• Published 26th Jun 2015
  • 2,532 Views, 67 Comments

Equestrian Marine Corps - KillerShadow 15



A squad of US marines get transported to Equestria during a fire fight against Al-Qaeda

  • ...
10
 67
 2,532

Chapter 7

I woke up stiff as a board. I went to move my arms, but found that they were bound to the sides of the bed. I tested them and found that they held strong. Then I felt my knife being pressed into my hip.

"God damn. What the hell happened?" I started moving my arms until I managed to grab my knife and cut my self free. I rubbed my sore wrists as I got out of the bed and stretched. First thing that caught my attention was the shouting. The language was one that I dreaded more than anything. The sound of pissed off Taliban soldiers and the fire of AK's. My instincts took over as I grabbed my sheathed knife, my .44 revolver, and crouched down by the door waiting to take out anything that dared walk into my room. Unfortunately, that turned out to be a very frightened unicorn who ended up almost hitting me with a bolt of magic, had I not knocked her head away from me.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! Wait, Sargent?! What are you doing out of bed!?" Them mare looked as though she was going to put me back to bed like a child had an angry voice not cut her off.

"Hands up! Don't move or I shoot" I recognized the voice as a lone Taliban grunt who knew nothing of the Marines. I gave a small smile as I lifted my hands and leaned down to whisper into the mare's ears.

"Listen, I need you to hide the moment I provide a distraction. You don't need to see what I'm about to do. Am I clear?" The mare gave a small nod, then I slowly stood up, my hands still in the air, then I turned to face the slightly trembling kid who was pointing the gun at me. He looked no older than 19. That's the sad part of war. Who knows who you'll fight next. A kid, an Elder, or an Adult.

As the kid took a step closer to take my knife and gun, he made a fatal mistake of looking away and lowering the gun. With a swift and powerful kick, I knocked him flat on his ass.

"Run! Now!" I yelled, no doubt getting the attention of the kid's reinforcements. As he dazedly got up, he eyed my knife by his feet. Picking it up, he charged at me. With no other options, I sidestepped, tripped him and grabbed my knife before plunging it into his spine. The sharp sound of metal cutting through bone and flesh rang throughout the room along with the sound of dead meat hitting the tile with a dull thud. I stared at my hands and at the body.

My first kill with a knife. Then without warning, the body twitched, before rolling over, revealing that I had not killed him, yet. The kid had tears in his eyes as he reached for me.
"I'm sorry. He threatened to kill and rape my family. I am sorry. Allah have mercy on my soul." With that, his hand fell, and a slight gagging sound emitted from his throat before silencing as quick as it had came. His dead eyes, blood stained lips, and tear stricken face were all burned into my memory forever. Then I was slapped out of my stupor as the mare from moments before was in front of me, telling me that more were coming to the room. As I fled, I looked out a window, hearing more gunfire and the sound of magic being fired. I saw that the Taliban had taken over the hospital and had started firing as the princesses came close to try and negotiate. It didn't turn out well, seeing as how Celestia had a blood stain on her shoulder, face, and chest. I looked back to the front of the building and saw Luna on a rampage, firing bolt after bolt of dark looking magic at the humans. She then turned and saw me, a look of shock frozen on her face. In her moment of stillness, the enemy took advantage. I watched in slow motion as one of the men took aim and fired at the princess hitting her everywhere.

In a moment of adrenaline, I looked down at the ground to see it was maybe three or four stories down, with trees. "Not good! Unicorn, I need to get down there now!" As she was about to argue, I drew my .44 and got close to the window. "No time to argue! Both princesses are down!" The last part seemed to win her over. With a flash of light, I down by the princesses and the royal guard. I looked around and saw my team providing cover fire so the ponies could escape. Following their example, I grabbed a gun from a fallen Taliban, and began firing with a vengeance. In a quick flash back, I saw all the faces of the people that have died that I cared for. My mom, dad, my in-laws, my kids, and my wife. This triggered something in me as I let all my rage down the area towards the people who were shooting at me and my brothers and sisters.

Author's Note:

Well, today, 11/10/15 is the 140th birthday of the Marine Corps. Happy birthday you few, you happy few, you band of brothers. I hope to one day join your ranks and defend this great nation. Semper Fidelis et Paratus



Also, not my best chapter. When I get a chance, I'm going to tweak this so it flows a bit better. This, as is, is mainly to help progress the plot. Take no mind of the rushed scenery of this chapter. It will be fixed.