• Published 16th Jun 2015
  • 6,058 Views, 54 Comments

My Little Naruto: Family Is Magic - madhat886



The Apples were a normal farming family living in Ponyvile. Up till a young boy name Naruto suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Now in a world without ninjas or a need for them.

  • ...
55
 54
 6,058

Chapter 19

Naruto blink as he slowly awakens from his long slumber. He strain his body trying to move but couldn't, as his body was bandaged up and he's weak from what he's been put through. He looks around finding himself inside of a hospital again. Then the door to the room open.

"You're awake," Nurse Redheart said having been alerted by the machines connected to him.

Naruto didn't say anything as his eyes darted around the room.

"Are you ok?" Nurse Redheart ask.

"Where are the Apple family?" Naruto ask Nurse Redheart with a face filled with confusion and fear.

!

Chaos Inc. HQ -

Inside the a room of the research department of the building Discord watch in interest as Doctor Whooves and other researchers studied the Rainbow of Light as it was used by Megan. The department being used to study the magic item, deals with renewable energy research. His company is known as a game company but he does have many side businesses as not to have all of his eggs in one basket.

"Well Doctor what have you and the other lab coats found out?" Discord ask stepping in the room.

"We discovered that the Rainbow only responds to Megan as she said. We had all of her family members try to use it and her mother nor her children can use it. Both her sister and brother also confirm that it never worked with them either. And it works like a Lantern Ring from DC comics but more powerful seeing its not limited to a single color. Something that isn't mention in the books," Doctor Whooves said.

"I had to write the books in board strokes to avoid them from being seen as me copying from other sources. And to make it less scary for my target readers," Megan spoke up. Currently she's making a copy of a pony Firefly for the researchers to study.

"I'm still fine tuning my energy detector machine," Doctor Whooves said. "Now that, I don't have to second guess what setting, I need it to be on. I can get a better reading."

"But can you tell yet if there is magic in our world or not?" Discord ask.

"It's faint but it's there. I'm guessing that because magic hasn't been used for so long in our world it has grown weak from lack of use," Doctor Whooves said.

"That's right," Megan spoke up. "From what, I remember the Moochick taught me about magic. Is that the magic of that world is drawn from magical lay lines beneath the earth and if it's not use it weakens like a muscle would."

"And the Rainbow of Light?" Discord ask.

"It draws power from light and colors as well as the lay lines," Megan said.

"That would explain why the energy readings that made me come to live here was so strong. The Rainbow Bridge before it disappeared must have cause the lay line under us to wake up and the Rainbow of Light kept it from just fading away," Doctor Whooves said.

"Is magic renewable? Or is it like mako or whatever it's called from Final Fantasy 7?" Discord ask.

"As long as you don't just suck it up all at once it shouldn't. But of course how magic acts in the pony world can be completely different from how it works here," Megan said.

"Well there be plenty of time to test out how safe it is," Discord said.

"It's not like there are any other magic users around here to test on," Megan said.

As Discord said he would, he used his full legal team might in protecting Megan from both the government and others who wanted to get their hands on Megan's locket. The government would use it as a weapon or something along on that line or just lock it up. While others would want it for themselves or worse yet to destroy it claiming that it's too powerful for anyone. (1) But Discord on the other hand had other ideas. Once his research team learn how to use magic as a power source and able to draw the magic found on Earth, a new age would begin as it did when people used coal or oil to fuel progress. And it be his company that starts it, while the ones who didn't want change be left in the dust.

"Don't worry Megan we're not going to doing any test on you. All we need you to do is use the Rainbow, as you're more like a Lantern then a magic user. With no locket you're as magical as the rest of us muggles," Doctor Whooves said.

"Don't compare me to that fiction," Megan snorted.

"You don't like Harry Potter?" one of the researchers ask.

"No because, I know magic and what it's like to be facing a villain who is a true monster. When, I fought Tirek I didn't hold back and handicap myself as those wizards did in the book. I was blasting him away with the rifle, I took with me as myself and the ponies tried to keep the Rainbow of Darkness away from him," Megan said.

"Wait that's not in the book," one researcher said.

"I left that out as, I didn't want to give kids ideas. Besides I was a child hero and if, I was treated as Potter was. I wouldn't have been a hero for long. And I never want my kids to ever be kid heroes like, I was. As it's nothing like in fiction where all the kid needs to do is to unleash the powerful item or something like that to win," Megan said.

"You didn't just use the Rainbow all the time?" Discord ask.

"No, I didn't," Megan said as she made the Rainbow and the copy of Firefly disappear. "I watch as Tirek was killed right in front of me when, I first used the rainbow. After that, I never wanted to do something like that again. So, I always used the Rainbow when there was no longer any choice but to use it. But as, I grew older and got better control over my emotions, I learn that the Rainbow responses to my emotions so when, I'm full of rage. As I was when I first use it on Tirek, the Rainbow would just kill whoever, I use it on. I was just a 14 year old girl who was full of teenage hormones and became a woman. So it was only when, I calm down that I learn how to use the Rainbow. But by then, I learn from hands on experiences how to fight against non human beings without relying on magic. Guns work just as good."

"You left much out in your books," Doctor Whooves said.

"There are more times that, I had to shoot the dog and make choices that still haunt me to this day. So, I left them out as, I didn't want to give kids nightmares," Megan said. (2)

"You and your brother and sister, must have gone through hell," Discord said seeing the same look on Megan as some of his old friends who saw war first hand.

"Yes, and why we had so many problems after the portal closed. Without going to see the ponies and save them. All the things that we seen and had to do. Just hit us and left us wrecks. But we pulled through it and got our lives in order," Megan said.

Discord was about to say something when his cellphone rung. He look his cell to see who is call and his eyes widen seeing who's calling then spoke to Megan. "Naruto is awake."

"Test is over," Megan said as she left the room running before jumping out of an open window of the 17 floor of the 20 story tall building they're in.

"Did she had to do that?" Doctor Whooves ask watching as Megan flew away riding on the Rainbow.

"Well if you had a magical rainbow that you could surf through the air on. Wouldn't you do that?" Discord ask.

"True," Doctor Whooves said.

!

At the hospital -

Doctor Horse step out of Naruto's room after he exterminated him not liking what he discovered. The trauma that Naruto went through had deeply effected him. For the month that Naruto was in a coma his memories changed as whatever he remembered when the fox attack him, made him want to forget about everything to do with his past.

"Doctor Horse how is he?" Megan ask walking up to him. She is the first of her family to arrive while the others are coming as fast as they could.

"He now remembers everything now," Doctor Horse said.

"I'll handle things from here," Megan said as she enters Naruto's room. She was the one who inform Doctor Horse about Naruto's past. Something that she keeps secret but from a few, as far as the rest of the world knows Naruto is merely from another world. And the fox attack him because it thought that by having Naruto with him he'll be able to return home.

"Hello Naruto," Megan said as she walks up to his bedside.

"I remember everything now. About my past and what happen and how, I came to this world," Naruto said.

"I made the fox tell me everything," Megan said.

"Then you know why, I'll be leaving then," Naruto said.

"Leave?" Megan ask.

"I'll just be putting all of you in danger if, I stay," Naruto said.

"No you're apart of this family and you're not going to be facing this alone," Megan said as she held Naruto's hand.

"Why are you doing this?" Naruto ask staring at Megan.

"Because you're family," Megan said.

"But you hardly know me and we're not related...," Naruto started to say before Megan place her finger on his lips to stop him.

"It doesn't matter. You can't choose who you are born to, but you can choose who your family are," Megan said. "And you are my son."

"But, I haven't done anything to deserve this," Naruto said.

"And you never have to but to love back," Megan said.

Naruto grab onto Megan hugging her as he cried into her chest. Megan just held him letting him let it all out. And that's how the other members of the Apple family found them. She face things out of nightmares and gave up so much for the ponies. But with everything she has now, she knows that without what she lived through she wouldn't have what she has now. A loving family and a new family member who gain the one thing he always wanted. A family that loves him.

Author's Note:

1 - If people always claim that something is just too powerful for anyone to use in real life. We humans would still be scared of fire and be living like our other relatives in the Ape family tree. People need to take chances and learn from mistakes so that we'll continue to move forward. Or we'll never leave Earth for the stars.

2 - Megan has PTSD, seeing how she defended the ponies from the monsters in the death world they live in.