• Published 26th Jun 2015
  • 2,359 Views, 29 Comments

The Princess of Friendship Works Part Time? - smxsonic



Twilight is stuck in the human world After Equestria Girls

  • ...
5
 29
 2,359

Aftermath Part 2

Twilight ran across the city, cursing her cell phone for dying. For one, her alarm didn't go off, so she had to have Sunset wake her up. For two, now she didn’t have anything to keep track of time for her, so now she was just stuck running to work.

Twilight did earn 5th place in The Running of the Leaves, But she was pacing herself, and she wasn’t involved in AJ and Rainbow’s weekly conflict.

Yes, time in the human world had jaded the former princess, some would even say she’s gone native, Sunset has. Nonetheless, she would mark her calendar off, day by day waiting for the portal to re-open.

She had just walked up to her work; A Book/Novelty store called Quickenings. She entered into the employee’s entrance and clocked in.

“Almost late again, Sparkle?” A voice cooed. A familiar hat peaked around the door, with a smile bent on mischief.

“Hi, Trixie,” Twilight said in a bored tone.

“Think fast!” Trixie shouted, before unleashing a small whirlwind of brightly colored handkerchiefs in Twilight’s direction.

Twilight froze, and was hit with several knotted ropes of brightly colored kerchief. With an exaggerated sigh, she blew one of the flag-of-all-nations off of her face. Yeah. That’s about how this week was going.

The Trixie of this world was a bit more unhinged than the one back in ponyville. Well, more unhinged than the version without the Alicorn Amulet. During the first week of school, The Magician had declared herself “Twilight Sparkle’s eternal rival”, What ever that meant. Twilight got the rest of the things she needed to start work as she thought about her first week in the Human world


Twilight was nervous as she was led to the psychologist’s door. That last night and today has been emotionally draining on her. Talking wasn’t on the top of her priorities. Nothing really topped her priorities.

“Okay, Twilight, we’re at the door.” Sunset said, positioning the lavender girl in front of the psychologist’s door, “Please, at least try to talk,”

Twilight stayed silent, but she did give a faint nod.

“Okay, Well, I have to get to my community service,” Sunset said, trying to be as delicate as possible, “So I’ll be going now.”

Sunset tiptoed away from Twilight cautiously waiting from the quiet girl to do some thing. Twilight knocked on the door, which allowed sunset to get back to her work.

“Come in,” a calm, chipper, yet commanding voice called from the other side of the door. Twilight could also detect something familiar about the voice.
The doors opened to reveal a young woman, dressed in a pink pantsuit, her hair in a multitude of yellow, lavenders, and a few pinks. Her pink face was being framed by a pair of elegant glasses as she read through a file. Her appearance struck a chord with Twilight.

“Ms. Sparkle?” The woman asked, looking up from her papers.

Twilight nodded, now that her voice wasn’t being filtered through a door, it struck another chord in the former pony.

“Please, Come in, I am Mrs. Mi Amore Cadenza,” The woman stated in a strangely Fun-loving tone that betrayed her professional attire, “But, please, Call me-”

“CADENCE!” Twilight interrupted as she hugged the woman. It was then, when the former princess who had not shown any emotion for near 24 hours began to bawl as if her favorite TV show was ending.

Cadence stood there dumbfounded at what just happened. She softened up as she let the girl hugging her cry it out.

Cadence led Twilight to the sofa that lined the back of the office, while the still crying girl was starting babbling incoherently about Crystal Empires, Magic Mirrors, and crowns. Cadence pulled out a box of tissues and waited for Twilight to calm down.

It was a good 5 minutes before Twilight started to calm down, as witnessed by the used tissues surrounding the unfortunate teen.

“ I’m sorry for that,” Twilight finally said, “ It’s just you reminded me a lot of my sister-in-law”

“It’s alright, really,” Cadence replied cheerfully, “From the sound of it, you really need it.”

Cadence took a closer look at Twilight.

“Now that you mention it, You do look like my sister-in-law,You even share a name,”

“Well, uh, heh, there’s a good explaination for that, I mean it sounds unbelieveable but-”

“You’re a pony princess from a magical land of magical ponies?”

Twilight stared wide-eyed at her psychologist.

“How…”

“Principal Celestia gave me a file with a quick rundown of things,” Cadance explained, while waving a folder labeled, in big red friendly bold letters: “ I swear I am not making this up; I am not Insane I promise you”.

“I have to admit, it was a little bit hard to believe, but the fact that you are a carbon copy of my husband’s adorable little sister is making me believe.” Cadence’s voice, while still cheerful, carried a weight of professionalism.

Twilight laughed nervously, “Well I guess I can drop that pretense.”

“I’m to assume that you have a Cadence in your world, with a similar relationship?”

“Well, yes, my Cadence used to be my foal-” Twilight coughed to correct herself, “Um… Babysitter, and then she married my older brother, She’s also a princess.”

Cadence cocked an eyebrow, “Those are really staggering parallels,”

“Oh Please don’t tell this world’s Twilight any of this, I tried to talk to myself before , It didn’t turn out well…. I called myself Impossible”

Choosing to ignore that line of thought, Cadence made a zipping motion across her lips.

“Patient Confidentiality!” She declared, “Although, you shouldn’t be too worried, Although my Twily had been a adorable little ball of happiness when I baby sat her, Nowadays she just holed away in her ‘secret lab’ doing something or other.”

“How did I ever become a princess,” Twilight thought to herself.

“ So, Celestia tells me you were having a hard time adjusting?” Cadence asked, getting back to point.

“Oh, er, well, It’s not so much adjusting… it’s more… I’m…. Stuck here…” Twilight trailed off.

“Stuck here?” Cadence asked, flipping open her notebook.

“The mirror portal only opens for 3 days, every thirty moons,” Twilight explained, “I … Missed that deadline”

“So because you couldn’t go back home, you became despondent” Cadence’s tone was soft but leading.

“Well, my friends in the human world are great, but they're not my pony friends, I mean they are … but… They're not the friends I had gone on adventures with. They were barely speaking to each other when I got here!”

“It seems you’re overthinking the differences between the versions of your friends” Cadance said, “They’re still your friends, I’m sure there were things you liked about them for them to become your friends?”

Twilight was taken aback at this. She never really considered the circumstances of her friendships with the other Element bearers. When she first met them they were just obstacles in her way of stopping Nightmare Moon from coming back. Was it just a twist of fate that those five ponies would be her closest friends? Maybe if She was more social, maybe her canterlot friends would have become the Elements of Harmony.

“Twilight?” Cadence called out,

“Huh, What?” Twilight shook her head of her thoughts.

“You went quiet, Is there anything you want to tell me?”

“Oh, Uh, No, no!” Twilight stammered nervously.

Cadence eyed Twilight carefully before leaning back into her chair, “Anyway, I just wanted to say, that now you’re here for awhile, It’ll help to look at the similarities of between the worlds rather than the differences.”

Twilight nodded dumbly.

Cadence looked up at the clock in her office, “Well, It’s almost time for the school to close, I would like to talk to you some more through, Twilight.”

“O-okay” Twilight said.

“I’d be Okay if you keep seeing me after school, If you're anything like my Twily then I know you won’t want to miss your classes!”

“Th-thanks, Cadence”
Cadence walked Twilight to the door.

“Where are you staying? Do you need a ride?” Cadence asked as she opened the door.

“Oh, that’s alright… I’m staying with Sunset Shimmer.” Twilight Responded.

“Hmm… Sunset Shimmer” Cadence mused while tapping her finger on her chin, “I’m going to have to remember to call her in for a psych eval.”

Twilight cocked an eyebrow. Was Cadence being protective, or just zealous about her job?

“Well, Be safe, Twily!”

A pregnant pause filled the air as those words rang out.

“Uhhh…” Cadence backpedaled, “Is it okay if I call you Twily?

“I think I would prefer that” Twilight said, smiling as she exited the office ready to face her new life, for the next 30 moons.

Author's Note:

I was debating whether to write more, but I figured That I'd leave a bit of mystery .