• Published 11th Jul 2015
  • 807 Views, 29 Comments

Crossing Worlds - Crystal Night



Twilight Sparkle always loved trying new spells. But this one has unforeseen consequences.

  • ...
7
 29
 807

Chapter One: A New World

In a normal day, Twilight would be helping her friends, but today was different.
Princess Celestia sent her a letter along with a good amount of spells for her to try out, just to make sure they're safe to use. Some of the spells are really old, others seem kinda dangerous to use. But Twilight would never say "no" to a task such as this, specially from her mentor.
Also, Spike wasn't there, he was helping Rarity at Canterlot, probably carrying her stuff or something like that.
Basically she had the library to herself.
Unfortunately, she had to cancel Twilight Time, for a good reason. On other hoof, the three little fillies didn't seem to mind, they still had the rest of the day to play.

The day was almost coming to an end, Twilight was exhausted, but she still had one more spell to try. Using her magic, she levitated the paper scroll in front of her eyes and unfolded. She raised an eyebrow.
"A portal spell?"- she mumbled.

She never seem a portal spell, probably this spell was hidden within the Canterlot Library. Twilight smiled, this was a rare occasion. Perform a spell such as this would be very interesting for her, not to mention the curiosity. It's not everyday you can try rare spells.
Twilight lit her horn, but her actions soon stopped by a growl.
"Maybe I should a tiny pause before continuing."

When she returned from her pause, she was ready.
Once again she lit her horn and focused on the spell. It was only a matter of seconds until a purple circle appeared on the wall. Twilight was surprised, the spell was working, but something was wrong. She felt her body moving towards the portal. She tried to close the portal, but she used a lot of her magic, she was weak and before she could about something, she was inside the portal.

Twilight slowly opened her eyes. She felt a spike of pain going from her horn.
With caution, the alicorn got up, gently she placed the right hoof on her horn.
"I won't be able use magic for now."- Twilight thought.

She was really exhausted, but something got her attention, her hoof.
Her hoof was protect by what appear to be a dark purple bracelet. The bracelet had some strange words. She also noticed she was using a raiment , also purple. Her chest had a armor plate. Twilight was amazed.
She turned her head around to discover she wasn't at her library or maybe on Equestria.
The place she was stuck seemed to be a mountain.
"I need to find a way to get out of here!"

The alicorn started descending, unaware of the danger behind her. Odd creatures were lurking with curiosity.
The creatures got more closer to Twilight, they had enough waiting. Unfortunately for them, she already noticed, and in a blink of an eye, she was running away. The creatures let out a terrible growled and more of them appeared, chasing her.
Several of the creatures were different from each other, some of them had more than two eyes. Other had more arms or legs. Only a few had wings.

Twilight wasn't in good conditions to run, being tired sure wasn't helping. Soon things got worse. A dead end. Twilight looked up, she could try to climb the rocks, but she was too tired and her magic was still very weak. While looking at the wall, she saw the shadows of her pursuers. Twilight was ready to fight at all costs. All of the sudden, she heard a huge growl. The creatures looked up and started to run away.

Twilight moved away from the wall, to glare at the strange figure. The figure seemed to be a pony, in this case a stallion, judging by his body. He had blue eyes.
He descended and landed in front of Twilight. She wasn't sure, but he seemed different from the others.
She sensed some magic emanating from him. He did had a horn. The rest of his body was covered by a black cape.
"I'm not going to hurt you!"- he spoke. His voice was deep, but calm.

"I know."
He turned around before continuing.
"Please, follow me! This place is too dangerous for you."
Twilight nodded, for some reason, she felt trust in his words.

After spending some time walking through the mountains, they finally came to a stop.
Right in front of them, Twilight could notice what appeared to be a castle or a fortress. There was a deep pit surrounding the castle.
The only thing that connected the castle and the other side was a bridge. The bridge was being guarded by four creatures using armor and weapons. Twilight took a quick glance at their armors, they showed to be very rough and heavy. The first two guards had swords. The others had spears and shields.

The stallion stepped forward, passing by the two guards, they bowed. He looked and motion Twilight to follow him.
She trotted by the guards, they gave her a strange look, but said nothing. After entering the castle, they found themselves in room resembling to a throne room.

The unicorn finally took off his black cape and gave it to a nearby guard. Her eyes shot wide open, taking a quick glance at the stallion. He was also purple, but more darker. He was bearing some kind of armor. That made her even more interested.
Twilight, as usual, had a lot questions that needed some explaining, but what she really needed was a place to rest.

"I believe you must be very tired."- he spoke with his calm voice, she nodded. "Guard, please take our guest to my chamber! She needs to rest."
The guard slauted and waited for Twilight to follow him. "When she awakes, bring her to me." The guard nodded.

"Don't worry, soon I'll answer your questions, now you need to rest."- he said with a smile. Twilight felt comfort on his words and that smile, seemed right.

Twilight let out a yamn, with a awkward smile, she spoke.
"Heh, sorry. You're right, I really need to sleep."

"Indeed."- still with a smile.

With that said, Twilight started following the guard, until she remembered about something.
"I almost forgot to introduce myself, I'm Twilight Sparkle, Princess of Friendship."

He raised an eyebrow.
"Princess you say?" He leaned forward. "Glad to meet you! I'm Azil, Guardian of the Void."

"Wait! Did he just said Void?"

Author's Note:

Here's the new story I promised. I intended only one big chapter, but taking a second thought, I decided to make several.
I hope you like it :twilightsmile: