• Published 8th Jul 2015
  • 6,323 Views, 49 Comments

A Displaced Machine - Prince_Zodiac



Gale was always fascinated by the stories that were told of people disappearing at conventions and of them supposedly going to new worlds. However, he never thought he would join the massive number of people that had disappeared.

  • ...
33
 49
 6,323

Chapter Fifteen: The End


Chapter Fifteen: The End


A long long time ago, there was a council. This council was created by Displacers, with the head of them all being a powerful displacer named Author. They were created to fight off the Nightmare Fuels that plagued the multiverse, and fight them they did. For countless centuries they fought, doing whatever they could to keep the multiverse safe. However, they never could have prepared for what came next. From the realm of nightmares, the Black Plain, a being of absolute power arose. His name, was Xram. He took control of one of the council members, the only one that could open a portal to this realm, and escaped the empty void of nightmares that he called home. When he escaped, the entire multiverse was doomed. The council tried to fight him, but they could not even compare to his power. Then, one day, the council members found the Reality Stars. With these, they were able to seal Xram away, and get their old council member back. However, Author knew one day he would break out again, so the only thing he could do was prepare. Prepare by creating a warrior that would fight off the Nightmares, and Xram.


{Lisa’s POV}

Why? Why was this happening? What did we do to deserve this shit? First, I find someone that I, kind of like. Gale was nice, he was funny, and he sacrificed himself to save me. Now he’s possessed by something that is trying to kill us all. And then there’s Symbol. He had a future, he had friends and family that miss him, and now they’re all going to die because Symbol and Gale came to my world which now I’m pretty sure is gone. Marx can’t open a portal to it, and Xram wants to destroy every universe. Why would he spare mine?

“Lisa?”

I can’t even begin to understand what’s happening. Now, I’m afraid. I’ve been afraid of many things, now mostly I’m afraid to die. To die here, and to die now.

“Lisa?”

There’s nothing we can do either, is there? Symbol, the most powerful of us got killed easily by Xram, what chance do we have?

“LISA!” Marx jolts me awake.

“Huh? What?”

“Come on we’ve gotta go!” Marx helps me up and we rush out of the building which I now realize, is collapsing. We rush outside to see the chaos and carnage that has been unleashed.

There was pillars of fire everywhere, the sky had turned blood red and the clouds black. Cities and Villages burned, screams of dying ponies could be heard throughout the land. Celestia looked out in horror.

"Why...why is this happening?" We then heard Xram give out a bloodcurdling evil laugh.

We all looked up to see him floating above us with a ball of light floating beside him.

"Enjoying the view mortals? I know a certain spirit of chaos that would absolutely love all this chaos!" The Symbol look-alike stepped forward.

“Why? Why are you doing this? What did we ever do to you?! What did Symbol ever do to you?!”

“Well for starters Symbol is the only one that has a chance to stop me. As for the rest of you, nothing. But that’s what makes this enjoyable.” He tossed us Symbol’s dead body.

“Here. I suppose during your last moments I’ll let you grieve.” As he fell, the Symbol look-alike caught him, and kneeled with him in his arms. Everyone was either crying their eyes out, or gritting their teeth in anger. So this was all really happening. It was the end of the multiverse. All life as we know it, will cease to exist. This was all my fault. I broke down into tears. Marx walked up to me and hugged me.

“I-It’s my fault. This is all my fault.”

“What do you mean?”

“If they never came to my world, then Gale wouldn’t be possessed and Symbol would still be alive.” Marx just hugged me tighter, as did some of the others. Marx got out of the group hug and looked at Xram in fury. A portal opened and another person stepped out.

”So he’s back now is he?”

“Yes, he is. And our only hope, your son, was killed by him.”

He’s too strong for any of us, isn’t he?”

“Way too strong. None of us even come close. Not even with our power combined.”

”So then what should we do?” Marx grimmanced.

“Even if it means we are just killing ourselves, I say we go and avenge those that have died by his hands.”

”I couldn’t agree more.”

Author looked around until he spotted Symbol in the other boy's arms. He walked over and placed a hand on Symbols head. "You did good son, you did good."

{Marx’s POV}

Author and I stood, facing the monster that was Xram. He was destroying everything. Then, once he was done with this place, he would send it into a rip in time and space. The only one that could possibly defeat him, was dead. We could only hope that we could hold him off long enough to let everyone else escape.

“XRAM!” He turned to us.

“Ah Marx, oh and Author's here too. Excellent. Now I’ve already killed my most dangerous opponents, but getting my revenge on the same day? Now that’s a bonus.” Author and I glared at him. Then, we took to the skies and charged. Xram grinned and charged at us. He threw a claw at us but we dodged. I charged up a magic blast and hit him in the back of the head, while Author did the same to his chest. Xram grunted in annoyance, turned in mid air, and smacked us both down with his tail. We recovered and flew around him, firing magic blasts all the while. Xram just smirked, and held out his hands. Suddenly, we were stopped by his magic, and he levitated slammed us together in front of him. Then, he charged up a huge amount of magic, and fired it at us, point blank. We were sent flying back to everyone.

“Oh god Marx!” I just grunted in pain, and held out my hand. A portal opened up, and out popped Alduin and the Twins, all of them were back to being normal dragons.

“Marx? What’s happening?”

“A very... powerful being has… possessed Gale. It...killed Symbol. Now it’s… destroying everything.” Alduin looked at his brother in horror. “Please, get everyone out of here. Your universe is far enough away that you’ll all be able to live for a few years before he gets to you.”

Alduin looked to the group of people and ponies gathered in front him. He studied them, before his face turned furious. The Twins fused together to make Epidemic, and he walked up to Alduin.

Are we?

“Yes, I think we will.” Epidemic nodded before becoming all black, and fusing with Alduin. They started to grow to a massive size, as big as Xram was. They grew three heads, three tails, and massive wings. They had even grew fore legs, and their wings moved to their back. Their scales turned red, and their eyes, were like Venom’s. They finished fusing, and roared in fury. They took to the skies and flew at Xram. Xram turned, and then got slammed by the new being. He was slammed into the ground before he was grabbed and tossed into the mountainside. Xram got himself out once the dust cleared, and glared at Alduin and Epidemic’s combined form.

“Alright, I must admit I’m impressed, that actually hurt. This world may have actual challenge to it.”

BE PREPARED XRAM. THIS IS THE DAY YOU DIE!” Xram just chuckled.

“Very well, you want to kill me? Fine! Go ahead and try! But before this battle starts, I must know your name.”

WE ARE THE COMBINATION OF ALDUIN AND EPIDEMIC. WE ARE THE ONE THAT WILL SPELL YOUR END. WE ARE APOCALYPSE, AND WE WILL BE YOUR EXIT FROM THIS WORLD! YOU KILLED SYMBOL, WE WILL AVENGE HIM!

“Hm, you truly believe that? Very well then, let this battle commence!” They flew at each other and clashed, trying to overpower one another. Xram lifted his right arm back and tried to punch one of Apocalypse's heads, but he swerved his heads away. He then clamped one onto Xram’s neck and bit down.

“AHH!” Xram grabbed Apocalypse and tore him off, then punched him in the chest, sending him back down to the ground. He recovered, and roared in anger. He flew at Xram and blasted him with blood red fire. Xram grimaced from the fire, but charged through it and tackled Apocalypse. As they went down, Apocalypse bit Xram with all three of his heads, hard. They slammed into the ground, but then Xram was kicked off of Apocalypse and into the air, where he was blasted by a huge amount of fire. Xram crossed his arms in front of him and took the flames. The flames stopped, and Apocalypse quickly rose into the air and tackled Xram, biting him on the way down. They slammed into the ground, and Apocalypse stood back up.

“Wait did… did they kill him?”

“They.. they did! We’re saved!” Everyone started cheering. At first I too thought it was over, but then a giant red energy blade rose up and impaled Apocalypse through the chest. Xram got up, and slammed Apocalypse into the ground. He took to the skies and started charging up a huge amount of power.

“YOU THINK YOU CAN STOP ME?! ME AND MY MISSION TO MAKE THE MULTIVERSE IN MY IMAGE?! NOT A CHANCE!!” He continued to charge up the blast till it was at full power. He was about to fire it when...

“STOP!”

{Lisa’s POV}

Apocalypse stood triumphant over Xram. I thought it was over, I thought we won, then Apocalypse got impaled by one of Xram’s blades. He threw Apocalypse down, and started to charge up an attack. I didn’t know what happened next. I was just gone. I teleported in on top of Apocalypse and shouted at the top of my lungs.

“STOP!” Xram stopped and looked at me.

“Ah, well if it isn’t little Lisa. Come to die with this fool that thinks he can stop me.”

“GALE! I KNOW YOU’RE IN THERE! I NEED YOU TO FIGHT IT! FIGHT XRAM! GET YOUR BODY BACK!”

“You’re calling out to Gale? But my dear, he’s already gone.”

“COME ON! WHERE’S THE GUY THAT TOOK ME TO THE CHEMICAL PLANT ZONE?WHERE HE MADE A BET WITH ME ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT WE COULD GO TO THAT CITY IN THE BACKGROUND!? WHERE’S THE GUY THAT MADE ME LAUGH WHEN HE TOLD ME HOW MANY TIMES HE RAN INTO WALLS WHEN HE WAS ADJUSTING TO HIS SPEED?! WHERE’S THE GUY THAT RISKED HIS LIFE TO SAVE MINE?!”

Just then a portal appeared beside Xram and a blue blur shot out. Upon further inspection I found that it was the Metal Sonic displaced that Gale had mentioned. He shot towards Xram and landed several hits before landing beside me.

"NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU GALE, BUT YOU HAVE TO FIGHT FOR CONTROL! DON'T LEAVE ME WITHOUT A RIVAL YOU ASSHOLE! WAKE UP!” Apocalypse diffused back into Alduin and Epidemic. Alduin stepped forward.

“COME ON GALE! WE KNOW YOU CAN DO IT! WHERE”S THE BROTHER THAT CAME TO MY WORLD?! THAT HELPED ME REMEMBER MY HUMAN LIFE?! THAT WENT TO THE SOUL CAIRN TO GET MY SOUL BACK?!” Epidemic stepped forward as well.

GALE! WE NEED YOU TO FIGHT IT! WE KNOW YOU CAN BEAT XRAM OUT OF YOUR MIND! COME ONE! WHERE’S THE UNCLE THAT CAME WITH US TO THE HUMAN WORLD?! THE ONE THAT MADE THAT GEM THAT PROTECTS US FROM HARMFUL SOUND?! THE ONE THAT WAS THERE WHEN DAD DIED?! COME ON GALE! YOU CAN DO IT!

{Third POV}

Xram looked out as everyone kept shouting for Gale.

‘Hmph, what fools. Thinking that just by calling out to Gale that he’ll come back.’ Unbenounced to him, Gale was stirring.

‘Huh… wha? Dan? Epidemic? Metal? Lisa?’ Gale saw all of his friends calling out to him, begging him to come back.

“MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA! You think that by calling for Gale, that he’ll just come back? What a joke!” Xram was about to fire off his attack when…

“N-No.” Xram froze in the mindscape, and turned around, to see Gale.

“You’re not… gonna… lay a finger on them.”

“What? How are you awake? I subdued you, I destroyed your mind!”

“Yeah well, I die hard.” Gale now sounded stronger, and stood taller.

“Grr, no matter! I’ll just do it now!” Xram charged at Gale, prepared to kill him. He charged up an attack in his fist and threw it out, nailing Gale in the face. He smirked.

“You know something?” Xram’s faces gained a look of horror. “In my mindscape, it’s kind of hard to kill me. Also...Metal hits harder than you ever could." Xram backed away as Gale turned to him with a glare. “In my mindscape, you’re nothing but a puny insect that has been bugging me for far too long.” He started to walk towards Xram, with that same look. He started getting bigger, and was changing into the beast. “In my mindscape, I AM THE GOD! IN HERE, YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A PUNY MORTAL TO ME! IN HERE, YOUR POWER MEANS NOTHING! THIS IS MY MIND! AND I WILL HAVE IT BACK!”

“AHH!” Xram yelled in pain as he was ejected from Gale’s mind.once he was, the beast started to fall. It turned back into Gale, and fell to the ground. Lisa jumped up and caught him, and landed in the middle of the little group that had gathered. Marx teleported everyone to the spot, and they all watched as Gale woke up in Lisa’s arms.

“Huh.. wha? What the hell happened?”

“GALE!” Lisa hugged Gale tight to her body as she cried tears of joy. Gale was shocked for a moment, but then he returned the hug. Then, Alduin, Epidemic, Metal, and Marx joined the group hug. After a few moments they separated, but Gale had Lisa in his arms now, as she continued to cry tears of joy.

“Hey, it’s okay.”

“I was just… so scared. There was chaos, everypony kept dying, and you were being possessed by a monster. I… I just couldn’t…”

“Hey now, I’m back aren’t I? Xram is gone now. Everything is back to normal.”

“Not exactly.” Gale looked at Marx.

“What do you mean?”

”Xram destroyed Lisa’s universe. Although we might be able to bring it back, it will take a long time. She’s got nowhere to go now.”

“Not only that, but Symbol is dead. Now what will we do about the Nightmare Fuels?”

”I don’t know, we’ll think of something. For now, we should celebrate that we all survived. And that Xram is gone.”

"Not exactly.” Everyone turned to see a skeleton that looked very similar to Marx floating in the air. But, there were some differences. For one his bones were black, his cape was white, and the gem on his neck was blue. His staff was blue as well, but the mini-Tirek skull was black.

“I-Is that?” Marx nodded.

“Yes, that’s Xram.”

“Well isn’t it nice to see the heroes together again at last. It’s such a shame too, now I have to kill you all. And once I do, I’ll get my body, and my true power back.” Everyone cringed in fear. Then, out of the the corner of her eye, Lisa saw Symbol twitch. She looked at him and he twitched again. Xram started to charged up a huge attack.

“SO LONG FOOLS!” He fired it and everyone braced themselves.

After a moment of tension, the group felt no pain. They all looked up to see that the blast was no longer there. Just then a pillar of purple fire shot out of the ground, sending a huge gust of wind across the area. A silhouette could be seen in the fire. Xram started shaking in fear at the sight of the figure before him.

A being made entirely of purple fire floated out and stared him down.

"HOW?!?! HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?!?!"

The figure didn't answer. All it did was hold out its hand and close its eyes. Time slowed down as a huge invisible force blew across the battlefield. Just then the surrounding area was set ablaze. The fire floated upwards and started to converge at the figures hand. A huge ball of purple fire was now being aimed at Xram, who was frozen in fear.

The being opened it's glowing yellow eyes and drew his hands back. "Xram, I will give you one chance to return to the Black Plain, or I will end you!"

"N-N-NEVEEEEEEEEERRR!!!" Xram charged towards the being.

"That's what I wanted to hear!" The being threw its arms forward and the huge ball of fire was flung towards Xram. It hit him head on and slowly started to break him.

"NOOOOOOOOO!!!" The last piece of him melted away and the ball of flames burst into a large bubble of light that spread across Equestria, restoring everything to its former glory, including the ponies and other creatures in the land. The sky returned to normal and the ball of light that we knew as the sun shone brightly over the restored world.

The being of fire slowly started to disappear with a satisfied look on its face. It looked down at the group before vanishing.

Lisa's POV

I stared at where the strange being once was. "Was that...Symbol?"

"That was the last reminiscent of his soul, in a last desperate act he gave up his chance to enter the afterlife to save us all."

I looked over to Symbols lifeless body. "Symbol..."

"GUYS!!!" We all looked around to see this worlds version of Vinyl Scratch rushing towards us with something on her back. "SOMEPONY HELP! TAVI ISN'T BREATHING!" She came to a screeching halt and lay an unconscious Octavia in front of us.

Author looked around and closed his eyes. He then rushed over to Marx and took a necklace from him, the medallion on the necklace being the symbol of the sun with blue gems. He placed the necklace on Octavia's body which then began to glow. A small orb of purple energy floated out of the medallion and entered Octavia's body.

She slowly started to stir and opened her eyes. "Wha...what happened?"

Author stood up and looked at the necklace. "Symbol must have known that he was going to die and placed a small amount of his life force in this medallion. Just in case something like this happened, I have never been so proud to call someone like him my son."

We all gathered around Symbols body and hung our heads. Just then a woman appeared, she was completely light blue and had a ponytail. She walked over to Symbols body and hugged it. Author knelt down and patted her on the back.

"He wasn't supposed to die this way, there is too much left for him to do. Looks like I'll have to start all over again." Suddenly his eyes shot open and he looked at Octavia. "Oh you clever boy." Octavia looked at him confused.

"What?" Author shook his head and placed the necklace around her neck.

"Hey, how about we all celebrate this victory with a party?!" Yelled Marx as he tried to lighten the mood. "Also to remember Symbol of course." Everyone smiled and nodded.

They all began to walk towards the castle, I stayed behind with Gale as we looked at Symbols body.

“So, what now?” Gale looked to me.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean what do we do now? What do I do now? My home’s gone, so I have nowhere to go. I lost some many ponies that were important to me, and now I’ve got no one.” Gale put his arm around me.

“Hey now, don’t be sad. I mean, you’ve got me.” I looked at him.

“Thanks.” I leaned into him and he picked up Symbol’s body.

“So, does this mean we’re dating now?” I put a finger to my chin in thought.

“You know, after something like this I’d say that’s fair game. But don’t get any ideas buddy boy, I want to take this slow.” He looked at me and kissed me on the cheek. Well, as close to a kiss that it could be.

“Wouldn’t have it any other way.” I smiled and we walked towards the castle together.


Three days later

We all sat down outside of Ponyville's graveyard, all of us wearing some form of black wear. I looked to my right to see Symbols friends all sitting with sad expressions. To my left sat Gale, Alduin, Metal, Epidemic and a displaced Bill Cipher, who probably knew Symbol from an adventure in the past. The entire displacers council had shown up, apart from one member that they called 'Roden.'

In front of the rows of chairs sat a stage with a coffin and a large photo of Symbol. Celestia was the first to speak on the stage.

"I was the first pony Symbol ever met in this world. He was always honest to me and everypony around him. He fought with bravery, determination and a burning desire to protect those dear to him. We would on occasion come to disagreements and on a few occasions to blows, but we had a deep respect for each other. He protected my ponies when I could not, and for that I thank him." She walked up to the coffin and placed her hoof on it. "Rest in peace dear friend, knowing that we are all safe thanks to your bravery."

She stepped down from the stage and Bill Cipher was next.

"I only ever met Symbol once, but what he taught me in the few hours we were together I will never forget. When he had made a mistake in my world and lost my trust, he did everything in his power, even risking his own life, to making sure that I could complete my mission. He showed me that even though I had these dark thoughts and memories, that they were never my own, and he freed me from my curse." He placed his hand on the coffin. "Farewell Neo, my old friend."

Bill floated back to his seat and closed his eye. Twilight was next to speak.

"Symbol was more than just a friend to me, so much more. He helped me with my research, showed me there was more to life than just books and making friends, there is also adventure, a drive to reach new heights. We would go on quests together to find artifacts and new information, a lot of those times he would have to save me from a crumbling temple or whatever. With all of that, I found something I never thought I would find, somepony to give my heart to." She placed her hoof on the coffin. "Goodbye Symbol, I love you, even though you'll never hear me say it."

Octavia walked up. "A lot of those things that Twilight has said can also be used for me. Symbol showed me more to life than just getting better at my talent, but also looking out for those I hold dear. I too found somepony I could trust with my life, for I loved him too." She placed her hoof on the coffin. "No one can ever replace you, rest in peace Symbol."

A few more ponies said a few words before Gale and I walked up together.

"What's to say other than what's already been said? We may not have known Symbol for that long, but what he did in that small time frame affected us both in more way than we could imagine."

Gale then took over. "He protected us when we were defenceless, he gave his own life to make sure Lisa and Marx survived. He brought Lisa and I together, and that is the greatest gift he could have ever given."

"We are eternally grateful to him, he saved us all and gave us a second chance at life. None of us will ever forget him."

"Let the multiverse cheer his name, for he was the one that saved them all! Praise the spirit of all that is pure, praise Symbol Shattered!" The crowd cheered and threw their hats into the air, cheering Symbols name. We both looked to each other and placed our hands on the coffin.

"Rest in peace, Symbol." We both said in unison.


Zero's POV

I stood at the top of the hill overlooking the funeral. Beside me was the grave that Symbol and I had made for our sister, Abigail. Shaking my head I fought back the tears.

"Damnit Symbol...why did you have to leave me all alone?"

Turning away from the grave I looked down at the funeral.

"Farewell, Neo Rayleigh, my dearest brother."


Third person POV

Everyone had returned to their own worlds. Lisa and Gale walked hand in hand as they walked through a portal back to Gales world. "Hey Gale?"

"Yes Lisa?"

"I was just thinking about all of this, all that's been happening I mean, and one thing just came to my mind."

"What's that?"

"Symbols soul is now completely gone, he doesn't even get to go to heaven or hell. He's just...not there. Did he really deserve that kind of fate?"

Gale remained silent as he held Lisa's hand tighter. "I don't know...all we can do now is remember who he was, what he did for us and move on."

She nodded and looked up at the sky. 'If any of your soul managed to survive Symbol, I hope we meet again someday, so I can thank you for saving me, and everyone else in the multiverse.'

"GAAAALLLEE!!!" Gale didn't have time to react as he was tackled by Metal Sonic. "YOU TRAPPED ME AND RAINBOW IN CITY ESCAPE YOU JERK!!!"

Lisa watched as Metal chased Gale around, giggling as the two fought.


Meanwhile in Symbols world. Celestia stared out of her balcony at the large floating island that would remain there, waiting for its purpose to be fulfilled one day.

"Oh Symbol..." She wiped a tear from her eye and went back to signing her paperwork.


In the void of the multiverse, a tiny purple flame floated in place. A light appeared beside it and out walked a strange figure with a green tracksuit with a metal sash over his torso. He also had a scarf that covered his mouth. His hair was comprised of large spikes, much like Vegeta's from Dragon Ball Z. The figure reached into his pockets and pulled out five black gemstones, each of them being in the shape of four pointed stars.

The gems floated around the flame and glowed.

"We're not done with you yet young one, there is still much to do."

The small flame expanded and formed a humanoid figure.

"Here we go."


Three weeks later

The mane six and side five all sat together in the middle of Ponyville at a small cafe, along with Zero, Wasp and Zanny.

Everyone had noticed that Octavia's eating habits had become...odd. She was currently stuffing her face with cotton candy and chocolate milk.

"Uh, Tavi? You wanna cut down on the sugar? You're gonna have a heart attack if you keep this up."

Octavia stopped momentarily and placed her food down. "Sorry...I've been having a very strange craving for sweets lately and a bit of a...of a..." She grabbed a bucket and emptied her stomach into it.

"That's it, we are taking you to a doctor." Twilight stated in an authoritative tone. Over the past three weeks Twilight and Octavia had kept the herd alive and were growing to have genuine feelings for each other.

An hour later, Octavia lay in a hospital bed with Twilight sitting beside her. A pony with a brown coat and black straight mane walked in with a clipboard in his magic.

"What's wrong with me doctor?"

The stallion stuttered for a bit before taking in a breath. "Congratulations Miss Melody, you're pregnant!"

"WHAT!?!?"

Author's Note:

And thus, this story comes to a close. But don't freak out! Gale and Lisa will still have their adventures (you honestly didn't think I would just make this a pairing then leave it be did you?). There is going to be a sequel to this story that has Gale and Lisa in one story together. Why am I doing this? One, because it'll be easier for me. Two, so I won't have to make this switch later. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the finale of A Displaced Machine!

Story crossover was with my good friend PyraFlare and his story Second Universe