• Published 28th Jun 2015
  • 298 Views, 8 Comments

Somepony to Remember - TheFablequestria



How do you cope with losing the thing that mattered most in your life?

  • ...
 8
 298

Bon Gone

Lyra woke up in bed. Bon Bon was still asleep beside her. Lyra gently pushed Bon Bon's head aside, and quietly went to the bathroom, where she then brushed her mane and teeth, and washed her hooves. Bon Bon was usually the first one awake, but this time, she wasn't. Lyra finished, and sat down on her chair at the kitchen table. She waited patiently for Bon Bon to make breakfast.

As 15 minutes past, Lyra grew impatient. Bon Bon was supposed to be awake by now. Surely she must've heard Lyra in the bathroom? Lyra, curious, walked towards their bedroom, only to find Bon Bon still 'asleep'. Lyra went to Bon Bon's side of the bed.

"Bon Bon, it's time to wake up." Lyra smiled. There was no response. Something wasn't right. "Bon Bon?" Lyra nuzzled her. Still nothing. Lyra grew very worried. "Bon Bon?? Please wake up so I could know you're alright.." Lyra was begging Bon Bon to wake up. When Lyra checked for a pulse, she could feel no heartbeat.

Odd, maybe she was breathing slowly? Lyra put her hoof under Bon Bon's snout. Bon Bon wasn't breathing. Lyra panicked."Bon Bon!? Bon Bon! Please, please wake up!" Lyra's eyes were filled with tears by now, along with her ears flopped back. She couldn't lose Bon Bon, she just couldn't. Bon Bon was the only reason her life meant anything. "BON BON!!!" Lyra put her face on Bon Bon's stomach, crying.

There was a knocking on the door. Lyra was too busy crying to answer, and she didn't even hear it. When Carrot Top opened the door, after hearing somepony crying, she came in and saw Lyra sobbing over Bon Bon. There were barely any deaths in Ponyville, and this was one of the few.



"I'm sorry for what happened to Bon Bon." Princess Twilight Sparkle hugged Lyra. Lyra pushed her back.

"No Twilight! You don't know what it's like to lose someone THIS close! You don't know what it's like to have no parents or anypony close to you!" Lyra walked away. The whole town had attended the funeral, and each and every pony had something to say.

"I can't believe this happened."

"I'm sorry Lyra."

"Poor, poor, poor Bon Bon."

"She never did anything wrong." But all the comments weren't helping. It made Lyra feel even worse. Twilight finally caught up to Lyra.

Two endings

Author's Note:

Don't hate me please :fluttershysad: and besides, if you hate me for making this story, why the hay would you read it in the first place!? :twilightangry2: