• Published 7th Aug 2015
  • 766 Views, 24 Comments

Love - A peculiar subject - PhoenixBlaz3



Button and Spike fight for a certain somepony, the mare catching both colt's/dragon's eye...

  • ...
19
 24
 766

Ha, I got you there, didn't I?

Another Chapter?!?!?!?!?!

The Next Day...

Button and Spike knocked onto the door of the Carousel Boutique, the home of the two fellow ponies Rarity and Sweetie Belle. Both colts (if Spike is a colt - I don't know what I'd call him) were getting butterflies in their stomachs, fear taking each of them. However, one fear was in both of them in particular - the fear of rejection.

After what felt like an eternity (it was really only 15 seconds - silly boys), a purple-maned mare opened the door, greeted by the heart-warming smiles of Button Mash and Spike.

"Hello boys!" smiled Rarity. "Why are you knocking at the door at 9:00am?"

"Is that the time?" asked Spike. "I didn't realise it was that early," he chuckled. If I'm gonna impress her, the least I can do is make her do is make her laugh. Rarity nodded, giving a small laugh.

"Well, I was wondering if-" Button was interrupted by a claw, stuffed in his mouth by none other than Spike.

"What Button was trying to say was if it was okay for the two of us to go on a double date, me going with you, and Button with Sweetie Belle?" said Spike, sweating.

"I-I'm sorry Spike, I just don't think I'd have the time. Of course, I'd love to go on a date... it's just that, with my profession, it would be hard for me to fit enough time to spend time with you. I'm happy for Button to go on a date with my little sister, however whether or not she'll want to go with Button is entirely her decision." explained Rarity. She whispered, in a lower tone," Besides, I've been having secret fantasies of Button and Sweetie Belle... partaking in various... activities."

"W-what was that?" questioned Button, hearing only mumbles from Rarity's quiet monotone.

"Nothing dear," lied Rarity, nearly regreting she'd said that out loud. "You can come inside to ask Sweetie Belle if she wants to go out with you."

"Thank you." replied Button, entering the Carousel Boutique. "Spike, don't you want to come in?"

"N-no thanks. Good luck." mumbled Spike, slowly crying and walking back to the Castle.

"Spike, just remember - you'll always be my Spikey Wikey!" shouted Rarity, trotting over to him and giving him a hug. Spike shrugged this off out of anger, and started walking towards the Castle.

"Okay." replied Button, feeling a tinge of guilt. He knew it wasn't exactly his fault that Spike had been rejected, but he knew it added to the burden, as he himself knew that Spike had been rejected.


Spike entered the Castle, his eyes nearly being blinded because of how shiny the crystal was. He was surprised to see Apple Bloom. She started to smile, however nothing would cheer Spike up.

"Look Spike, I know what happened with you and Rarity. I just want you to know that I don't think you and Rarity are ment to be! However, I'm sure someone loves you in this world - they are just waiting for the right time to tell you." started Apple Bloom.

"The if someone loves me, why haven't they told me yet!?!?" shouted Spike. He started to weep, quietly at first. His cries grew and grew, until there were skittle-sized tears coming out, dripping onto the solid crystal floor. Apple Bloom started to hug him, trying to warm that stone heart that was petrified by Rarity.

Author's Note:

Ha, I got you, didn't I? If you had a keen eye, you would've noticed it was incomplete. There MAY, MAY be another chapter. Just look at that thingy, that thingy that says the story is complete or whatever. Have a good day!

Comments ( 14 )

Well, the Applebloom tag is now warrented! Huzzah! :yay:

A couple of the parts were a little uncomfortable and was Applebloom just hanging around in the castle, or did she meet him outside or something? Honestly that part kind of confused me. She's not usually seen in town without Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo or her sister.

But still, hooray for future Spikebloom...

...Oh and ButtonBelle is adorable as well :pinkiehappy:

6317547 Never mind, she was in the castle! But what was she doing there? Did Twilight have to go out for coffee and left her in charge of the concept of friendship for a while? It wouldn't surprise me if she did because Twilight is simultaneously the smartest and the dumbest Pony ever!

6317551 I like to think it was because she heard about the whole "Rarity rejecting Spike" and she went over to the Castle to comfort Spike.

I'm sorry, but that was weird. This was at first a Trollfic, but now is it trying to be serious? Make up yer mind.
5/10- Indesicive on the Author's part

6318162 ...Then she must of heard about it in record speed! It had just happened to Spike, Applebloom would have to have been inside the Carousel Boutique and have beaten Spike to the Castle as well! Maybe MLP got it wrong, maybe lil' AB is the fastest pony there is!

6319179 I'm trying to make this fanfic confusing.

6321254
6321254
As much as you are, all that is doing is ticking people off. Even with trollfics, you have to choose. Ask RainbowBob, King of Trollfics, for more info.

6321257 Ok, thnx for the advice.

I understand it was a troll but I just don't like it sorry bro but please update your other one because its good

6477724 Yeah, I will. I started the next chapter!

I looked it up and well.... spike isnt a colt... hes a wyrmling i think.....

Why.
Why does this story have so many downvotes.
Everything is hilarious.

Login or register to comment