• Published 18th Oct 2015
  • 3,951 Views, 71 Comments

SAE - Sword Art Equestria - The Dark Brony



Sometimes good things happen to bad people and others bad things happen to good people. whatever way you look at I am one of those cases when Bad thing happen to good people, and i will find what I have lost or die trying.

  • ...
42
 71
 3,951

Chapter 7 - Every Rose Has It's Thorn

As soon as we arrived back in our own universe I look towards my mum then say “So Craig’s alive, and we’re going to be put in stone?”

“Sounds that way… well, at least, he’s alive, we now have something to go on,” replies Asuna

“yeah I guess you're right”

Seconds later we hear the sound of knocking at the door as a voice says “Mrs Asuna, Master Kirito, the princesses require your presence.”

We then both look at each other as Asuna says “well… we better not leave them waiting.”

I then nod my head as I open the door only to get a spear thrust towards my face as the guard shouts “put down your weapons and follow me.”

I then look at him and say “Didn’t the princesses tell you not to attack us?”

The guard then glared at me and shouted “I said put down your weapons now!”

I then look beside him to see a guard on the floor twitching in a pool of blood. I then look back at the guard and say “who are you really”

He then shouts “I order you to put your weapons down immediately, or I will kill that guard!”

I then nod my head and drop to the floor as I hear Asuna say the incantation for Aqua Bind causing the guard to be locked in place and unable to move as I knock the spear away from him and then strike him around the side of his head knocking him out.

Asuna then runs over to the injured guard then says “ޏú fylla heill austr” and seconds later the guard began to stand up as Asuna supports his body.

I then look towards him and say “are you, Okey?”

He then looks at me and says “Not really sir, just was attacked by who I thought was a fellow guard then used as a hostage by him.”

I then smile at him then say “well I think we better take whoever this is to Celestia and Luna, See what they want to do with him.”

The Guard then nods his head and begins to hobble away as Asuna then picks him up and says “I’ll carry you there, don’t want you injuring yourself anymore”

He then looks towards the ground then says “You don’t need to do that”

She then smiles at him and says “I may not need to but I want to”

I then smile then pick up the other fake Guard as we begin to walk towards the throne room.


As we approached the throne room it was silent, I then looked towards Asuna as I unsheathed one of my swords and said “something isn’t right here.”

“I know what you mean it feels like we’re being watched”

I then walk towards the door as I hear a voice on the other side, although it sounded more human than pony.

I then slowly opened the door to see a tall woman with red hair who was wearing what appeared to be a flowing back and red dress covered by some black armour. She also was holding black spear that was pointed towards Celestia whist three guards had swords held against their throats by a group of soldiers.

I then looked back to Asuna as she placed the guard on the floor as I passed her the intruder that I had knocked unconscious and turned into my SAO avatar.

I then slowly walked into the room then say “Rosalia, Oh my god how are you.”

She then turns around and says “Well if it isn’t… sorry who are you, you look like a Kirito impersonator but your outfit is perfetic.”

“Says the girl who looks like she brought her costume whilst drunk from a second-hand store”

She then glares at me and says “Do you not know who I am? I am the leader of Titan’s Hoof, the most feared guild in the suburbs.”

I then laugh and say “Titan's hoof, I thought you’d be at least a group who’s actually dangerous like… I don’t know… Laughing Coffin, you even changed the guild name to fit this world, how cute. What are you the people who attack the sort of people who thinks slimes are a threat in RPG’s?”

I then hear one of her soldiers say “have you seen the eyes on those things they have no soul.”

Rosalia then turns to the soldier and says “shut up, he’s just trying to undermine you”

I then laugh and say “That really doesn’t take much you are all like an open book.”

“So quick with the snark, of course, that's all you really have going on isn’t it?

“Look who’s talking all you have are your useless soldiers who can’t even hold their weapons.” then as if on cue one of the soldiers swords drops from his grasp and falls to the ground as he quickly tries to pick it back up.

Rosalia then glares at me and then says “but there's one thing you can never escape, even hiding behind your facade as this powerful, brave child… you sound like a girl”

I then begin to slowly clap my hands and say “wow… did you watch Sword Art Online Abridged, you almost repeated the entire sequence from episode four.”

She then glares at me shouts “Leave those guards, I want him dead, kill him!”

The assailants then release the guard and all turn towards me and begin to try to rush me as I quickly grab both my swords from their sheaths and fluently block each of their strikes whist taunting them at every opportunity.

After a few minutes, they began breathing hard as Rosalia shouted “what is wrong with you there are seven of you should be able to kill him easily.”

I then Grin at her and say “funny thing about this world Rosalia, it appears that it works on a similar premise to Sword Art Online so funny thing.” A health bar then appears above my head as I say “It seems when your numbers get high enough, you become essentially untouchable.” I then towards each of the assailants then say “but good news, you don’t need to wonder about where your god is anymore, because he right here, and he’s fresh out of mercy.”

I then hear one of the assistants begin to cry and then slowly begin to back away as Rosalia shouts “Don’t you dare threaten my men, stop holding your stats over them like your some sort of god, your confidence is just an illusion…”

I then cut her off as I charge forwards and punch her square in the chest before saying “man you are pathetic, I’ve seen children fight better than all of you.” She then attempts to stand up as I punch her in the side of the face knocking her out cold.

I then turn around to see the assailants trying to flee to find that they couldn’t move as I see Asuna smile as she bound them all in place once again using Aqua Bind. I then look around to see one of them shaking in the corner of the room.

I then look towards Celestia then say “are you okay?”

She then smiles at me and says “we are now, thank you Kirito, but did you really have to say all of the things you did?”

I then rub the back of my head then say “Not really they were more scare tactics than anything else.” I then look towards the unconscious Rosalia and say “make sure she is locked away for now… we will need to find out why she attacked the palace.”

Asuna then helps the guard into the room and the pony who attacked us began to stir. She then looked towards Celestia as the threw the guard who attacked us onto the floor then said “this guard attacked us and almost killed one of the guards you assigned to our rooms.”

She then glared at the pony then said “Private Star, is this true.”

The guard then grinned at us then said “It is, I was sent by the King of Shadows to eliminate you, however, I found that I was unable to accomplish this so I infiltrated you and hired Titans Hand to kill you and your sister. However, I heard that you Princesses killed him and banished him below the ice. However I never planned for these two to be in the palace so I tried to lure then into a trap so we could kill them.”

Kirito then walks up to him and says “Well, look how that turned out for you”

He then grins and says “perfectly, The King of Shadows will rise again” He then begins to laugh as dark shadows surround him as he disappears into the floor” as he says “the king is reborn, if you want to stop us journey to the snowy north, not that you’ll last that long.” then seconds later he disappeared from view.

Seconds later Celestia looked at us then said “He’s back, Kirito, Asuna, I know that you are new to this but we need your help, a great enemy has returned, we need your help.”

I then walk forwards and say “Princess you need help, it’s the least we can do to thank you for giving us a roof over or heads.” I then fall onto one knee and say “Princess please allow me to join your guard.”

She then looks at me in shock and Asuna Kneel down next to me and say “If Kirito is joining I'm with him. You have both of our support.”

She then looks at us then says “You just needed to ask” She then lowers her horn and moves it over both our shoulders and then says “rise Sir Kirito and Lady Asuna”

We both then stand as we hear a quiet voice from behind us say “Umm. Excuse me… princess” We then look behind us to see one of the soldiers from earlier kneeling behind us as he says “I… I would like to assist you in stopping him... I’m not much of a warrior but I am a blacksmith.”

I then look at her and notice that she has pink hair and wore a red and white dress along with some brown boots. I then smile and say “what is your name miss?”

“My name is Elizabeth but my friends call me Liz.” says the girl

“Well then, for now, Elizabeth, we need to know why you were with the guild.” Asks Kirito

“Well before this we were all friends… before well I brought this uniform from a guy at Comic-con a few weeks ago after we woke up, Rose had changed, she became bossy, rude, controlling, basically a copy of Rosalia from the anime.”

“So you're like us?” asks Asuna.

“Wait? Like you, what do you mean?” She asks in confusion.

“We disappeared from comic-con as well and before you ask no we are not a couple I am his mother.” replies Asuna.

“Oh… well does that mean your sons single.”

Kirito the glares at her and says “Not with a criminal, maybe after you gain my trust I may consider you as a friend.”

Celestia then looks at us then says “well, Instead of you being locked in the dungeon with the rest of them you shall support us in the upcoming battle you shall report to Kirito and Asuna as their new recruit.”

I then look at her and say “aren’t we recruits as well?”

She then smiles at us then says “No Kirito, you and Asuna are now Captains in the guard. You have earned the right when you saved everyone here from Titan's Hoof”

I then look Towards Asuna as we both nod our heads and the continue to say “We will not abuse your trust.”

She then smiles at us and say “I know you won’t. Now you better start training our new recruit.”

The three of us then bow to her as we begin to walk out of the throne room as a group of guards came and dragged away the rest of Titan’s Hoof.


As we walked back down the hall towards our rooms, We all looked towards Elizabeth as she explained what had happened since she arrived here. We explained to her about what we were what we understood about the Displaced.

As we got closer Asuna asks Liz “What was your family like?”

She then looked towards the ground and say “I never met them… I was an orphan, we all were.”

Asuna then embraces her in a hug and then says “you won’t be alone anymore, I can promise you that.”

She then looks towards Asuna and says “what do you mean?”

Asuna then smiles at her and says “well, we lost our family… would you like to join ours?”

She then looks at us both in shock then begins to shake as she says “Are you sure? I… I don’t know what it’s like having a family.”

I then walk up to her and say “There is always somewhere you can begin.”

She then lunges forwards grabbing both me and Asuna and says “Your right and… I would love to be a part of your family”

Asuna then smiles at her then whispers “welcome to the family my new daughter.”

I then laugh then say “Craig and Church will love this.”

Liz then looks at me and says “Craig and Church? Is this Church the same as the one from Red Vs Blue?”

“Well yes but he is Displaced like us and Craig was my brother back home before he disappeared. He’s now in our future and well and we kind of know about something's going to happen to us.” I explain.

“What is that,” asks Liz.

“We are supposedly going to end up in stone, but he didn’t know how or why” explains Asuna.

Seconds later I feel a Token in my pocket being to activate as a voice says “hey bro, you there? There's a party for Displaced going on appears to be Christmas for them there, you and Asuna want to come along? If so just drop me a reply and I’ll get the ball rolling on this end.”

I then look towards Asuna and say “Looks like Craig’s got us a party to attend, he’s ask if we’d both like to go?”

Asuna then looks at me and says “drop him a message and say we’d like to go.” she then looks towards Liz and says “You interested in going?”

She then shakes her head then says “not really, I need to get prepare everything for the upcoming battle and besides; he invited you not me, I’d like to meet him when it’s just us.”

I then look at her, shrug my shoulders then say “If that’s what you want.” I then grab Craig’s token from my pocket then say “We’d love to come bro. When is it?”

“Later today. I’ll drop you a message once it’s time, you’ll both need to use my token and I’ll pick you up, bye”

“Okay then see you then” With that the line dropped dead as I looked back to Asuna and Liz.

“So when will we be off,” asks Asuna

“Later today, he said he’d drop us both a message and then he'll bring us along.” I reply

“Okey then, I say we get a bit of training done before then.” Says Asuna.

Liz then whispers “A bit of training would be nice”

I then smile as we begin to walk towards the barracks and the field outside it.


As we reached the training field we were met with glares from the other guards, It was clear that they either didn’t trust us or they didn’t like that we had done little to prove our worth and could have been outranking them.

As we walked closer a white unicorn with a red mane walked over to us, looked up then said “So your are the new captains? Don’t see how you have earned your title.” He then extended a hoof to us and said “I’m First Lieutenant Flutterguard, I would like to thank you for saving my daughter yesterday.”

I then smile and say “It was no problem, we were just glad to help.”

He then smiles at me and then says “anyway I may not see how you earned that title but I’m more than happy to call you both my commanding officers.”

“Well then Lieutenant, we require your help training our new recruit, we don’t really know how things work around here.”

Flutterguard then smiles at us then says “I will get her ready for the upcoming battle.”

I then place my hand out and say “actually she’s here to ensure your equipment is up to grade. She is a blacksmith, not a warrior.”

Liz then whispers “umm… actually, I can fight. I use a mace and shield, and if it okay with you sir I’d like to accept your training.”

We then look at her as Flutterguard as he smiles and says “we will get you trained private”

I then place my hand on Liz’s shoulder as I say “good luck, sister”

She then smiles at me and says “are you always going to be like that Jack.”

“No, just right now.” Seconds later I noticed what looked like something glowing in Asuna’s pocket. “Umm mum, what's in your pocket”

“Just Craig’s and your tokens. Why?” She asks me.

“Oh… well looks like it’s time, to see some of the Displaced Craig’s met.” I admit.

“Well then.” Asuna then looks back to me as she says “well, we’ve got a meeting to attend to, we will see later Lieutenant.”

“We will see you later Captain Asuna, Kirito” Before he turned around and he and Liz began to walk towards the rest of the guards.

We then pulled out Craig’s Token and said “we’re ready”

A voice then said “Ok then hold on,” Seconds later two portal appears in front of us as the voice says “Just walk through and we’re off.”

We then smile as we walk forwards the portals close behind us.

Author's Note:

So next chapter is very late. I was supposed to get this sorted for Christmas so I could give you the next one on Christmas day. I will try to put the next one up within the next few hours.