• Published 12th Jul 2015
  • 1,604 Views, 17 Comments

Mario and Luigi Equestrian adventures - Storm Rival



Bowser has teamed up with Discord to throw the mario bros. and the Mane 6 a definite curve ball. Mario and Luigi are currently trapped in Equestria and must find a way to survive... Little do they know, however, that their past is about to come back.

  • ...
4
 17
 1,604

The beginning... "Mamma Mia"

Prologue

Mario and luigi were happily at home enjoying a cup of tea after rescuing the princess again and finally taking a breather from Pi'ilow Island's fiascos. Luigi was at the table happily enjoying a cup of tea while Mario just simply wouldn't allow for Princess Peach to be captured once again and waited patiently for her letter saying that she was home safe.

Things were calm but not too calm. Mario finished his cup of tea and decided to go inside to refill it. while doing so, a familiar voice called his name.

"Mario! I got you that Telegram!" It was Toad

Mario rushed out to greet toad and with doing so, spilled the hot tea everywhere.

"Mario, I hope you clean up this a mess!" Luigi shouted.

"So, the Princess finally got settled eh?" Mario asked paying no mind to Luigi.

the toad laughed "Oh, you bet Mr.Mario, She's real cozy. I think she's getting ready to bake a cake so head on over to the castle once you're done with the tea."

"Ha, Bro, I told ya!" Luigi laughed.

Mario was slightly angry but didn't let that effect his clean up. Rags in tow Mario cleaned up every drop then another toad with some more news.

"Mr.Mario! Mr.Mario!"

"What is it this time," Mario shouted out to toad.

"Um, Peach got kidnapped again..."

"Ugh, remind me to kick koopa's shell again." Mario blurted

"Um, Mario" the Toad still there said. "I think Bowser has backup this time"

"What makes you say that?" Mario asked toad

"Just come out here and look at the castle!"

Mario hurried out his door and past the clothes line and saw that Peach's castle was... Upside-down.

"I didn't know the koopas had the power to do this." Mario said just awe struck at what chaos must be happening at toad town.

"They don't." Toad said. "Look at this telegram."

The telegram was print with Bowser's signature at the bottom

-----

Hi, Mario and Luigi,

By now I'm aware that you know that I've got backup. Extremely powerful back up. I challenge you at my castle bring everything in your arsenal for a battle to end all battles.

Bowser Koopa.

P.S. Come alone I don't want Green Stache' making me look bad like last time.

-----

"Bowser's going to pay!" Mario shouted packing up his sledge hammer and plenty of restoring mushrooms.

"Mario Let's go together this time." Luigi yelled at his older brother.

"I'm a so sorry bro, but Its a me and only me this time." Mario said back tossing the telegram back to Luigi.

Luigi read the telegram and before Mario left for Bowser's castle "Go get him bro. For me!"

Mario simply looked back and thumbs upped his bro "Okie Dokie" Mario spotted Luigi's phrase back.

Mario began heading for Plack Beach to hopefully refine the skills he'd lost in the short time he'd been out. He knew that It was a long way to Bowser's castle from there, but Bowser wanted a fight to end all fights. Mario was going to bring his A-game quickly defeating the common enemies there.

-----

Luigi took a quick look at the note once more and then sighed. In most all of Mario's adventures he's been there to support his bro. Well, except that one time he went to the Waffle kingdom and his bro was off doing something else. Surely this wasn't one of those times surely Luigi could too adventure with his bro like he has before in the Beanbean Kingdom. Luigi Began to pack his things as well heading off to intercept Mario except he'd taken the quicker route. the railroad connecting from the basement of Bowser's castle to the sewers of toad town were the fastest. Luigi was exhausted and didn't want to fight and left the common enemies untouched.

-----

Mario finally neared his destination being ready for what Bowser could fire his way. Bumpsy plains were beautiful and Bowser path reeked of nothing but despair and hot burning lava pits.

Bowser's troop was prepared for mario. Unbound chain chomps roamed everywhere ready to sick themselves on Mario or any other intruder that would pass their midst. Hammer brothers and boomerang brothers too were at the ready prepared to lob anything at Mario or his brother should they need to. Mario was prepared for the on-coming horde and slipped through to the lower levels of the castle. Along the way he saw one he wasn't expecting.

"Luigi! what are you doing here I thought Bowser made it clear that only I could face him."

"Mario, Bowser has been behind tons of tricks I mean come on don't tell me you're not prepared for Kamek."

Mario pondered this then decided "Alright Bro, If Bowser does trick me with Kamek, you'll be attacking the Magikoopa."

The brothers then highfived in the air "Let's a go!" "Okie dokie!" and together they ran off to face Bowser together

-----

"It seems as though the Brothers have caught on to our plan." a voice in the back room said.

"You're telling me Mr. Slithers." Bowser said. "you sure this plan will work?"

"Oh, it will even if there's one extra straggler... and I have a name you know"

"Right Disc-slither."

"Ugh, Its Discord!"

-----

Mario and Luigi have made it to the throne room but nothing was there. Mario and Luigi checked every nook and cranny and finally found a Hammer button. Hitting that button post haste, revealed a stairway leading up from the slid-back thrown.

Mario and Luigi go up the stairs and find a fimiliar set up. Bowser placed on a rickety bridge with an ending axe. Was he going back to 8-bit if so, why'd he want to battle why not just settle the differences and call peach as good as rescued.

"So, Mario, you finally showed up." Bowser said "You kept me waiting for a while. I hope this battle is a good one."

Luigi sat this battle out

"Let's a go!" Mario shouted ready to beat bowser silly

"Show Time!" Bowser Roared in a defiant manner.

This battle was a simple dodge and attack win and the battle was presumed won as soon as,"Urg... Blarrg..." Bowser roared.

A finger snap was heard and Bowser instead of falling over onto his belly snapped to attention like nothing had gone wrong.

"What's the matter Mario? Got any more fight in you?"

Mario was at the brink after not battling in a while and only gaining scant experience on the way here.

Bowser went for his sliding punch effectively knocking out Mario and Luigi.

"Bwahahah" Bowser laughed "you were right, this plan of yours worked perfectly."

"Glad you thought so." said a figure stepping out from the shadows this figure had two antlers from two separate animals, a talon, paw goat hoof and cloven hoof; his body was half snake and half goat. "Now then Mario Brothers, I say I'm done here; Ta-ta and have fun, Bowser."

Mario within that short time ate a 1-up and quickly jumped on Bowsers head going for a hammer attack on whatever teamed up with bowser. the monstrocity split in half hotdog style and as mario brought up his hammer;

"Oh, looks like you do have some fight in you. I'm sorry, but you'll need a move with more chaos than a hammer to beat me." the creature said. "You're quite nimble, I sort of like that. Tell you what, I'll give you back your princess on one condition."

Mario was angry at being beaten but then settled down a little at the offer.

"What's your plan who or whatever you are."

"Please call me Discord, Spirit of Chaos," the creature said. "and the condition, you must pass a test that I have in mind."

"Hold it Mr. Slithers." Bowser commanded "You said nothing about giving back the princess. If your plan was that then I'll pulverize you!"

"My, my, my, such a haughty tone," Discord said "Need I remind you where you'd be without me?" Discord snapped his talon

"No!" Bowser instantly fell down knocked out. Discord once more snapped his talon once more. Bowser was now rejuvenated.

Bowser did nothing but growl to the one who made him bow at his power. Discord laughed "Besides this'll be fun." Discord said.

"Fine," Bowser said still enraged that someone else was calling the shots.

"you didn't get to the plan." Mario said.

"ah, yes, That. I want to see you two superstars in action on my world. Its either that or you fight an un-winnable fight."

Mario now had no choice. "Let's do this." Mario said.

"wonderful! you're going to have a grand time where you're going." Discord snapped his talon once more "you're not going to see me or Bowser until the very end, so, prepare to fight." Discord said snapping his talon.

In an instant Mario Luigi Bowser Peach and Discord vanished from the room leaving nothing touched...except possibly the ending axe.

Mario was knocked out instantly. but as soon as he reappeared he knew he wasn't on the mushroom world anymore... The humidity here was perfect.

-----

Twilight was doing her usual thing when all of a sudden a figure appeared out of nowhere this figure one she'd never seen before. Twilight was going to grab spike to see if he knew what it was, but the books right in front of her hooves caused her to trip. Spike heard the commotion, and hurried to Twilight's side. "you alright Twilight?"

"Mommy I don't want to go to school..." came Twilight's dazed response.

"Come on Twilight snap out of it!" Spike yelled.

Twilight shook her head. "oh, Spike,"

"What happened?"

"I was just about to call you but I just...um..."

"I get it, who's that?" Spike asked pointing at a slumped figure in red on the floor.

"I don't know, its like he just appeared here."

"Hmm," spike said taking a closer look at the hairless monkey. "He looks like this thing off a game Button mash plays."

"Come again?"

"He looks like he's from the game Super Pony Brothers." Twilight had a lost look in her eyes "Never mind, Let's just get him to the couch so he can rest. It looks like he got mugged and I want to know the pony that did it." Spike said.

-----

Mario was in a daze never experiencing this before "Mamma mia what happened?" he was on a couch he slowly opening his eyes and in the distance he saw a purple dragon? Mario shook his head trying to clear what had recently happened away to see what was really going on. He looked once more. A purple horse? no, pony and a purple dragon. Mario sat up seeing where he was. there were books everywhere. A library?

"where am I?" Mario asked to either one standing next to him.

"you're in golden oaks Library." the Dragon responded.

"Where are you from?" the pony...erm... unicorn asked.

"Whah! A talking pony!" Mario yelled!

"I'm kind of surprised you can talk as well." Twilight said "so, where are you from?"

Mario calmed down a little "Well, I'm from the Mushroom Kingdom"

"The what kingdom?" the unicorn asked.

"The Mushroom Kingdom." Mario stated back

"I've never heard of the 'Mushroom' kingdom before, and to answer your question from before, you're in Equestria."

Mario had never heard that word or that kingdom before. "Look, could I get your names and we go on from there?"

"My name's Twilight Sparkle student to the Princess of Equestria." the unicorn spoke.

"A-and my name's Spike student's assistant. The Drake Responded. "Is it possible you're name's Mario?"

"Well My name's... wait how'd you know?" Mario asked "and I Might as well start from the beginning."

Author's Note:

This is just a test, if this receives horrible reviews then it's going out the door. My first fic was horrible and so starting anew was something I do. Sorry to those who have wanted something like this but just haven't yet been satisfied this is perhaps my first crossover. The Prologue may just be the longest chapter of this crossover I make but who knows.
Even though I don't know much about the tv shows of mario, However I know a lot about the games and the somewhat known RPG's that they have. Mario and Luigi's characters are based off the RPG's. I will also try to appease anypony who thought I got somthing wrong but I can't do anything unless you comment.
I hope that My first crossover is a success. and a small ps to those reading this this was written without an editor and before the story was even posted. Without, please enjoy the mind junk that I'd wanted to share for the longest time.

Storm Rival