• Published 17th Jun 2015
  • 4,229 Views, 48 Comments

Like Paper Puppets - goldeaglefire



A field trip! A fight! The stage is set! For who, you ask? Why, me, of course, master of dimensions, pleaser of crowds, Dimentio! But this time...Equestria isn't getting as much mercy.

  • ...
13
 48
 4,229

Welcome to Plotholeville! (No Magicians Allowed)

You know, walking on four legs isn't that hard, even if I was originally a bipedal being before. The way to walk like a pony is sort of like a mixture of crawling and walking. Very interesting...but, back on topic, things started to go wrong as soon as I went into that town. At first, I didn't notice anything, the first few steps into Ponyville. A few seconds later, I began to notice I was getting some odd looks. Some were suspicious, some were glares, and some looked like they wanted me out as soon as possible. At first, I was confused. Weren't ponies supposed to be peaceful, not counting the high society idiots in Canterlot? What the Tartarus happened to this town? Then that slowly turned into amusement. Honestly, seeing a pony with a face other than stupidly cheerful grins or terror from whatever threat comes across was funny. Then that amusement turned into annoyance very quickly, because I realized the looks I was getting right now were the same ones Celestia gave me often. Anything that reminds me of that thorn in my side is annoying. And that's when it occured to me that I didn't know where the town hall was. You need to understand, I didn't bother to bring any stage things with me, as my magic was my main act, so finding the town hall in order to get a stage set up, get some equipment, etc, was my main goal at the time. The next step, after that, would be finding a place to stay.

So, with my annoyance growing way too quickly for my liking (as I said before, last I checked ponies were supposed to be peaceful), I started looking for someone to tell me directions. Not a lot of candidates, to be entirely honest. That's when I spotted someone who didn't notice me. It was a light blue Pegasus mare with an obnoxiously bright rainbow mane and tail, along with a cutie mark of a cloud with a tri-colored lightning bolt. Perfect. After all, rainbows are usually associated with peace and joy. So, forcing down my urges to make any sort of "gay pride" jokes, I walked over.

"Hello, miss, I'm a newcomer here; I happen to be looking for the town hall. Would you kindly point me in that direction?" I said, making sure to change my voice. After all, if I were to run across Celestia in this form, unlikely as it was, I needed her to not recognize my voice, and at the same time not confuse any potential ponies who had heard me speak before.

Cloudbutt turned around, her eyes unfocused. "Oh, sure, it's right...over..." And then she noticed my attire. A few moments after looking me over, Cloudbutt facehoofed, and I could hear her mutter "not another one...".

"Look, whoever you are, please tell me you're just wearing that because you have some weird sense of fashion..." Cloudbutt said, a desperate tone in her voice. Allowing suspicion to enter my fake voice, I said, "No, I'm a magician, madam. This is just how I dress for the-"

"Oh for Celestia's sake..." Cloudbutt muttered. "Look, if you're just going to do some tricks, that's fine and all...but if you're just here to show off; if you end up being another Trixie..." Cloudbutt got closer, and as she did, I had three thoughts. The first was "ever heard of personal space?". The second was "wait, judging by what she's saying...the ponies in this town have literally no idea what a magician is supposed to do. Magicians are supposed to be prideful and bragging, that's what makes them entertaining!". And the third one was "note to self, if I ever run across this 'Trixie', teleport her into Dimension C for giving me tartarus here.". Then I resumed attention to what she was saying. Probably should've paid attention.

"-Get. Out." Then Cloudbutt just...flew away. Now, remember that annoyance I mentioned earlier? And that I said I probably should've paid attention to what she was saying beforehand? Yeah, even though I knew she probably said some other things, I was just so fed up by everypony's behavior towards me that I decided to vent a little out.

"Well, f@#$ you too, plothole!" I yelled. I turned around, and then I spotted an incredibly large, cylindrical building with a brown ceiling with quite a few important looking ponies heading in and out of it. How did I miss that? That, most likely, was the town hall, and even if it wasn't, whoever was inside could probably give me directions. So, with that in mind, I teleported right to the front door. Just when I was about to open the door, however, I heard a sound that sounded like something colliding with the ground at high speed, followed by a faint 'ow!'.

The voice belonged to Cloudbutt.

That inspired me to quickly get myself inside as soon as possible. Of all the ponies I could've ticked off, I just had to tick off the one who happened to be incredibly fast and aggressive...and then I noticed a pony sitting at a desk, looking at me with a half-lidded expression, an eyebrow raised. With an embarrassed grin, I brushed myself off.

"Er, excuse me miss, would this happen to be the town hall?" I asked, after a moment of silence.

"Yes; this is the town hall." Secretary Pony answered in a monotone voice. Awkward silence. She casually filed some papers. "Do you wish to speak with the mayor?"

"Yes, I would. Is she free?" I asked, relieved to see a pony who wasn't immediately suspicious of me due to some misguided bias against travelling magicians. Secretary Pony looked at a piece of paper, then a clock.

"You're in luck. Her next appointment is in around three hours. You have plenty of time. Let me just inform the mayor real quick..." She got up and went down one of the halls. And as she did, a thought occurred to me.

'If she's the Mayor...then chances are she knows why this town is so aggressive towards magicians...'

Author's Note:

Well, Dimentio's made an enemy of Rainbow, realized that he screwed up, and is about to get some answers from the Mayor! Clearly, none of this will come back to bite him in the butt later on! :pinkiehappy:

...I'm being sarcastic. Of course it will. :pinkiecrazy: