• Published 22nd May 2012
  • 6,200 Views, 112 Comments

A New World - Dream Searcher



Due to a failed spell of Twilight, the ponies (and spike) are now trapped on earth.

  • ...
20
 112
 6,200

Ain't no party like a Pinkie Pie party

I stood in a large field feeling the wind in my hair. The sun was setting, but it still felt warm. Next to me was a forest I hadn’t seen before. I could see a creature standing at the edge of the forest, it was a wolf made of timber. I looked around and saw a little village and a bit further a farm. This seemed like a nice place. I sat down, but I heard a voice. “Jack, where are you?” It was Rainbow’s voice. I saw her walking near the forest. I ran towards her. “I’m here.” I said, trying to get her attention, but it seemed like she didn’t hear me. I stopped just before her face, but she didn’t see me. “Rainbow, it’s me.” Now she was looking at me, but it wasn’t for long. She ran away, closer to the forest. I saw the wolf running towards her. “Noooo!” I screamed, but it was to no avail, she was already grabbed by the wolf and dragged inside the forest. I wanted to enter the forest, but a large white horse landed in front of me, her hair was going with the wind. She pushed me on the ground and pressed her horn against my chest, everything went black.

*****

I woke up and looked at my clock: 3.28AM. I turned around to see if Rainbow was still lying next to me. She was, but she was looking at me with concerned eyes. It seemed that I had awoken her.

“Is everything alright?” I saw the worry in her eyes.

“Yes… it was… just a bad dream.” I said, still recovering from my nightmare.

“Do you want to talk about it?” She seemed calmer and laid her head back on the pillow.

It didn’t seem to be a good idea to say that she had been grabbed by a wolf, so I decided to take the safe way. “No, I’ll be fine, I’m just gonna watch some TV to set my mind on different things.”

I tried to get up, but I felt a hoof grabbing my arm. I looked back to see that Rainbow had her seductive face on. “You’re not going anywhere without a kiss.” She pulled me back into bed.

I complied and gave her a kiss, just when I was about to get off the bed, she gave me another one. She didn’t want to stop kissing and so it lasted for about 5 minutes. I didn’t want to kiss anymore; my mind was still stuck on the dream. When she tried to kiss me again, I quickly pulled away and she instantly gave me her ‘did I do something wrong’ look.

I knew exactly what she was trying to say. “No, you didn’t do anything wrong. I just… need some time alone to think my dream over.

She nodded and put her head back on the pillow. I went out of the room and closed the door. Instead of watching TV, I grabbed a bottle of Scotch and poured me a drink. What did that dream mean, is something going to happen to me or to Rainbow? Was it just a nightmare like any other? And who was that white horse? By the time I said to myself that it was just a nightmare, the bottle of Scotch was already half empty. I felt dizzy and I tried to get off of my chair. I stood up and began losing my balance.

“Oh God.” I said drunkenly and fell over. I didn’t even feel the fall as I was already asleep before I hit the ground.

*****

I felt someone nuzzling my face, this was disturbed when I heard a voice. “You… wan… ge… up… ow. I didn’t even hear the sentence completely, I was wasted.

But with some willpower and some help, I got up and sat myself back in the chair that I was sitting on in the night. I opened my eyes, the light was very painful, and saw Rainbow standing in front of me. She was still trying to help me balance on my chair. I began to sober up.

“Now tell me what you really did in the night.” She was smiling, although a bit worried.

“I drank.” I replied with a drunken smile.

“I can see and smell that.” She chuckled. “Let’s get you into bed, it’s only 7AM.”

She helped me going to the bedroom and putting me back into bed. She laid some blankets over me and just stared at me. “It must have been a very bad dream to get you so drunk.” I barely even caught that sentence as I was already almost snoring. The last thing I felt was Rainbow laying against me.

*****

I opened my eyes and my head felt like it had just been hit by an iron anvil. I slowly got up and I was surprised I could stand. I watched at my clock and read: 2PM. Damn, I’m never going to drink Scotch again. I looked around the room for Rainbow, but she wasn’t in the room. I went to my living room and saw her in the kitchen. She was preparing some food. Rainbow was humming a tune while she was cutting the carrots, the knife in her mouth. I just sat down on a chair, waiting for her to turn around. She was so beautiful, even with her back turned to me. She turned around, looking a bit surprised.

“So, you’re here and you don’t help me?” She smiled. “Well, I guess I can let it slip this time, but I expect a repayment.”

She placed a salad in front of me, together with a fork and a knife. “Don’t you eat?” I asked, because she was just sitting in front of me.

“I already have, but tell me why you were so drunk last night.” Her face was full of worry, she really cared about me.

“I don’t really want to talk about it.”

She said she understood, but one part of me wanted to tell her, because this wasn’t a normal nightmare. I ate some salad and wanted to compliment her about her cooking skills, but a pink pony prevented me from doing so. She came through the door, bouncing.

“Hey, I just came from Twilight and she told me to tell you guys to come to her house, something about a letter from the Princess.” She said this without even stopping to breathe.

Before I could answer, she was already gone, as quick as she came. I turned my head to Rainbow. “Your cooking skills are extraordinary, but right now I’m going to get changed.”

“I’ll wait for you outside."

*****

We arrived at the tree, I still had some problems with balancing while crouched, but Rainbow helped me. Everyone was already in Twilight’s house and they seemed very active, Pinkie Pie style. We entered and Twilight immediately began.

“I received a letter from the Princess.” She was smiling. “Spike, read it.”

Spike did as he was told.

My faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.
I want to inform you that I’ve found a spell that could bring you and your friends back to Equistria, unfortunately the human can’t come with you. The decision is entirely up to you. You can find the spell at the end of this letter, do know that you have only one month to use the spell, otherwise you will be forever trapped in the human world.
Princess Celestia.

Nobody said anything, we just looked at each other. Twilight took the letter from Spike and read it again.

“Well, we can go home now.” Twilight said smiling, although it wasn’t very convincing.

“That’s… good.” I said, feeling sad. I had to give my friends and my lover back.

There was a silence, everyone looked at the ground, and even Pinkie was now silent. I could hear a small sobbing, it was Rainbow. She cried in front of her friends and they had a surprised look on their faces.

“Rainbow? Are you crying?” Twilight asked, stepping closer to Rainbow.

“Yes, I am crying!” She said angrily. “And you know why? Because just when I have a special someone, I need to leave.” Now she was crying her heart out. “I don’t want to leave. I want to stay here with him.” I said nothing.

“Actually, ah don’t want ta leave either. I like this place.” Applejack said.

“Me neither, I still need to throw a lot of parties. Pinkie was back her usual hyperactive self.

“I… um… I also don’t want to leave, these animals need more care than the animals in Equestria.” For once Fluttershy said her opinion.

“I want to open a fashion line under a false name; these people need some Rarity fashion.” Rarity was the last of the group to speak.

“Well, if everypony wants to stay here then who am I to complain, we’ll return to this decision in a month. Now, you two.” Twilight pointed a hoof at us. “I’m happy for you, but don’t you think it’s a bit strange to have a relationship between different species.”

Before Rainbow could even open her mouth, I already spoke. “I had the same feeling when I noticed that there was love hanging in the air, but I told myself that ponies are also people with feelings, they just look different.”

“I think this calls for a party, a ‘we can stay’ party and a ‘love’ party!” Pinkie Pie screamed.

Everyone agreed that a party was a good idea. Pinkie needed some party supplies, so I decided to go to the supermarket. Rainbow asked if she could come with me but I told her that wasn’t such a good idea. I told her that people would freak out if they saw her. She said she understood and so I went to the supermarket.

*****

In the supermarket I saw a bottle of red wine; I thought it would be a good idea to have a romantic evening with Rainbow after the party. Now I just needed some balloons. I found the balloons and went to the checkout aisle, everything went fluently and so I exited the supermarket. As I approached my car, I saw a man walking towards me. He grabbed me by the neck and pushed my head against the car. There was no one on the parking and I couldn’t scream for help, because he pointed a gun at me.

“Give me your money!” He yelled in my ear.

I did what I was told and gave him my wallet. He lowered his gun to take my wallet and he accidently pulled the trigger. Bastard shot me in the foot. I screamed from pain. This alerted a nearby person who wanted to go to his car, he immediately ran towards me, the bastard had already fled.

“I’ll bring you to a hospital.” The man said.

“No, no hospitals, I hate hospitals. Just… drop me off at home, I have a first aid kit there.

“What about the bullet?” The man asked while he was putting me in the passenger seat of my car.

“My dad fought in the Iraq war, he told me how to remove a bullet. I can handle myself once I get home.”

*****

And so the man brought me to my house. When we arrived I thanked him and he walked back to the supermarket, luckily my groceries weren’t stolen or I could say goodbye to my romantic evening with Rainbow, if it can continue. I entered my house and saw Rainbow smiling until she saw that my foot was covered in blood. She ran towards me and I sat down on a chair.

“What happened? You aren’t going to die, are you?”

“No, I’m not going to die. There was a man, he stole my wallet and shot me in the foot, oh God it hurts. Can you get the first aid kit from the kitchen?” She immediately ran towards the kitchen.

After a minute she spoke. “It’s not here.”

“Damn, then go get Twilight. Maybe she can do something.” She ran outside and flew towards Twilight’s house. I looked at my foot, it was worse than I thought and it hurt like hell.

In less than three minutes Rainbow was back and with Twilight. “That doesn’t look too good.” Twilight said.

“No shit, Sherlock. Sorry, but please could you get this bullet, it’s a small object that can kill people, out of my foot, my first aid kit is missing.

“Alright, I will try.” Twilight came closer to me and used her levitation magic on the bullet. She didn’t see where the bullet was so sometimes she touched a nerve, I screamed in pain. After a while the bullet was out of my foot, she levitated a blanket and wrapped it tightly around my foot to stop the bleeding.

“Well, that should stop the bleeding. How did it happen.” Twilight asked, sitting right in front of me. Rainbow was lying on the ground next to me, like she wanted to protect me.

I stroked Rainbow’s mane. “There was a man and he pointed a gun at me and he demanded to give him my wallet. I did what I was told, until that idiot accidently pulled the trigger and the bullet went right in my foot. I’m lucky it was there and not somewhere else and of course the groceries are safe.”

“You get shot and the only things you think about are your groceries, I like your optimism.” She said while she was cocking me an eyebrow.

“Yes, because I have something special planned for this evening, for Rainbow and me.” Rainbow looked up, smiling.

“Rainbow, could you give me my crutches, they are in the bedroom.”

She went to the bedroom and came back with some crutches, I placed them under my armpits and got up, it wasn’t that difficult. I took the bag full of groceries and placed it on the table, I took the wine out of the bag. Then I took the bag again and went outside towards Pinkie’s house, the two ponies following me. “What you’ve just seen is one of the bad things about this world; there are many bad people on Earth.” They just kept being silent.

*****

We arrived at Pinkie’s house, I knocked on the door. I didn’t have to wait 2 seconds, the door opened.

“Hey Jack, do you have the supplies… What happened to your foot?” She asked, her happiness has now disappeared.

“I got shot, don’t worry about it.” I gave her the bag.

“Can you still come to my party? It wouldn’t be the same without you.”

“Of course, but I’m going to sit down during the party, this foot needs to rest.”

“Ok then, see you later.” She closed the door.

I said goodbye to Twilight, everyone needed to get ready for the party. Rainbow went with me, at my pace. It took a while to get back to the house and when I finally got there, it felt like my arms were going to give up. Luckily Rainbow helped me with walking. I immediately changed into my party clothes and laid down on the couch, Rainbow was lying on my chest, she wasn’t so heavy. I slept until it was time for the party.

*****

It was 6 PM, party time. My foot was getting better and it seemed that Twilight’s magic could also heal. I knocked on the door of Pinkie Pie, Rainbow was standing next to me. Pinkie opened the door and let us in, everyone was already there. I saw a chair and I immediately sat down, my foot still hurt too much to be able to stand for long. Rainbow left my side to talk with Fluttershy, Twilight was coming to me, Spike on her back.

“How’s your foot?” She asked while looking at my foot.

“It’s better, I think your magic has some healing abilities.”

“I have? I didn’t know that.” She was very happy to hear that her magic could also heal. “Let me get you some punch.” With her magic she filled a glass full of punch.

“Thanks.”

While I was drinking I heard a familiar song playing, it was Catgroove. I liked that song very much, but in my current state I couldn’t dance. I looked around the room, Rainbow was talking to Fluttershy. Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie were dancing and Twilight and Spike were standing next to me. I felt a bit left out until Pinkie screamed. “And now the gifts for Rainbow and Jack.”

“Wait, what? Rainbow and I said together.

“We got you two some presents, this is your party.” Pinkie replied while getting the presents.

The first present was from Twilight, it was a book: How to live happily ever after. “Thanks Twilight.” Rainbow said. The next one was from Rarity, it was a carpet with the words ‘Jack and Dash’ embroidered on it. “Thanks Rarity, this one is going in the bedroom.” She smiled. The third one was from Applejack, it was an apple, but not a normal apple. The apple was rainbow colored and had a J carved in it. I gave Applejack a wink and she gave me a wink back. Now it was Fluttershy’s turn. She gave us a plant grown in the form of a heart. “It must have taken some time to grow that.” I asked. “I had a suspicion that you two were close, so I decided to already make a present.” Fluttershy answered. The last present was from Pinkie, it was a giant cake almost as high as the ceiling. On the sides it spelled: J+RD. “Thanks Pinkie.” Rainbow said.

“Now attack everyone, the cake isn’t going to eat itself.” Pinkie said, already cutting a piece of the cake.

And so the evening passed, eating cake, the ponies dancing, Spike and I talking about Earth and Equestria. He didn’t seem like someone who liked parties, he just came here because he had to for Twilight. But he was alright, a bit like me when I was little. It quickly became 11 PM and Spike was getting tired.

“I think I’m going to go, Spike is sleeping.” Twilight said, looking at Spike who was sleeping on my lap. “Thanks for letting him sleep on your lap.”

“It’s nothing, I think I am also going home, my foot is starting to hurt again. Dash, are you coming with me?” I was looking at Rainbow who was talking with Rarity.

“Yes, of course.” She said goodbye and followed me outside. “What about our presents?”

“We’ll get them tomorrow.” And so we walked home.

We arrived at the house and I let her inside, I came after her. I told her to sit on the couch while I grabbed 2 glasses and the bottle of red wine. I placed the glasses and the bottle on the table in front of the couch and lit the fireplace. I walked back to the couch and sat next to her while I was uncorking the bottle. When it was uncorked I poured some wine in the glasses and gave one glass to her.

“Well, well, well, are we setting the mood for something?” She smiled at me and her eyes had again that seductive look.

“Oh, you’ll see.” We put our glass together and toasted. “To us.”

We drank a sip of the glass and placed our glasses on the table. She came towards me and sat on my lap, her hooves over my shoulders. She leaned to me and began kissing me, this was going to be a great night.