• Published 19th Jun 2015
  • 2,286 Views, 63 Comments

The Princesses' Secret - Sleepy Panda



"Princess Luna, why aren't you and Princess Celestia queens?" Oh no. Ponies weren't supposed to ask that...

  • ...
6
 63
 2,286

Yeah, we're screwed.

"You told them what?" Luna shouted, angrily poking Celestia's breastplate with a hoof. Celestia winced and stumbled back, trying to plead with her sister.

"Luna, you saw how they were. I had no choice."

"No choice? No choice? Who's in charge of Equestria, us or them? You're worse than Discord when it comes to destroying this kingdom! Go back out there and revoke your earlier statement. If they don't like it, who cares? This generation will be gone soon enough and nopony will be around to remember it," Luna pointed out.

"I... can't." Celestia hung her head in shame.

"You can't? And why's that?" Luna demanded.

"I signed the paperwork already. I'm no longer a Princess of Equestria, and neither are you. Because I'm older than you, I was able to sign for you." Celestia's eyes widened and she hastily made a dive for the floor as ball of fire was hurled at her. "Luna!" she cried out.

Luna took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "Okay. What's done is done. I don't like it, but this is the way things are. What do we do now?"

"We free mother."


"WE'RE FREEEEEEEEEEEE!" Queen Gaea cheered, flying loops around the castle.

"I'm starting to think that this is a very bad idea," Celestia muttered to Luna.

"FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOMMMMMMMM!!"

"Starting to think?" the younger alicorn asked incredulously.

"Well, I already thought that this was a bad idea, but I am just now starting to see the degree of how bad it it is," Celestia clarified. Her eye twitched as she witnessed her mother crash into a suit of armor and send guards fleeing from the fiery explosion. Why her mother enjoyed flying with sticks of dynamite, she would never know.

"Daughters! A party must be thrown to honor this new freedom of mine!" Gaea declared, coming to abrupt halt in front of the two alicorns. Apparently, she had decided to revoke her earlier decision of disowning them.

"Yes, mother," Celestia said. "I shall inform Pinkie Pie and-"

"Pinkie Pie? Pink is such a ghastly color," Gaea growled. "Fetch us somepony who actually knows how to host a grand event. How about thy ex-boyfriend, Celestia? The one thou call Discord. Yes, Discord shalt be the one to plan this party," she decided.

Celestia knew better than to argue. "Yes, mother."

"There must be shiny objects," Gaea added.

"Yes, mother."

"And stallions. Invite many stallions. Thy father left us many moons ago, and it is high time that we find a new mate."

"...Yes, mother."

"And... actually, we believe that is sufficient. Dismissed." Gaea waved Celestia off with a hoof, then leaped into the air to resume her destructive flying.

Celestia stared for a moment, then walked away with Luna closely in tow.

They had almost escaped the room when Queen Gaea suddenly decided to rush over and block the exit.

"Halt! We have come to a realization. Thee art the ones who locked us in thy dungeon!" she exclaimed.

"That is incorrect," Celestia lied.

"We thinkest not," Gaea replied. "Our memory is stronger than thou may assume."

"Well, we tried," Luna whispered sullenly to her sister.

"Our verdict is: thee shall be grounded! Leaving ye castle is not permitted. Desserts are not permitted. Fun is prohibited between dawn and dusk. Bedtimes shall be earlier. Sun and moon privileges have been revoked - we shall be controlling the celestial and lunar bodies. Magical and flight abilities shall be removed, Oh, and we disown thee again. That's all." With that, Queen Gaea flew away.

Luna glared angrily at Celestia. "This is all your fault."

"My fault? Excuse me?" Celestia was taken aback.

"Yes. What possessed you to give ponies the right of free speech?" Luna shot.

"What possessed me? Need I remind you that you allowed yourself to be possessed by a power-hungry spirit?" Celestia immediately regretted saying it, but she couldn't stop the words from flowing out of her mouth before it was too late. Luna's face reddened and she started shaking uncontrollably.

"I did not 'allow' myself to become possessed, thank you very much," she seethed. "And need I remind you that Nightmare Moon was just as much your fault as mine? You neglected me, laughed at me, made me feel like a lesser pony. You never comforted me, even when I was crying myself to sleep at night. And then you barely made an effort to save me from the Nightmare! You gave up on me and banished me to the moon, and upon my return, made me out to be the villain."

"Luna, I-"

"No. No more. Maybe the ponies were right; you're unfit to rule," Luna finished. She tried to make a dramatic exit by storming out the door and slamming it behind her, but she forgot that Queen Gaea had confiscated her magic. Instead, she marched headfirst into the door, impaling it with her horn. She cursed and struggled for a few minutes, yanking her head while pushing against the door for leverage, but she remained stuck. Celestia awkwardly stood behind her, observing the scene but feeling that it would be inappropriate to approach her considering the talk they had just had.

"Erm... do you need a bit of assista-"

"NO!" Luna snapped.

"Okay. I'll just, um, be over there," Celestia said, loosely gesturing with a hoof to a far corner of the room where a lone sofa sat.

Author's Note:

Ugh, this archaic language thing is killing me. I have no idea how it works.