• Published 16th Jun 2015
  • 6,052 Views, 54 Comments

My Little Naruto: Family Is Magic - madhat886



The Apples were a normal farming family living in Ponyvile. Up till a young boy name Naruto suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Now in a world without ninjas or a need for them.

  • ...
55
 54
 6,052

Chapter 16

The Dam -

The Canterlot dam provides most of the power of the city of Canterlot, which is covered with hanging walkways on it's side as it's having repairs and upkeep done it. The Canterlot dam is a gravity dam that stands at 550 feet that not only gives electricity but irrigation as well. It also serves as a bridge for the river and man made lake, and is now the scene that right out of a action movie. A giant fox is climbing up the rocky slope of the dam's side after being chase by a bunch of school girls on a motorboat. And the reason for the chase is that the fox held a young boy in it's massive jaws. Flying over the dam is a news helicopter having been called in to cover the event and letting the police know where the fox is.

Kurama growled as he reach the top of the slope and turn his glaze down at the boat that had chased him along the river bank. He never imagine that these humans have such weapons, his eyes could barely see and his sense of smell is all but gone. His body is all but spent now, being chase through the woods by those humans and being attack by those females on that cart on the road and that fast moving boat. His hind leg is bleeding badly but it doesn't matter all he has to do is get across the bridge and into the forest. He has the boy the key to getting back home.

He ran across the bridge when several of those cart things appeared on the other end of the dam. Kurama growled as he wouldn't be able to get to the forest seeing how fast those things the humans drove in are. He would be run over if he tried.

Running out of one of the buildings built into the dam, Gilda came out armed with makeshift weapons and armor. She wielded a handheld buzz saw and a welding torch. She wore the protective gear that welders wear to protect them against the sparks and heat from their torches. All that could be seen of her face is her eyes behind the welding mask she wore.

"Alright fox this is as far as you go!" Gilda shouted as she lit up the torch and started up the buzz saw. Some of her fellow dam worker followed her armed with makeshift weapons of tools and wearing whatever protection they could grab.

Kurama growls around his hold on the boy in his mouth. He looks back and to his horror a large yellow cart stop on the other side of the dam along with that other cart that had tried to ram into him earlier. Out of it came a horde of those young kids who had given chase through the woods, all wielding some kind of weapon, mostly sport gears. Lightning Dust had taken the school bus and went after the fox, picking up as many students as she could hold on the way. Out from the lead cart came that man with that weapon he seen some humans used before. He hit him with something that is numbing his body making it hard for him to stay awake and move.

Gripping hard onto the boy he remember that the side of the dam has walkways on it, he ran to the side and jump over. The humans on the bridge ran to the side and saw that the fox had landed on one of the hanging walkways. The fox sheer weight caused the walkway to bulk under his paws. He steady himself as he move as fast as he could to reach the other side.

"Oh no you don't!" Gilda said as she slides down one of the ropes using a gloved hand to hold on to it. (1)

"Get her Gilda!" Rainbow Dash shouted watching with the others.

"Drop him mutt!" Gilda said as she uses the welding torch to keep him at bay, waving it in front of her.

Walter seeing his chance fired another dart at the fox, hitting his mark. The second dart caused Kurama to lose his strength and felt himself falling, but his rage gave him one last boost of strength as he tosses Naruto at Gilda. The older woman drop the torch as she grabs Naruto, which gave Kurama the opening he needed.

"I'll kill you!" Kurama scream as his chance of escaping was lost because of the woman getting in his way.

Gilda seeing the fox leaping at her, taking hold of Naruto duck down letting the fox pass over her. Kurama fell onto the walkway and it broke underneath his weight sending him falling down to the river below. Gilda managed to grab onto a piece of railing that's still connected to a cable, while her other hand held onto Naruto.

"Hang on kid," Gilda said looking down at Naruto, who for the first time saw how still he is.

!

On the bridge -

"Grab the cable!" Iron Will shouted as he took hold of the cable and started pulling on it bringing Gilda and Naruto up.

"You heard him!" Applejack shouted as she and Big Mac grab onto the cable Iron Will managed to pull up, pulling as well.

The people on the bridge rush over and all started to pull on the cable lifting Gilda and Naruto up. All awhile the local news copter caught everything on camera. Police cars and other emergency vehicles finally came to the scene.

!

Down Below -

Glida smiled as she saw they're being lifted up to safety. She looks down at the boy she held in her arm, hoping he's alright. He still hadn't moved... she felt her body jolt as to her horror the piece of railing she's holding onto is giving way.

"Pull faster! It's breaking!" Glida shouted up.

"It's breaking!" Fluttershy scream out in horror causing the people pulling to pull faster.

Then to everyone's horror the railing broke sending Gilda and Naruto falling. Applejack along with Big Mac almost fell backwards as the cable suddenly lost the weight of both bodies that were on the other end. They ran over to the side and look down, hoping that Gilda would be able to pull Naruto to safety once they hit the water. Looking down both of them gasp in shock seeing both Gilda and Naruto safe, as they were held in the air by a rainbow. Looking to the source of the rainbow both Applejack and Big Mac were awe struck as their mother and father are the source to the rescue, with their mother holding a familiar heart shape locket in front of her. Both of them are standing on the same rainbow that saved Gilda and Naruto. The rainbow rose upwards allowing two of the three adults to step off with Paul having taken Naruto from Gilda.

"I get him to the medics," Paul said as he ran over to the ambulance.

"I'll handle the fox," Megan said knowing her husband will take care of Naruto.

"Mom?" Applejack ask as she stares at her and the locket she's holding that controls a rainbow.

"I'll explain things later. You two go with your father make, Naruto will need both of you," Megan said.

"Yes mom," Big Mac said as he drag his sister behind him. Knowing they learn everything later.

"Does this mean all your books are real? The ponies, Spike the dragon, Crunch the stone dog?" Lyra ask recognizing the rainbow of light from the books.

"Some of them are," Megan said as she rode the rainbow down along the river to search for the fox.

The crowd was silent till, Lyra turn to Bon Bon.

"I knew it! You said, I was crazy but, I was right all along! The books are real! And Ms. Apple is the heroine of the books she wrote! In your face!" Lyra shouted in Bon Bon's face. "Now give me that 50 you said you'll give me if, I was right."

"NOT NOW!" Bon Bon shouted at Lyra.

!

In the local junkyard -

Doctor Whooves watched the news of the attack and the rescue by Megan Apple using the very rainbow of light that's in her books. He turn and walk to the bookshelf that held the book he needed. He pulled out and look at the cover.

"My Little Pony: Rescue At Midnight Castle by Megan Apple," the Doctor said to himself as he sat down and began reading. He would need to know all he can about the subject matter he's going to be studying.

!

Author's Note:

1 - Never try sliding down a rope using a bare hand to hold onto it. Those who gotten rope burns or worse know the reason already.