• Published 28th Jun 2015
  • 1,842 Views, 60 Comments

Her Sister - femikol



Rainbow has to take care of her little sister for a while.

  • ...
7
 60
 1,842

Stalking101

Twilight woke at exactly 6:00 in the morning, like she always did when something was troubling her. With a sigh, she got out of her bed, and headed down into the kitchen. She began brewing herself some tea, while letting her tired mind work. Out of all the things that had happened these past few days, seeing Rainbow's sisterly side came as the biggest shocker to her. She poured the now steaming water into a cup, and put a tea bag in. The normally brash, and egotistical pegasus that was Rainbow, had become almost as kind as Fluttershy, and definitely as caring towards her sister. They hadn't gotten into a fight when Rainbow had introduced Twilight to Skyla, and they didn't even argue when Rainbow had pointed out that it was late. They were closer than most siblings, and it was almost as if they had never argued in their entire lives.

Have they? Twilight silently thought, her inquisitive mind starting to kick up again. Have they ever argued? She sipped her tea, her mind picking up its pace, and firing out questions. Why are they so close? Why do they never argue? Why are they so opposite in their personalities? Just then, the sound of a hoof knocking on wood came from the door. Twilight jumped, and looked at the clock. It was 6:30.

Horsefeathers! Twilight mentally screamed. I was supposed to open the library fifteen minutes ago! She rushed towards the door, and quickly unlocked it. She opened the door, and gave a hurried apology.

"I'm sorry!" Twilight began, her eyes closed, "I forgot to open up the library fifteen minutes ago! I don't know why I forgo-" Twilight felt something enter her mouth, opened her eyes, and looked down, only to see a cyan hoof in her mouth.

"Relax, Twi," Rainbow's voice sounded. Twilight looked into her friend's eyes as Rainbow took her hoof out of Twilight's mouth. "I don't know why you'd space out opening the library, but I came by to hoof this back," opening her saddlebags, she took out the Hoovebbit, and held it out for Twilight to take.

"Hmm? Oh, yes. Thanks Rainbow." Twilight muttered, enveloping the book in a magical aura. It was only then, when she noticed that Rainbow was the only pony around, besides her.

"Where's Skyla?" Twilight asked her friend. Rainbow, who had turned around, prepared to take off, turned her head to look at Twilight.

"Huh? Oh, she's still sleeping." Rainbow replied. Twilight nodded, and watched her friend fly away.

It was then when something clicked in her head.

Of course! She silently thought to herself. I can follow her, and Skyla today, and I can verify some of my hypotheses! Without further ado, she grabbed a clipboard, some paper, a quill and some binoculars. She put them in her saddlebags, and made a mad gallop for the door, throwing herself into the nearest bush that had a clear view of her friend's house.

. . .

After about two hours of carefully monitoring her friends house via her binoculars and jotting down her observations every few minutes, she finally noticed two figures exit the cloud house, and fly towards Ponyville. She quickly re stuffed her saddlebags, and scrambled out of the bushes, walking casually towards the center of Ponyville, greeting the occasional pony who passed her. Passing the town hall, she caught a glimpse of two rainbow manes, and redirected her steps towards her friend. They seemed to be heading towards Fluttershy's house, so Twilight guessed that Rainbow was going to introduce Skyla to Fluttershy, Maybe even run into Discord. Twilight shuddered at the thought. She followed Rainbow and Skyla at a fair distance, making sure she didn't look too suspicious.

"Hiya, Twilight! Why are you stalking Dashie?"

"Gah!" Twilight stumbled back in shock as Pinkie suddenly entered her peripheral vision. After Twilight had successfully gotten her heart rate back down to normal, she turned to face Pinkie Pie.

"Hello, Pinkie." Twilight greeted.

"Hiya, Twilight!" Pinkie responded, cheerfully bouncing like she always did. "Why are you stalking Dashie?" She repeated her question. Twilight raised an eyebrow.

"Why would you say I'm stalking her?" Twilight inquired. She didn't understand her friend's logic. She was following Rainbow, and jotting down scientific observations, not stalking.

"Duh, because you had binoculars when you were stalking me that one time!" Pinkie said cheerfully.

Twilight looked down at the binoculars that hung around her neck. "What are you-? Pinkie, I wasn't stalking you." She stammered. "I was trying to understand how your pinkie sense worked."

"Ooooohhhhhhh, I get it now." Pinkie said slowly, her seemingly bouncing coming to a halt. "Instead of trying to understand my pinkie sense, you're trying to figure out Dashie's dashie power?"

"Wha-? No!" Twilight faltered. "I'm trying to understand why Rainbow and Skyla are so close, even as sisters!" Twilight half explained, half shouted.

"Oh! I get it now!" Pinkie happily exclaimed. "Carry on!" She chirped, before shooting off towards Sugarcube Corner.

Twilight put a hoof to her head, attempting to soothe a minor headache she didn't even know she had. She sighed heavily, as she re-organized her thoughts, and headed after her friend.

. . .

Through her binoculars, Twilight could clearly see Fluttershy talking to Discord through a window. Shifting her binoculars ever so slightly, she watched Rainbow take Skyla to Fluttershy's door, and knock on it. Fluttershy got up, and vanished from Twilight's view. Seconds later the door opened, and Rainbow and Skyla made their way into the house. In a flash of magic, Discord was suddenly dressed in a tuxedo, and have Skyla a deep bow, extending his claw to Skyla. Rainbow seemed to disapprove of Skyla meeting Discord, as she had a frown on her face, and seemed to exchange a word with Fluttershy, who in turn spoke to Discord. Discord rolled his eyes, and in a flash of magic, disappeared. Fluttershy spoke quickly to Rainbow, who nodded, and have her piece. Then, Fluttershy, Rainbow and Skyla made their way to the table where Fluttershy was previously talking with Discord.

"Hello, Twilight! What brings you here on this fine day?"

Twilight gave a short scream, and for the second time that day, lept back in shock. She turned towards the source of the voice, only to have her eyes fall upon Discord, who seemed to have shed his tuxedo, and was smiling his usual all-cheerful smile.

"Hello, Discord." Twilight muttered.

"Hello, Twilight!" Discord boomed. "We wouldn't happen to be stalking a friend, now would we?" Twilight groaned aloud.

"No, I'm not stalking anypony." She growled. "I'm observing Rainbow. That's all."

"Ah! Would it happen to have anything to do with her sister?" Discord asked cheerfully. "I think she's just wonderful! She at least has more of a sense of humor then you all put together."

Twilight ignored Discord's comment, and turned back towards the house. She put the binoculars back up to her eyes, and continued to study the interactions between the three ponies. Suddenly, a telescope entered her view. Her head spun to the right, finding Discord dressed in a white lab coat, with a clipboard floating in the air, filled with sketches of daisy sandwiches. Discord himself was holding a ridiculously long telescope, which seemed to extend right up to Fluttershy's house.

"Discord!" Twilight hissed, "I'm trying to verify my hypotheses, and I don't need you messing it up!" Discord sighed, making the telescope vanish. Suddenly, he snapped his fingers, making a light bulb appear over his head.

"I know!" He exclaimed, "Would you like some audio to go along with this?" Before Twilight could react, Discord snapped his fingers, causing a speaker to appear next to Twilight.

"Oh," Fluttershy's voice sounded from the speaker, "you can probably visit Discord tom-,"

Twilight clasped her hooves over her head, her anger rising. "Discord!" Twilight exclaimed. "I'm trying to make observations, and I don't want to be interrupted! You've already messed up a lot of time I could have had so far, and I need all the time to spare!"

Discord groaned aloud. "Fine, fine. I'll let you go." He grumbled, and vanished in a flash of magic once more. Twilight took a deep breath, and let it out slowly. She then turned back towards Fluttershy's cottage, and pressed the binoculars up to her eyes. By that time, Rainbow had left the cottage with Skyla closely following her.

Curses! Twilight grumbled to herself. Discord held me for too long! Now I have to delay my research until tomorrow! Putting away her clipboard, she slung her saddlebags over herself once again, and put her binoculars around her neck. She made her way back towards the library. I'll have to send a letter to Celestia, asking for her to make Discord send friendship reports!

Author's Note:

I apologize if this chapter was not as great as the previous ones before it, and I'm sorry if it was rushed. I'm struggling a bit with writers block, and today my cousin gets married, and I wanted to hammer out a chapter before the wedding.