• Published 27th Jun 2015
  • 292 Views, 3 Comments

Dust Bunnies and Dirty Clothes - Steadfast Hoof



A daily writing and art exercise.

  • ...
 3
 292

Diet

Prompt: Diet



“It’s okay twilight, I can go eat in the basement if this keeps bothering you so much.” Spike hissed civilly through clenched teeth.

Twilight had to repress another gag with her hoof before settling enough to roll her eyes around the table to settle on the simpering dragon across her. It did nothing for the smell but she soldiered on, ”N-no Spike. We already talked about this,” she was able to regain most of her composure by breathing through her mouth. “You’re a growing dragon and therefore your diet needs to change to help. It doesn’t bother me, really, go ahead.”

Spike gave her plastic smile a flat stare. Never breaking eye contact he quickly cut a piece of his pork chop and swallowed. Twilight dry heaved over the side of the table.

“that’s it, I’m leaving,” Spike said as he got up with his plate walking away. He stopped as a shaking hoof raised over the lip of the table and noodled for him to stop.

“wait, wait, you were at least able to get it to your mouth this time, that should count for something,” Twilight wheezed.

Spike sighed dragging a claw across his face. “I seriously don’t see what the big deal is twilight. Big mac, and all the other stallions eat fish to help with their protein. Whats wrong with me eating a little meat.”

“Nothing! I don’t understand myself! its just some seared severed flesh from another animal wh-HRGGH”

Spike continued walking away, “I’ll bring the dishes up when I’m done twi”

“y-yea, that’s probably for the best.”