• Published 19th Jun 2015
  • 2,940 Views, 60 Comments

Light's Rising, Shadow's Fall - jwizard



In the distant past, an evil king threatened all of Equus with a power play that was barely thwarted. A young polychromatic-maned pegasus would come to find her own connection to this lost battle, as she would rise to defend a pony close to her heart

  • ...
7
 60
 2,940

Chapter Seven: ...To The End

Equestria, Hoofington, 03-12-05, 5:22 A.M. A.N.M. (After Nightmare Moon)


Within minutes of the teleport, Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle found themselves in the corridor just outside of the Briefing Room. Nopony seemed to notice their entrance, as Twilight teleporting was a common enough occurrence that few commented on it.

The two mares strode into the room where only a few minutes before had been the scene of a pitched battle. Twilight noticed that Marigold was in the room still, looking haggard as she was being grilled by Captain Merit.

“Captain, Corporal Merigold didn’t tell you about Ironside’s involvement because she didn’t know,” Twilight snapped. “Don’t blame her about not disclosing information that I kept silent about, as I had little way in verifying his involvement.”

“With all due respect, Princess Twilight, we’re looking at a total destabilization of this city’s government!” the stallion snarled. “Over half of my troops are sealed behind those force domes, and we’re still cut off from both Canterlot and Trottingham! Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t you leave me in charge?! How in the HAY am I supposed to do my job with only part of the details?!”

Twilight facehoofed in aggravation. “Merit, I am sorry, but if I had told you, this city would be in Ironside’s full control. He would have sliced through your neck in a heartbeat if he knew you were a real threat to his position.” Twilight’s manner turned impassive. “I can, however, regain control of this city, so that we can figure out just what the buck happened here, and who is truly the head of the snake.”

Twilight’s tone took on a deep quality as she tapped into her alicorn authority. “I, Princess Twilight Amelia Sparkle Armor, Alicorn of Magic and Princess of Friendship, do declare the Equestrian Province of Hoofington under Martial Law. This is in accordance with the Founder’s Law, which gives me full legal power over ALL government-based enchantments Province-wide.”

A bolt of scintillating mana flared from Twilight’s horn as she activated the Sealing dome. “Commander Royal Merit, I hereby charge you with the task of arresting the now-powerless scofflaws, as only those of you in the Solar Guard, my own Dusk Guard, and my companions have access to their mana.” Twilight then made her way over to Marigold.

“Corporal Clever Marigold, Dame Rainbow Dash, and myself have been up for several hours now. With respect, I’d like for the three of us to get some rest.” She teleported a scroll case into the room. “This has all the evidence you now need to do your job Commander. Good fortune, Good Morn, and congratulations on a well-deserved promotion.”

With that, the alicorn teleported her party back to their quarters for whatever rest they could get.


Several hours later, Rainbow Dash gradually woke herself up from yet another run of the same dream. This time, however, there were far more details that she could recall besides light and fear, though they were just as confusing.

Why am I getting this intense feeling of love of all things? She asked herself. She then shook her head to dislodge the rest of the sleep from it. Rainbow noticed that there was a service tray with donuts, a variety of fruits, nuts, and berries, as well as coffees sitting in the corner.

The pegasus got up and walked over to the service to get herself something to eat. She noticed Twilight lying on the bed that had been across from her own.

The way that the alicorn was laying on her bed was all kinds of cute, and unaccountably, Rainbow blushed a bright red. Oh Celestia, all of a sudden I start thinking about that now of all times? The pegasus shook her head to try and shake the thoughts loose.

Even IF she’s gay, she’s still one of my best friends. We’ve got too much on our plates right now for anything like that anyway. I just hope she doesn’t start asking hard questions; it’s gonna be real hard keeping this under my wings. Whatever this is anyway.

Rainbow Dash made her selection and took her food back to her bed, only peripherally aware that she was levitating the coffee mug as she carried the rest of her food. She only noticed that when she took her first sip of the hot beverage. “Ugh! This is getting real annoying!” she grumbled.

Twilight started waking up just at that moment. She stretched, flexing her wings. This caused yet another blush to ride on Rainbow’s cheeks as she turned her head away. Fortunately, Twilight didn’t notice.

The purple alicorn walked over to the service tray herself to get her own breakfast. It was her that noticed that Clever Marigold wasn’t in the room. “Rainbow Dash, where did Marigold go off to?” she asked her friend as she made her way back to her bed, food in tow.

The pegasus looked surprised. “I dunno Twi; I just woke up myself a few minutes ago.” She looked at the clock on the wall. “Holy hay, it’s only that late? Thought it would be later.” She got up to stretch, fluffing her wings. She noticed as she did so that her primaries were far more defined than they had been even several hours ago. She groaned, not needing the reminder that she was changing.

Abruptly, her wings flared, sparks popping along their length. Twilight looked up sharply at this. “Rainbow Dash, did you just cast a disguise spell?” The alicorn walked over, carrying an apple in her magic. She scanned Rainbow’s left wing with her magic, nodding to herself. “Yes, you did; and a rather messy one too.” She then frowned, looking closer. “Wait, it’s not messy, it’s sparking between pegasi and unicorn mana. I’ve never heard of that before.”

Rainbow rolled her eyes. “Ugh, how long am I gonna have to put up with all of these changes?” she grumbled to her friend. “I mean, I get that I’m changing, but isn’t it supposed to happen gradually?”

Twilight sighed in frustration. “I honestly don’t know Rainbow Dash; you’re the first I’ve ever known personally to have undergone the process.” Twilight tapped her forehooves together pensively. “Cadance was already an alicorn when she became my foalsitter, and I never did ask about her past. I did know that she was born a pegasus like you, but that was information she let out in passing.” Twilight looked at Rainbow’s wings. “Still, I can at least help you disguise these wings a little better; you’re coming out in spots as it is.”

Rainbow groaned. “This is gonna be ‘studying for the Wonderbolts Reserve’ all over again, isn’t it?”

Twilight giggled at little. “Well, not as bad as that I hope.” She had a thoughtful look on her face. “Actually, I think I might be able to teach you at least a little in a more normal fashion.” She settled herself a bit better.

“I think the first thing we need to do is to get you to actually feel the mana inside of you; that’s why it’s all over the place.” Twilight levitated her bag over, and pulled out a long wooden dowel. “Normally, that’s not an issue, as pegasus magic is mostly a passive application of their ability to manipulate air currents.”

Twilight levitated the dowel, twirling it in her magic. “However, for a unicorn, pegacorn, or alicorn, our mana is something we’re constantly aware of. It’s one of the first things that’s taught to young unicorns, in order to cut back on magic flares.” Twilight tossed the dowel into the air; without thinking, Rainbow levitated it back up and floated it over to her friend. She then facehooved in aggravation. Twilight giggled again.

“See how you did that? You didn’t think, you just did. That shows that your instincts for certain things are more in line of a unicorn’s instincts.” Twilight ruffled her wings. “Once a unicorn learns to tap into their mana, levitation becomes second nature. We’re always aware of it one some level, though that’s for safety reasons.”

“I can think of only one way to actually teach you to feel your mana, and that’s to equate it to your training in the use of Arcane Wing.” Twilight giggled yet again at the confused look on Rainbow’s muzzle. “Oh, you’ll see.” Her grin fell a little. “This really isn’t the time, but I have to teach you the basics at least. After what happened to you last night, we have less time than I thought before your horn starts to grow in.” Twilight hugged her friend in reassurance as she saw that Rainbow was starting to panic a little. “Breathe Rainbow Dash; just breathe.”

The pegasus nodded, starting to breathe the way her sensei had taught her, closing her eyes at the same time. Within moments, she was already in a meditative state. Twilight took a moment to settle herself before she began to speak. “Alright Rainbow; now that you’ve calmed down, I want you to focus on your center.” Rainbow’s breathing became more relaxed as she listened to Twilight’s voice. “I want you to focus on that part inside of you that is the source of your magic.”

Rainbow Dash’s eyes moved rapidly as she focused within. The ball of magic within her being rippled as her awareness of it sharpened. “Feel this magic; it is still a part of you, as it is a part of every creature on Equus.” Twilight’s soft voice took on a firmness that was familiar to the pegasus.

“All creatures have magic, what we call mana. It is what gives us life, and it is what connects us to the Powers that created our world,” Twilight continued, still speaking softly. “Rainbow Dash, you use this energy to shape clouds and air currents. It is what allows you to fly, and you tap into its full potential whenever you do a Sonic Rainboom.”

Twilight shifted a bit before continuing. “Now I want you to do more, Rainbow Dash. I want you to embrace this energy the way a unicorn does. You cannot let it work passively any more; that is too dangerous to yourself and those around you. Become aware of it; its shape, form, and depth.” Twilight smiled as Rainbow’s wings began to glow softly, a sign that she was actively channeling her mana.

“Do not be afraid of it Rainbow Dash. Even though it is changing, it is still a part of you. You need to change with it.” Twilight nodded in satisfaction as the glow intensified. “Good, you have control over it. Now I need you to picture in your mind how your wings used to look. See each feather; feel each feather. Form that image in your mind.”

“Good Rainbow Dash; now I want you to focus on how your wings are now; you are not trying to make them be as they once were, you are simply trying to make them look that way.” Twilight smiled happily as Rainbow’s wings flared brightly once, then settled in the appearance they used to have. “You can open your eyes now Rainbow Dash. I want you to look at your wings when you do so.”

Rainbow’s eyes fluttered open; she turned her head, spreading out one of her wings. “Twilight, they look the same as yours, only they’re glowing softly,” she said, the calm of her meditative state still with her.

Twilight turned Rainbow’s head to the mirror on the far wall. Shocked, Rainbow saw that her wings looked like they always had. “Huh, now that’s a neat trick,” she said at length.

“This is the disguise spell that you were instinctively trying to use Rainbow; I just gave you what you needed in order make it completely active.” Twilight got up from the bed, moving over to her bags.

“Uh, Twi, this hum I’m feeling; is that normal?” Rainbow asked.

Twilight nodded, tilting her head. “Unicorns feel it all the time, though most aren’t aware of it since it’s something that we’re essentially born with.” Her expression turned stern. “Those of us that have strong wellsprings have to become aware of it however; it’s the only way to learn to prevent flares.”

“Flares? What’s that exactly?” Rainbow asked. She then looked shocked as a memory of a story Twilight had told the CMC years ago surfaced. “Wait, that’s what you did when you hatched Spike all those years ago, right?”

Twilight nodded, grinning sheepishly. “That was a really powerful one, but yes. Unicorn colts and fillies get them all the time as part of growing up. Few are ever that powerful, but there’s always a risk.” She tapped her hooves together pensively. “That’s why what I taught you should be part of every unicorn’s early education. Sadly, the tight-plots in the Equestrian School Board don’t see it that way,” she grumbled.

Rainbow nodded. Turning to her own bags, she levitated her brush out of them, this time fully aware of what she was doing. The hum intensified a bit, though it wasn’t uncomfortable. “Huh, I’m actually liking this some.” She grabbed the brush with her hoof and swept it through her mane. “Twi, why am I able to levitate objects without a horn anyway?” she asked as she brushed her mane.

Twilight was doing the same while reading a folder she had levitated out of her bags. “Hmm? Oh, that’s simple; you don’t actually need a horn to levitate something, unless you already have one.” She looked at her friend. “I can’t see it any more now that you have that excellent disguise spell up, but you’re actually channeling the levitation field through your wings.” Rainbow blushed a little at the compliment. Twilight set her brush down. “It’s quite likely that you’ll continue to do so, at least on an instinctive level. Until I start teaching you more unicorn-based spells.”

Rainbow put her brush back in her bag. “Okay, that’s just weird.” She tapped her hooves together, looking sad. She then looked up, tears standing in the corners of her eyes. “Twi, I’m scared,” she said softly, no longer able to hold the tears back.

Twilight quickly trotted over to hug her friend. “I know Rainbow; believe me, I know. I’m here for you.”

They sat that way for a few minutes until Marigold walked into the room. The unicorn waited patiently by the door until they noticed her. “Good Morning Princess Twilight, Miss Dash,” she said once they did. “I’m sorry I wasn’t here when you first woke up, but I had received word from the liaison we were supposed to get in contact with last evening. Her and I spent the last couple of hours going over what evidence concerning the aborted coup Ironside was involved with that Commander Merit has managed to gather.”

The mare walked over to where her own bags were sitting. “Unfortunately, I’ve been asked to lead you to City Hall; the remainder of the Assembly has lodged a formal complaint against you concerning the Martial Law you imposed.”

Twilight nodded. “I frankly expected that; believe me, I took no pleasure in that.” She motioned to Rainbow. “Rainbow, normally this wouldn’t involve you, but since your a material witness to all of the events that happened to us, Merit is going to need testimony from you.” Frowning, she turned to Marigold. “Have you received word from the Diarchs at all this morning?”

Marigold shook her head. “No, I haven’t. Commander Merit ordered me to wait until after he gets a full debriefing from the pair of you. Unless of course you give me permission,” she said, a sly smile appearing on her muzzle.

Twilight sighed. “Much as I’d like to inform the princesses about the fact that a prominent officer of the Equestrian Guard is currently a statue, I’ll abide by Merit’s decision. We still don’t have all of the details, and I’d like as much information before we send any reports.” She trotted to the door after levitating her saddlebags to her back. “Let’s not keep the good Commander waiting ladies.”

The other two mares nodded, following the alicorn to the waiting carriage.


Around twenty minutes later, the three mares met an aide-de-camp of the Commander. “Your Highness, Dame Rainbow Dash, Corporal Marigold, the Commander wishes to debrief you concerning a missing member of his corps,” the stallion said.

Twilight nodded. “I’m sure he does Corporal. Have several officers go to this address; they’ll find the traitor sealed in a stasis bubble.” The stallion frowned in anger, though not in surprise. He waved to two officers that had approached and gave them the slip of paper Twilight had just handed to him. He then led the three mares inside of City Hall.

They were led to one of the conference rooms shortly after entering, where the newly promoted Commander was waiting. “Princess Twilight, there are a few things you have neglected to inform me,” he said, an irritated expression on his muzzle. “I’m lacking one of my more recent aide-de-camps, one of the few trustworthy ones from Ironside’s officers I was able to find.”

Twilight just looked at the stallion. “Merit, try using your brain for once; none of Ironside’s troops were trustworthy.” The alicorn levitated a scroll from within her bags. “Every single one his officers was and is a separatist, and were fully involved in all three of the attempts on my life. The rank and file were too scared to do anything except follow orders; blackmail and threats against their families kept them in line.” She handed the unicorn the scroll. “You were informed of the fact that they all had such beliefs, and that Ironside couldn’t be trusted with his position; Princess Luna even warned you of the risks involved.”

“With all due respect your highness, having such beliefs is not a crime,” Merit said heatedly.

“Merit, history says otherwise,” the alicorn snapped, every bit as angry as he was. “Suprematist beliefs are all-too common, but most of those are smart enough to go some place where their beliefs won’t get them in trouble.” She stomped her hoof. “Every single separatist organization, on the other hoof, has actively sought to force pre-unification tradition.”

Twilight pointed at the file. “But we’re not here to discuss history; we’re here to discuss where your ‘aide’ is.” Her gaze turned impassive. “He’s currently sealed in a force barrier with a Class A limiter strapped to his horn; that was the least I was able to do with him after he turned State’s Evidence. He squealed when I made it plain that his direct involvement in a known assassin’s attempt on my life and the life of a fellow Element of Harmony was grounds for petrification.”

Merit blanched. “By Celestia, why would he even agree to something like that?!”

“Hatred and fear Commander,” Marigold said, after a lengthy pause. “Just like every bigot out there that has little to no understanding of how our race works.” She snorted. “They see wings or no horn as a sign of a different race, not possessing even a shred of understanding about basic pony biology.” Marigold stomped her hoof. “I know what it’s like, coming from the fact that I’m from a mixed family. My mother is an earth pony and my father is a pegasus. And yet idiots like this say I was adopted because there’s no way a mixed marriage like that could produce a unicorn.”

“Wait, they actually think that?! How stupid are they?!” Rainbow said in disbelief. “I know of a pair of earth ponies that have a set of twins that are a pegasus and a unicorn. How can they think something like that doesn’t happen?”

“It all goes back to what Corporal Marigold said; they hate and fear what they don’t understand. The Nocturne ponies, sea ponies, Quillin, and zebra all suffer the same discrimination.” The others looked confused at this statement, causing Twilight to facehoof. “Seriously, don’t they teach anything worthwhile in school? There’s more than just three pony tribes you know; zebra are just as much a member of our race as pegasi and unicorns are.”

Merit blinked. “You know, I remember my history teacher saying something along those lines.” He then scowled. “And I also remember that he was drummed out of his position for teaching that.” The stallion sighed. “This may help explain some of his reasoning; what I’d like to know is why he took the risk.”

Twilight sighed. “That’s simple; he was convinced that my having wings meant nothing; that I was little more than an overly powerful pegacorn.” She snorted. “Yet another example of having no concept of history. We may be lacking details, but it’s been proven that pegacorns are the precursors to every single pony tribe there is.”

Merit nodded before sighing. “Well, that explains some of what concerned me.” He frowned. “Now all we have to do is deal with the Assembly’s formal vote of No Confidence.”

Twilight snorted at that. “On whose authority did they call that vote? I called Founder’s Law; that means their authority is exempt until such time as either I or a representative of the Council of Eight says otherwise. And for that to work, said representative has to have been granted the position by the Priesthood of the Essences.”

Merit shrugged. “They seem to believe that their recent petition to sever Hoofington from Equestria gives them authority over you, your highness.”

Twilight rose from her seat, her expression intense. “Since I have evidence that some of them were involved in the conspiracy to have me assassinated, and the rest did nothing to stop it, their efforts have been invalidated.” She stomped her hooves yet again. “I also know that they still need a unanimous vote of all current citizens living in this province for a cede of separation to be validated. This vote of theirs has crossed the line; as far as the laws of this nation is concerned, they’re no longer worthy of considering themselves citizens. It’s time I made them aware of the fact.” Twilight motioned for the assembled ponies to follow her to the Council Room.

The other ponies all looked at each other before following her; they all realized that they were about to witness the largest legal action taken against government officials since the Fillydelphia Purge of 998 A.L.F.


The Council chamber was full, every mare and stallion present watching the chief council-pony with an uneasy nervousness as he droned on. There was a reason for their nervousness; standing alongside of the unicorn was several Priests of the Temple of Harmony.

The stallion was reiterating all of the evidence against Hoofington remaining part of Equestria. The nervousness the other council-ponies was feeling was offset by boredom, as the stallion- a known separatist -had been droning on for the last several hours. They could do nothing however, as he had the floor so long as the Priests were present.

“...I therefore propose that we send this unwanted pegacorn a message; that her actions were unwarranted and unjustified. This mare has yet to prove anything; rumor and the superstitious belief spread by the lying Sun Princess, who has-- *urk!*” his voice was abruptly cut off.

Simultaneously, the doors of the chamber slammed open, and Princess Twilight Sparkle, Alicorn of Magic and Princess of Friendship stalked forward.

Once she was level with the assembled council-ponies and clergy, Twilight turned towards the rest of the assembly. Not a single pony was able to discern how she felt, as her expression was completely impassive.

“Members of the Hoofington Assembly, your declaration of No Confidence upon myself, coming as it is during a crisis such as we’re currently experiencing, is one that is completely illegal. You must have the unanimous vote of all citizens of this Province; that is by both the Founder’s Law, and by the Charter of this Province. As two thirds of the popular vote rejected your proposal the first time you put it forward, you have crossed the line and are backing a military insurrection.”

Before Twilight was able to continue, an imperious hoof stomp from the senior Priest stopped her. “They did so on our Headmistress’ orders; she has declared you a false alicorn, and a traitor to Harmony; all of the so-called ‘Princesses’ are. One is a fallen alicorn that nearly plunged Equus into Eternal Night over one thousand years ago; the other is obviously in collusion with the powers of evil, having freed the Draconequus Discord.”

The priest stopped for a moment, gesturing to her fellow clergy. Twilight felt a pulse of mana as they gathered. Her anger rose as she realized that they had turned their backs on Harmony, willingly and openly.

Her wings flared, eyes glowing brightly. The next words she spoke were as old as they were powerful.

“By the Sky above and the Earth below, I call thou and thine a traitor to Harmony, and a worshipper of Chaos! Let Hope’s Judgement be upon thou and thine, Fallen!”

A brilliant flash of light flared in the center of the chamber. All of the runes that the fallen priests were using to protect themselves burned away, along with their power and knowledge of magic. A radiant form appeared in the light, gazing at the defiant priests. With a flash, the power of the Essences flared within them as Twilight backed away.

The six priests screamed in pain for a full minute as the power consumed every ounce of their mana; when it was complete, six crystalline statues stood where there was once six ponies.

Twilight collapsed as she felt the Power flow throughout Hoofington, only stopping when a chaotic barrier blocked off the Temple of Harmony.

Rainbow Dash and Clever Marigold rushed over to their friend, noticing the tears rolling down her face. Rainbow glared at the approach of Commander Merit and another council-pony; this one was a pegasus, and was wearing judge’s robes.

“Princess Twilight, I know that what you have called upon has brought you great distress, but we have received word from the Order of Gaia that Chaos is in control of the Temple of Harmony.” The stallion looked distressed. “I do this in supreme reluctance, as you should not have had to deal with what has been our own problem; we should have asked for assistance from the Diarchy long before this. The High Court of the Province of Hoofington grants you full right and authority to take military action against the traitors of Harmony that have beleaguered our city.”

Twilight rose to her hooves with difficulty, tears still streaming down her muzzle. An outpouring of love and sympathy from Rainbow Dash enabled her to regain control of her emotions, though she was still unable to completely suppress them. She nodded to the judge before walking off.

Rainbow Dash followed her, her own emotions just as tangled. She turned to Merit. “Commander, secure this chamber; these council-ponies still have to answer for their treachery concerning the abortive attempts on Princess Twilight’s life.” She then motioned to Marigold to assist the commander as she followed Twilight.


Less than twenty minutes later, the two ponies landed in front of a chaotic dome blocking off an ornate, yet simple temple.

Rainbow Dash hadn’t been to a Temple of Harmony since she was a foal. Her grandfather had taken her to the one in Cloudsdale after one of her many fights with the colts at Flight Camp. She was surprised to see that this one was virtually identical, only made out of stone instead of solidified clouds.

Twilight stalked up to the barrier as Rainbow shook off her memories. The barrier began to writhe as the two mares approached it. Twilight reared on her hind hooves and stomped on the barrier, hard. It didn’t so much as dissolve as it simply ceased to be; one moment it was there, the next, gone.

The two ponies walked through the door, passing through the chaotic energies that were swirling inside the temple. As they made their way into the central chamber, the energy did its best to alter their state. The bubble of force that both Twilight and Rainbow Dash was projecting was more than enough to counter the energies. Unbeknownst to either of them, the light surrounding them was also purifying said energies. Were Twilight paying attention, she would have seen Rainbow Dash’s wings flare every time a nimbus of light blocked a burst of chaos mana.

It was only a few minutes later that they stood before the central doors. Twilight stomped her hooves in front of the sealed doors; they fell inward with a crash.

Swirling colors of light greeted them as they entered the malestrom. The unicorn priest in the center glared at them balefully, swiping her horn in broad motions.

Whips of chaos mana burst against the shield of Twilight’s power. She stopped, and simply looked at the fallen pony. Her eyes were blank and expressionless as she gazed at one who had turned their back on all that was good and pure in the world.

Shrugging her wings, Twilight decided that enough was enough; nothing could be said. The mare had made her choice, and Twilight had already mourned her dissolution. She simply stepped into the circle.

Her power burned away the chaos and darkness runes that the now-nameless unicorn had surrounded herself with. The blessings laid into the very stone of the temple flared outward.

The Statues representing the Virtues of Harmony began to glow; each glow matched the color of each Element. Twilight and Rainbow Dash also began to glow; the Power of Friendship helped the alicorn in her pain, and she sighed internally in relief.

Beams of light flashed forward from the eyes of each statue, impacting the mare in the center. She screeched as the Power of Harmony stripped her of her mana, her knowledge, and her talent. The chaotic energies within the temple simply faded away as her Cutie Mark faded.

The mare looked up at the other two ponies present. Her eyes glowed black, and her horn turned a deep red. A scintillating bolt of mana struck her as this happened, causing her body to warp and shift.

The newborn demon screeched in glee as it was freed from its mortal shell, only to have a bolt of rainbow light strike it dead center. It simply faded into oblivion, with only an after-image left over.

All that was left was a tattered piece of the robe the unicorn had been wearing. On it was an embroidered crest of House Lemyre.

Twilight gathered this up, then nodded to Rainbow Dash. Neither of them spoke as they made their way to the personal quarters of the now-vanquished fallen Headmistress; there was more evidence to gather.


Far to the north, a dark presence screeched in great pain as a huge chunk of his power was severed away. He began to send the call for his willing servants to redouble their efforts, to ensure that the ones now unknowingly heading to him would not succeed.


Author's Note:

My reasoning for some of the plot I used in this chapter can be found in this blog post.

And I didn't think it would be possible to write a three-part story block without marking it as such.

Aren't I just a crafty fellow?

*flexes fingers happily*

Yes... yes I am :twilightsmile: