• Published 28th Jun 2015
  • 347 Views, 82 Comments

Diaries of a Traitor part 2: The Elements of Disharmony - Paradox Theory



Swift and friends travel across Equestria to find the Elements of Disharmony before they start a war.

  • ...
 82
 347

Chapter 13: In Zebrica.

"Where are you? What do you mean by mended?" I shouted out, looking round for the voice's owner.

Then the ground began to rumble, the remainder of Cruelty's forces started running. Then, with a loud BOOM a creature emerged from the sands. It seemed like a giant scorpion, but it had a face of some sort on it, hidden in plain sight.

"I mean, my mistake is being corrected, Aurora." The creature's deep voice intoned.

"You. . .know my name?" I wondered aloud.

"I do. You see, when I made duplicates of the gems on the tree, I had received a vision of the last great battle. If my vision does not happen, then it seems Cardinal Sin will have won." It answered.

"You. . you were the one writing those journals?" I shouted in surprise.

"I was. And I have been expecting you. Now, listen closely: You're next target is Deceit. He is a terrible pony, he is loyal to no pony. Even Cardinal has a hard time of controlling him." The creature told us. "Deceit waits for you in Zebrica. He knows of your plans. And I have no doubt he knows that you've already defeated Cruelty."

"Well, we're kind of lost at the moment. We have no idea of how to get there." Second Sun informed the creature.

"Ah, but you are not lost, dear Sun." The creature chuckled. "After all, I did just say I was expecting you."

"So, I don't think you know the way to Zebrica?" I asked the creature.

"Actually, I do know the way." The creature replied, he lowered he body to the sand, "Climb on, I'll take you there myself."

So we all scrambled onto his back.

"Now, hold on dear ponies, the ride won't be smooth." The creature warned us before taking off across the desert.

"So, who amongst us has to go up against Deceit?" Tourmaline shouted over the roaring sands.

"Why, that would be you my dear." The creature replied.

"M-me?" Tourmaline stammered.

"That makes sense. You joined us with the intent to frame us for treachery, then you swore to Swift that you would only say the honest truth." Second explained, "It has to be you."

I noticed the creature was beginning to slow. "Are we there already?" I shouted to him.

"Yes." The creature responded, "After this, I cannot help."

"We understand." Slate answered, hopping off of the creature once it came to a complete stop.

"Aurora. What lies in the city is of vital importance, do not lose it." The creature told me as I climbed down from it.

"W-what is in the city?" I asked it.

The creature chuckled. "I'm afraid I can't say." He turned away from the city, "Good luck."

And with that, he was gone.

I looked around our group, and they looked back at me.

With a deep breath, I entered Zebrica.


It seems the Zebra's were waiting for us.

When we reached the city gates, we were met with much cheering and praise. I heard several words that were spoken in a strange language.

The chieftain, Jabari Oba, had said that he had heard great things about us, and couldn't wait to hear more.

"We welcome these heroes to our fair city, may their time here be great!" Oba announced to his people.

The zebras cheered in agreement as Oba led us to his palace.

"I do hope you all enjoy your time here." Oba told us as we walked to the war camber.

"I actually wanted to ask you a question," I told Oba, "Who told you about us?"

"A stallion. One who made a tough decision. One who followed his heart, and was rewarded." Oba explained.

"He didn't give a name?" Sempra repeated.

"No, he didn't my dear." Oba clarified. "But, he's just inside the war chamber."

"You mean he's here?" Second asked.

Oba pushed open the chamber doors. "See for your self."

I walked into the room. It was well kept. It had seat cushions arranged around a table which depicted Equestria on it.

And there, standing next to the table, was a silver-coated Stallion with dark green hair. He turned to look at me, and I nearly stopped breathing.

Looking back at me, his horn glowing blue, was none other then the stallion I missed the most.

Swift Justice was an alicorn. And he was alive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My friends." Swift spoke softly, standing from his seat. "I've been waiting."

Oba bowed to Swift, before speaking, "Prince, I present to you your friends of which you spoke."

Swift nodded to him, "I can see that. And now that they are here, I can tell them what's been decided."

I slowly walked up to Swift and stared him in the eyes for a few moments. Then I raised my hoof, and slapped him.

"Ow! What was that for?" Swift asked.

"That was for leaving me." I told him before pulling him close to kiss him. "And that's for coming back."

Swift gave me a grin, "Well, me being back isn't the only good news. Oba has agreed to send his forces to aid Equestria."

"He has?" Tourmaline wondered.

"I have indeed, ponies." Oba answered, "Only after a certain pony is dealt with."

"Deceit," Swift said. "He's here in Zebrica."

"We heard." Second retorted.

"But he isn't alone. He brought an army." Oba explained. "He seeks to make us fall before we even leave our home."

"I can keep most of the army at bay with a shield. But only defeating Deceit will stop them." Swift explained.

"Ponies, a battle comes. We need to be strong, sturdy, resilient. But most of all, we need to have faith. Faith, that we survive this as the winners!" Oba told all of us.

"For Zebrica, and Equestria!" Swift cheered.

"FOR ZEBRICA, AND EQUESTRIA!"

Author's Note:

Whoo. . back to this. Been awhile.

Now let's get ready for a battle!

Comments ( 2 )

FINALLY!

It seems a bit rushed, but eh. Whatever.

~Wywint

6538069 Yeah. I felt the same way.

Login or register to comment