• Published 24th Jun 2015
  • 8,505 Views, 253 Comments

Naruto: Canterlot High chronicles - Narutomate storm



Naruto's life might become more unpredictable as he is now on the Equestria Girls universe with hilarity and shenanigans ensuring.

  • ...
46
 253
 8,505

A lesson in music

Naruto and Rainbow continues to eat their ramen while still hand standing on the table and everyone watches on. The two rivals would also bicker while they were eating.

Rainbow was almost finished with her bowl. "Almost there!"

"I'm the one who's gonna WIN!!" Naruto shouted.

"No I WILL!" Rainbow countered as the eating gets wilder to the point where soup rains out of their mouths.

Applejack tilts her hat forward to protect herself from the shower of soup. "Geez..where did Naruto got that energy? He's a lot wilder than Apple bloom when she's in "hanging out with her friends" mode," she commented.

"But despite his rowdy way of eating his charisma is rather unique, just like his outfit!" Rarity said as she adds the finishing colors to her drawing of Naruto's tracksuit.

"Ah guess so," Applejack replied smiling. "But it's not just that Rare, Naruto's like a nine year old stuck in a man's body," she added snickering.

However Rarity spots faint red circles on the cowgirls cheeks. "Oh my, has Applejack finally found her crush?" She teased.

"W-what?! N-no! Ah just think he's an annoying idiot, End of story!" Applejack replied with her blush increased drastically which made the seamstress giggle.

"Your skills at lying truly are horrendous Applejack," Rarity teased again as the blonde rubbed her cheeks pouting. "If you don't like him how come your cheeks are red?" She added.

"They're not red!" Applejack comedically yelled before sighing. "Okay..maybe just a little," she admitted.

This made Rarity titter again before returning to her drawing. "Hmm...Maybe I should add some variants on the color?" She thought.

Meanwhile Naruto and Rainbows race comes to a close as they stood back to their feet.

"Heh I won!" Naruto shouted whole stretching his arms out.

"In your dreams whiskers I won!" Rainbow countered with a smirk.

"Me!"

"Me!"

"Me times two!"

"Me times infinite!"

The two continues to bicker until twilight intervenes. "Wait! Your bowls still have some soup left so how about whoever has the least amount of soup is the loser," she suggested since there's still mere inches of soup left to which they agreed on.

Twilight then grabs a small ruler from her pocket and measures the amount of soup with her keen eye. Half a minute later she was done.

"So who won?! Who won?!" Naruto eagerly asked.

"Yeah who?!" Rainbow seconded.

"Nobody won, both amounts are the same," Twilight replied.

It took a second for Naruto to get the picture. "E-EEhhhhhhhh?!"

"T-then it's a tie?!" Rainbow asked.

"Eeyup," Twilight replied as she went back to her seat. "But I think you guys are lucky because when you always win you'll won't even think about improving your tactics," Twilight explained.

"Mmmm...I don't think "lucky" is the right term when you lose," Naruto whined while scratching his cheek.

"I know right," Rainbow replied.

"But she's kinda right you two," Applejack stated. "Ah mean think about it when you lose you'll learn where you messed up so that y'all can fix it in a lickety split," She further explained.

"Guess your right about that one," Naruto and Rainbow said simultaneously causing them to 'jinx' each other.

Pinkie pie suddenly pops in front of them. "And the Naruto-Rainbow rival score is now tied to 1!"

"Hehe! This is gonna be fun!" Naruto said as he and Rainbow high-fived.

"Yeah! And I'm gonna have the highest score!" Rainbow declared.

"Heh! We'll see about that!" Naruto smirked. "Oh by the way Pinkie can I have some of that cake?" He added.

"YOU'RE STILL NOT FULL?!" Everyone asked in disbelief.

--------------------------------------------
After a minute of cake and ramen Naruto's bottomless stomach was finally content. "Ahhhhh that was good!"

But Applejack's wallet was almost empty since she payed most of his meal. "Ah really need to stop being in charge of the bill," she sighed.

This made Naruto laugh nervously. "S-sorry about that AJ I'll bring my own cash next time," he said which brightened her up a little.

"Well you better cause ah'm not yer personal ATM," she replied.

This made Naruto confused. "ATM? does it mean Alien Tank Monster?"

"No it means Automated teller machine," Twilight explained. "Why did you asked? have you ever seen one before?"

"Wait do ninjas even use an ATM?" Pinkie and Rainbow asked.

Naruto began sweating. "Me and my big mouth," he mentally murmured before breaking off his trance. "Y-yeah of course we do, I just didn't know what it meant,"

Suddenly Rainbow remembered something. "Hey Naruto there's still time for you to play that guitar!" she screamed.

This caused Naruto rises from his seat. "Alright guys lets get back to the uhhh..what was that room again?" This made everyone collapse in disbelief at his forgetfulness.

"The Band room!" they all yelled.

Flash then gets up from his seat. "Well i need to get back with my band so guess i'll be seeing ya guys," he waved.

"See ya later Flash!" Naruto replied as he and the girls waved back .
-----------------------------------------------

Everyone was now back at the band room as Naruto rushes towards his guitar. "There you are!"

"Alright play it now!" Rainbow excitedly screamed.

Naruto raises his arm up. "Here it goes!" He swings his arm downward and rushes his finger nails on the strings but it did not let out a single tune. "Hey what gives?" Naruto continues to mash his nails on the strings but to no avail.

"Is this thing broken?" Naruto asked as he shakes the instrument but the hears Applejack giggling. "Hehe I really suck do I?" He said sheepishly.

"It's okay Naruto we'll teach ya," Applejack replied.

"We will?" Asked Rainbow dash.

"Nah, just play with yer own instruments while I grow Naruto's pea sized brain," Applejack teased which made him pout in embarrassment but quickly got over it .

"Thanks a lot AJ you're the best!" Naruto happily said as the others went to their perspective instruments.

"So what's wrong with this thing Applejack?" Naruto asked, gesturing at his guitar.

"The problem ain't the guitar Naruto, the problem is you," Applejack explained.

"Eh?"

This made her sigh. "This is gonna be complicated," she murmured as she grabbed her bass guitar. "Ya need to get yer fingers to swing correctly like this," Applejack demonstrated him the correct finger movement and plays the strings accurately but she immediately enjoys her music to the point where the tune gets wild and intense.


"Uhh Applejack?" Naruto called out but was futile as she was lost in her musical trance.

"We're the RAINBOOMS!" Applejack yelled as she continues to make the music louder and remembers the battle of the bands.

"Applejack?" His words fall on deaf ears again.

"Nothin's gonna get in our way!!"

"APPLEJACK!" Naruto yelled, finally breaking her of the musical trance.

Realizing what she just did Applejack shook her head. "Woah, sorry 'bout that Naruto got a little overboard there,"

"Hehe it's okay but I almost memorized the way you moved you fingers so is it okay if you do it again?" Naruto asked to which she complied as she repeats the same pattern of her fingers on the strings.

"Oh like this?" Naruto imitates Applejack's finger movement thus allowing the guitar to let out pitch but was rather faint.

"Naruto yer doing it too hard like way too hard, that's why you can't let out a single pitch," AJ explained to the inexperienced guitarist. "Also your other set of fingers should hold down the ends of the strings to make the pitch perfect," she added.

The young ninja then repositions his fingers. "This the Rasengan all over again!" He mentally whined as he still fails to make a perfect pitch. "Agh why isn't it working? I got it on the first try earlier!"

Applejack then stood right next to him. "How 'bout I hold down the ends of the strings while you run down yer fingers?" She suggested.

"That could work!" He cheerfully replied as she holds down the different ends of the strings.

"But don't run the strings too hard," Applejack reminded to which he nods at.

"Here goes nothing!" Naruto then swings his fingernails onto the strings which finally lets out a pitch. "H-hey it worked!" He then continues the same finger movement thus intensifying the pitch.

"Now can ya do it without my help?" Applejack asked.

Naruto then puts out an unsure face. "Hmm...I guess I'll try,"

This made Applejack concerned. "Ya don't seem so sure sugarcube,"

Naruto then laughs sheepishly while scratching the back of his head. "It's just that I really appreciate the help that you've done for me ya know,"

"Of course I'll help you out Naruto, whenever someone needs help you step in and give that person a hand," Applejack explained which made him smile and chuckle. "But can you now play that guitar yer own?"

Naruto then raised up his arm and repositions the fingers holding down the strings, remembering how AJ did it. "I guess well find out," he then swings down his arm as his nails once again disturbs the metal wires, unleashing the same pitch from when Naruto fist played the guitar.

"H-hey..I did it!" Naruto shouted as Applejack stood in front of him and grabbed his hands.

"You finally did it Naruto!" She joyfully shouted as they shared a laugh together. A few seconds later Applejack realized that her hands were still in contact with Naruto's and quickly retracted them with ignited cheeks.

Naruto raised an eyebrow at this, oblivious to the cowgirls state of mind.

Suddenly Rainbow dash and the others rushed toward him. "You can finally play you guitar!" Rainbow shouted with excitement.

Naruto gives them a thumbs up. "I guess I'm officially an amateur!"

"Yeah you are!" Rainbow replied smiling.

"Hey let's all play our instruments together!" Pinkie suggested.

"That's a great idea Pinkie," said Twilight as the others agreed.

"Well let's go while we still have the time!" Naruto and Rainbow shouted causing them to 'jinx' each other again.

"Ha! I jinxed you first so you owe me a soda!" Rainbow declared.

"Heh! I jinxed you first so you owe me ten bowls of ramen!" Naruto countered.

"I won!"

"No I won!!"

"Me!"

"Me!"

"Me!!"

"Me!!"

The two would comedically bicker again as the girls laughed nervously while Applejack sighed and facepalmed but giggled. "Idiots,"