and clasping his hand in a handshake. "My name is Twilight Sparkle."

Comet gave her a soft smile. "I-It’s good to m-meet you too Miss T-Twilight."

Twilight returned the smile with one of her own and walked over to the others.

Sunset Shimmer was the last to walk up to him and gave him a big, friendly smile.

"Hey there, little guy, my name is Sunset Shimmer. It is a pleasure to meet you," she said, placing her hand on his shoulder. "Like Rainbow said, there is no need to be afraid. We are all pleased to meet you."

Comet Moonstone gave them each a soft smile. "I-It’s nice to meet y-you all."

"Rainbow, I didn't know you have a little brother," Sunset said as she gently ruffled Comet's hair.

"Yeah, ya don't talk about yer folks too often," Applejack added with Fluttershy and Twilight nodding in agreement.

Rainbow bit her lower lip and shook her head. "Actually, he's not my brother."

"No?" everyone said in confusion.

"Ummm, well, you see..." Rainbow Dash began explaining what happened yesterday. As she anticipated, her friends had a frown on their faces.

"But what about his parents?" Twilight asked.

That question caused a deep frown to creep across Comet's face. Rainbow's face saddened a little as she reached out her arm and put it around his shoulders.

"I don't know," Rainbow replied as she stroked Comet's hair. "I haven't asked him yet. But something bad must happened. I think is better to ask him when he's ready."

Fluttershy, feeling bad for the little colt, walked up to him and pulled him into a tender hug.

"Awww... You poor little thing," she said soothingly.

Comet trembled a little bit of being close with someone else besides Rainbow, but then calmed down in the shy girl embrace. She leaned her head toward him and gave him a gentle kiss on his forehead.

Applejack walked up to Rainbow and patted her on the shoulder.

"Ah am impressed of ya, Rainbow. That's probably the most selfless thing ya ever done," she gave her a smile.

"Well, I just couldn't leave him alone," Rainbow replied, returning the smile.

Suddenly, knock at the door interrupted their conversation.

"I’ll got it girls," Fluttershy said as she carefully stood up. Everybody gave her a puzzled look. Fluttershy realized what they meant and looked down at Comet with a rosy blush. "And, boy."

She walked up to the door and carefully opened it, revealing Rarity.

"Hello, Fluttershy. May I come in?" Rarity asked with a soft smile.

Fluttershy nodded. "Of course. Please come in."

"Thank you, darling," Rarity said as she walked inside with a bag in her hands. "Hi girls."

"Hello Rarity," the girls greeted.

Rarity looked over at the small child next to Rainbow. "Hello again, darling."

Comet gave her a light smile. "H-Hi Rarity."

"Comet, dear, I finished your new outfit," Rarity said as she handed the bag over to him.

Comet smiled up at her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Th-thank you Rarity."

The heart of the girls melted at this cute sight. Especially Fluttershy.

Rarity gave him a big, warm smile and returned the hug. "You're very welcome, Comet."

Just as Rarity said that, the alarm on Rainbow's wristwatch began to ring.

She took a look at her watch. "Whoops, time to go home."

"Awww, he really needs to go," Sunset playfully cooed as she ruffled his hair earning a giggle from everybody.

"Sorry, Sunset, but we will come tomorrow at Sucarcube Corner. How does that sound?" Rainbow said.

The girls nodded in agreement.

"That's a good idea, Rainbow." Sunset said before looking at Comet. "Goodbye little guy. It was a pleasure to meet you."

"Bye, Sunset," Comet said as he wrapped his arms around her in which she returned the hug.

"Bye girls. See you tomorrow," Rainbow said and then she turned to Comet and gently took his hand into hers. "Let's go, Comet."

Comet nodded at Rainbow before turning to the girls with a soft smile. "G-goodbye everyone. S-See you t-tomorrow."

"See ya tomorrow," the girls waved at them as Rainbow and Comet went straight to home.

When the two arrived at Rainbow's house, the day was coming to an end. The sun was already dipping behind the horizon, but the light still lingered in the air. The sky was painted in hues of fiery red and crimson.

Once they went inside, Rainbow heard Comet's stomach softly grumble.

Rainbow gave the boy a teasing smirk. "Looks like someone's hungry."

Comet blushed and nodded.

"Alright, buddy, what would you like for dinner?" she gently asked.

"C-Could you make the s-same thing from y-yesterday? I r-really liked it," he smiled softly at her.

"Of course, bud," Rainbow replied, gently took his hand into hers and both went to the kitchen.

When the two arrived at the kitchen, Comet sat in one of the kitchen chairs while Rainbow started to make the dinner. After several minutes, the rainbow haired gal walked over to Comet with two plates of scrambled eggs with two fried sausages and carefully set it in the table with two glasses of lemonade.

Once Rainbow sat down, the two ate their dinner with smiles on their faces. After finishing their dinner, Comet let out a soft yawn.

"Oh, looks like someone's ready for bed," Rainbow said with a soft smirk.

"R-Rainbow?" Comet began as he let another yawn.

She looked down at the sleepy child. "What's up, kiddo?"

"C-Can I s-s-sleep... with you again?" Comet gently asked. "I-It just..."

He was cut off when Rainbow gently picked him up from under his armpits. Then she rubbed the top of his head gently with her hand.

"You don't want to have nightmares again, right?" Rainbow gave him a warm smile.

The kid gave her a simple nod in reply.

Rainbow simply shrugged her shoulders. "Meh, that's fine by me."

Rainbow walked upstairs with the child on her arms to her bedroom. Once they arrived at the bedroom, she walked up to her bed and placed the kid on it.

"Don't worry, buddy, I'll be right back," Rainbow said reassuringly.

She went to the drawer where she pulled her sleeping clothes before walking out of the bedroom to go to the bathroom to get changed. While Rainbow was getting changed, Comet stared out the window, watching the moon in the dark blue canvas as the sky was filled with shiny stars.

Just then, Rainbow Dash entered the room, now clad in her sleep wear from yesterday. She went to the other side of the bed, climbed up and laid down beside Comet. She brought her arm over the small child, pulling him to her side and began to stroke his hair with her hand.

"Ummm... R-Rainbow? C-Can you s-sing me a l-lullaby?" Comet asked quietly.

Rainbow smiled down at him warmly. "A lullaby, huh?"

Comet nodded. "Y-Yes."

She closed her eyes before letting out a soft sigh and started to sing a very familiar song...

Hush now, quiet now
It's time to lay your sleepy head
Hush now, quiet now
It's time to go to bed.

Driftin' off to sleep
Leave the day behind you
Driftin' off to sleep
Let the joy of dreamland find you.

Hush now, quiet now
It's time to lay your sleepy head
Hush now, quiet now
It's time to go to bed.

As Rainbow sang, Comet's eyelids got heavy and let out a yawn. When the song ended, the colt fell asleep with a small smile on his face.

Rainbow gave a gentle loving smile at the sleeping boy, leaned her head down and kissed him on the forehead. Then, she closed her eyes and fell asleep with Comet snuggling against her.

With the light of the moon shining through the window of the room, the two slept like if they were mother and son.