• Published 8th Jul 2015
  • 6,325 Views, 49 Comments

A Displaced Machine - Prince_Zodiac



Gale was always fascinated by the stories that were told of people disappearing at conventions and of them supposedly going to new worlds. However, he never thought he would join the massive number of people that had disappeared.

  • ...
33
 49
 6,325

Chapter Five: The Human World


Chapter Five: The Human World


{Gale's POV}

So after the whole fiasco with Deathwing and the others, Alduiin, the twins, the mane-6, and I were sitting in Twilight's castle, specifically, the throne room (don't ask me how Alduiin got in here, I don't rightly know myself). Or would that be council room because of all of the chairs? Ah well, doesn't really matter to me what it's called. Anyways, we were all kind of doing our own thing until a delivery stallion came into the room, with a stack of books on a cart behind him.

"Delivery for Princess Twilight Sparkle!" he said. Twilight came up to him.

"Oh thanks," she said. "Just put them all in the library."

"Even the one that's glowing and buzzing?" he asked.

"Huh?" Twilight said. I looked at the stack and there was indeed a book that was glowing and buzzing. It kind of reminded me of a cell phone buzzing from receiving a text. All of this then made me realize, it was time for Equstria Girls 2: Rainbow Rocks. Aw yeah! This was one of my favorite movies, and now I was going to live it! Anyways, Twilight opened the book and read what was inside.

"What is it Twi?" Apple Jack asked.

"I think it's a message from my friends at Canterlot High!" Twilight exclaimed. "It looks like Sunset Shimmer wrote it. She says that there are five new students and two substitute teachers that seem really weird, like Equstrian weird." Wait, five students and two subs? That's not what happened in the movie. I pondered this thought as Twilight and her friends went on with their shenanigans. These extra students and subs could spell trouble. Maybe we should go with Twilight. I then looked up and saw Twilight had finished the portal and had already explained what it did. I then housed my idea.

"Hey Twi," I said.

"Yeah Gale?" Twilight asked me.

"That's quite a few possible threats, maybe me and Alduiin should go with you."

"I agree," Alduiin said.

"Well," Twilight said, pondering the idea. "from what you guys have told me about yourselves, there shouldn't be duplicates of you, so I guess that's okay." YES! We lined up and entered the portal one by one (again, don't ask me how Alduiin fit through the portal). But, when we entered, we weren't in what I thought would be the portal's passageway. We were in the void. At least, me and Alduiin, with the twins fused with him, were.

"Ah Ha ha ha ha ha!" I heard some happy laughter that sounded slightly insane, but not enough so that it required help.

"Who's there?" Alduiin called out.

"Oh it's just me guys!" said a voice that was slightly demonic, but not deeply pitched. I turned towards the source of the voice and saw, well I don't know what I saw. It was a skeleton, with a black cape tied around it's neck with a red gem holding it there. It had a staff that had a mini Tirek skull on the top, and a spear tip on the bottom.

"Who, are you?" I asked.

"My name is Marx," it said with a bow, "and I'm your displacer."

"What?" Alduiin said. "But, I thought the merchant was."

"Oh he would have been," Marx said, "had I not intervened. Remember how the items that sent you here came off the wall and forcefully attached to you?" We nodded. "Well, that was me!" he said with glee.

"But, why?" I asked.

"Well, I always hated the merchant, so I was really happy when you two attacked him. But when I saw what he was planing to do, I couldn't let it happen! You see, he wanted to send you two to Tartarus, so I gave you two another chance."

"Oh," Alduiin said. "Well thanks, I guess. But why show yourself now?"

"Well," Marx said, "the merchant wasn't too happy about me intervening, so he sent two agents to destroy you two. Alduiin, yours is the Dovakiin, but I don't know Gale's. But I didn't come to just tell you two this. You see, somehow the Dovakiin managed to go to Equestria's human world. I don't know what he looks like, or what he's doing. That's why I'm going to have you two arrive a few days early!" We both nodded.

"That's very kind of you Marx," Alduiin said. "You have my thanks."

"Mine too," I said.

"Aw, you guys are making this all sentimental," he said while whipping a red tear, that also could have been blood, from his right eye. "Well, you two better get going." He waved goodbye, and sent us on our way.

{Twilight's POV}

After my body had gone from pony to human, I launched out of the portal. After sitting up, my human friends greeted me.

"Twilight!" they all cried rushing up to help me up. Once they did, Rarity spoke.

"Are you alright darling?" I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine, but the entire school could be in grave danger," I said. They all gasped. "From what you girls told me, I think three of those strange students are Sirens."

"Sirens?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Yes," I replied. "Creatures from ancient times that feed on negative energy that they create by singing."

"Well, what about the other two students and subs?" Apple Jack asked.

"I have no idea what they could be," I said. "I might be able to tell once I see how "strange" they are. But first, I want to introduce you all to some friends I made recently." I looked behind the girls to where I thought they would be, but I didn't see them.

"Um, who are you talking about Twilight?" Sunset asked.

"Huh," I said. "I could have sworn that they had come in right after me. I hope they're okay."

"I'm sure they're fine darling," Rarity said.

"Maybe the portal just didn't let them through," Fluttershy said. That seemed to make the most sense.

"Well, we only have two classes left," Rainbow said. "Why don't you come with me Twilight, and I'll show you the first weird sub." I nodded and followed Rainbow. She led me down the halls that were full of other students. We turned a corner, and walked into a classroom.

"Okay Twilight, there he is." Rainbow said, pointing to the front of the class. Standing behind a desk that was in front of a whiteboard, was a man that was a little bit taller than me. He had light gray hair that was spiked back. It didn't look gray with age, it just seemed to be his natural hair color. He was wearing a gray, unzipped jacket with a white undershirt. He had gray jeans, and gray shoes. He looked really familiar for some reason. Then, I saw the name on the board.

'Oh you have got to be kidding me,' I thought. It said Mr. Alduiin. So that's were he went. Oh he has got some explaining to do.

"So, do you think he's from..." Rainbow asked.

"Oh yeah, he is," I said.

"How do yo-" Rainbow began.

"Because I know him personally," I said. I sat down next to Rainbow and stared at him. Then class began.

"Good evening class," he said.

"Good evening Mr. Alduiin" everyone replied.

"Okay, let's take attendance shall we?" he said again. He started calling out names. Eventually he got to Rainbow.

"Rainbow Dash?" he asked.

"Here," Rainbow said in a bored manner.

"Okay, Twilight Sparkle?" Wait, he called my name? Why would he, oh never mind. It's Alduiin.

"Here?" I said.

"Ah, finally decided to join us now?" he asked looking right at me. Oh screw you.

"I've been, traveling," I said.

"Oh I'm sure of that," he said. Then class went on like normal. At first, I thought that Alduiin wasn't going to be any good at teaching, but he did surprisingly well. As far as I could tell at least. After a little while, class was over. We all started to walk out but then.

"Miss Sparkle, Miss Dash, if would stay here for a moment." Alduiin said. After everyone left, we walked up to his desk. "So, took you long enough," he said.

"Oh screw you," I said. "How'd you get here before I did?"

"I got some help from an outside source, I'll explain later," he replied. "For now, I'd love to meet this world's versions of your friends."

"Oh, right" I said. "Alduiin, this is Rainbow Dash. Rainbow, Alduiin."

"Pleasure to meet you," Alduiin said holding out his hand. Rainbow took it.

"Yeah, you too," she said.

"So, I assume your going to see Gale in your next class?" Alduiin asked.

"I don't know, depends if any of my friends have his class," I said.

"Ah, you shouldn't just be going into random classes, your lucky my class just happened to be on your schedule."

"Schedule?" I said. "I don't have a schedule."

"Check your backpack," Alduiin said. I just shrugged and took off my back pack and started looking.

"I think this was what he was talking about," Spike said suddenly popping out of my backpack, holding a piece of paper.

"Oh, thanks Spike," I said. He nodded and dove back into my backpack. I took a look at the paper that he gave me. It was indeed a school schedule. I looked up at Alduiin.

"Plague slipped it in when you first got out of the portal," Alduiin said. "If you want to know how you'll have to ask him." Huh, never thought Plague could be the sneaky type.

"Who's Plague?" Rainbow asked.

"He's one of the two students that I said I didn't know what they were," I answered. "In all honesty, even though I've meet him, I don't know what he is."

"But, those two students are just little kids," Rainbow said.

"That's them," Alduiin said.

"Oh, well, how do you know them Twilight?" Rainbow asked me.

"They're Alduiin's kids," I said.

"Really?" Rainbow said. "But, he doesn't look old enough to have kids of that age."

"Well, back home I'm a huge dragon but," Alduiin said matter of factly.

"WHAT?" Rainbow cried. "YOUR REALLY A-"

"Yes I am but there's no time," Alduiin interrupted her. "You girls need to get to class."

"Right," I said. "Come on Rainbow." We then left for our next class. I looked at my schedule. My last Class was apparently P.E. We walked all the way to the gym. Once I got there, I saw the rest of my friends were there too. Me and Rainbow walked up to them.

"Hey Twi," Apple Jack said. "So, did you find out if that sub was from Equestria or not?" I nodded.

"Yeah, he is," I said. "But don't worry, both of the subs and those two other students are friends of mine. They somehow just got here before I did."

"Well that's good," Sunset said. "I thought we would be having a huge problem."

"A huge problem with what?" a said a girl's voice behind us. We all turned around and saw two kids. One, the girl, had long, black hair, that started turning purple from the center out. Except for the hair that was just above her face, that was just black. She had a purple jacket on, with black stripes, and a black undershirt. She had black jeans, and black shoes. She looked to be about, seven years old. Same with the boy next to her. He had black hair that was spiked back like Alduiin's. His was completely black, unlike his partner's. He was wearing a green jacket, and a black undershirt. He had black jeans, and black shoes. I could only guess who these two were.

"Plague, Amnesia, is that you?" I asked.

"Yep!" Plague said. So that meant they had this class with us? Huh.

"So, who are all of them?" Amnesia asked, pointing to my friends.

"Oh, these are all of my friends," I said. "From this world at least."

"Oh, I thought they looked familiar," Amnesia said. "So I guess they have the same names?"

"Yep," I answered.

"Hey wait," Plague said, "I don't recognize her." He pointed to Sunset.

"Oh, her name's Sunset Shimmer." I said.

"Nice to meet you, my name's Amnesia," Amnesia said.

"Mine's Plague," Plague said.

"Well it's nice to meet you too." Sunset said. She was about to say something else, but then the substitute came in. Now he definitely looked familiar, and I think I know why. He had light blue hair, that was long and was spiked towards the ground, running down his back. He had heterochromia eyes. One was red, the other was yellow. He had a blue jacket, with a light blue undershirt, blue jeans, and light blue shoes. I was pretty sure that was Gale.

"Alright class line up!" he shouted. Everyone lined up. "Okay, let's take attendance." I didn't really pay attention till he started calling the names of my friends.

"Apple Jack?" Gale called.

"Here," AJ replied.

"Fluttershy?" Gale called.

"H-Here," Fluttershy said in a small voice.

"Pinkie Pie?" Gale called.

"Here!" Pinkie said excitedly.

"Rainbow Dash?" Gale called.

"Here!" Rainbow said excitedly.

"Rarity?"

"Here,"

"Twilight Sparkle?" Again with those two calling my name. Well, I guess I should have expected it this time.

"Here," I said.

"Sparkle where have you been?" Gale asked. Oh COME ON!

"Trave-" I started.

"Nevermind, I don't need any excuses," WHAT?!?! Oh he is going to pay BIG TIME when this is over.

"Alright everyone, get to your lockers and get dressed," Gale said. Everyone nodded and walked towards the lockers. I walked up to Gale, and punched him in the face.

"OW!" he said. "What the hell was that for?"

"For calling me out and acting like I just had some random excuse for not arriving in class!" I shouted.

"Okay okay, sorry," Gale said holding his hands up. "I've got a disguise to keep though so I kind of had too."

"Whatever," I said. "Now we have a bit of a problem because I have no lock-"

"Yes you do," Gale said handing me a piece of paper. "Here. This has your locker code and number. Don't lose it." I took the piece of paper.

"Man, you guys really prepared for my arrival, but why?" I asked. "It's not like we're going to be here long."

"We might be here longer than you think," Gale replied.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I don't have the time to explain it now, but the sirens may not be the only dangerous additions to the school," Gale said.

"What do you mean by tha-" I started.

"Like I said, no time to explain," Gale interrupted me. "Now go and get dressed." He shooed me away and I entered the looker room to get changed. After we all got changed, we headed back to the gym. P.E. was pretty boring. We did sit-ups and push-ups, ran laps around the track, pull-ups. Nothing really worthy of note. Once that was over with, school was finally over. I meet my friends out in the front of the school. We waited there and talked for a while, till Alduiin, Gale, and the twins showed up. They walked out from the front of the building. I walked up to them.

"You boys have some explaining to do," I said.

"Right um, who wants to start?" Gale asked Alduiin.

"I guess I will," Alduiin said. He walked up to me. "As you know Twilight, we got sent here a few days early. This was because a being know as Marx showed up. He warned us that the Sirens may not be the only threat to this school, and sent us here a few days early so we could investigate."

"However, upon our arrival, we noticed something," Gale continued. "We didn't have the bodies of teenagers. No, we had the bodies of adults. At first, this was a problem. I mean, how would an adult enter the school during school hours if they weren't part of the staff? That's when it hit me. All we had to do was become part of the staff! So, we tracked down two of the school's teachers, and set our plan in motion."

"First, I used my magic to make them believe that they had caught a terrible flu," Alduiin said. "Then Gale used his tech expertise to make it look like we were being sent in as substitutes. We've been acting as such ever since. We also prepared for your arrival Twilight."

"We did that because we may be staying here for a couple of days," Gale said. "You see, we've been trying to track down the other threat. However, we haven't even caught sight of him. He obviously doesn't want us to find him, and he's pretty good at hiding. Because of that, we've made arrangements so that both you, me, Alduiin, and the twins can stay here for an indefinite time period. That way, we have as much time as we need to find this guy."

"Wait, so the Sirens aren't the only thing we have to watch out for?" Sunset asked.

"The Sirens are the least of our worries," Alduiin said. "The one we're hunting right now has more power than the Sirens could ever grasp, even with your magic Twilight. He's our top priority." Alduiin said. We all gasped.

"More power than the Sirens?" I said. "B-But that's crazy!"

"It's the truth Twilight," Gale said. "But we'll handle him for now. In the mean time, you girls can focus on the Sirens. We've had the battle of the bands moved back a day or so, allowing you, Twilight, to develop a counter spell."

"What?" Rarity said. "But how? When we went to principle Celestia, she was under the Siren's control."

"The Sirens aren't the only ones with mind control powers," Alduiin said "There grip on her was strong, so I couldn't get rid of the competition, I could only delay it."

"Well that certainly helps," I said. Alduiin nodded.

"Well, we're going to head home," he said. "The rest of you should too."

"Well where are you guys going to go?" Rainbow asked.

"Oh we bought a house," Gale said.

"What?" I said. "How? Actually, never mind, I don't want to know."

"Okay, and you Twilight?" Rarity asked.

"Me and Spike slept in the library last time, we should be fine," I said.

"WHAT?" Rarity said. "No way darling, we can't let you do that. Your staying with one of us."

"Really?" I said. "I don't want to impose..."

"Nonsense darling," Rarity said. "We're all friends here, and friends help other friends when they're in need."

"SLEEPOVER!" Pinkie cried.

"Sleepover?" Plague said.

"What's a sleepover?" Amnesia asked. Pinkie gasped.

"Wait, you don't know what a sleepover is?" Pinkie asked. The twins shook their heads. Pinkie gasped again. "Oh, my, GOD! How do you not know what a sleepover is? Oh we have to bring them along!"

"Ah aint got a problem with it," AJ said.

"I'm fine with it," Rarity said.

"Sure, why not?" Rainbow said.

"I-I'm okay with it if all of you are," Fluttershy said.

"I don't have a problem with them coming," I said.

"Then it's settled," Pinkie said. "You two are coming with us!"

"Yay!" the twins cried. We all piled into Pinkie's van.

"Bye Dad!" Plague said.

"See you tomorrow!" Amnesia said.

"You two be good now, alright?" Alduiin said.

"We will!" the twins both said as we drove off. They waved good bye, and Alduiin waved back. We got on the road and were on our way to Pinkie's. Halfway there, Plague spoke up.

"I'm hungry," Plague said.

"Me too," Amnesia said.

"Don't worry," Pinkie said. "There's plenty of sweets at my house!"

"That's not what they mean Pinkie," I said. I turned to the twins. "How long have you two gone without fusing with someone?"

"Maybe, two hours?" Plague said.

"Two and a half?" Amnesia said. I nodded.

"I think it's more like closer to three," I said. The twins both nodded. "Alright then, fuse with me." The twins beamed before they turned completely black. Then then became blobs that leaped at me and covered my body.

"Twi!" Apple Jack said in a panic.

"It's okay girls," I said as they started to finish fusing with me. Once they were done, any evidence of the blobs vanished, and I looked perfectly fine. "They just needed to fuse with someone."

"What?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"They don't eat," I said. "When they say they're hungry, they mean they need to fuse with someone. For some reason they can't remain out on their own for more than three hours. That's why they're usually fused with Alduiin."

"Oh," Rainbow said and everyone relaxed, apparently thinking the twins were attacking me. After a little while, we made it to Pinkie's house. We spent the whole day chatting and playing games. Eventually, everyone got into their pajamas, Fluttershy let me borrow an extra pair, and we all hung out in Pinkie's room. Rainbow Dash, Apple Jack, and the twins were in a video game tournament. Dash and AJ were currently playing. The twins would take on whoever won. I, in the mean time, was working on the counter spell. It wasn't going well. I had no idea on what to write. My mind was completely blank! I sighed. This was going to be a lot harder than I thought.

"Everything okay Twilight?" Fluttershy asked me.

"Huh?" I said. "Oh, yeah, everything is going just great!"

"I certainly hope so," Fluttershy replied. I nodded.

"Yeah, me too. Oh, and thanks for letting me borrow your notebook, some of the songs you've written in here are really good."

"Thanks Twilight," Fluttershy responded. Suddenly, the door bell rung.

"Pizza's here!" Pinkie cried with joy. Everyone, except me and the twins, rushed out to get some. The twins were about to leave too, until they saw me. They came up to me and sat down on either side of me.

"You okay Twilight?" Plague asked.

"Yeah I'm fine," I said in a monotone.

"What's wrong?" Amnesia asked.

"It's just that the counter spell is taking longer than I thought," I replied. We sat there for a moment in silence.

"You know what dad would say right now?" Amnesia asked.

"He'd say not to give up, that no matter what, if you give it all you've got, then that's more than enough," Plague finished. I smiled and hugged them.

"Thanks you two, I needed that," I said. They smiled and hugged me back.

"You're welcome Twilight," They both said. Then Pinkie came in.

"Are you guys going to come and get your pizza?" she asked.

"Yeah!" the twins both said and rushed out of the door. I smiled and giggled at their excitement. I then followed them down the stairs to get some pizza.

Author's Note:

SUPER LONG CHAPTER! The longest one yet. Hope you all enjoy!