• Published 18th Oct 2015
  • 3,970 Views, 71 Comments

SAE - Sword Art Equestria - The Dark Brony



Sometimes good things happen to bad people and others bad things happen to good people. whatever way you look at I am one of those cases when Bad thing happen to good people, and i will find what I have lost or die trying.

  • ...
42
 71
 3,970

Chapter 9 - The Fight For the Crystal Empire

Author's Note:

Thank you to Grand Inquisitor Sebaste for doing this crossover with his story For The Emperor And The UNSC!

*1st Person POV - Kirito*

A week after the party, we all made our way towards the northern part of Equestria along with both the Princesses, a detachment of the guard, and Liz.

We then look towards each other and change into my Spriggan form as Celestia says “Our enemy is The King Of Shadows, if he is who we think he is, you will need to be aware that he can manipulate the crystals around him and use shadows to his advantage. We have no idea how he came back but you need to be ready for anything.”

I then look back to her then say “what should we expect when we have to deal with him?”

Celestia then looks towards me and says “We hope, that monster hasn’t abused his subjects again if he has we will need to be aware that they will be in the area.”

Liz then looks at me and says “so we will need to extract any of them in the area?”

“aye, but they may be, trapp'd in chains.” replied Luna

“So they’re being used as slaves” explains Asuna

Liz then looks at her in surprise and says “wait… slaves…. but that's wrong!”

“we know… that's why we need to stop him and if we can free anyone who is in chains.” I admit

Liz then looks at Celestia and says “I want to take on the task of helping anypony who are in chains.”

I then look towards her before saying “just be careful.” I then look towards the ground to see a strange sword and an assault rifle almost completely covered in snow the ground, he then slowly reaches down to pick up the strange sword before suddenly hearing two voices say: "This is Sebastian of the Dark Angels Chapter... And I'm Spartan Sebaste-915 of the UNSC.... Together, we are humanity's last hope in the future. If you're in need of the galaxy's most powerful super-soldiers, or if you are needing to bring Death to the enemies of the Imperium and the UNSC, we will answer the call... AVE IMPERATOR, FOR THE UNSC, FOR TERRA!”

Asuna then looks towards me before asking “Are those Tokens?”

“I think they maybe… I think we need all the help we can get” I then hold the sword flat in my hand before saying “Are you there? we require your help!”

*1st Person POV - Sebaste*

“ This is not good,” I said as I looked at the wreckage, “This is gonna take for forever to fix!”

“I agree,” Sebastian said.

It was then that we heard a voice saying “Are you there? We require your help!”
And then a portal opened up underneath us.

“ Not agai-” I yelped as the two of us fell through.

*3rd person POV *

Seconds after Kirito had asked for help a small portal appeared in front of us before two human-like creatures appeared in front of the group.

“Throne, I hate that!” One of the creatures said.

Asuna then looks towards them then says “Are you two okay?”

“Yeah, we’re fine.” The other one said before doing a double take, “What the… when did we land in Warhammer Fantasy?!”

Kirito then looks at him before saying “Warhammer, What is that?”

“Sorry, I was just surprised by your appearance, you look like an elf from a tabletop miniatures game I played before getting sent to Equestria.”

He then smiled before saying “If it feels a bit strange for you, I’ll change” A small screen then appeared in front of him before he touched his GGO avatar and his body changed forms.

“Who are you guys? I don't recognize you from any games or cartoons I’ve seen…” The other figure asked them.

“well, we’re from an amine… have you ever heard of Sword Art Online?” replies Asuna.

“Nope. Never heard of it, and by the way, my name’s Sebaste, and my friend here is Sebastian, or ‘Sasha’ to his friends “ the second figure said.

“Wait, is that Church’s Token?” Sebastian asked, pointing at an Energy sword Kirito had on his belt

He then smiled as the Astartes grabbed hold of it as and says “yeah, why?”

“Let's just say he’s helping our world after a bit of a spat with some Covenant,” Sebaste said, “But, to other business, you were the one to summon us?” He then asked.

“yes I did… we need some help, tell me have you heard of the Crystal empire?” asked Kirito.

Luna then shouts “how doth thou wot we can trusteth them?!”

“Your highness, you can trust us, in our universe, we serve in the Royal Guard Reserves,” Sebastian said bluntly to her, “We’ve been protecting our world for a long time now, and we will not let it fall. As to your question, yes we have heard of the Crystal Empire.”

“Luna, I think we need to trust them… if this ‘King of Shadows’ is as dangerous as you think, we need all the help we can get... if it makes you feel better I’ll keep an eye on them for you” admits Kirito.

Luna then glared at him before saying “Fine, but don't let them leave your sight.”

He then sighed before bringing up his inventory, before a small screen appeared in front of him as he said “just click the tick and we’ll be able to keep an eye on each other.”

“Geez, suspicious much?” Sebaste asked, “ We’re not your enemies!”

“I know, but I’d rather not upset her,” admits Kirito.

“At least, our Luna was friendlier than this…” The Spartan muttered.

“So were my both my brothers Luna’s… it’s weird being one of them is the same, Luna… but he’s one thousand years in our future.”

The Spartan rolled his eyes under his helmet before tapping the tick, Sebastian doing the same. “By the way, who are your brothers?

“Well, funny thing is, one of them is Church and the other is a displaced called Craig.” admits Kirito.

Both augmented humans looked at Kirito in shock.

“You’re kidding me, right?” Sebaste said, deadpanning, “Please tell me you’re kidding…”

Asuna then sighs before saying “Do we look like we’re kidding… do you know Craig or something, Church started having a breakdown when we mentioned it when we first met.”

“I’m sure you’ve heard of the War of Shadows? Well, we serve alongside him in the Alliance, though, he gave us a hand with taking out a mob of Orks in our universe. “ Sebastian said, “As for Church, he’s currently residing in our universe after his was destroyed.”

Asuna then looks at them and says “Is Amor still with him?”

Sebaste busted out laughing, “That little hell raiser? Yes, she’s still with him, she gave him QUITE the scolding after the fight with the Covenant!” He said

Kirito then begins to laugh before saying “sounds about right… she hasn't changed a bit.”

“So, what do we know of this ‘King of Shadows’?” Sebastian asked

Celestia then sighs and says “I’ll let Kirito bring you up to speed, we need to get moving” before both her, Luna and the rest of the guards begins to move.

“Right then, I'll explain as we make our way there, but first how much do you know about the crystal empire?” asks Kirito

“It was ruled by Sombra before Celestia and Luna turned him into shadow and sealed him for a thousand, but that had the side effect of making the Empire vanish. Just recently the Empire returned and so did Sombra, but he was again defeated by the Crystal Heart and the efforts of the mane 6.”

“well, then we have a name then… if what you know is accurate our enemy is Sombra… but if they sealed him away recently how did he get back this quickly?”

“I don’t know, but when we fought him, none of our weapons worked, except for Sasha’s bolter which was equipped with inferno rounds.”

“So any fire based attacks could work against him… that's not going to be helpful for us, though… both me and Asuna have no fire-based attacks.”

“Inferno rounds are basically flare rounds, so any light based attacks will work. But I think we’d better catch up with the others.” Sebaste said.

Kirito then looks toward the rest of the group before saying “yeah… that's probably for the best”

“What year is this? Because Sombra was defeated in our world…” The Spartan asked.

“we have no idea, what year it is… to be fair, we never thought to ask” admits Asuna.

“Hmmm, well, I think we’ve arrived at our destination…” Sebastian said pointing in front of them.

Kirito then looks forwards and says “Oss náða nótt lysa auga” he then smiles and continues to say “we should be able to see if Sombra tries to blind us.”

Asuna then smiles and says “well I’ll give you a boost as well” She then opens her hand before whispering “Oss, sér, rauðr, vind, burt, hálka, stórhrið.”

“Right, let’s go,” Sebaste said before changing his armor to Scout and activating his active camo armor ability.

Kirito, Asuna, and Liz then look towards each other before saying “We’re with you” then begin to follow Sebaste’s footprints.

Sebastian kept an eye out for any enemy activity as they headed into the Empire.

“I don't like this, it’s too quiet…” He muttered.

Kirito then closed his eyes then said “You're right… Liz, you scout ahead if you find anyone being held hostage get them out of the firing line.”

She then nods her head before a pair of mechanical wings appear her back.

Suddenly, a gunshot echoes through the city, “That’s Sebaste!” Sebastian exclaimed, “Something must’ve gone wrong!”

++Fraggin damn it, Sasha, get your armored rear over to where I am!++ Sebaste’s voice rang out on the comms, ++My position’s been compromised!++

++What happened?++ Sebastian asked.

++I ran into one of the guards, and the idiot made the mistake of charging me, took him out with my Magnum.++

++Let me guess, now you’ve got guards heading towards you…++ He said in exasperation.

++ Yep ++

“Damn it, Sebaste…” The Astartes growled, “You just had to do that…”

“Let me guess, he’s done something stupid,” said Kirito

“He shot a guard attacking him, and now he’s got more guards heading to where he is…” Sebastian said, “And now I have to go save his neck…”

“then we’ll go and support him… Liz, same plan as before you go and support Celestia and the guards, make sure you free any captives you find.”

She then nods towards Kirito as she begins to fly off low to the ground.

“Let's make this quick, I don't want to stay here longer than I have to,” Sebastian said before summoning his Jump pack and lightning claws, checking to see if the built in Storm Bolters were operational.

Kirito then changes back to his Spriggan form as a pair of black wings appeared his back and a pair of blue wings appear on Asuna’s before Kirito says “let’s get moving knowing our luck Sombra won’t be far behind.”

Sebastian nodded and then activated the jump pack, leaping into the air before spotting the mass of guards and the lone Spartan fighting them.

“Found him! He’s near where Celestia is gonna be!” He shouted to Kirito, before spotting Sombra, “Shit, it’s Sombra, but wait… he’s not how I saw him, he’s still a unicorn!”

Kirito then looks towards him before saying “isn’t that normal… in fact isn’t that better, we don’t need to worry about the shadows as much.”

“Don’t underestimate him, he’s still pretty powerful, and with that dark magic he uses, he’s still a threat,” Sebastian said, “But enough of this, we still need to get Sebaste out of the pickle he got himself into!”

With that, he slammed into three guards before taking out five more with his Storm Bolters. “Next time, DON'T try and engage someone before you know they’re hostile!” The Astartes yelled at Sebaste.

“Sorry, wasn't my fault the guard attacked! I tried not to bump into him!” Sebaste retorted.

Kirito then shouted from above “well you better get ready! Sombra’s behind the guards!”

“I’ll deal will these guys, you two and Sebaste help Celestia!” Sebastian yelled before going into his Terminator form and turning towards the guards and roaring “FOR THE LION!”

Kirito then smiled then said “good luck” before nodding to Asuna and flew towards where they saw Sombra previously.

“Godspeed.” Sebastian murmured as he watched them leave, “Alright, who wants to die first?” He said as he turned to the guards and powering up his plasma cannon.

Sebaste had summoned an energy sword and SMG, and was now running towards where the two royals and Sombra and their forces were fighting.

“So what’s the plan?” He yelled up to Kirito.

“Well, we need to get Celestia, Luna and the rest of the guards to retreat to give us room to go all out.” He then turns to Asuna and says “Do you think you could do that, they seem to like you more than me.”

Asuna then smiles and says “no problem, I'll stay back in support once they’re clear.”

“Guess this means I do something crazy!” Said the Spartan before firing on Sombra’s troops, “Oy, Sombra! Did you hit your horn or something? Because it’s as red as your mom’s face!” He yelled.

Sombra then looks towards him before saying “please help me”

Sebaste was taken aback, the hell is going on here? He thought before saying “Wish granted!” and then leaping into the air and delivering a ground pound that knocks him unconscious and sends the troops near him flying.

Kirito then looks towards him before saying “something's not right here.”

Sebaste looked over at him then asked, “What do you mean?”

Kirito then turns around to see a figure sitting on the roof behind him that had long blond hair and wore a green robe.

Kirito then looked towards the figure and said “who are you”

“Who the hell is that?” Sebaste said.

The figure then stood up and said “I am the Fairy King Oberon, ruler of this world and you shall do what I say” before he opens his hands suddenly pulling everyone to the floor.

“Oof!” Sebaste grunted before getting up, “Buddy, I don't think anyone wants to bow before a Tyrant, back on Earth we have a saying, and it goes like this…” He said before summoning a Gauss turret and opening fire, “...SIC SEMPER TYRANNUS!”

Oberon then begins laughing as he just walks away before holding Liz with a sword against her neck before saying “I said you will do as I say or I will kill her!”

“That’s what you think…” Said a voice behind him before four steel blades pierced his back and through his chest. “Thus always to tyrants,” Sebastian said as the sword clattered down from Oberon’s hand as he grasped at his chest, letting go of Liz in the process.

He then glares at them before saying “this won’t be the last time you see me… have fun with the empire disappearing” With that he begins to fade away as he disappears from sight.

Kirito then runs up Liz and says “are you okay?”

“No, he’s got people locked up under the palace, I need to get them out… you get everyone out of here, I’m going to free them,” argues Liz.

Asuna then walked over to them before saying “didn’t you hear him, the empire is going to disappear again you’ll be trapped here!”

“Liz, if you do this, you won't be able to see your family and friends ever again, please reconsider this!” Sebaste said.

“I had time to consider it when I was captured, besides… it’s the only way for me to atone for the mistakes I made before” She says as her wings form and she begins to fly away.

“Throne damn it!” Sebastian swore, “Come on, we need to move!”

“Right, and later we have something to ask of you,” Sebaste said.

“Fine, but, for now, we all need to get out of the city” Kirito shouts as he sees the rest of the guard fleeing towards the main gate with Celestia and Luna leading them.

“Hang on!” Sebastian said as his gauntlets glowed, “I’m gonna teleport us over!”

Asuna then looks towards the unconscious body of Sombra before running towards him and picking him up and then shouting “He’s coming with us.”

The Astartes nodded, then in a flash of light, they were at the main gate.

“Let's move!” Sebaste yelled as everyone else ran through the gate

Kirito then looked back before saying “I’m sorry Liz” then seconds later running through the gate.

In a massive burst of light, the entire Crystal Empire disappeared.

“She will be remembered,” Sebastian said, putting a hand on Kirito’s shoulder. “She and the civilians will not be forgotten, you can be sure of that…”

Kirito then looks towards the ground before saying “you're right, she stayed back to give those civilians a chance to escape… I’m just worried about what plans that Oberon has.”

“If he ever shows up again, just give us a call. Now the thing we needed to ask you is, recently, Sebastian and I had the...displeasure… of meeting another Displaced called Ahriman, and were forced to retreat. But not after we wounded two of his cronies and humiliated a third.”

Kirito then sighs then says “oh great… him again… even Craig was worried for us when we had a meeting with him.”

“We encountered him again when the ship we were protecting Imperial Commander prisoners on for the Alliance came under attack. But now we're hearing rumors that Ahriman is planning to launch an assault on our universe, and Church isn’t gonna be any help, so will you two help us with defending our world? And if you see any Displaced that looks like they could be an ally to us, let them know of our call for help.”

Kirito then smiles then said “You shall definitely have my help”

Asuna then smiles and says “make that our help… but I need to ask… how is Craig doing?”

Sebaste sighed, ‘He’s… doubting himself, apparently his last fight with the New Black Legion shook him up more he’d like to admit.”

Asuna then sighs then says “I wonder if his Discord has something to do with it?”

“I don't doubt it, but the next time we see him, we’ll let him know that you’re concerned about him,” Sebastian said.

“Thank you… I just hope he can shake himself and get back to normal.” They then look back towards Sombra who was beginning to slowly wake back up.

“We’ll let you guys handle this, it’s time for us to get back to our universe,” Sebaste said.

Asuna then smiles before saying “before you go, you may want these” she says as she throws two pins towards Sebastian.

Kirito then smiles and does the same as he passes him two amulets in the shape his swords.

“When the time comes, we will summon you to come to our aid. We both thank you and may the Emperor protect you both.” Sebastian said before opening a portal and stepping through, Sebaste following after while giving a salute to the group.

Kirito and Asuna then place one hand on their head as everyone excluding Celestia, Luna, and Sombra, saluted them back before the portal closed behind them.