• Published 17th Jun 2015
  • 4,226 Views, 48 Comments

Like Paper Puppets - goldeaglefire



A field trip! A fight! The stage is set! For who, you ask? Why, me, of course, master of dimensions, pleaser of crowds, Dimentio! But this time...Equestria isn't getting as much mercy.

  • ...
13
 48
 4,226

Time for Learning

So, of course, you might be wondering why I went after those school fillies, right? Well, very simple reason, really. Since those three helped me escape my prison, I decided to grace them with my presence first! I even decided not to kill Would be Dead if I Could Move as soon as possible! So, I had to follow them to figure out which town they came from. The field trip wasn't anything worth talking about. They avoided the throne room to not disturb Celestia, the Starswirl the Bearded wing of the library was also off-limits, and overall, they just visited the parts of the castle that were...bleh. I mean, sure, I was grateful, as I was never able to travel in the new castle before, considering Celestia didn't move the place until after Luna's banishment, but still. Bo~ring.

So, to say I was relieved that the group was leaving was an understatement. But, then again, the train ride isn't much to talk about either. Not because it was boring, I mean, it was, but mainly because it was annoying to try to not have any of these ignorant foals not blow my cover by bumping into me. I had to wait by the bathroom, which was near the end of the train, mind you, for someone to use the colt's bathroom...what's with that look? Did you expect me to go into the filly's bathroom or something? I wouldn't be so desperate as to go into the bathroom of the opposite gender! But I'm getting off-topic...wait, what was I talking about? Oh, right, the train ride. As I was saying, I had to wait for someone to use the colt's bathroom, and when someone finally did, I had to crawl underneath one of the stalls to get inside so the two colts who had entered wouldn't notice me, then turn flat inside the stall so no one would notice the white box that formed around me while I did it, hover up to the ceiling, put myself against it, then try to crawl my way over to the front of the train where the group was, and all the while, I had to listen to the two morons who had to go to the bathroom talk about the most stupid things, like, say, some sort of Pony version of Twilight, how to play Rock, Paper, Scissors with hooves, etcetera, etcetera. And I wanted to strangle the two so badly...but that would've blown my cover. I think their names were something stupid as well...oh, yeah, Snips and Snails. I did manage to get to the front, however, and I got to hear the sweet sound of those three still trying to figure out what Statue Me represented. Every cloud has a silver lining~.

And then the train stopped after what seemed like the longest time.

"Now arriving in Ponyville!"

Ponyville? Honestly, I wasn't expecting the school fillies to get up, but they did, and started heading out. It seemed like the horribly named town was their home, much to my regret. So, of course, I followed them. Joy. Looking around, I noticed that most of the houses were made out of wood for the walls and thatch for the ceiling. Not a good sign, considering I would think they would've moved beyond this sort of structure by now. I can barely remember my home, before all this, and I remember steel towers, paved roads, carriages that can travel by themselves, and...well, my home is a subject for another time. But my point is, I was hoping that the Ponies would've at least gotten close to that sort of technology, but from what I was seeing, there wasn't too much progress. Which was a bit of a problem for me. But, when I thought about it, I figured it would probably be a good idea to learn a bit on how Equestria is now. After all, this could just be a rural town. But that meant I needed to find the library, if this place even had one. And that meant I needed a disguise. And that meant...

'Makeover~!' I found a bridge, went underneath it, and then I felt the familiar feeling of being compressed as the white box I had summoned around myself took me somewhere else.


"Discord, I'm home!", I said, even though I knew there wasn't going to be any reply. I looked around. Bright colors constantly shifting, random things appearing here and there, said random things being destroyed in the oddest ways, and abominations that shouldn't have existed running around the place like no one was there...yup, seems like I formed Dimension C correctly. Now, you're probably wondering what the heck I'm talking about, correct? Well, Dimentio, the character I am now, has several abilities I've already demonstrated, such as the ability to duplicate, turning invisible, hovering, and, of course, the ability to use magic. But his most powerful ability was the power to create pocket dimensions. When I offed Discord, in order to make sure he stayed dead, one of my last acts was to use his magic to create Dimension Chaos, or Dimension C for short. It took a lot out of me, especially to make it so quickly, rather then over a long period of time, but from what I was seeing now, it was worth it. Now, originally I had intended Dimension C to be a torture chamber of sorts to put those who opposed my rule in; drive them insane with the chaos happening around them. But, now I was here for a different reason. I knew for a fact that Dimentio had control over his pocket dimensions. So, considering I was him, combined with the fact that I formed this from Discord's magic, meant that I had Discord's abilities while I was in here...including the ability to transform.

So, with that in mind, I began my transformation. With a snap of my fingers, I turned into a white unicorn stallion. Or, at least my body was the shape of that. With another flash, I added some details. Yellow eyes, a mane of black, yellow, and purple, and a cutie mark of my own mask. With my "normal" appearance finished, I moved on to other details. A quick flash, and a black outfit, along with a purple and yellow headdress and a matching...er...poncho, I suppose, appeared, and I put them on. Putting my mane and ears underneath the headdress, I got to work on my face. At my will, a black powder, along with a few other things, appeared. Using the black powder, I made half of my face black. Next was to apply a fake pointed nose, which was also black and white for my convenience. With the right coloration on hand, I then put on some contacts, one purely black, one purely yellow. And, last but not least, I added some triangles with curved bottoms so as to make my normal head look like a mask. And just like that, voila! I looked like myself in pony form. See, while I did want to blend in, I also knew these ponies would drive me nuts, so this identity was a travelling magician, known on-stage as Dimentio (master of magic, pleaser of crowds), but off-stage, he was just a normal stallion. On-stage, I could actually act like myself, while off-stage, I could learn more. It was perfect! There was just one problem...I didn't know if the effects in this dimension on myself would stay or disappear as soon as I arrived back in Ponyville. But, to be honest, this was my best shot. So, creating a saddlebag to carry my things, I teleported back.


I appeared on a road leading to Ponyville. Quickly, I looked myself over. It worked; my form was that of what I had transformed it into. With a silent fist...er...hoof pump, I then added a final touch, turning part of my outfit and myself invisible. To be precise, my front legs. Now, with that, I did indeed look like myself, with the appearance of disconnected hooves and such. So, proud of my work, I walked down the path to Ponyville. But, for whatever reason, I had this feeling that I'd screwed up somehow...but I didn't know what it was...

Author's Note:

Oh, poor Dimentio doesn't know what he's getting into. Just ask the last travelling magician who went into town. :trixieshiftleft:

Yup, this isn't going to end well. :pinkiecrazy: