• Published 17th Jun 2015
  • 4,232 Views, 48 Comments

Like Paper Puppets - goldeaglefire



A field trip! A fight! The stage is set! For who, you ask? Why, me, of course, master of dimensions, pleaser of crowds, Dimentio! But this time...Equestria isn't getting as much mercy.

  • ...
13
 48
 4,232

"I'm baaaaaaaaack!"

'Put her in a mudslide, feed her to a lion, run her over with a crappy purple Scion; help me, help me, Sunbutt needs more ways to die...'
In case you couldn't tell, I'm not on good terms with Celestia. Why? Because she turned me into a statue for a thousand years, that's why! Well, I'm pretty sure it's a thousand years, anyway. As far as I can tell, Luna's back from her time-out in the moon. Ah, seeing Celestia having to banish her own sister after she went "cuckoo for cocoa puffs"...that was amusing. It at least provided a form of entertainment. But, anyway, you're probably wondering what I did to piss off the god, right? Well, consider me in that bandwagon, because I don't know either! I mean, really, I just killed Discord for her with my magic box powers. I mean, sure, I may or may not have let it slip that they had actually done my job for me and that I was going to take over Equestria, but I'm sure we could've worked something out! Like, say, I would get seventy five, she would get twenty five? But noooooo, she decided to blast me with the Elements instead and trap me in this eternal prison. Ugh. And it's really boring too...but wait, what's this? Something to distract me from pure boredom?

Indeed, I could hear a group of ponies over on the other side. Then I realized that it wasn't making as much sound as a patrol of royal guards. My initial joy deflated. It was a field trip. Of course. The pony I assumed was the teacher was currently speaking.

"I want to start our field trip here, in the world-famous Canterlot sculpture garden," she said. A short pause. "That one over there represents friendship." Of course, I knew which one she was referring to, the statue with the three ponies with their annoying eternal smiles, reminding me constantly of...never mind. Oh, sounds like some of the ponies bumped into each other. Then Teacher's voice again. "All right, my little ponies, this one represents victory." Again, another statue I hated. It didn't even make any sense. Why was it holding an orange flag with three squares? The Equestrian flag was much different in design, that I knew, so why did they go for that flag? But, the voice of a child interrupted my thoughts.

"How cool would it be to have that for a cutie mark?" If I could move, I probably would've created one of my boxes over her and snapped my fingers for asking such a stupid question. It wouldn't be cool, a cutie mark like that would most likely mean you were good at making no sense. Then another voice replied to the first.

"Cool...if you were actually victoryful at something!" And there's another one I wanted to throttle. Oh, hey, another one joined in.

"That's not a word!" Yes, someone with a lick of common sense!

"What are you, a dictionary?", said the first. Really want to throttle that filly right now...

"Girls!", that was the teacher, who caught the girls attention, along with mine; now I could actually see the ponies. The adult pony at the front; the teacher, had a magenta coat, almost like the shade of a cherry, and along with that she had a pink mane with one light pink streak, and to top it all off, green eyes. I look at her cutie mark. Three smiling flowers. I now nickname the teacher Flowerface. Flowerface turned around and pointed at me.

"Now, this is a really interesting statue. What do you notice about it?", she asked. Of course, the response was almost immediate.

"It's got a weird mask!" said a yellow filly with a red mane and a ridiculously large pink bow. I noticed she was the second voice from that conversation.

"And a huge hat!" said an orange filly with noticeably small wings. She was the first voice from that conversation.

"And it's hands are suspended by magic!" said a white unicorn filly, jumping in the air as she did so. And her voice was the third one from that conversation. I could already tell there was a fight to be had between those three...

"This creature is called a Papling," I'd facepalm if my hands weren't stone and only connected to my body by a magical spell to keep them in place. I want to blow off Celestia's face for thinking of that ridiculous species name. "He has the ability to do spells and make himself as flat as paper. What do you suppose that represents?" Here it comes...

"Magic!", said Big Bow. She was knocked over by Dictionary.

"Puppeteer!", Dictionary insisted. She was knocked over by WbDiICM, which is short for Would be Dead if I Could Move.

"Chaos!", said WbDiICM. "It's not chaos, you dodo!" replied Dictionary. "Stop calling me things I don't know the meaning of! And it is too chaos!" yelled WbDiICM. Yes, girls, keep arguing, give me something to do...

"Is not!" Dictionary angrily replied. Then Big Bow hopped onto both of them. "You're both wrong!" she said. Both of the two fillies shoved her off and lunged at her. It quickly turned into a fight ball as the three little fillies tried to tear each others' throats out. And as I watched in amusement, I felt it. An incredibly weak point in the magic barrier that kept me encased in stone. Almost immediately, I started hitting it with my mental magic.

"Actually, in a way, you're all right," said the teacher. The fillies stopped fighting. "This statue represents manipulation, which is a series of tricks one puts up in order to control ponies. Like, say, manipulating them to fight. And since you provided such a good example of what ponies might do if they were manipulated to fight, you're each going to write me an essay explaining it." The three fillies expressions were quickly downcast as their class giggled. "Now let's go, and I don't want anymore fighting."

The class left me to continue their little field trip, and I could hear the fillies quietly arguing about what I was supposed to represent. Not that I was paying much attention, for I had just made a breakthrough. Mainly. I had made a giant crack in the stone prison. And all it needed was one...more...push...

"Ciao, Equestria~," I said as the stone shattered, freeing me at last. And as soon as I was free, the first thing I did was grin. "Oh, finally, some fresh air! Now, time to-" Then to my surprise, the magic formerly suspending my disconnected hands went into them. My hands then faced me, and were about to snap, but I forced them not to, quickly shaking off my surprise. Clearly, the magic levitating my hands into the right position also had a second function, but I had to figure out what, and fast. But what spell could possibly benefit Celesti...then it hit me before I finished my train of thought. If my last use of magic was to break myself out, then what if I was forced to do the opposite of that? Seal myself in? The spell most likely was to reverse the effects of whatever "spell" I did previously.

But magic wasn't the only thing I could use. With a smirk, I stepped off my pedestal and summoned a duplicate of myself. At once, the duplicate assumed the same position I was in before I broke out. I stopped resisting the mental magic, and let my fingers snap. At once, the duplicate was sealed back in stone. The magic left my hands and resumed their place, suspending my duplicate's hands and keeping them in the same spot as they were before.

"And it's an infinite loop, too? Clever, Celestia, clever...but you forget, I, too, am clever! Soon, like the sunset of winter tundra, I will get my revenge served cold!", I proclaimed, and, turning invisible, I floated after where I last saw the field trip headed.

Soon, Equestria would know my name...master of dimensions...pleaser of crowds...Dimentio!

Author's Note:

So, my first story on Fimfiction! I'm just hoping this won't be too bad...