• Published 18th Jun 2015
  • 4,280 Views, 77 Comments

Princess of Cloudsdale - Prism Shine



Looks like Rainbow has a hard time keeping her secret...

  • ...
6
 77
 4,280

Chapter 2: Discovered (Unedited)

Author's Note:

Well, wasn't this crappy. :fluttercry:

Bad quality writing because it hadn't gone through pre-reading. :L

The flashback didn't make me cry, but hey. Good attempt.

SoarinDash fics are keeping me busy. Thanks, Calm Wind, for inspiring me to continue! Follow Calm Wind on this website right here. :)

WELL, GUESS WHAT? THOSE FANFICS MADE ME ALMOST MAKE THIS A SOARINDASH FIC. :pinkiesad2:

Rainbow Dash yawned as she reached her cloudominium. "Well, wasn't this day eventful." She opened the door to her house, and got an unexpected surprise. Right when she opened the door, a bucket full of streamers and confetti fell down on her head, and right after that, the bucket fell on her head too. Who would do this? Of course, Pinkie Pie. She was a pony full of surprises after all.

Rainbow Dash growled. "Pinkie, I'll get you for this!" She walked inside, hoping that there would be no more "surprises".

Rainbow flopped onto her bed and made herself comfortable. Usually, she would fall asleep right away, but this time something was bothering her. She wondered what it was, but eventually just shook it off.

She was about to fall asleep when a loud knock awoke her.

"Rainbow Dash, open the door." A familiar voice said. Rainbow realised the voice at once: it was Twilight Sparkle. Rainbow bolted down the stairs and to the door.

Rainbow opened the door, and looked at Twilight with an annoyed face. "Come in..."

She let Twilight into the living room.

"What do you want?" Rainbow groaned. So much for an afternoon nap, she thought.

"I want to talk to you about something." Twilight answered. Twilight sat down on the couch, even though she was not invited to.

"And what is that something?"

Twilight sighed. She pointed to the top of the pegasus' head. "That."

Rainbow's agitated expression turned into an alarmed one in half a heartbeat. "I.. I.. Uh.." She tried to find the words, but she couldn't. "How did you know?"

"I saw a glimpse of it when you were flying back to your cloudominium."

Rainbow Dash sighed. No going back now. "Come in."


Twilight wanted to find out the truth, so she did. "So.. why do you have a unicorn horn? You always said you were a pegasus."

Dash bit her lip right at that sentence. She couldn't say it. The horrors of her past flickered by. "Well.. I.. Uh.." Twilight waited for a response.

"Rainbow Dash, just say it. I won't make fun." Twilight assured her.

Rainbow Dash took a deep breath, and let it out. But it was soft, like how Fluttershy would say things. "I was born with it..."

"Uh, say that again?"

"I was born with it."

"Come on, Dash. You aren't Fluttershy."

Rainbow Dash hesitated. "I was born with it."


Twilight facehoofed. "Does it take you that long to say a simple sentence..?"

"It's not like I can tell a secret so easily." Rainbow scoffed. "So, what else? If you just came to ask me that, go back to your damn castle." Rainbow Dash glared at her with obvious anger.

"No. I'm not done." Twilight said sternly. "Tell me why you aren't a princess."

"It'll be complicated. Lemme just tell you the day I got out of Cloudsdale."

Twilight raised an eyebrow.

Dash sighed. "It all started when..."


(Rainbow Dash's P.O.V. starts here.)
It all started when I was born. My mom, Firefly, was the last reigner of Cloudsdale. She was just a normal pegasus like everyone else, but when I was born, I came into this world as an alicorn. Everyone was shocked, but my mom stayed calm.

She took care of me like any caring mother would.

One day, when I grew up into a filly, a group of ponies invaded Cloudsdale. The soldiers of Cloudsdale began to fight back, and the fight lasted for a whole 2 days. My mom was forced to escape Cloudsdale. She grabbed me and burst out Cloudsdale Castle's door, with me on top of her.

As soon as she went out the door, two arrows shot her in the right wing. My mom pulled them out in a panic, and flew out of Cloudsdale. Arrows were still flying at her as she went, and many wounds were on her.

She flew a good distance, but her wings could take no more. She fell to the ground, barely conscious. We landed on some grass in the middle of a forest.

Through all this commotion, you shouldn't forget that I was still on her. When she plummeted to the ground, I was unhurt, but she sure was. I took one look at her and tears started to fall.

"Mom..? Mom, are y-you okay?" I asked her. I was shaken up.

"Yes, Dashie." She answered in a soft, weak voice. "Please.. don't worry."

"But, mom! Y-you're hurt!"

"Dashie..." She stroked my mane. "I may not make it. But remember. No matter what, I will always love..."

She stopped at that point and slipped out of consciousness comepletely.

"Mom..?" I shook her. I refused to believe that she was dead. "Mom.. p-please, wake up."

She didn't answer. All I did that day was cry.
(Rainbow Dash's P.O.V. ends here.)


Twilight's mouth was hung open. She just stared in shock over that single day of her past.

"Ahem." Rainbow cleared her voice. "That's all I can say. Now, shoo. I don't want to remember any longer."

Twlight snapped out of her shock, and shook her head fiercely. "Y-Yeah.. I'll be going now. Bye!" Twilight forced a smile and flew down clumsily. She crashed to Ponyville's concrete floor, and got up with a slightly dizzy head.


Rainbow kicked open the door to her house and flew to her favorite cloud. That cloud of hers was very soft; perfect for afternoon naps. She was about to snuggle up and sleep when suddenly a loud shout reached her ears. Rainbow Dash sighed.

"Hey! Rainbow Dash!" The voice yelled. "Move that flank of yours down here, Twilight's gatherin' all of us up for some reason!"

Rainbow recognized that voice. The feminine, country voice was definitely Applejack's. She was about to fly down, but then recalled the phrase Applejack had yelled.

"For some reason"..? Rainbow thought. What could i--

That's when realization hit her. Her ears flopped down and her pupils shrank. But she had no choice. She didn't want suspicion from all of her friends.

Rainbow sighed. "Alright, alright. I'm coming. Sheesh."


Applejack and Rainbow Dash reached Twilight's castle, and Rainbow Dash was five seconds away from fainting. All her friends had already been gathered.

"Alright, everypony." Twilight started. "This will be a bit shocking, but I just have to say it."

Rainbow Dash cringed.

"Dash is," she paused for dramatic effect. "an alicorn."

Everybody stared at Twilight with a lack of reaction. It was as silent as a tomb in the room they had gathered in. Even Pinkie didn't say anything.

Twilight rolled her eyes. "Dash, can you please show it to them?" She asked politely. "They need to know the truth."

"No."

"Do it."

Dash crossed her hooves. "No."

"Come on, Dash.." Twilight pleaded. "Please?" She forced a smile.

"No!"

Twilight groaned, and gave up trying to ask. She marched up to Rainbow Dash with an annoyed look. She reached out for Dash's mane.

"Wha-?!" Dash yelped. "No! Don't do it, Twi!"

Too late.

Twilight brushed Dash's mane off to the side, revealing her horn.