• Published 7th Jul 2015
  • 348 Views, 3 Comments

Life in ponyville: Back from Manehattan - Lightning Crystal



Back from Manehattan Lightning Crystal is ready to surprise his friends

  • ...
14
 3
 348

1. The ride back home

Author's Note:

The Sequeal to Life in ponyville is finally here, Life in Ponyville: back from Manehattan

I stared out the window of the train, looking out into the horizon, it always made me sad to do that in Manehattan, because it would always lead to me looking to Ponyville, where my friends were. I would get letters from them every week telling me how they missed me and how they wanted me to hurry up and get done with fashion, it would make me laugh because most of the time it was Vinyl sending the ones like those, Octavia would always want to know if I was fine, Lyra wanted me to keep telling her humans existed, and Bon Bon would always warn me not to encourage Lyra. It was three moths ago that I left to Manehattan and today, i'm finally on my way back home to Ponyville.

"Excuse me, sir?" A voice said to me from behind, I turned around and saw who spoke to me was a mare. She was a pegasus, like me, she had a light blue coat with a dark blue mane and yellow eyes, I couldn't get a good look at her cutie mark.

"Yes, what is it?" I asked.

"I was wondering if I could sit here, if it's okay with you that is." She responded

"It's fine." I said and then continued to stare out the window. I stared out that window for what seemed like hours, remembering my life in Ponyville for those few short weeks.

"I'm Blue Cloud." Said the mare.

"I'm Lightning Crystal, though my friends usually called me Light or Cry." I replied. She stared at me for a few more minutes.

"You going to Ponyville?" She asked

"Yeah I am, after three months in Manehattan." I said.

"So I am assuming that means you have been to Ponyville before?" she asked.

"Yeah, lived there for a couple weeks till my acceptance letter to fashion school came in the mail." I said.

"So that's what your cutie mark means, fashion?" She asked. I looked at my cutie mark, a yellow lightning bolt made of crystal.

"Yeah, that's exactly what it means." I replied.

"That's pretty neat." She said. I stared back out the window and watched as the scenery went by, mountains, trees, rivers, and animals, all of them passed by without any hesitation. Time moved slowly, or at least that's what it seemed like to me.

"Those are some mismatched items." Blue Cloud said. I looked next to me and saw them, Octavia's cello bow, Lyra's lyre, and the album I got from Vinyl.

"Oh yeah these, I got them from some friends of mine in Ponyville." I replied.

"They don't really fit together." She said

"Yeah not really, but they still manage to bring me into their messes." I said. I sighed and looked back out the window, waiting for Ponyville to start showing itself, it would be a happy day for me. A few hours past as finally I could see it, Ponyville, I saw it clear as day. Tears started to form in my eyes as I imagined my friends, and how I would be able to see them once more. The train stopped and I ran off of the train, I kept running and running, not even caring if I ran anypony over, I just wanted to see my friends again.

After what seemed like hours I finally got to my old house, I unlocked the door with the key I had hid in the bushes and walked inside, to my surprise it was just the way I had left it when I left Ponyville, I went to my bedroom and set all of my stuff down on my old bed, I quickly laid down on it and started to weep.

"I can see my friends again." I said quietly to myself, it was a good feeling being home again, I never wanted to leave again. After that I hurried up and went to see Vinyl. I walked to her house and knocked on the door.

"Coming!" Yelled a voice from inside the house, I recognized it as Vinyl. It was a little bit until she opened the door, when she did she stood there in silence, her glasses started to fall off of her face and I was able to see her red eyes.

"Light!" She yelled and picked me up into a very strong hug. She was crying softly, she missed me so much, just as I had missed her.

"Hey Vinyl." I said as I hugged back. "Did ya miss me?" I asked sarcastically.

"Don't even start with that, I missed you so much, what are you doing here?"

"I'm here" I paused and the finally added "For good." She tightened the hug and didn't stop. I could feel her tears as she hugged me, she genuinely missed me. After she let me go we caught up, I told her about how I was the last one they accepted, and how I met this mare named Coco Pommel, Vinyl wasn't interested in anything I had to say about Manehattan, she was just glad I was back. She told me about how it was while I was gone, she said that her performances weren't what they used to be, Octavia's as well as Lyra's performance with their instruments went down in quality, and Bon Bon was making lower quality candy.

"Sounds like it was all my fault." I said

"They were just sad that you left, but you're here now, we all need to meet up again, and even that little marefriend of yours, Silver Wing, was it?" She said as she gave me this look of slyness. I gulped and shook my head to regain my composure.

"Yeah, that would be nice, let's all meet up tomorrow." I said. After a couple more hours of talking I headed back home and watched as the sun set as I was walking. By the time I reached my house it was night, I went inside and locked the door behind me. Looking around with a big grin on my face, "Ponyville, i'm back from Manehattan." I said to myself as I walked to my bedroom, and fell asleep.