• Published 18th Oct 2015
  • 3,970 Views, 71 Comments

SAE - Sword Art Equestria - The Dark Brony



Sometimes good things happen to bad people and others bad things happen to good people. whatever way you look at I am one of those cases when Bad thing happen to good people, and i will find what I have lost or die trying.

  • ...
42
 71
 3,970

Chapter 17 - Back to the Future... For The Last Time Part Three

-Asuna’s POV-

As I reached the Hospital's reception I looked around as I saw that many ponies a lot of them with injuries that they had likely received during the attack but what surprised me was the fact that almost all of them were cowering in fear against a nearby wall.

Only three ponies two of which I recognised as Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle had chosen not to and were looking forwards to what looked to be an army of Changelings by the doors only three of them standing inside.

The first I recognised as the one that saved Craig earlier, which seemed to now make no sense being that she was a member of the Army that attacked them.

The Second wore a set a silver armour that covered what looked to be a large stocky figure that looked to still be carrying his shield that seemed to have a sword sticking out from behind it.

The third looked to be dressed in what would almost be cast as casual clothing, he wore only a simple green sweater, brown trousers and what seemed to be a bright white cape, he also wore a pair of glasses that looked to glint as soon as any source of light hit them.

“So you’re here to finish the job off… well, we won’t let you get any closer to Craig.” Rainbow Dash shouted.

“You have already brought him enough pain today… you will not get any closer.” Twilight added.

“Wait… we wish him no harm!” The first Changeling shouted.

“Like we’d believe that!”

“I would if I was you Rainbow,” I admitted.

“Asuna… I’m sorry… but why?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Because most of this was planned, they wanted to dethrone Chrysalis and find a new leader for their hive, they came here because they heard of Craig’s power and wanted him to lead them… also if it wasn’t for the smaller one Craig would have been dead.” I pointed out.

“Oh… so you were both aware of your surroundings… I guess I should have accounted for that,” The third figure said. “Anyway we wish to speak with him about some important business, would you be able to get him for us?”

“Why should she do as you ask!” Rainbow Dash shouted.

“I shall… just don’t cause any more trouble.”

“We won’t… we have no leader so we have no orders that would cause us to do anything,” the second Changeling said calmly.

“Like I'd trust you, your queen tried to kill me!” Rainbow Dash shouted.

“I am sorry for what my former mother did to you, I will do all I can to repent for her crimes towards you,” The first Changeling said.

“That thing was your mother!” Twilight shouted in anger.

“Both of you calm down or I will have to deal with you myself!” Asuna ordered.

“Okay…. Okay, I'll stop,” Rainbow Dash muttered.

“Good, I'll be back soon… Twilight you make sure Rainbow doesn’t do anything else.”

“No promises,” Twilight admitted as I walked back into the hospital to try and find Craig.

-Craig’s POV-

Asuna ran into the room before she said “Craig we have a problem.”

“What’s wrong mum?”

“The Changeling there back and… they want to talk to you?”

“Why?”

“I don’t know but… wait… that’s not Nick… who is he?” she asked curiously.

“H-hello there I am Nick’s little brother Shy. Ma’am”

“Please say you're not going to try and kill people like that other kid,” Kirito said from behind her.

“I-I AM GOOD I SWEAR!!!!!! And I apologise for my brother's behaviour.”

“I don’t doubt you are sweetie… and please just call me Asuna.”

“They made their choices… and they have to live with what comes of it… the same will go for you,” Kirito said calmly, whilst judging Shy.

“Kirito stop that this instant I can restone you in an instance if I have to.”

“I…….I am truly sorry for everything…. I will do everything in my power to make up for them!”

“You don’t need to Shy… you are you own person, and their mistakes mean nothing to how we treat you.”

“So Everyone needs to read the letter!”

“Letter what letter?” Asuna asked.

“This one,” Craig said as he passed it to Asuna before continuing to say “I better find out what those Changeling’s want… you can stay here with Kirito and Asuna if you like Shy.”

“‘I know that there’s no hope, Hiding in this cruel world, Yet you don’t stop trying yet you keep smiling. I just want to say I’m sorry.’ His last words to me…..”

“When did you last see Nick?”

“Two years ago…….”

“Okay… I hope that you get to see him again one day.” Craig said smiling as he walked towards the door.

“Shy… do you want to see what they have to say to him?” Asuna asked as she gestured for him to jump onto her back as she knelt down.

“Ok?” He said as he climbed up.

“So… how old are you Shy?” she asked as the group walked towards the door.

“5…. Years, 27 days, 15 minutes, 27 seconds.”

“How do you know it that precisely?” Kirito asked as they got outside and walked down the hall.

“I have an I.Q. of 200. And a watch.”

“Face it, bro… he’s smarter than you,” Craig taunted as he stopped looking towards the room next to him with a sigh.

“Craig… it’s not your fault what happened to her so stop blaming yourself,” Asuna said sadly.

“…… Nick said it was his fault in his letter to me, he seemed really sad………….”

“They both blame themselves, Nick thinks he instigated it and Craig… well, he blames himself because he was warned months before by a friend.” Chaoma admitted as she appeared and smiled at Shy.

“AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! DRAGON THING!!!!!!! Enemy of my race!”

“Wait, Shy… Chaoma’s the only thing keeping Craig alive right now.” Kirito quickly explained.

“I wasn’t going to attack or anything I am just scared.”

“Don’t worry she won’t hurt you… or anyone… she’s actually very laid back and wouldn’t hurt a fly.” Craig admitted as they reached the doors to the reception before they walked out to see three changelings standing just outside the hospital along with multiple ponies huddled up at the back of the room, the only ones not being Rainbow Dash and Twilight who were staring at the Changelings.

As soon as the Changeling saw Craig three of them instantly stepped forward the first two he recognised whilst the third he didn’t he had black chitin like all the other Changeling and his mane looked to almost grey but still regained a silvery shine to it. He was wearing what looked to be a bulky set of silver armour, he was also carrying a large shield that looked to have a sword sheathed behind it.

The first Changeling then stepped forwards before he said “Sir… I would like to apologise for the trouble we have caused you… and I’m sorry for what.”

He was then cut off by the second Changeling before she said “Shiroe stop stalling… I’m sorry for what my mother did to your daughter, my names Akatsuki… well, it is now she’s lost the throne.”

“Ah yes, the reason we are here.” Shiroe said calmly “As you defeated Chrysalis in a duel she is no longer the Queen of our hive.”

“Then who is?” Twilight asked curiously.

“Your friend there, Craig,” Shiroe replied.

That got everyone’s attention before Kirito said “Wait my brother is a King now?

“W-what your just like Nick Now?”

“Why you say that Shy?” Kirito asked curiously.

“Shy… I don’t see Fluttershy here… who do you mean?” Rainbow Dash asked in confusion.

“I-I am Shy……..”

“Wait… where did you come from kid… I don’t recognise you?”

“We’ll explain later, let’s deal with the current problem first,” Asuna suggested.

“Anyway… we wish to tell that we will be needing to find a new home… but the hive we came from is… well in bad shape… the whole place is under siege by dragons and we came here looking for someone who could assist us.”

“Th-that idiot……. He aligned with them?”

“Chrysalis tried to protect us but we were unable to fight back, in the end, we were rescued by the boy you took down before you dueled Chrysalis,” Akatsuki explained. “And what do you mean by someone aligning themselves with them?” She asked Shy.

“My…...Older brother…….. Aligned with dragons……..”

“Which one Shy… I've lost track of how many brothers you have now… although I do know of your sister Nicole… she’s around here somewhere?”

“All except Nick…… AND DON’T TELL HER I’M HERE!!!!”

“Oh I won’t,” Craig smiled before he said “But… you may be unable to avoid her.”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“Don’t like you sister I assume,” Kirito assumed.

“No,...... She is a bit touchy feely……”

“Are you talking about me?”

“She is right behind me isn’t she………”

“Depends… is she your sister?” Asuna admitted as she turned around.

“......................... I am going to just walk away now….. Ok…..?”

“If she as insistent as she was with Nick… that ain’t happening easily,” Craig chuckled.

“...........God….. Why have you forsaken me…….?”

“Nicole… would you cut Shy some slack please,” Craig requested.

“Hhmmmm I’ll Have to think about that…..”

“That’s all you say after disappearing for years?......”

“Those two part of your family my king?” the third person asked curiously.

“................ So as I was saying about Nick….. He is the king of the Heaven’s.”

“Well… that's ironic,” Kirito chuckled.

“Kirito… can you not act the clown for now?”

“Nope, not happening.”

“He’s going to a pain of a Prince isn’t he,” Shiroe groaned, “Oh also I guess we should be calling you by your title Prince Shy... was it.”

“A-ah, nonononono, Please don’t use my title…… I have not earned it.”

“Okay… we won’t use your tile umm… do you have anything we could you instead… just Shy feels… weird,” the third Changeling said.

“......... Well, anything but that Title……. Ok?” Shy Smiles.

“And you miss… did our King say, Nicole… are you part of his family?” The same Changeling asked.

“.............Am I?”

“Did we ever decide on that… you disappeared after we met you at Beacon.” Craig realised “I guess it’s up to you if you want to be Nicole.”

“Ok!”

“Well, are we fine to call you by a title miss Nicole?”

“Well… If it makes you feel comfortable.”

“Thank you, Princess Nicole,” Shiroe said with a bow.

“..............Nick would've enjoyed this…… You know what NO…. I Will be right BACK!” and with that Shy disappeared, just to reappear 5 seconds later with a sleeping Nick in tow. “I’m back! And look at what I found.”

“Wait... what… didn’t expect that last bit of the letter to be responded to that quickly,” Craig chuckled.

“Well, I caught him sleeping about 100 miles from here.”

“Well… that's a surprise… why not just stay home instead of hiding that far away?” Craig muttered before walking over to Nick as he whispered “Nick… it’s time to wake up.”

“Light teleportation.” He said in his sleep as he started to glow.

“Nope…” Craig chuckled as he clicked his fingers causing the spell to cease. “You’re staying around to talk with your little brother Nick.”

“Greater light teleportation.”

“Nick I will cancel every spell you try so stop,” Craig said as he once again clicked his fingers

“Interdimensional Teleportation!” At this point, Nick’s eyes are wide open.

“Nick… why are you trying to run away?”

“No… I have a mission, that I need to get back to.”

“You were sleeping when Shy found you… why not stick around for a bit and just talk with him and your sister… also… you might want to know you are also a prince of the hive we were up against earlier… or however long it was for you.?”

“SHE is here……. And a king of the heavens.”

“Yes… Shy told me that as well.”

“............ So want to tell him any more of our family secrets?”

“No…….”

“Nick… stop threatening your brother, your becoming as bad as Dilan.”

“Pardon? This is how he always treats me it’s fine after what I did….”

“DON’T remind me of that…. I am yet to forgive you!”

“...What did you do?” Craig asked curiously.

“I released Our older brother’s….”

“So that’s why they kept appearing… eh, no worries, we’ll just stop them again,” Craig said with a smile.

“Anyway… my king… we need to find a new place to build our hive… with your permission, I would like to search for a suitable location for it nearby to your home,” Shiroe requested.

“I HAVE THE PERFECT PLACE IN MIND!!!!!!” Shy shouted.

“Where do you have in mind Master Shy,” Shiroe asked curiously.

“Well I’ve been working on my own dimension but you guys could use it there is already an entire kingdom there!”

“Wait… are you saying there are already families there!” Akatsuki shouted in Surprise.

“Well refugees more like it but yes in the North part of the kingdom there are people.”

“We share a Dimension and yes to answer your question.”

“That… that would be great… but…”

“But what?”

“What we want is a place here, a place where we can help to protect the creatures we hurt earlier… the three of us only want to repent from what Chrysalis did to everyone today.”

“Hmm… what about the mountain… there’s a large mine that's already cleared out a bit… but it’s inhabited by Diamond Dog,” Rainbow Dash shouted up.

“That could work… also, we could use the workers,” Akatsuki said.

“Well if you need supplies We have that!”

“We will once we have the place under our control,” Shiroe said as he pushed his glasses up as they seemed to glint slightly as the light hit them.

“What are you some evil genesis?”

“No… but there is a reason we call him the Villain in Glasses.” Akatsuki chuckled, “He is our tactician… also, he planned for us to lose to remove Chrysalis from the throne… what he didn’t account for was that person blowing up the castle.”

“Oh and that reminds me… my King, you can’t hear us in the hive easily can you?”

“No… not really I can get in but… I can’t hold a link for much longer than a minute.” Craig admitted.

“Then I have a gift for each of you…. But I only have four prepared right now,” Shiroe said as he produced four small amulets that were attached to some sort of thread that looked in design to be two changeling wings placed on top of eachother, which he promptly passed to Craig.

“I just realised something…..”

“What you realised Shy?”

“That my family is closer to the hive than I thought….. Me, Nick, Nicole, Everybody in the leavitt family can shape shift.”

“And out of us, only Kirito can… well only into three forms but still.” Asuna chuckled.

“.............Cool……”

“It is a bit I guess,” Kirito admitted as he rubbed the back of his head.

“So Rainbow… where is this cave located?”

“It’s actually nearby Rambling Rock Ridge… but the tunnels could go anywhere, we don’t know how far they go underground.” Rainbow Dash explained.

“I think it was what Nick 50 kilometres?”

“Yeah, thats right.”

“That’s a lot of room to expand… I wonder if it leads towards any of the nearby mountains,” Craig said thinking about where he could have the hoard of Dragons that was on their way stay.

“The caves lead to 3 different mountain's.”

“That means you could get a good range of areas that could be built into and it’s likely one could be connected to the cave that the dragon was hibernating in a while back,” Twilight admitted.

“Okay then… Nick, you want to get back on your mission… just make sure to come back and visit often,” Craig requested with a smile.

“Aye…….. Welp, I guess I have to visit an old friend… Bye!” Nick disintegrates.

“See you again soon Nick,” Craig replied with a smile before turning to Shiroe as he asked, “So… what do you think, we go as a group or separately?”

“We go as a team… that way they will take us seriously.” Akatsuki said calmly.

“Or you could just assassinate their leader.”

“No… if we want them to listen to us I need to face their leader one on one just like I did with Chrysalis.”

“If you're sure my King,” Shiroe said clearly questioning Craig's logic.

“Asuna… I want you to stay here with Shy and Nicole make they don’t get in trouble… well, more than Nick did.”

“I guess that’s fine.” Asuna admitted with a smile. Shy was already sleeping. Nicole was already gone.

“Asuna… for now give Shy Scootaloo’s room, let her sleep in her bed for now till I can get another room ready.”

“Okay,” Asuna replied as he carefully picked up Shy holding him in her arms before she slowly began to walk home.

Craig then looked to the group of Changelings before he said “let's go… Rainbow… would you be able to guide us there.”

“Of course, I’d be glad to!” Rainbow said enthusiastically before she flew into the air and shouted “Come on it’s this way!” quickly flying off into the distance.

Craig simply sighed at this before he said “All of you let’s move.”

“Yes our king” all the changelings replied together as Craig placed one of the necklaces he had been given over his head before the others disappeared and we all made their way after Rainbow Dash.


A few minutes later the group reached what looked to be a barren area that looked to have multiple holes dug into the ground around them in what seemed to be random locations.

“Well… they should be in that cave over there,” Rainbow Dash said gesturing towards an open cave in the side of a nearby cliff, “I’d go in there with you but… well.”

“You want to go to sleep?”

“NO!... we just don’t have Rarity to annoy them to death.” Rainbow Dash chuckled

“What can’t handle a couple of puppies?” Kirito mocked.

“Oh just shut it Kirito,” Craig muttered.

“You want to come up here and say that!” Rainbow Dash argued.

“Bring it… not like you could even hit me.” Kirito responded.

“Is that a challenge?”

“Both of you shut or before I fight you both!” Craig shouted.

“We’ll stop,” Rainbow Dash and Kirito both replied.

“Good… now let's deal with their leader… Shiroe… what do you think the chances are that they’ll do as we ask?”

“If you want my honest opinion,” he said as he pushed his glasses up, “there’s only twenty percent chance this will work.”

“Well then that’s eighty percent chance that I'll have to kill them all.”

“No that's a fifty percent chance of that the rest is that they will overrun us in our weakened state and kill us,” Shiroe admitted.

“You really are a great motivational speaker are you Shiroe.” Kirito chuckled.

“You really are going to be a pain to follow,” Shiroe muttered under his breath.

“Can you both not,” Craig groaned.

“Hoi……. I’m……… back………..*Yawn*” Shy said. “That nap was good……mmmmm….”

“Wasn’t you told to stay with Asuna?” Kirito asked in surprise.

“.............I…….. don’t know……….”

“Oh well… just be careful…. You know if something happened to you Craig would beat himself up for a long time.” Kirito chuckled.

“Ok…..*Yawn*......”

“Dammit, you're still tired Shy…” Akatsuki said as she looked towards one of the Changelings as she said “Naotsugu, look after him would you?”

“I’m…. Fine just waking up……”

“Come here kid,” Naotsugu chuckled as he picked Shy up throwing him onto his back.

“O…..k……” Shy passed out again.

“Jesus…. Not even ten seconds……..” Nick said appearing.

“Gah… Nick, do you always appear like that!” Kirito shouted.

“Ah, Stuff it! You cranky old timer.” Said an older version of Nick.

“You did not just call me old!” Kirito argued causing Craig to groan in annoyance.

“God… why can’t people learn to be quiet….”

“It’s not their fault you’re having a hangover ok?”

“All of you shut it!” Craig shouted angrily.

“Gez Bro calm down what could we possibly do to mess this up?” Kirito asked.

“...Dammit Kirito,” Craig groaned.

“Possibly everything….”

“Oh it not like Murphy’s on the line… what’s the worst that could happen?”

“......... I could make the worst possible outcome happen…….”

“Please don’t… his plans already bad as it is.” Shiroe muttered.

“Meh……”

“Will you all stop it!”

“Craig!” Nick said, eyes glowing again.

“What's wrong?” Craig asked.

“....... There’s something coming…….”

“I would have guessed that was the case,” Craig chuckled.

“Summon!” Nick said starting to cast a spell.

Seconds later they looked around them to see that they were surrounded by multiple dog like creatures that looked to be in simple iron armour if anything, the only exception being one of them that was in what almost looked to be gold in colour apart from the fact it looked corroded in many places.

“White army!” Nick said finishing the spell, as white suits of armour appeared. “Care to try one on? Anyone?”

The dog that seemed to be the leader then stepped forwards before he said “Why you here?”

“You want the honest answer… I want you to either surrender your home to me and my people and you surrender or I simultaneously kill each of you.”

“And I should care why?”

“Have you heard of the creature who beat Discord?”

“yes, why should we care?”

“Can I show off first!”

“Go ahead, Nick… you have a few seconds to comply before I let him have his fun.”

“Wait… how about a dual… winner takes the other’s, people… if you win… you own pack… when I win you all work in mines.”

Craig then looked to Nick before he said “Think you could loan me one of the suits?”

“Of course, your highness.”

“Highness… there is no creature that has a title here.”

“My king let me do this,” Akatsuki requested.

“No… I’ll do it… I haven’t had time to relax and fight someone who actually is armoured and not family in a long time.” Craig admitted as grabbed a suit of armour and began putting it on.

“He has to have fun at some point might as well be now.”

“What you mean by King!” The dog shouted.

“What do you think it means you, idiot!?”

The dogs around them only gave him a look of confusion before Kirito said “Man… you really are that stupid… and that idiot’s your leader? Craig, please drag it out… I want to see if he’s actually got any skills whatsoever.”

“You think I scared of you weak… thing…”

“Honestly… I don’t think you have a big enough brain to think of anything,” Craig mocked as he finished putting the suit of armour on.

“....... Can’t I just Betty Crocker this place…..?”

“Please don’t…..”

“Let's just finish this so the hive can move in,” Craig sighed as Excalibur and what looked to be a sword that seemed to be made of gold that had what looked to be red and white glowing runes spreading along it appeared at his sides.

“Onward! Glory Greatest country!!!!”

“So you think you can cut me with those weapons,” the Diamond Dog leader mocked as Craig just smirked as he drew a large golden battle axe that looked to have an intricate pattern engraved into it.

It was at that moment Craig realised what weaponry the Diamond Dog was using ‘Skyrim Dwarven steel’ before he smirked as he said “you're gonna fight me with some old relics.”

“........You know that……. You use relics to right?”

“There’s a difference between mine and some old corroded steel that’s going to fall apart.” Craig pointed out.

“These weapons are not weak or rusty… they are the strongest artefacts that we found in that hidden city under the caves!”

“Oh yeah that…… um, those are….. Um….. well…… made by…….”

“What did you do Nick?” Kirito asked.

“I…. made those long ago………”

“So how much trouble is Craig in right now?”

“Loads…….and loads of trouble……”

“What should he expect to deal with from that gear?”

“........lots…….”

Kirito then looked towards Craig before he shouted “Craig scrap what I said don’t drag this out!”

“Why?”

“Nick made that gear he’s using… kill him before he gets a chance to use it!”

“Okay then,” Craig replied as he drew both swords before he smiled under his helmet.

“So you aware of what you are going to lose?”

“Maybe you should flip that around… I'm not going to lose anything… you on the other hand… are losing more than your pack.”

“I’m going to enjoy this.”

“I’ll hold you to that,” Craig replied with a smirk before he charged forwards and swung at his opponent's armour only for it to bounce off not even leaving a dent.

“That armour……. It’s angelic…… be careful.”

“And that means?” Craig asked as he dodged out the way of an attack from the Axe only just avoiding a blow from it.

“Normal attacks won’t work on it!”

“Then what will work?” Craig asked as he used his swords to block another attack.

“MAGIC!!!!!! MY SWORD USE IT!!!!!!! ‘Gott ist mein Schwert und mein Schild, du sollst die Finsternis nicht fürchten.’” Nick started chanting.

“This better work,” Craig muttered as he dodged another swing of the oncoming axe before he threw a bolt of electricity towards the suit only for it to spark around the suit uselessly.

“TAKE OFF MY ARMOR YOU BASTARD!!!!!!! ANGEL LAW!!!!!” Nick ordered as he cast a spell that created a rune in the sky.

“Umm… no, we found this and I am not giving it back.”

“Fine then….. Then I guess you’re willing to pay the price?”

Craig then jumped backwards before dismissing both his weapons as they disappeared before his shield appeared on his left arm as he said “That armour will not save you,” as multiple bright blue spears floated around him and another in his right hand.

“You think those will hurt me?”

“Yes… these are spears are made from my determination… and they will hurt you” Craig said as a strange tune began to play around them before he charged forwards again as the axe came down only to be blocked by Craig’s shield.

“What!”

“Surprise” Craig chuckled as four arrows were stabbed into the armours unprotected joints as part of the armour fell apart. “Oh look more targets.”

“Ugh… what did you do?”

“Looks like Undertale physics here… can you not move or something?” Craig chuckled as all the arrows around him suddenly pointed towards his opponent before he charged forwards removing his helmet as he jumped past before more spears impaled the dog's body some of them piercing the corroded sections of the armour causing his opponent's arms to go limp as he dropped his axe and fell to his knees.

“Surrender and take that armour off.”

“N...No, I will not.”

“Then it will be taken from you,” Craig said as he swung his shield towards the dogs face as he fell to the ground unconscious before Craig removed his opponent's armour before shouting “Take him to whatever you have as a clinic!”

The stunned Diamond Dogs then shuck themselves out of their shock as they quickly carried their previous leader away.

“You weren’t able to pay the price I guess,”

Craig then took a breath before he dismissed the rest of the spears as they disappeared as he looked to Nick before he said “Well… that’s that done… what do you want doing with his equipment… you did make it after all,” he then looked at the corroded suit before he said “although it may need some restoration before anyone uses it.”

“All the user has to say is auto restoration……”

“Oh, that makes it easier… but I think you should have it back.”

“No……. I think I should start making armour again for the palace guard anyways.”

“I’m going to assume you mean Celestia’s guard… are they still any good now or are they a shambles,” Kirito smirked.

“Umm… did you see any of them during the battle bro.”

“No…”

“Exactly… they are useless!”

“How… they used to be able to keep up with us how have they became such a useless mess?” Kirito asked in annoyance.

“.........Well, we CAN suggest that I train them better….. I am quite the Knight?”

“I can imagine you are… although me and Asuna are going to be going back to work on them… someone needs to sort and lead the mess of a guard Shining Armours left behind.”

“Well, I was already working on some…… projects…… Hehehe….”

“I feel like I should be worried for some reason,” Kirito said as the Changeling’s made their way into the caves.

“Relax, your back and able to move again bro… take a bit of time off to get used to where you are,” Craig said calmly.

“Maybe that would be an idea,” Kirito replied with a smile “Besides… I need to meet everyone don’t I.”

“Well you already know one of my students,” Craig said as he gestured to Rainbow Dash.

“Hey, I do better than Scoots… at least I know how to…”

Seconds later Craig shouted “Dodge!” before jumping up into the air and kicking her into the ground.

“Do that… most the time,” she groaned as she looked up at Kirito.

“We are the heroes of our time…. So much work to be Done.” Nick said and smiled.

“I wonder how much work needs to be done in the caves?” Craig muttered.

“....Well….. Not much really……”

“Well… we’ll see what the Changelings think… this is going to be their home now,”

“And your palace when it’s built… maybe put it in a mountain, that would look cool.” Rainbow Dash suggested.

“Maybe… but that's a while off right now.” Craig admitted “anyway shall we go inside.”

“Nah… I’ll head back to what remains of Canterlot, I think it’s time for a reunion with the princesses,” Kirito admitted as a pair of wings appeared on his back.

“I’ll join you, I should get back to Ponyville,” Rainbow Dash added.

“We’re all battling demons in our mind….. With so much work to be done.”

“We are, Nick… that we are,” Kirito said before he flew off followed by Rainbow Dash.


As they arrived back in ponyville Asuna ran up to them before she shouted “Kirito Shy’s gone.”

“We know… he went to Craig, he’s fine.”

“That's good… but what do we do now?”

“Well… I did you have anyone you cared for or knew before you were stoned… anyone who may have any relatives still alive who could thank you?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Well, there were the Princesses… the only other person being… the lieutenant whose daughter we saved… what was his name?”

“It was something like Flutterguard… right?”

“Wait… what did you just say?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“One of our soldiers one thousand years ago… his name was Flutterguard when we were attacked he was given leave to see his daughter… did we ever find out her name?”

“No… we didn’t.”

“But… umm,” A voice said behind them before they turned around to see a yellow pegasus with a bright pink mane looking at them.

“Fluttershy… is something wrong?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Wait… Fluttershy… but that.” Asuna said.

“Yes… the stallion you knew… was related to me… my family has passed stories about you both down the generations about you both, but… as far as we know he just disappeared just under one thousand years ago… shortly after you for frozen.”

“How do you know this,”

“My mother… she gave me this amulet a long time ago” Fluttershy admitted as she showed then Kirito’s token before she added “She said it had sentimental value to the family before she told me the legend about you… the one the Princess tried to hide… none of us was able to thank you back then… but...”

“Fluttershy…. You know who they are right?”

“Yes…. Captains Kirito and Asuna… why?”

“You are aware you are close with their son…”

“Who’s their son?”

“Well older brother in my case,” Kirito added with a chuckle.

“Fluttershy… who’s the oldest human we know… one who we both… umm.”

“Well… there is Craig… who we both.” She then stopped as they both began to blush.

“You have a crush on my son… don’t you?”

Fluttershy just nodded as Rainbow Dash said “I guess we do… but… he’s not very open to love is he.”

“Well… he does fear getting close to people…” Asuna admitted.

“He’s not the only one,” Rainbow Dash chuckled as he looked to Fluttershy.

“Well… I think we need to visit some old friends… Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash we’ll be back later if you want to ask us anything.” Kirito admitted as wings appeared on both his and Asuna’s backs.

“Just one question before you go,” Fluttershy requested.

“What do you want to know,” Asuna replied.

“What happened to Sombra on the day you were frozen?”

“Ah… he’s right here… he’s partners with Kirito, they stick together and watch each other's backs,” Asuna explained.

“Then where is ‘redemption’ now?”

“Redemption… who’s that?” Sombra asked as he appeared standing on Kirito’s shoulder.

“It was your title on the statue she had made for you next to your stone prisons,” Rainbow Dash admitted.

“So… Luna wasn't lying to us last time… I think I owe Celestia and apology,” Sombra muttered.

“Well… we better inform the princesses of our return.” Asuna said as they both hovered above the ground,

“We'll see you both later,” Kirito replied before they both flew off as Sombra returned to Kirito’s shadow.


-1 hour later-

As they approached Canterlot castle what they saw left them with a very familiar feeling and look to the area around them. The castle was in a similar state to that of the Everfree castle one-thousand years ago, sections of it collapsed, the throne room barely standing and one of the towers looked to have almost collapsed inwards.

“Kirito… are you getting a sense of deja vu?”

“Yep… let's hope we don’t have a nightmare to deal with this time… I don’t fancy getting stoned again.”

“Well being the elements are with Craig right now that wouldn’t be an option.”

“Well… let's hope everyone got out of there,” Sombra admitted.

They then saw both Celestia and Luna standing near what would have been the statue garden however it looked to be covered under rubble as they landed behind them as they heard Luna say “Sister… I’m sure their statues can be recovered… there’s still a chance they can be saved.”

“Luna… the statues were directly under where the building collapsed… there's no chance they weren't destroyed… no chance that they are both gone.”

“A chance both of whom are gone, Princess?” Kirito asked hiding his voice.

“Just… some old friends of ours……” Celestia said as she turned around stopping mid sentence as she saw Kirito and Asuna standing in front of them.

“And who are you missing Princesses,” Asuna chuckled as she waved to them.

“But… when did you escape from your statutes?” Celestia asked.

“Well did you see the glow on Craig’s sword?” Asuna asked.

“Yes… I did… but was that?”

“Yes, it was the Elements of Harmony… he merged them with his sword somehow and used it to free us.”

“So… he finally did it… Harmonies edge’s true power has now been unleashed.” Luna said as we realised that she was speaking in almost perfect English.

“And what exactly is ‘Harmonies edge?’” Kirito asked.

“That is the true name of the sword we gave Craig,” Luna admitted.

“Okay then,” Asuna replied, “So… what are you going to do now… this place is wrecked.”

“Rebuild I guess,” Celestia sighed in annoyance.

“It’s not like we know someone who controls an army of soldiers to help right,” Asuna added.

“Actually… we do,” Kirito admitted.

“Who would that be?” Luna asked curiously.

“You have a new ruler in Equestria… a King to be more exact.”

“And may we have a name of this King.”

Asuna then smirked before she said “Oh you know him, he did save everyone today.”

Celestia’s eyes then went wide before she said “You mean Craig is now a King… of what exactly.”

“From what I understand the Changeling Hive that attacked… he may be able to send some of them to help rebuild Canterlot,” Kirito admitted.

“Well then we will have to congratulate him and make sure he knows we will help him in adjusting to his new role,” Luna admitted.

Seconds later a familiar voice said “Well we might be able to help with that.”

Kirito then turned around as he saw that Toyha was standing behind them with a group of what looked to be around twenty Changelings. “Toyha who sent you here?”

“That would be Shiroe under an order from our King, he asked for us to help rebuild Canterlot, there's already one hundred of us working on rebuilding nearby homes and Minori is helping the injured.”

“So I assume it was Craig that gave the order,” Celestia admitted.

“He may have… but we were sent to check if you required anything else from us?”

“We only require help in fixing Canterlot and we wish to get an audience with your king.” Luna requested.

“I will see what I can do Princess, if we may we will begin repairs immediately.” Tohya said as all the Changelings bowed and left the room.

“Well, looks like he is going to do his best it fix relations between ponies and Changelings,” Asuna chuckled.

“And we will do our best to help him,” Luna added.

“So… what will you do now?”

“We were hoping to take our old positions back in the guard,” Kirito admitted.

“That won’t be a problem… but… you may want to start using your holidays up… I didn’t stop accumulating them over the last thousand years.” Celestia admitted as he used her hoof to rub the back of her head.

“How long do we have accumulated?” Asuna asked curiously.

“Well, being you were all sealed away for one thousand years… I’d say at least a few years.” Celestia suggested.

“Princess… in all due respect… the guard is a real mess… they need whipping back into shape like they were one thousand years ago.”

“I can’t help that I was overburdened after all four of you disappeared,” Celestia argued.

“You couldn’t have just hired competent guards to lead them, I feel like this will take a long time to rectify as they are,” Kirito muttered.

“Well, we will have four of us to work through this mess… maybe remove any guards that are no longer suitable for duty?” Luna suggested.

“So you're saying offer certain guards early retirement?” Asuna asked.

“I guess that’s one way to look at it.”

“So what we watch a training session before we return to duty and pick out those who are not interested in training and fire them?” Kirito suggested.

“That may work and Luna can just be watching and working on who she thinks deserves to stay, for a Princesses point a view,” Asuna added.

“We… no… I think that is a good idea.” Luna said calmly.

“...Luna…. Did you just speak… normally.” Asuna said in surprise.

“I did… I suppose I'm getting used to how things are now.”

“That's good Princess.”

“Now… where are you going to stay for now… Canterlot’s not in a good way right now so we can’t accommodate you,” Celestia said sadly.

“We have a good idea of what we can do… a certain someone owes me a lot,” Asuna smirked as Luna nodded in understanding.

“Well then when it’s time for you to return I will come and fetch you personally,” Celestia said with a smile.

“Thank you Princess,” both Kirito and Asuna replied before they flew off back towards Ponyville.