• Published 8th Jul 2015
  • 6,324 Views, 49 Comments

A Displaced Machine - Prince_Zodiac



Gale was always fascinated by the stories that were told of people disappearing at conventions and of them supposedly going to new worlds. However, he never thought he would join the massive number of people that had disappeared.

  • ...
33
 49
 6,324

Chapter One: Arrival


Chapter One: Arrival


{Celestia's POV}

I honestly didn't think things could get any worse. Discord was running wild, causing chaos were ever he went. He had also hid the elements of harmony, so there was no way to defeat him. After Twilight and her friends had left to find the elements, I had gone down to a secret basement that only me and Luna were allowed in. In this basement was a capsule, and in this capsule, was a being made of metal. A machine to be exact, but unlike any machine ever made. This machine came from another world, not only that, but it also had sentience. It was a machine that fought for harmony, but after being offline for so long, I doubted he would ever come back at all. I hung my head low.

"I wish you were here," I said. "You could fix this." Suddenly I heard a lot of beeping and other sounds coming from the capsule.

"System repairs complete. All systems online."

I looked up at the capsule, to make sure I wasn't hearing things. The capsule however, had indeed sprung to life. The capsule let out a lot of mist as it opened. The machine inside grabbed both sides of the capsule, then leaped out. It landed on the ground in a kneeling position, with one hand on the ground, the other in the air. It slowly stood, then I heard the capsule speak again.

"Warning: Discord's presence detected. Tracking coordinates. Coordinates obtained."

The machine in front of me kneeled one more, before jumping up a little. It turned into a spiky blue ball, with a white aura surrounding it. It then blasted through the roof and headed towards Ponyvile. All I could think was, 'Meta?'

{Twilight's POV}

This was terrible. All of my friends had been affected by Discord's magic, and now they were the opposite of their true selves. Fluttershy was mean, Rainbow Dash was disloyal, Pinkie Pie was deflated, Apple Jack was a liar, and Rarity was greedy. The magic was starting to affect me too, as I slowly became more and more depressed. I hung my head low.

"AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Discord laughed. "NOW THAT THE ELEMENTS ARE MISSING, NOTHING CAN STOP ME!" I looked up at him with a frown. He smiled as even more chaos began to spread. He turned to me and said.

"Now don't look so sad Twilight, this is your new home after all!" I just hung my head low again, but then I heard a noise. I looked around to try and find it's source. It sounded like something was flying through the air at high speeds. I then looked at Discord again. At first, he had a look of confusion on his face, but then it turned to horror when he looked towards Canterlot. I turned to see what made him so scared. I immediately saw what he was looking at. There was a spiky blue ball with a white aura surrounding it heading towards us. It then slammed into Discord, sending him flying into a wall. Discord came off of the wall once the smoke cleared, shook his head, and looked at the new arrival with complete contempt. I looked at it too.

What I saw amazed me. It was a blue, bipedal creature, with spikes that curved downwards coming out of its head. It also looked like it was made of metal, and it had one strip of blue were the eyes should have been, kind of like a cyclops's eye. The strip then moved up to reveal a strip of red with an orange dot in the center. It stood up and spoke.

"Discord," it said in a deep metallic voice. "I am giving you one chance to surrender. If you don't surrender, I will turn you to stone like I did those many centuries ago."

"Hmph," Discord scoffed. "So, you'e still around eh Meta? I thought you got destroyed a thousand years ago."

"I did," it replied, "but even you know death can not stop me. Now, this is your last chance Discord, surrender or be turned to stone."

"HA!" Discord laughed. "Well, unlucky for you I hid the elements so now there's no way to stop me!"

"Oh there are other ways," the "Meta" replied. "The elements are just the only way that doesn't end in a blood bath." Discord's eyes widened, but then narrowed.

"You think you can kill me?" he said. "Not a chance!" Discord then fired a beam of magic at the creature. It was a direct hit and I thought that this new creature was as good as gone. But then the smoke cleared and the creature appeared unfazed by the blast of magic.

"Is that the best you got?" it asked in a taunting way. It then leaped at Discord and turned into that blue spiky ball again. It nailed Discord in the chest, and it carried him into the air. It then stopped, but Discord kept going, and fired a huge beam of red energy, one that was bigger than Discord, and it landed a direct hit. Discord was blown back even further, and the blue bipedal creature flew at him. It grabbed Discord by the neck and threw him down at the ground. When Discord hit he made a little crater. It landed next to Discord, then looked to me.

"Twilight, gather the elements and your friends!" It shouted to me. I was shocked that it new my name, but nodded none the less. I ran inside, with new found hope, to grab the elements, as well as my friends.

{Gale's POV}

I looked down at discord and spoke.

"Now, before you are turned to stone once again, I will ask you once more. I know you know how the multiverse works, and that you know of displaced, so you know the answer to my question. Were is my brother. Were is Dan?"

"Now you know that I don't know where he is," Discord replied. "Besides, even if I did know where he is, you need his token if you want to see him again. All I can say is, seek out the dragons." I huffed in annoyance. I turned and saw Twilight returning with her friends. It looked like Discord's magic was no longer affecting them. They powered up their elements, and blasted Discord, turning him to stone. I turned to Twilight and her friends.

"Well now that he's out of the way, I believe proper introductions are in order," I said. "My name is Meta."

"Greetings Meta," Rarity replied. "My name is Rarity."

"Names Rainbow Dash," Rainbow Dash said. "But you can just call me Rainbow."

"Howdy!" Apple Jack said. "The names Apple Jack, or AJ for short."

"H-Hi," Fluttershy said shyly. "I'm F-Fluttershy"

"Hi!" said Pinkie Pie. "My names Pinkie Pie! But everypony just calls me Pinkie."

"And my name is Twilight," Twilight said. "But somehow you already knew that." Crap. I said her name before so now she knows that I know her somehow. Gotta think, gotta think, gotta think.

"Well, I may not be man of keeping up with current events," I said, "but I at least know our royalty." Twilight nodded at this. Whew. Dodged a bullet there.

"So, um, what are you?" Twilight asked. "If you don't mind me asking that is."

"Not at all," I replied. "I am a machine, sort of. You see, I am made of a material that appears to be iron, but is stronger than titanium, and lighter than stone. But, that's not all I can do. You see, I'm also charged with a lot, and I do mean A LOT, of magic. And to top it all off, the material my body is made of is ever evolving. If I want to, or need to, my body can become liquid metal, and change it's shape, size, and function. Hence how I got the name, "Meta" which is short for metamorphosis."

"Oh wow," Twilight said as she walked up to me. "How interesting." She started to check out my body.

"How come you look like that?" Rainbow asked.

"Rainbow!" AJ scolded.

"No, it quite alright," I said. "I just look like this because this is my battle form. Let me change into something more comfortable." As I said that, my body turned all shiny and reflective, and then became liquid metal. I started to reform my body into that of a pony's body. Soon my change was complete.

"Oh wow," Twilight said. I had become a dark blue alicorn, with a blue mane and tail. My wings were metalic, and so was my horn. My mane looked like the front of Rainbow's mane, but cut off at the lower back of my head. My eyes were completely red, with small yellow circles to serve as my pupils, and my cutie mark was a wave of magic and electricity wrapped around a black sword. I was only a little taller than Twilight was.

"Ah, much better," I said.

"Y-Your an alicorn?" Apple Jack asked.

"Indeed I am," I answered calmly. Then, I heard the flapping of wings. I turned and saw two pegasi pulling the royal chariot, which Celestia was sitting on. Behind her on a similar chariot, but it was darker and was being pulled by thestrals, sat Luna. The chariots landed, and the two princesses stepped off.

"Good job Twilight," Celestia praised. "You and your friends managed to beat Discord."

"Thanks Celestia," Twilight said. "But we didn't do it alone." She gestured towards me.

"M-Meta?" Luna asked. I just stood there smiling, and nodded. They both rushed up to me and gave me a hug. I smiled and hugged them back.

"Um, Princess Celestia and Luna," Twilight started, "do you know him?"

"Indeed we do," Celestia replied after she and Luna stopped hugging me. "Meta is an old friend of ours."

"Meta," Luna said, "after what Tir-... what he had done to you, I thought you would never return."

"Well, my repairs did take much longer than I expected," I replied. "But I knew I would come back eventually."

"Well," Celestia said,"it's good to have you back."

"It's good to be back." I said happily. It really was good to be back. I had missed Equestria after my battle with Tirek. I was wondering why Celestia were referring to him as "him" but I didn't worry about it. I had something else to think about anyways. Discord had told me to seek out the dragons if I wanted to find my brother. Guess I had a trip to dragon country to make. But first, I need to find out what I missed while I had been offline. Looks like I've got some studying to do.

Author's Note:

Welp, his is going to be a new story about Dan/Alduiin's brother Gale. By the way, this is what Meta looks like in his battle form.